Takuma Gaiden II: Road to America (Pt. 2) - Page 31: LFA's Song

• Thread starter RCKakashi14
  • 1,053 comments
Page 3 - Shockwave

Time: 2 pm, Saturday

It's a race weekend, and professional racing teams from across the globe have gathered to prove their prowess and ready to unleash their hard work.

However, little do they know, that a threat is imminent...

16675236470_85029ff5ca_c.jpg

Abram: "It's time. This is the perfect opportunity, as mentioned by Kazunori-san."

16861471462_938f6d1e28_c.jpg

The competitors are shocked by the menacing performance of the AMG VGT RS. Its power output of over 600 horsepower is a domineering force in the battlefield.

16861595171_5626dc8aaa_c.jpg

Abram: "The rebellion starts at this very moment. The FIA shall see our intent of changing the racing world."

After creating a sensational scene, Abram immediately heads back to the headquarters to avoid the press. The car's mere presence shall start a revolution as Kazunori intended. His big step has achieved, and there is definitely no hesitation and no turning back.

Awaiting him is his cheering brother, who obviously Abram scoffs off easily.

Anton: "That was just epic!"

Abram: "It was merely child's play."

Kazunori sees the conversation from his room above, and decides to join the two.

Kaz: "As expected from you, you performed efficiently. Now that should send a wake up call to the FIA."

Abram: "Unlike those fools that failed, I can show how serious we really are. Rasmus gets what he deserves, even though he bit the dust. Sabrina got too aggressive that made her land in jail."

16242659603_309c2996a6_c.jpg

Anton: "But we do have two new drivers, right? Some French goody-two-shoes and a a chief engineer from Lexus who volunteered to help us."

Kaz: "That's right. I shall brief them in an hour. Anyway, you did an excellent job, Abram. You are of great help."

Abram: "Please spare me from any praise. Let us focus on our goal instead. We cannot afford any distractions."

Time: 6 pm

In a large, historic building but with modern interior design, houses the authority for all racing organizations - FIA.

In an office at an upper floor, someone is about to get his coat after a hard day of work. He is about to go home. But he is stopped suddenly by his young female secretary about to deliver an alarming news.

Secretary: "Sir Shaw McCarthy, I received this news an hour ago."

It turns out that Sir Shaw has been granted to return as an executive after his repentance and his recent show of good deeds. Now it seems that the peaceful days in FIA are about to end, as he reads the report.

Sir Shaw: "So... a futuristic, and unapproved race car managed to win that race in the Nurburgring, eh? How did it manage to enter? And not just one race, but the other ones in previous weeks."

Secretary: "According to the sender, they saw nothing wrong in its specifications..."

Sir Shaw: "They just overlooked on something. If they believe everything is in order, then why that car set an unbelievable amount of gap from its competition? Clearly something big is going on within that team."

Secretary: "The racing team who sent the car in question is named Vision Gran Turismo. They did come out of nowhere and just sent out that futuristic Mercedes racing car."

Sir Shaw: "Hmmmmm.... Call on the Dream Alliance headquarters tomorrow, first thing in the morning. I want to hear from them, and see if they have knowledge on this matter."

Secretary: "Understood."

Sir Shaw: "That's it for now. You can go home."

The secretary then leaves and closes the door. Sir Shaw turns back and gazes at the sunset by the large window. The other employees are about to head home, but he sinks first into thoughts before he could do so.

Sir Shaw: "I may have done some shenanigans in the past. But that was out of anger and dominance. Now, I shall use this power that was once taken away from me, to reach out to all racing teams around the world, and make them prepare for this upcoming phenomenon, if such thing is bound to happen.

Vision Gran Turismo... quite an ambitious name.

If only I still have my driving skills, to help them out even more. I'm out of my league for so long..."

End of Page 3

Page 4: Dexter's Research

Time: 8 am

Nigel has left the home for his work, and it is to start early. Nina has just got out of Hibernate Mode and prepares breakfast for Dexter.

The scientist descends through the staircase and greets Nina.

Dexter: "Good morning, Nina. Once again, thank you for making an effort to make me breakfast."

Nina: "You're very welcome. I am hereby to serve you."

Dexter: "No... no... no... You have the free will, woman. You do not have to do this for me. But Nigel and I appreciate your company. We will surely miss you."

Nina: "One must extend gratitude to the person who did good things to you, am I right? This is my way."

Dexter: "If you believe so."

He starts to eat his meal, and slurp his coffee. And after wiping his mouth with a napkin, he turns to look at the female android just standing by. It's as if something just came in to his mind...

Dexter: "Oh, can you drive your car for some laps around a racetrack nearby here? Nurburgring is busy at the moment. At least I could catch a glimpse of your skills before I'll set you to go home."

Nina:
"Understood. Objective of the day set in the Task Panel."

Dexter:
"Let us leave by 9."

Nina: "Schedule confirmed."

Time: 9:30 am

As scheduled, Nina and Dexter head over to a racetrack in nearby Ahrweiler. Upon entering, Nina asks a question...

Nina: "How fast must I go, sir?"

Dexter: "Please be at your best. 100% Full Attack mode."

Nina: "Understood."

Complying with the order, Nina simply puts the pedal to the metal.

16871158382_a0f6a78183_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Dexter activates Nina's bluetooth system from his tablet. It allows him to gather her skill set.

Having built using Nobuhiko Hiramoto's driving data in the past, the android meets Dexter's expectations.

16686210259_95a6d5e899_c.jpg

She has to extract every last bit of the DP100's performance, unleashing all 800 horsepower driving the four wheels.

16871156922_15b663bb59_c.jpg

The scientist marvels at the data received by his tablet.

Dexter: "Hmph... this will do. Professor Bill Murray is indeed a madman, for creating an android like her. He must have taken my data seriously from my NH project."

16684704348_bc3154ba03_c.jpg

It turns out that Dexter has plans for her data...

Dexter: "To fight off the Vision GT Project, even Nigel has to improve. He's lagging behind his teammates right now. Her data should prove useful for his Version 2.0 upgrade."

16249961054_752756cac9_c.jpg

Dexter: "Right now, he can only adapt at driving supercars and moderately-powered racing cars. When he drove that 787B in last year's 24 Hours of Le Mans, it drained him significantly and resulted a drop in performance after that race. So, for him to drive that SLS GT3 and much faster race cars, he needs to have better reflexes, coordination, and more complicated algorithms."

Time: 7 pm

Hiroyuki orders every driver to attend a short meeting, after having a talk with Sir Shaw at morning about the incident at Nurburgring GP.

Hiroyuki: "It now seems that Kazunori has taken his game to the next level. To think one of his cars won the race at the Nurburgring without even the marshals noticing its true specifications. They were deceived by the engine and its horsepower rating."

Takanori: "I bet he'll be ordering his drivers to wreak havoc in race tracks across the world now."

