Take a Tour of GT Sport's Tokyo East and Colorado Springs Circuits

Both links to the videos work, and will show the ads at the start... after that, it's just a black screen for both. There is sound, just no video at all. Links both go to a Japanese site.

Cheers

Both links to the videos work, and will show the ads at the start... after that, it's just a black screen for both. There is sound, just no video at all. Links both go to a Japanese site.

Cheers

See, this is part of why it took us a while to get an article out on the subject!

IGN Japan's videos are incredibly finicky. We tried a few different embedding options on the blog with no success. I originally had the issue you mention, but it somehow cleared up shortly afterwards. I've checked the links on mobile and desktop (Safari on iPhone 7 Plus, Chrome on iMac) and they both play fine, after the Uncharted ad.

Weird stuff.

See, this is part of why it took us a while to get an article out on the subject!

IGN Japan's videos are incredibly finicky. We tried a few different embedding options on the blog with no success. I originally had the issue you mention, but it somehow cleared up shortly afterwards. I've checked the links on mobile and desktop (Safari on iPhone 7 Plus, Chrome on iMac) and they both play fine, after the Uncharted ad.

Weird stuff.
They work fine for me too:tup:

Colorado Springs is the track I'm most excited for. I live in Colorado so of course I've been there. The mountains where really hard to see but at least they where there. (Naturally tgat would happen at that time of day, if it was overcast or foggy but it wasn't much so the mountains would appear black blue, or purple. Also some city lights in the distance would've been nice, But otherwise good

That Tokyo track is Meh, would be nice if there was some slower more technical sections. I Would rather have SSR5 to be honest.

Visually GTS looks good and sounds good but that AI seems very similar to GT6. I have not played the beta though so I am solely basing my opinion on the videos I have seen thus far.

That Tokyo track is Meh, would be nice if there was some slower more technical sections. I Would rather have SSR5 to be honest.

Visually GTS looks good and sounds good but that AI seems very similar to GT6. I have not played the beta though so I am solely basing my opinion on the videos I have seen thus far.
They are neither the same nor similar in the slightest. For reference, have you looked up Bathurst for GTS?

You'd prefer SSR5 and I would rather have Kart Space. Not kidding, not exaggerating. To clarify, I'd rather have GT5's Kart Space. Shame on Kaz for not allowing cars to slide around Kart Space in GT6. And GT5's course maker with its locations. I miss you, Tokyo Bay. You'll be in my heart forever ever.

They are neither the same nor similar in the slightest. For reference, have you looked up Bathurst for GTS?

You'd prefer SSR5 and I would rather have Kart Space. Not kidding, not exaggerating. To clarify, I'd rather have GT5's Kart Space. Shame on Kaz for not allowing cars to slide around Kart Space in GT6.

You'd prefer SSR5 and I would rather have Kart Space. Not kidding, not exaggerating. To clarify, I'd rather have GT5's Kart Space. Shame on Kaz for not allowing cars to slide around Kart Space in GT6.
The kart space track was a lot of fun and would not turn it down if offered, MX5's and low HP cars on that track were a lot of fun. If I could have any original track though it would be Seattle, closely followed by El Capitan.

Tokyo East. . . It's alright. I just wish they would've added more turns. It just seems like SSR7 with a SSR5 Ambience and scenery. The track looks beautiful but I'm sick of the eye candy appeal.

Idk maybe I'm being too nitpicky, I'm just not a big fan of top speed type tracks (Excluding La Sarthe) maybe I'll feel different when I drive on it.

Tokyo East. . . It's alright. I just wish they would've added more turns. It just seems like SSR7 with a SSR5 Ambience and scenery. The track looks beautiful but I'm sick of the eye candy appeal.

Idk maybe I'm being too nitpicky, I'm just not a big fan of top speed type tracks (Excluding La Sarthe) maybe I'll feel different when I drive on it.
I get what you mean. Personally, I see SSR5 as having one of the better environments. The last sector's tunnel, the lights, then the GT logo building. Ingenious.

I really like it. I think it's a brilliant sequence.

GT6's style replay Photo Mode with Free Roam and 6 fixed Camera locations.
Plus it might be the return of the Motec Telemetry
Screenshot (3588).png
Screenshot (3589).png

I get what you mean. Personally, I see SSR5 as having one of the better environments. The last sector's tunnel, the lights, then the GT logo building. Ingenious.

I really like it. I think it's a brilliant sequence.

Brilliant indeed! And SSR11 was genius in it's original form as well. It was a mix of high speed and skill. Especially with the 3 Chicanes (The main one being the deadly one underneath the main straight)

Looks good especially the rally track as for one track i'd like to see come back it would have to be smokey mountain or the el capitan rally circuit along with el capitan of course i magine how good the replays would look with the lighting and that massive mountain backdrop :drool:

Brilliant indeed! And SSR11 was genius in it's original form as well. It was a mix of high speed and skill. Especially with the 3 Chicanes (The main one being the deadly one underneath the main straight)
This definatly needs some slower technical sections as you say. One could only hope for a dlc variation. Where an off ramp opens you up to a short suburban section. With a few tight 2nd gear corners and chicanes before shooting back up an on ramp and back into the high speed stuff.

CS: Holy dim headlights Batman!

This is what gets me. Two cars and a countryside track with no real ambient light sources, and they still can't make both cars cast full headlights? Or even let rally cars cast the decently bright and far reaching lights that they have in real life?

I really like what they did with the ambience of the dark scene and I think that they captured it really well, but the fact that the headlights hardly work I find quite jarring. I found myself looking to see what was illuminated by the car ahead, because that's what you'd do as a driver, and it was quite dissonant when sometimes I couldn't see any light at all.

Can't wait to try out these tracks. I love the narrow dirt path of Colorado springs - once I learn that track, it should make for a very exciting race. Same with Tokyo Express. I like how it alternates between stretches of two or three lane highways.

I thought the illumination was good for low beams, if that's what was in use.

Usually we will see the high beam indicator somewhere on the screen when those are turned on.

Last edited:
Not a fan of how Tokyo East starts in a tunnel. Would much rather it start outside of one with proper barriers, pit garages, and stands visible.

What is not missing on this track are clean overtaking points...;)
And variety. The scenery looks better than Fisherman's Ranch for sure. Now, when compared to the old GT rally tracks, some obvious thing. I loved the fact that there was a part in tarmac (starting line) and the rest in dirt, a bridge/tunnel to help the scenery...
The new Tokyo track could be cool for fun but I prefer SS route 11.

Back