Tahiti Maze tarmac

Tahiti Maze tarmac Version 3.2

• Thread starter BarneyA
  • 7 comments
Interesting alterations but overall, less successful I would say. It might be more authentic in terms of up and down, the overall length is too long and each corner is too wide.

The hairpin bends, especially in the early section, were almost like the hairpin at Monaco. If you match the radius of the barriers to the original, the narrower tarmac section should match the central portion of the very wide dirt track. Without any barriers cutting back on themselves or overlapping the tarmac of an earlier section. (Overlapping the grass is OK.)

The speeds are now too high through corners which are too open. It doesn't feel like the claustrophobic, winding island road of the original. I found it less enjoyable overall, too. Feels like a GT6 user-created touge, not a tarmac rally stage.

The back section also has too much offset in those fast kinks, still. The tarmac is half the width of the dirt. These corners were nearly 100% gas in licence tests; only the final right needed a lift in the Lancer Evo with yaw control. On dirt!

You could absorb the too-long pit straight by stretching the back section. That would open out the angle of each kink, allowing better flow like the original. Stretching the kinks out along that section would avoid any one part of it feeling too long. And the rest of the track could be as compact as the original.

That, I would love to drive.

BarneyA updated Tahiti Maze tarmac with a new update entry:

Eureka!

Discovered that the old maps I had been working from are inaccurate when compared to replays of the original circuit!

In the back section there are only x2 apex's whereas the maps display a series of x4 tightening apex's.

I'm not sure if this is an artwork error or a track that Polyphony Digital had intended to further develop however this is an interesting if not a little frustrating anomaly.

This does make the track 0.1 miles longer but has moved the lap time to sub 2.30 min with the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back