Takuma: "So, Takanori... how do you view your idol right now?"

Takanori: "I still don't know, though... I'm sure he has good motivations behind this. I can't believe that--"

Takuma: "He's evil? I don't blame you. But I'm sure he has some good left in him, despite the fact that he has disappointed his fans in his current Gran Turismo 6 game due to delays in upcoming content."

Andy: "With that, chances of seeing Alan would be a bit easier."

Hiroyuki: "Let us put our emotions aside, and ignite the flames of war if he have to succeed."

The meeting then has adjourned. Nigel is about to enter in his brand-new BMW M4. Though of course the car's orange coloring attracted his teammates' attention.

16686207019_81b3e928c2_c.jpg

Takanori: "Oooooh, a souped-up M4!"

Nigel: "Indeed it is, Takanori-san. It now makes 650 horsepower and 707 foot pounds of torque."

16872329145_dc5d17d511_c.jpg

Takuma: "That's an insane torque figure, even more than our SLS GT3."

Nigel:
"That's because it has a new pair of turbos. But of course weight has been reduced and I have taken care of the suspension and brakes too. I shall take it out for a spin at the Nordschleife tomorrow."

Takanori:
"And as a bonus, its exterior inspired by your M3 GTS."

End of Page 4

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Next page will be about the M4's Nordschleife run. If you're wondering on what the car's lap time is, have a look at its license plate. It's already a spoiler. :P

650 hp!? Jesus, you aren't kidding around when it comes to the M4. :crazy:

Also, if that license plate is anything to go by, then Nigel has truly become a man (android?) to be feared...

Plus, Nigel is heavily inspired by Tekken's Alisa Boskonovitch. The two even have the same origins - being created in the image of their creators' late children.

Does this mean Nigel can sprout chainsaws from his arms and pick fights with Chinese schoolgirls?

(Tekken references, haha.) :lol:

Page 5: Nurburgring Meister

Time: 10 am, the next day

The Kanonji trio decided to have a snack at a popular cafe within the track's premises as recommended by Takuma. Rob Hatch surprises them as he also tags along. He's got nothing to do, anyway.

Takuma: "Um... Rob? Do you understand what "Family Only Affair" means?"

Rob: "I thought we're best friends."

Takanori: "Here they go again, with the usual banter that leads to bickering."

Takuma: "That's what best friends do, silly."

Rob:
"He's right."

Yuki: "We're in line now, guys. We have to order."

After the four make their orders and have found a table to settle in, Yuki is shocked to see Anton and Abram entering the cafe as well. But the former immediately notices Yuki and approaches the four happily.

Anton: "Oh there you are!!! How's it going, Dream Alliance?"

Abram:
"Anton! You'd better not bother them. I apologize for his actions."

Rob: "No matter. A friendly banter is needed now and then."

Abram shifts to his usual cold and serious self.

Abram: "Friendly banter? Why would we befriend a group that views us as terrorists?"

Rob: "When was the last time you did something good for the world, eh? Is abducting a chief engineer a part of it? What about your illegal entry in that race the other day?"

Anton:
"Illegal entry?!? No!"

Abram: "No matter what you throw against us, we will not stop until we change the racing world as Kazunori-san intended."

Rob: "Heh... have a go at it. But we won't stop interfering you, either. And for a guy who is too serious and doesn't know a thing or two on happiness, you sure do know how to talk about success."

Even Anton is surprised that the MI6 agent knows his brother's personality. Abram obviously takes it as an offense.

Abram: "You have no right to talk about my background, you wannabe heroes. I'll put you into your place."

Tension has risen, as Rob stands up and gets close to Abram.

Rob: "How adorable. Can you?"

Abram: "I am a man of my word ever since I was a kid. I never fail, especially when it regards to my family."

Rob: "You just try too hard to impress everyone in this cafe."

Abram is about to punch Rob, as he cannot take any more of his tirades. Naturally, Rob's expertise in hand-to-hand combat allows him to catch Abram's right arm, and is about to break his wrist.

Rob: "You think punching me will make you look like a hero here? I thought you are a skilled racer? Look, there is a long line, and you have to queue up again. I like a good fight myself, but I choose them properly."

Abram: "All right, fine. I will race one of you in the Nurburgring, and both circuit layouts must be combined. The longer, the better."

Rob: "You just got yourself a deal."

Rob lets go of Abram's wrist. The Russian brothers leave the cafe instead, to avoid further suspicion from the public.

Takuma: "So that's Anton's big brother, huh?"

Rob: "As an MI6 agent, and I already have a dossier of him even before Hiroyuki-san assembled us here."

Takanori:
"Whoa... we've got a badass here! Nice way of handling the situation."

Rob: "Reading his dossier and having acquired some information from his closest friends, I've got to say I pity him."

Takuma: "Pity?"

Rob: "He runs a successful family business, but behind that success lies a lonely heart yearning for love. His close friends and relatives can testify for that."

Yuki: "That explains his serious face."

Takuma: "Anyway, that car Abram just got into... isn't that the one we saw in Tokyo back then?"

Rob: "There's no mistaking it."

Takanori: "But who will race in our side?"

Rob: "Not me, nor Takuma. But...

....it's Nigel's turn to shine. If it weren't for him, I couldn't have set that lap time."

Time: 2 pm

Nigel starts testing of his newly-tuned BMW M4. With 650 horsepower on tap, it will surely provide a challenge on the Green Hell.

16258098844_6b4260da98_c.jpg

Though of course, he is yet to be briefed with his upcoming race.

Various car reviewers noted of the M4's nose-heavy handling, which Nigel obviously knows. So he counters that issue with left-foot braking as part of weight transfer.

16673143017_f08cc0a504_c.jpg

He tackles the Aremberg corner by letting off the throttle mid-corner to initiate another weight transfer, to tuck the car inside.

16854579456_dbcffa78d2_c.jpg

Nigel: "Addressing understeer issue."

16673141767_1cf2c7b7da_c.jpg

At the short high speed section, the M4 gains ground thanks to its high power and torque.

Nigel: "Shift speed recorded at 100 milliseconds. M-DCT gearbox functioning at 100%."

16880464485_3b6f61fcf0_c.jpg

Then tackling the Karrusell hairpin...

Nigel: "Throttle input at 50%. Maintain speed of 95 kilometers per hour."

16879290582_cc1715a5f8_c.jpg

And upon exiting, the android gradually returns his throttle input at its fullest, resulting into a controlled wheelspin and a rocket-like acceleration.

16260471193_cdcd24c0ee_c.jpg

Preparing for the long straight, Nigel is on full-attack.

16879460831_07b9ce31a1_c.jpg

16258093624_d8e230b8ef_c.jpg

The M4 clocked in at 330 kilometers per hour, which is the result of the volcanic 707 foot pounds of torque the engine delivers.

