Resource icon

Tail of the dragon pt1 2015-10-25

I will give this a try later today and provide feedback.. I do the Dragon at least once every year in RL. I would love to see it attempted on a map with elevation changes but I understand the limitations and the amount of work that would be involved with trying to freehand it.

I will give this a try later today and provide feedback.. I do the Dragon at least once every year in RL. I would love to see it attempted on a map with elevation changes but I understand the limitations and the amount of work that would be involved with trying to freehand it.
I have another one that I did that included the middle 6 miles and has only a 6 meter wide track to make it more realistic. I used .gpx data for both of them, no real elevation change its all flat, I can't figure out the elevation part

Yeah, there is no way you could do the actual elevation accurately. You could do some elevation changes by using Eifle or Andalusia and wrapping around some of the terrain they offer but then the entire course would have to be hand drawn. A lot of the fun of the Dragon is diving into the switchbacks and climbing the grades from one corner to the next. With the speed limit being only 30 mph now and the constant presence of the Tennessee Highway Patrol, you have to "limit" your aggressiveness. I was hoping that the Course Maker was going to allow us to build an exact replica which could be attacked in anger without danger to oneself or one's license. Alas, that was not to be.

Back