Take a Tour of GT Sport's Tokyo East and Colorado Springs Circuits

I thought the illumination was good for low beams, if that's what was in use.

For a road car, perhaps. If you're in a rally car and blasting through the forest at 200kmph, you naturally want a little more illumination so that you can at least see the tree before you hit it. There's a fairly significant difference in how road and race cars (especially rally cars) treat headlights in the real world (see stuff like the R18 and it's laser headlights), and in a small game like this that's focusing on motorsport I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that difference to be captured.

For a road car, perhaps. If you're in a rally car and blasting through the forest at 200kmph, you naturally want a little more illumination so that you can at least see the tree before you hit it. There's a fairly significant difference in how road and race cars (especially rally cars) treat headlights in the real world (see stuff like the R18 and it's laser headlights), and in a small game like this that's focusing on motorsport I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that difference to be captured.

There's a chance that the high beams weren't on. If it follows suite to previous entries in the series, then you'll have the option to use high beams - so there will be more illumination.

In this footage, the headlights are significantly brighter:

"small game like this" -- that made me chuckle, good one 👍

Last edited:
There's a chance that the high beams weren't on. If it follows suite to previous entries in the series, then you'll have the option to use high beams - so there will be more illumination.

In this footage, the headlights are significantly brighter:

"small game like this" -- that made me chuckle, good one 👍

You are correct, high beam is definitely off.👍
Untitled.png

You are correct, high beam is definitely off.👍
View attachment 667336

Very interesting if that is the high beam indicator, because in the footage that shows more illumination, the indicator still doesn't seem to be on:

upload_2017-8-16_19-16-7.png

Is the R stick is for a free motion cursor ? Like a mouse

I'm not sure - I didn't play the beta, so I'm not sure if there are any free motion cursors.

I am hoping we can use a keyboard/mouse to use the interface, though.

Last edited:
This definatly needs some slower technical sections as you say. One could only hope for a dlc variation. Where an off ramp opens you up to a short suburban section. With a few tight 2nd gear corners and chicanes before shooting back up an on ramp and back into the high speed stuff.

I reckon we may see some more variations of Tokyo come release...

Tokyo East to me looks washed out or bland surely they could have had better lighting through the tunnels etc. Even the older gt games looked better than this.

but the scope of what GTS provides is...well, small.

This might be something we will just never agree on lol.

I'm curious though, which, if any, of the big 3 circuit-based sims of 2017 do you plan to purchase?

This might be something we will just never agree on lol.

I'm curious though, which, if any, of the big 3 circuit-based sims of 2017 do you plan to purchase?

The ones for which i already own hardware.

I'm not sure - I didn't play the beta, so I'm not sure if there are any free motion cursors.

I am hoping we can use a keyboard/mouse to use the interface, though.
It works on the beta, but i did on the menu, garage, not tried on the pre race menu, but we see there the upper menu on your screen, maybe that s why you can go up there

Back