Nigel has changed the brakes as well, and those are the spare ones that are for his M3 GT2 demo car. They performed excellently as the car reaches the end of the high speed cruise.

16879459731_a8482217e7_c.jpg

Knowing that he will be upgraded soon, he recorded every single data acquired during the entire time attack.

Nigel: "Lap time recorded - 6 minutes and 53.174 seconds. Data recorded to be sent at database for the update process. Session ended. Switching back to Normal Mode."

End of Page 5

Page 6: Spreading The Message

Time: 8 am, two days later

Weekend has once again arrived, and Owen is alone at the recently finished gym within the team's headquarters. As an athlete, he needs to be in top physical form.

He is performing ab crunches with a weight, and he's sweating in a rather air conditioned gym thanks to the intensity of the workout.

Then he stands up to take a break, and grabs his cold bottle of water to refresh himself. He turns on the television, which then shows first a sports news channel.

And then, a racing news appears...

"A futuristic racing car bewilders every audience and even its competition in recent racing events around Europe."

16706217978_cf6569ede1_c.jpg

"The car in question, a one-off racing concept made by Mercedes-Benz, is just among the cars that will soon be unleashed in race circuits around the world, according to Abram Volkov, the driver and spokesperson of the racing team dubbed the Vision Gran Turismo."

16892862941_7f729dc5e4_c.jpg

"The Russian race car driver added that they are representing the future of racing, and that he openly challenges the FIA and its surrounding organizations, as well as questioning the increasingly restrictive racing regulations as of late. The Vision Gran Turismo project aims to change all of that, and intends to bring back what must be the glory days of racing."

16893862015_fb39790f99_c.jpg

"Volkov refused to provide further information, but leaves the press by stating that more surprises are in store, and that every one in the racing world must prepare themselves."

16271477114_e8644194b9_c.jpg

Owen then runs off to tell everyone, but turns out the rest are also watching the news at the living room.

Rob: "Sweaty, aren't we?"

Owen: "Thought I must inform everyone."

Andy: "Too late. And... that Russian guy put up a magnificent speech."

Rob: "He has to. It's his job to cover up his lonely outlook in life by pretending he'll be confident in his conquest."

Maria: "How do you managed to know so much from Abram?"

Rob: "I'm just doing my job. Anyways, to put it simply, he's a man who is always by-the-book and too straightforward."

Takanori: "So that means right now Kazunori-san has truly started his ambition. There's no turning back for him and for us as well. The game begins."

Takuma: "And it's the question on who wins this game."

Having eavesdropped their conversation, Hiroyuki comes out from the kitchen holding a cup of coffee.

Hiroyuki: "Of course we have to be the winners. And we shall start by taking down Abram. I informed Dexter about the race, and he is preparing Nigel's system upgrade. Though we have yet to inform that android. He's preoccupied with his teaching.

But anyway, we have been invited to an FIA WEC race in Spa next week."

Nobuyuki: "Oyaji, shouldn't we really be focusing on Kaz?"

Hiroyuki: "If we keep on winning those races, then we are also sending a message to Kaz on who's the real boss. We are showing how committed we really are, and how we go through those obstacles.

Based on Abram's statement, I can tell that Kaz wants to avoid those obstacles. In life, we cannot avoid them, and so we must be strong enough to pass through them. Think of those regulations as our hurdles, and we must come up with ways on how to get through them. Our skills and teamwork...

...are our trump cards we can use against the Vision Gran Turismo Project. True skill lies within ourselves, and not in the cars.

Now, follow me to the garage, please."

They all head to the garage, and they are greeted by this racer...

16273854683_873b25d298_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "I personally worked on this car, and the great news is that Toyota has allowed me to keep it."

Maria: "Looks awesome! Though it is an example of function over form. Those lines tell us that it's a car made to tear up the race track."

Hiroyuki gives a moment to allow everyone to inspect the car while just watching. Nobuhiko approaches him, as if to ask something.

Nobuhiko: "Oyaji, what happened to my FT-1? Aren't you supposed to upgrade it?"

Hiroyuki: "Nobuhiko, there is a right time for you to savor it. It's still in Japan, and its fine-tuning is about to be over."

Nobuhiko: "I'm just concerned, though I would understand because of all our work and needed efforts to succeed in our conquest."

Hiroyuki: "That TS030 Hybrid shall give you a hint on how your FT-1 would perform in its upgraded state.

Why don't you drive it in the upcoming race? You're as anxious as ever."

End of Page 6

Page 7: Nigel Breakdown

Time: 3 pm, a week later

The Dream Alliance is ahead of the other teams, and takes the opportunity for every one to take a spin on Toyota's hybrid LMP racer, the TS030 Hybrid tuned personally by Hiroyuki.

After Maria's turn, Nigel volunteers to test the car next.

Maria: "Whew! Hey this car is a rocket ship! And the hybrid system whining adds to the charm."

Hiroyuki: "The supercapacitor still whines, huh? Hmmmm.... maybe I still need to work on that."

Nigel: "I shall perform testing. I will get in."

The android willingly enters the car. And after the warm-up lap, Nigel increases his pace.

16713983039_2f7eb6dd45_c.jpg

The TS030 tackles the Eau Rouge corner, flat-out at 240 kilometers per hour.

16277757584_bb93ab3bd2_c.jpg

16712488958_425f12ba45_c.jpg

The hybrid system charges fully upon hard braking, and then allows the car to accelerate briefly as fast as a Group C race car at the step of the accelerator.

The team make comments as they see the car back at the main straight.

Takuma: "Nigel seems to be in pretty good shape."

16899128601_3f1eaeb22c_c.jpg

However, it pulled over at the emergency bay at the first hairpin...

16874237526_9e1e45d96a_c.jpg

Takanori: "Or not... hey, what's happening to him?"

Nigel opens up the communication, he looks seemingly fine in the cockpit.

Nigel: "I apologize, as my body cannot take the G-Forces this car. Switching to Safe Mode. Decrease in functions detected."

Takuma: "All right, all right. Please head back to the pit lane."

Nigel complies, though he only cruises the car back to the pit stop. The android immediately sits down after he unloads from the car.

Nigel: "My battery charge is okay, but my internal functions have decreased in performance. My motion springs in every joint of my body that support my parts simply cannot handle the excessive amount of G Forces. I need a major update for me drive a racing car such as that. I suffered the same problem when I drove the Mazda 787B in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I must apologize."

Takuma: "We understand. You just need to rest up, okay? Even a machine needs it. You can watch the race later if you wish."

Hours later, the FIA WEC race has began. The field is composed of high-powered Le Mans Prototypes and even some Group C racing cars have joined the competition.

Nobuhiko Hiramoto volunteers to take the helm, as he wants a hint of what happened to his FT-1...

