Take on a Le Mans Winner in This Week's PCARS 2 Community Event

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 4, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Tavilha and BrainsBush like this.
  2. IBZ6L20VT

IBZ6L20VT

Interesting that the setup is fixed for the Ferrari...

BrainsBush likes this.
  3. BrainsBush

BrainsBush

pffff fastest racers 1:16 with the C7R at Long Beach Street Circuit. I am already happy with my 1:17 mid. Have to get used to the car and brake behavior of this car. I could not find the other challenge with the 288GTO yet? May be I did a wrong look up?

edit: indeed I did not look right....A challenge in the night. Awesome!! 1:31 (#5) and again so far away from @MAGRAS67 with a 1:29 (#1). WoW!!!!
    But I stopped at the hotdog tent because some fans were cheering and waving in bikini :cheers: I bet you also noticed them or will check right now. :lol::lol:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    joedakiss, MAGRAS67 and Mr Tree like this.
  4. Cluck

Cluck

Oops. Yes, that's a default 'loose' setup and there's another tenth to come out of that still.

[​IMG]

This one is a lovely combo.

Struggling a bit more with the Ferrari 288 at Ruapuna but that's always been one of my 'bogey' tracks. Currently (well, as of an hour or so ago) sitting 4th I think and still 2s off the #1 time :O. I need to watch the ghost to see where that time is being made up.

EDIT : Here's my Rift recording of the lap, recorded live. Audio is very slightly out of sync for some reason.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  5. BeetesJuice

BeetesJuice Premium

6. BrainsBush

BrainsBush

haha That jumping in your car at the end. Very impressive time and thus party time.
    Your brake points are about 100 meters further then mine. Much to learn so thanks for sharing!

7. Cluck

Cluck

I said to one of the pCARS forum mods, after I uploaded the lap "there's a 1m15 lap in the default setup, I made quite a few mistakes". You proved me right, fantastic lap Beetes :)

BeetesJuice likes this.
  8. Cluck

Cluck

Thought I'd have another stab at it, since I knew my first recorded lap was a bit sloppy. Et voila...

1m15.780 on the default 'stable' setup. Brake bias reduced to 54, traction control slip increased to 14% (0.14) before the lap started, no adjustments made during the lap itself.

9. Tavilha

Tavilha

Finally hit my goal for today with 1:16.6 with no assists on ps4, and I'm happy for now. Still far from that perfect lap though...
    The 288 GTO is really fun!

BrainsBush and Cluck like this.
  10. dQuim

dQuim

Had a blast on the Long Beach event last night. Great track and car combo. Still not mastered the final hairpin; I seem to lose time there on the exit.

288 on Ruapuna is fun too.

BrainsBush and Cluck like this.
  11. MAGRAS67

MAGRAS67

it starts to be squeezed into the top: D
    difficult to know who will have the last word. GG guys

BeetesJuice likes this.
  12. Simon Badham

Simon Badham

I must be a numpty, but where can you see Tommy's lap time?

Tavilha likes this.
  13. Tavilha

Tavilha

I was also wondering if we'll know this time. Still don't know if Nic posted a lap on his event

Simon Badham likes this.
  14. BeetesJuice

BeetesJuice Premium

I have a suspicion the TheRaceSeat steam tag is a SMS account - private account with the pcars2 logo. If so, time is a 1:16.509.

15. Simon Badham

Simon Badham

This seems mad. I figured it was just me, but they label the event: beat Tommy Milner, and then there's no time listed.

Doh!

BeetesJuice likes this.
  16. Miko Skye

Miko Skye

oh wow, this event is fun. The car is a beast to drive. If it is not understeering into the corners, it is fish tailing mid corner and swapping ends on exit. Yes, I have some work to do...haha

The first and last corners are losing me so much time. Cant get the rear to stay planted on the first and cant get the front to turn in on the last...what a dilemma!!

LOVING IT!!

17. TommySalami

TommySalami

yeah it's a fun car. Disappointing they don't seem to actually be posting these guy's times though.

18. BrainsBush

BrainsBush

And yet some other new great community challenges. As a Dutchy I am in the Europe West section to start with the Ferrari 488 (fixed setup) at Sugo.
    Good luck and a lot of fun to all participants. :cheers:

19. awaite85

awaite85

It's not saving my time after i complete a lap. What am I doing wrong? I am loving the time trial event's though.

20. Tavilha

Tavilha

It takes a few minutes to update. Have you returned to the leaderboard yet?

21. awaite85

awaite85

I haven't yet. Happend a couple days ago and haven't been back on since. I did it multiple times that day.

22. BeetesJuice

BeetesJuice Premium

Good stuff this week @MAGRAS67 - could not match your 21.022 in S1. Got lucky on the right after the straight and managed to not crap the bed in the final hairpin. Had around 30 minutes remaining with that lap.