16277752784_f6d6735ae3_c.jpg

16712484178_9bac55739a_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "There's no denying what a hybrid system can work wonders on a car. I can even out-accelerate that Bentley which has a lot more power. The electric motor provides instant thrust, as if a lightning bolt has struck on to the engine and provided waves of power!"

He now aims at the lead car, a Toyota Minolta 88C-V...

16712709770_f63b6e66f0_c.jpg

The TS030 clearly demonstrates how racing technology has advanced so much in the span of 2 decades.

But knowing how fast the 88C-V is, Nobuhiko issues a challenge using his signature tactic.

16712482558_4bf7318cb7_c.jpg

Meanwhile, back at the pit lane, Nigel returns to his seat, feeling disappointed after what happened to him. Once again, Takuma approaches him, in an attempt to boost the android's morale.

Nigel: "The end result is unsatisfactory for me, Takuma-san."

Takuma: "Do not be discouraged, Nigel. It's also normal for a human being to experience loss. No one lives a perfect life."

Nigel: "I guess I really should go through with the upgrade. But my father is still working on it."

Takuma: "It takes time, I know. But whatever happens, we will always be here for you. We're more than just teammates, Nigel.

We're brothers. Brothers-in-arms, in fact. Dream Alliance is a big family. Your second family. We always look out for each other, and encourage ourselves to succeed no matter what the odds are."

Everyone in the team cheers as they see Nobuhiko take the lead and pass by the main straight.

16898897502_92ea4b5c3a_c.jpg

Takuma: "See that cheering? That's what I'm talking about before. That's how we boost morale, that's how we encourage others to succeed."

16277747694_1b834bc51c_c.jpg

Then Takuma shows a big smile, and then pats on Nigel's shoulder.

Takuma: "You did well in your practice a while ago. In fact, you set the fastest lap among everyone in the team. Excellent job, Nigel. You make us and your father proud as always."

The android returns the gesture, by showing a delightful face, returning to his cheerful and positive disposition.

Nigel: "Thank you, Takuma-san. You have boosted my morale factor in my emotion chip. I will always cherish my moments in this team.

Rest assured, I will do my best after I get my upgrade. I will never let you down!"

End of Page 7

16280130063_d0895ca897_c.jpg

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The TS030 Hybrid will be permanent in Dream Alliance's fleet of racing cars.

I guess the Bentley's driver was such a gentleman that he felt that turning on the lights was bad for the environment, or something like that...

#justgt6aithings :lol:

Page 8: New Patch

Time: 12 am

The team arrives home from the race, tired from the trip but victorious. Nigel, on the other hand, goes straight home, and is advised to upgrade immediately if he is to win in the upcoming duel.

The drivers head to their respective quarters for them to rest up. Hiroyuki, however, is still awake and then just he is about to dress up, his phone rings. It's an unknown number, but he prompts to answer it anyway.

Hiroyuki: "Hello?"

Abram: "Is this Hiroyuki Hiramoto, the director of Dream Alliance?"

Hiroyuki: "I am. And who might you be?"

Abram: "Your challenger, Abram Volkov. And I am calling because you are taking so long."

Hiroyuki: "I must apologize for the delay. An unfortunate circumstance just happened a while ago, and that prompted us to move the duel next week. Is it alright?"

Abram: "You know, it's unprofessional of you to make someone wait for too long."

Hiroyuki: "My, my... such powerful words. Is that how the youth acts nowadays? You really need manners."

Abram: "You are not in the position to tell me what I must do."

However, Hiroyuki has changed into a serious man, now powered by his determination.

Hiroyuki: "Then you are not in the position to talk about success, either. How you deal with the elderly reflects how you deal with your parents. How pitiful, being controlled to do their bidding in the past, and your current disposition shows that. Success isn't just about how to do things efficiently. You are no different from the rude people I encountered in the past. I know everything there is about you, and such I'm prepared to deal with people like you.

Rest assured, we will definitely appear on the track next week, more than willing to take you down. Prepare for a surprise."

To counteract Abram's rude behavior, Hiroyuki immediately cuts off the communication.

Time: 2 pm, the next day

Everyone is just waiting for news about Nigel, and to kill off boredom, Owen, Maria and Andy head to the track.

Owen prepares his X-Bow and sets off for a run. He then starts the timer the moment he crosses the line.

16727050140_44543a76a1_c.jpg

Maria: "Sigh..."

Andy: "What? Had a fight with your boyfriend?"

Maria: "No, silly. It's just that we're all waiting for Nigel. We are supposed to race Abram this week."

Andy: "I agree that it's getting boring lately. Plus, there's no word about Alan, either."

16726795478_6f2f703781_c.jpg

Back in the practice, Owen anticipates the next corner.

16913456811_2f4bd218cc_c.jpg

But he slightly wandered off the line, and one of the X-Bow's tires landed on the grass...

16913204962_0d83fa7723_c.jpg

That resulted to a loss of control for the lightweight KTM.

But instead of getting frantic, Owen just shows a grin while countersteering.

16913455351_40d3c64694_c.jpg

He has it all under control. This just shows the extent of Owen's development.

16728280909_8e4b2fc036_c.jpg

Despite that little mistake, he clocked in at 1 minute and 58 seconds flat.

16726793318_84d2f58377_c.jpg

Andy: "Quite a showoff."

Maria: "What? So now you're viewing him as a rival?"

Andy lets out a heavy sigh.

Andy: "Yep."

Then Maria's phone is ringing, it turns out to be Hiroyuki.

Maria: "Hello?"

Hiroyuki: "I want everyone back in the headquarters. I have something important to say."

Maria: "Roger that."

Time: 3:30 pm

When every member has gathered in the meeting room, Hiroyuki heads out from the pantry, stirring his cup of coffee. He places it on top of the table, allowing it to cool it down first.

Hiroyuki: "I just got information from Dexter that he is currently upgrading Nigel. Though he has to take him apart, down to the last bolt, as he has replacement parts made of sturdier but lightweight materials. This is to address his compatibility issues when driving very fast racing cars."

Takuma: "That's good news, then."

Hiroyuki: "But, as expected, it will take the entire week for Dexter to process the upgrade. Part of it is the rigorous testing that takes days. The earliest possible time for it to be finished will be on Friday."

Maria: "So that makes sure that he will be racing our opponent on Saturday."

Hiroyuki: "Definitely.

Now, with that settled, we have another upcoming FIA WEC race, on Friday."

Rob: "If Nigel has finished his upgrade on that day, then it will be perfect."

Hiroyuki: "Perfect?"

Rob: "A perfect opportunity to test his capabilities. You know, there is a perfect car for the job in hand."

16915165695_3348ac5ab9_c.jpg

End of Page 8

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I need a volunteer for Abram's black AMG VGT RS. I am available from 6 am to 8 am tomorrow (GMT +8).

Page 9: One Lap Magic

Time: 10 am, Friday

Hiroyuki summoned everyone in the meeting room, to brief about the race that shall take place in the evening at the Nurburgring 24h Layout.

Hiroyuki: "It's time for us to meet again, and since Nigel hasn't reported yet, we have to think of a Plan B. I have the TS030 Hybrid ready."

Rob:
"Hmmmm... guess we cannot afford to wait any further. Also, if that's the case, he won't be racing Abram."

But before any suggestion can be raised, Nigel enters the room - along with Dexter - which surprises everyone. The android smiles at everyone, and his physical appearance remains the same - neon green hair along with cyan eyes.

Nigel: "Good morning, everyone!"

Ricky:
"Finished with your upgrade already? And you look exactly the same."

Maria: "True. I can't see any noticeable difference from you at all."

Nigel: "My Version 2.0 involves only in the internal processes. Though my body parts are new."

Dexter: "I took him apart and replaced the old parts with new ones that are lighter but sturdier. His body can finally take G-forces exceeding 10 G."

Takanori: "10g?!? Nigel can probably pilot a rocket with that!"

Rob: "So that means my suggestion will push through. Perfect. Nigel, we shall test how successful your upgrade is."

Nigel: "Understood. Ready for further orders."

Dexter: "Aside from that, he has new features. Among of which is Wi-Fi, but there are a lot more new racing-related features, such as Blind Spot monitoring, and Bluetooth synchronization of racing telemetry in the car, provided that there is bluetooth in the car, which the SLS GT3 has, am I right, Hiroyuki?"

Hiroyuki: "That's right. That should be useful for data gathering."

Dexter: "Racing involves data gathering nowadays, and we have to go with the flow. And Nigel can also charge his batteries through solar power."

Takuma: "I'm sure he has new features that are too many to count. What's important is that he is capable of racing in our future challenges."

Dexter: "I have thought that would happen, and so I studied Nigel's movements for a long time, gathering every data I can for the development of Patch 2.0."

Time: 7 pm

The test shall proceed. It is commendable that Dexter managed to finish Nigel's upgrade in a matter of days. Though this is the first time Nigel shall race with the new patch.

At the bleachers, Anton and Abram are watching, seeing the cars do a rolling start at the main straight.

(Background Music: Stop The Rock [Mint Royale Remix] - Apollo 440)

16922598482_af7f4f5fbb_c.jpg

Abram: "They have all the time to fool around. It's quite insulting. I will make sure that I will be the one finally stopping them cold."

16923884155_1ba6ab5a2d_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Nigel puts his new abilities to the test...

While the LMP cars have obviously more power, Nigel clearly detects the X-Bow's weight advantage and uses his logic circuits to allow him to calculate how much speed he needs to enter and exit the corners in order to compensate.

16301490034_8ff96337cc_c.jpg

Entering the dark Nordschleife, Nigel has all under control, thanks to his numerous driving sessions here, allowing him to visualize the track internally thanks to its layout saved in his memory banks.

16897953006_10b1a76783_c.jpg

A typical human driver would hesitate on a track this dark and dangerous.

16922876321_28c9bda5da_c.jpg

Coupled with the fact that Group C cars are so much powerful, they cannot unleash their full potential at the Nordschleife, which adds up to Nigel's advantage.

16303844763_c127d906bf_c.jpg

Nigel grabs the lead, surprising everyone considering that it's still the 1st lap.

Knowing that the Group C machines have way more power and speed, it's the opportunity for Nigel to perform his Blind Spot Monitoring. His body has heat sensors and small cameras which detect any approaching car.

16736199198_f93e32b590_c.jpg

Nigel: "Detecting opponent movement. Target about to move left. Commencing blocking at the target's desired line."

After that successful counter-maneuver, the gap between him and his opponent grows larger as they pass through the Karusell hairpin.

16737677609_f685b0d84b_c.jpg

And after just a couple of corners, Nigel is out of sight.

16301486464_626b986c04_c.jpg

16736196778_8a05089708_c.jpg

Nigel: "Analyzing internal processes... all functions performing at 100% capacity. No glitches detected."

With Nigel completing the 1st lap in the lead, the performance surprised everyone, including Hiroyuki.

16922872061_b3bde08415_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Such innovation provided more than satisfactory results. Dexter is truly a genius, and I must admit how technology works wonders.

But still, Nigel acts like a human as everyone else. And I don't see that as a flaw. He too, carries the team's fiery spirit with determination. He is very much aware of this team's values, and takes it into memory. He knows what's best."

Rob is also satisfied at what he witnessed.

Rob: "So... that really shows that he can drive much faster cars in the future. I say that the upgrade is a success. Overtaking everyone in a single lap is a bonus."

End of Page 9

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The final battle is already done, and shall take pictures probably by tomorrow. Plus, the Alpine VGT duels are also taken care of as well, which means the volunteers can take a long break.

- The race is the final race of the GT World Championship. I managed to set an 18-second lead from that 905, which is impressive considering how underwhelming the X-Bow's PP is, against those Group C machines.

Page 10: Just A Robot

It's time. No more factors that hold them back. The Dream Alliance shall face another Vision GT challenger, Abram Volkov.

Their opponent is more than eager to win this round. He's been fueled by Rob and Hiroyuki's tirades. He expects either one of them to battle.

But first... some conversations are needed. Rules have to be set, of course.

Abram: "Now that we are all here, and we have the entire Nurburgring for ourselves, let's prove ourselves for the duration of three laps.

Now, who shall I be battling with?"

Rob: "I'm afraid it's not me."

Abram:
"What? You just provoked me the last time we met."

Rob: "We have someone who has far better knowledge of the Nurburgring than the rest of us. And here he is."

Nigel presents himself. And of course he applies his usual courteous gesture when he meets new people. Plus, he intends to greet in his opponent's mother tongue. After all, he is capable of fluently speaking over 40 different languages.

Nigel: "Dobriy den!" (Good afternoon!)

Nigel leans his head to the right, and lays out his right hand. His head falls off but the right hand catches it and tosses it back on to his neck.

Maria: "Eeeeeeek! Oh wait..."

Ricky: "Here he goes again."

Nigel: "Menya zavut Nigel Heidelberg. Očen' prijatno." (My name is Nigel Heidelberg. Pleased to meet you.)

The android reaches out his hand to Abram, but the opponent clearly has his pride, and refuses to do so.

Abram: "Enough of foolish gestures, you are simply programmed to do so. Let us start."

The android returns to his teammates, but Abram makes an observation. He sees them encouraging the android, and what irks him more is the fact that he just saw Nigel smile again, as if encouraged.

Abram: "You clearly are a robot. You are programmed to race. And yet why are you smiling? Why do you feel encouraged? I don't get this at all. Is that how Dream Alliance supports their drivers?"

Then the two drivers get in their cars. Abram looks at Nigel's teammates watching for him.

16908865886_8e019faf2c_c.jpg

Abram: "How does a robot feel encouraged? How does a robot know the concept of morale? Because... in truth, admiration is just an illusion. It's just one thing that distracts you from understanding, and strays you from your path to success."

"3... 2... 1... GO!!!"

And they set off. The SLS' new engine clearly covers up the car's weight disadvantage.

16314747283_6ef8e04161_c.jpg

And it even takes the lead immediately. But...

Hiroyuki: "Nigel, just show 50% of your capabilities first. Even you have to observe your opponent."

Nigel: "Understood."

16727460627_6d9ed29216_c.jpg

Nigel applies the brakes and lets Abram take the lead at the first hairpin. Then he increases his pace to allow him to stick to his opponent in front, complying to Hiroyuki's order.

16933491002_a7aa99b98d_c.jpg

Back in the pit lane...

Takuma: "Hiroyuki-san, why did you order Nigel to hold back?"

Hiroyuki: "Abram thinks we are fools, then let's show them how foolish we are. Even the most foolish of fools succeed in life, in their own way."

16747353540_8ca3f9d5a0_c.jpg

Back in the race, Abram carries on, letting nothing trouble him at all, despite the fact that he's being played upon...

16933489982_c908e8fb38_c.jpg

Abram:
"You are merely a robot, and it's such a joke that Dream Alliance sent you against me. I was expecting either Rob or Takuma."

And to apply his philosophy in life, he buries the throttle, as a sign of challenge to Nigel. The android even got surprised, forcing him to increase his pace once again.

Abram: "Everything in life must be taken seriously. That's how my parents raised me. I was groomed to be their successor, even if it means sacrificing my happiness. I've got no vice, and career is only in my mind. With those, I eventually landed to where I am today - a successor to the family business, and a racing driver."

16933812581_252077b0e5_c.jpg

Abram: "Because.... FUN AND GAMES are only for kids! Get serious! I simply cannot comprehend how a tool like you know how to smile! Happiness, Friendship, and Willpower are merely illusions!"

Nigel analyzes the SLS GT3's functions through the Bluetooth Telemetry system.

Nigel: "Oil and Water temperature statuses - Normal. Turbo boost - at 2.0 bar. Tire pressure - Normal."

16908862446_f7b398eb1a_b.jpg

At the long straight, Nigel drafts behind, but still complying with Hiroyuki's first instruction, he lifts off the accelerator just as about he is to overtake Abram.

16312395494_6bd94b0130_c.jpg

Abram: "You could have just overtaken me you know? You are clearly insulting me, just as your director intended. Well then, pay the ultimate price!"

2nd lap has started, as the two cars cross the line.

16314743533_83e19c8dff_c.jpg

Maria: "Impressive. Nigel has managed to hold on."

Rob: "Mind you, he's being ordered to hold back."

Hiroyuki: "It's time to insult Abram once again. This time, we will rub it in his face. I will make him regret disrespecting me. I pity him so much, and he even reminded me of my youth."

Then Hiroyuki takes hold of the communication system.

Hiroyuki: "Nigel. There's no need for us to drag this until the 3rd lap. Show them who's the legend of the Green Hell.

Give him everything you got. You can do it! We believe in you!"

16748578009_049c93759f_c.jpg

Nigel: "Understood. Will perform new objective. Morale increased by 50%. Reflexes and skill set will be at full capacity. Switching to Full Attack mode."

And now, the cars once again enter the dangerous Nordschleife...

End of Page 10

Nigel's not any ordinary robot. :mischievous: Abram made a huge mistake in dismissing him.

Page 11: Being Human

New order received - GO ALL OUT. For Nigel, it is an order that has to be performed at full efficiency, especially that he is now being encouraged to do so. He had finally understood the concept of encouragement and boosting self-confidence. Another achievement for an android eager to understand human nature.

16320691433_c37e4db350_c.jpg

Abram: "I must be on my guard now. My opponent is making his move."

(Background Music: Bastille - Pompeii [Kat Krazy Remix])

However, the VGT seems to be unwilling, as its tires are starting to run out of grip.

16733406217_9f87214fb4_c.jpg

Nigel: "Peculiar movements observed from target."

Abram: "Damn... and just I thought I could finish this in one go. Maybe three laps is too much."

16754533849_2c21382456_c.jpg

Abram: "Why? Why are you still behind me?!? I have the skill, talent, and knowledge!"

Seeing an opening, Nigel performed his overtaking calculation - at less than a second - and then performs his attack.

Nigel: "Commencing overtake maneuver. Throttle response set at 100%."

16320690133_f4b18d2860_c.jpg

Abram: "No you don't! You're merely a tool who only performs calculations!"

Abram blocks Nigel's passing attempt. The android backs off the throttle, in order to regain control.

16914806196_828bf261d4_c.jpg

Nigel: "Opponent counterattack detected. Re-calculating values."

However, approaching the Karusell, Nigel did not perform any sort of calculation, and instead relied on his belief that he can do it, thanks to his morale boosted by his teammates.

Nigel: "Opponent understeer! Entering inner lane!"

16940745775_4bd60e6b74_c.jpg

Abram: "No!"

16939776301_a72df7bc57_c.jpg

Abram:
"I must have underestimated you, robot. But... this is still the 2nd lap! Anything can happen in the Nurburgring at the blink of an eye!"

The Russian driver is further amazed by the SLS GT3's precise movements.

Abram: "His racing line is neat! How can a heavyweight car achieve such cornering?!?"

16753050768_165358d2d2_c.jpg

With that, Abram goes frantic, and tries his best to keep up, but clearly every car has its limits.

16940743855_b9f5e986f0_c.jpg

Abram: "Failure is not an option! I have everything I need to succeed! Yet why am I failing?!? Luck is for losers!"

16940743415_32d0c2679e_c.jpg

Nigel carries on performing Hiroyuki's instruction. He simply reads the road ahead, never minding the opponent who is struggling behind.

16753049058_b5c0b5a73f_c.jpg

And bad luck strikes at Abram, as the AMG VGT RS loses traction at the corner exit. He buried the throttle too early, which is not recommended for turbocharged AMG engines that deliver volcanic amounts of torque that encourage excessive wheelspin.

Cruising at 300 kilometers per hour, Nigel reports the situation to Hiroyuki.

Nigel: "Hiroyuki-san, the opponent spun out. We did it."

Hiroyuki: "No, Nigel. YOU DID IT. Congratulate yourself."

16754529559_c15a66c92e_c.jpg

And, to Anton's surprise, only the SLS GT3 crossed the line.

Anton: "What happened to my brother?!?"

Rob: "Sorry, boy. He spun out."

Anton: "What?!?"

16318338894_d29e28bb20_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "All right. All is good, let us stop the race."

Anton: "Hey!"

Hiroyuki: "You think your brother can keep up with Nigel at this rate? At least I aim to be fair, unlike you."

Being ordered to return, Nigel complies and joins his team. He is being approached by his teammates who praise him.

Maria: "You are one hell of a robot!"

Takanori: "Great job!"

Ricky: "Abram has lost his head on that one! Whoops..."

But their celebration is cut short, as Abram arrives. The man approaches the team, and Hiroyuki intends to confront him. He is accompanied by Takuma and Rob, should an untoward incident might happen.

Abram: "You... and this team... how do you do it?"

Rob: "Do what?"

Abram: "How do you become so much feared by everyone in the world? Even that robot managed to beat me. I have everything, and poured all of my talent. But why?"

Hiroyuki: "You lack one important thing. And it's very ironic, that a mere android such as Nigel has it."

Abram: "Tell me! What do I lack?"

Hiroyuki: "Being human."

Abram: "What?!? Why have you said that?"

Hiroyuki: "You have the talent, the skill, and the knowledge indeed. But being a successful person takes more than those. You may be successful in the field of business, but you fail in life.

You lack the ambition, firepower, and most of all, love. Even your little brother is always by your side to cheer you on, yet you just ignore him.

Your talents will be entirely useless if you are not fueled by encouragement and praise by the people who look up on you. I just pity you, because I was like that when I was young. You became what you are because you look too straight. You just aim to do things perfectly, and that is just pushing yourself too hard, that you forgot being a human.

You never knew happiness because your parents denied you of it, and you even did their bidding until you took over your family business. While you consider that as a success in your part, in truth that was just a temporary bliss. You feel so empty inside in the end.

Don't you even try looking up on Kazunori? He's the man with an ambition. And that's why even though I hate him, I respect him because he has one. People with ambition are the ones that are driven to succeed in life and are willing to go through pain just to live to see the day that they achieve their glory.

That is what we are, the Dream Alliance. We are fueled by ambition and determination. We look out for each other and encourage ourselves to succeed, like a family. We have undergone so much pain, but we managed to stand up every time.

Now you see why you failed this time?"

Without a word, and clearly embarrassed, Abram just walks away, with a gloomy face. Then he just took out his wallet, and threw out his FIA License. He stops for a moment.

Abram: "I don't deserve to be a racer if I continue to live like this. And also, you can take my car. Everything I've done up to this point is all filled with mistakes. No wonder I felt nothing even when Kazunori-san accepted me into his project.

Let's go, Anton. We're going back to Russia instead. I want a clean slate."

The brothers leave the track, by just walking. The VGT car is now left behind."

Rob: "You know, we don't even need the damn car."

Hiroyuki: "Then we will surrender it to the FIA, and let them inspect, for them to have light of what's truly going on."

End of Page 11

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Next page will be the final page of this arc. Personally, I'm quite excited for the Alpine VGT arc, despite the fact that it only has 2 duels.

Page 12: Great Man

Time: 3 pm, the next day

Everything has returned to normal, it seems. But one thing is for sure, Nurburgring will enjoy a lasting moment of peace. There is no word of Anton and Abram, as they had returned to Russia to start anew.

Since it is a Sunday, and as well as Takuma's last day before he can head back to London tonight, he decides to drive Nigel's Yellowbird since he wants to quench his curiosity.

16952255231_f424ab82ef_c.jpg

Takuma: "Oooh... it's... scary fast!"

16330827314_7220301320_c.jpg

Takuma: "I am already sweating from driving this thing already! No wonder you beat my Countach over a year ago. This is bonkers, Nigel!"

Nigel: "You must pour everything you got in order to drive this car efficiently."

16745839037_fc66f613ce_c.jpg

Takuma:
"I'm hanging for my life here! Clearly, I'm driving this like how I drive my brand-new 911 GT3. And that's wrong, I guess."

16765726870_c1247473eb_c.jpg

Takuma: "Plus, this accelerates probably faster than my GT3 as well!"

Takuma applies the brakes as they approach the gentle turn before the Aremberg hairpin. But...

16330825514_b33e53dbce_c.jpg

Takuma: "Now I've done it..."

Thankfully, the Nordschleife's continuous improvements results in the reduction of serious injuries or fatalities. The sand does very well in stopping cars from hitting the barriers.

16765725900_80737314b1_c.jpg

Takuma: "Hehehehehehe.... I guess I have found another challenge, eh?"

Nigel:
"You know, I can further teach you how to drive this Yellowbird properly."

Takuma: "As much as I wanted to stay, I'm afraid I have a flight to catch tonight."

Nigel: "I see. But anyway, thanks for everything. I learned a lot from you, especially on how to believe in myself. It is not weird after all, and human beings are capable of such and do it every single day of their lives."

Takuma: "Do not mention it. You are destined for greatness after all, Nigel. Your father took care of you, and even have to upgrade you in order for you to achieve such."

Nigel: "My father does love me so much. I wonder if he loved his late son back then."

Takuma: "Definitely. The love that was abruptly ended continued on to you. He never treated you like a mere tool. He sees you as if his son has returned. And with that, he takes it upon himself that the second chance he was granted upon shall be cherished."

Nigel: "Second chance... I never thought it was possible."

Takuma: "It is. And if you have it, make the most out of it. Right now, you are living with that second chance, and it is the opportunity for you to show to the world what you're capable of."

The android looks at Takuma and smiles at him.

Nigel: "Thank you. Today, I've learned something new again."

Time: 2 pm

Meanwhile, at the famous Brands Hatch circuit, a professional race is going on - with up and coming racing teams aiming to prove themselves to be worthy of the global stage.

16766985939_f17a30e923_c.jpg

Inside the heavily-modified Ferrari F430, Dennis Hatch is pouring every bit of his concentration from the very beginning, allowing him to rise up through the competition.

16330824014_81b33489d0_c.jpg

In the pit lane, Dennis' team has an optimistic air surrounding them. And the surprise visit of Rob amplifies it.

16745835717_7184fae4b4_c.jpg

With Dennis taking the win, the big brother simply shows a smile. And when he returned to the pit lane, he is greeted by Rob by surprise.

Dennis:
"Brother! When did you arrive? Never expected it."

Rob: "I told you that I pop up whenever and wherever I please."

Dennis: "It seems that my career is on a good start!"

Rob: "Good thinking, despite the fact that life isn't smooth-sailing at all."

Dennis: "I'll always keep that in mind. Hey, where's Owen?"

Rob: "He's rather busy at the moment. But he'll come to have lunch with us next Sunday."

Dennis: "And also, my victory assured me of my entry in the races in Continental Europe. Next stage will be road races that were revived by the FIA recently."

Rob: "Some sort of rallying, isn't it? I've also read about that."

Dennis: "I'm really pumped for it! I can't wait."

Rob: "Since you won, you little nitwit, I will have to treat you and mother for dinner again. I'm getting broke because of you."

THE END

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- There, another arc done with. And there will be more of VGT arcs coming, thanks to your support.

- I shall host a room at the Open Lobby tonight. Starts at 9 pm (GMT+8)

CONTRADICTING VISION

A certain religious man is sent to a crash course that he unknowingly created. He is to question his own purpose as he had done something that will cause the tides of war to change between the Vision GT Project and the Dream Alliance.

Page 1: The Return of A Legendary Marque

Time: 3 pm

A sudden traffic jam... something that surprises every motorist since it is not yet the rush hour. No movement has been detected for almost 2 hours.

Even Takuma and his family are caught into it. Frustrated, Takuma changes the radio station to BBC R2 for some news.

"Motorists in the A1 road are surely frustrated as severe traffic build up takes hours. As of this moment, the traffic is still not moving.

The reason for all this is because there is an ensuing chaos, piles of burning cars and some corpses can be found from our aerial photos we received just now. We will continue to update you for further developments. Emergency response teams are en route, according to the latest information."

Kokoro: "Oh dear... chaos?"

Takuma: "Looks like a heavy accident. Sorry, I think we need to turn back."

Little Ben: "I wonder where we'll end up this time? I want to go to that zoo."

Kokoro: "Well, I brought snacks in case you get hungry. They're at the back."

Naturally, the infant Shin is just quiet at the baby seat, looking outside.

Meanwhile, two miles away...

Cars have flipped, and are burning... corpses can be seen scattered as well.

And then... there are two men fighting. One of them is none other than Rob Hatch, having a duel with a man wielding a chainsaw.

It turns out that Ron has been chased down by an entire mafia, as one of the high-ranking members were taken in a month ago. The leader and the entire posse decided to exact their revenge.

The man that Rob fights against with, is no doubt the leader. He is the last man standing as his other men were killed. He swings his rather heavy chainsaw, but the agile Rob just evades every attack.

Another swing, and Rob manages to sidestep and kick the weapon away. Before the leader could even follow up with a punch, Rob launches him to the air with a kick, and proceeds to juggle by unleashing a string of punches.

Then to end the combo, Rob unleashes a strong, jumping roundhouse kick that sends the mafia leader to one of the burning cars, effectively ending the battle.

He straightens his jacket, and then takes off some debris.

Rob:
"Heh..."

He turns back and gets on his KTM 1190 RC8 R superbike. Upon leaving the chaos, Rob performs a wheelie and then speeds through the approaching firetrucks and ambulances.

An hour later, Rob arrives at the MI6 headquarters, even performing an Endo braking.

Upon reaching his work area, he takes off his jacket and puts him on his chair's back rest. Mark stands up and follows him all the way to Conrad's office.

Mark: "Wait... so that's the entire mafia that chased you down?"

Rob: "Affirmative."

Mark: "You have no idea how many motorists have gone mad!"

Rob: "Those buffoons started it. They chased me down and I have to fight back, of course."

Upon entering the office, Rob makes a report on what happened. While he is yet to be tasked to capture the mafia leader, the incident and the result surely made Rob gain some praise from his superior.

Conrad: "While I commend you for immediately resolving the matter, it is quite unnerving for us to cause damage, even though they are the ones who started to chase you."

Rob: "Send the bill to the mafia, if that group still exists. But I don't think we'll be doing that since I took down all of them. I should have spared one, at least that person will die in guilt with facing that large payment."

Conrad: "All right, all right. Mission Accomplished then, even though it was quite quick. I expected that to finish for another month, but I guess the wind suddenly blew to another direction."

The two agents then get out, with Mark still in awe.

Mark:
"Imagine if I was in that scene."

Rob:
"Heh... you could have been chopped into bits by that chainsaw. And I don't know why you were assigned to that mission too."

Mark:
"Hey, I found and provided you the map of the hideout a month ago!"

Rob: "Just kidding. Anyway, let's head out for a snack."

Time: 1 pm, Sunday

The week has ended quickly for Rob, and it's another time to visit his family again. Not only he tags along his pregnant wife, Jenny, but also Owen has made it for the meet.

Amelia has cooked a special lunch. When the guests arrived, they immediately start to eat.

Amelia: "Oh time flies really quick. I'm going to be a grandmother soon!"

Rob: "Willing to wait the next 7 months? Jenny is just 2 months pregnant."

Amelia: "Oh every mother and grandmother are very much willing to wait, dear."

Dennis: "How about you, Owen? Aren't you going to settle down too?"

Owen: "Maria and I are about to reach that point. For now, we're just enjoying."

Amelia: "That's good. Being a family man will eventually make you give up most of your enjoyment. That's why make the most out of your lives as a couple."

After a hearty lunch, Rob provides company to Dennis as he looks at his Ferrari F430 race car.

16776622510_9890b0c0cd_c.jpg

Dennis: "Brother... there you are."

Rob: "I've heard you're going into road racing soon. Congrats."

Dennis: "My life is finally starting to turn around for the good. Our family is happy, and then my career is on a hot streak. I hope this never ends."

Rob: "Then be on that hot streak. That's the only way."

Dennis: "Hey, even though you're going to be a father soon, please be on my side to cheer me up."

Rob: "Why getting dramatic?"

Rob simply lays his arm across Dennis shoulder.

Rob: "I always believe in you. That alone should cheer you up and be on fire. And our mother is also doing the same thing."

Then Dennis moves on to describe the tuning done to his F430.

It's the start of another week. And all are at work, including this one...

16938134836_ff6d55c783_c.jpg

It seems that a legendary marque is about to return, through the Vision GT Project.

16776386978_3992755ec3_c.jpg

Staying true to its heritage, this Alpine racer is light and tight. Piloting the futuristic racing car is a French racer named Auguste Amadieu.

16964084615_01fc20f80c_c.jpg

However, unlike the other manufacturers, some of Alpine's engineers actually volunteered after having some talks with Kazunori.

16964083845_3fe7823f37_c.jpg

Kazunori is present at the location as well, overlooking the run. And then seeing the car return and stop in front of him, all he can show is a smile, showing his fondness for the marque.

Auguste: "Sir, this car is very excellent to drive. While its emphasis is on driving pleasure, the performance is something serious."

Kazunori: "I'm glad to hear that feedback. We can finally celebrate the return of Alpine, in a race where the brand is very well known at...

...which is road racing. And with that, we will once again capture FIA's attention. I shall announce my intentions soon enough.

Now, are you mentally prepared?"

Auguste: "Mentally prepared for what?"

Kazunori: "Because what we're about to do, might question your ethics. You must remember that the Vision GT cars do not comply with FIA regulations, and that... is a form of our rebellion.

But rest assured, it's a rebellion for a good cause. You will see the light."

End of Page 1

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Here goes Rob again. I simply cannot describe what he just did. :lol:

- And Auguste's bio is now at the OP. Have some time to check it.

Back