Takuma Gaiden II: Road to America (Pt. 2) - Page 31: LFA's Song

• Thread starter RCKakashi14
  • 1,053 comments
And that is why an FF LMP car has been a complete joke this year.

It also could be the lack of testing behind such concept, but that works too. And hopefully next year we can avoid speaking about a FF LMP car once and for all as well, since it seems to be an incredibly unpopular concept...

It also could be the lack of testing behind such concept, but that works too. And hopefully next year we can avoid speaking about a FF LMP car once and for all as well, since it seems to be an incredibly unpopular concept...

If it had been RWD, then I would've cut them a bit of slack, but I will never forgive the fact they went front wheel drive. The engineering is just too complex to make it work.

If it had been RWD, then I would've cut them a bit of slack, but I will never forgive the fact they went front wheel drive. The engineering is just too complex to make it work.

Of course, I am not disagreeing with that. Nissan probably want the medatic exposure of running a FF LMP1 car in the Le Mans, I dunno. Trying to run a concept like that with so little race testing was bound to go awry, that much I know.

I think that the last three pages were a giant complaint against the LM Nismo. But it IS that bad. The Nissan GT3 almost would have gone faster. Will compare that, the TS030, R390 and Furai tonight for personal data.

Page 10: New Challenge

Time: 12 pm, two weeks later

Sigh... well, we managed to beat the old man himself. But our battle is still far from over. With Alan now taking the helm, we cannot sit on our laurels.

And mind you, Kaz is on our side now. The tides are changing. It's never ever too late to change for good.

Two weeks later, I returned home, and then one day, Rob actually asked me to buy lunch and go to Brands Hatch. What's going on there?

I'll know when I arrive. And look...

18700229459_916a1047eb_c.jpg

Isn't that the Bentley Speed 8? I'm not walking car encyclopedia, but I came up with that name because I think Bentley returned to Le Mans with that one. I'm not sure. Better head to the pit garage.

Rob: "There's that crybaby. Why being late, Takuma? I'm already hungry."

Takuma: "I'm not late! Here... 3 pork cutlet curry rice meals, as you ordered."

Rob: "Anyway, that little Bentley there is our weapon for Le Mans."

Takuma: "That one?!"

18265750703_f77247d871_c.jpg

Rob: "Yep. Mr. Hiroyuki secured a contract with Bentley, and they do need a win."

Takuma: "So by coming to us, that means we can win for them? Oh well... That's how epic we are."

Rob: "For now though, I think it's rather slim."

Takuma: "Eh?"

Rob: "Little Owen is driving it right now, and keeps on spinning out. I'm going to have a tough time training him."

18881183662_8a09911326_c.jpg

Owen: "It keeps on biting!"

18698694940_8c76b0ae96_c.jpg

Owen: "How the bloody heck is this similar to the X-Bow, Rob?!"

Oh geez, looks like Owen is going to have a tough time driving that LMP car. Wait, is he going to represent us?!

Takuma: "Owen will drive for Le Mans?"

Rob: "It's time for him to move up. He'll never grow if keeps on driving the X-Bow. The racing world is vast, indeed."

Shoot! The car spins out! Just how much power does it have?

18889208791_c796ffb407_c.jpg

Rob: "Owen fails to realize the car has a power-to-weight ratio of 1:1..."

LMP1 cars such as that weigh at 900 kilograms, so that means... whoa!

Takuma: "You are one hell of a teacher."

18265746613_a5ca4bebbb_c.jpg

Rob just picks up the radio communication and speaks to his half-sibling.

Rob: "Do another lap. You haven't done a single lap without spinning out."

Owen: "Dammit! And I'm hungry..."

Rob: "You won't have your lunch until you come up with a clean lap. Do it all over again."

Man... that's harsh. Reminded me of Sir Ben's strict racing lessons. But I'm confident, once Rob turns Owen into a powerhouse, then there's no stopping the Hatch brothers.

I'm pretty sure Dennis had undergone the same thing.

I foresee tougher challenges ahead. It's not going to be just the FIA WEC and Le Mans. I'm sure the Vision GT Project will come up with more ruthless strategies in its book.

That means, it's more fun. Though I think Hiroyuki-san has the driver list taken care of, so I might actually not be doing any sort of racing at all.

Time: 1 pm

Meanwhile, the Circuit de la Sarthe is being used for a one-day testing session for the teams participating in FIA WEC. With that being known to the public, enthusiasts and fans alike gather to spectate.

One particular car catches their attention, as its blazing speed is said to be unmatched even by the others in its own class. The way the car speeds about, is much different from the others, according to some audiences.

18263848824_c0ec611a22_c.jpg

18263847764_5aa859830f_c.jpg

The Peugeot 908 HDi FAP, a diesel-powered Le Mans Prototype representing a privateer French team. Diesel engines have proven their mettle in recent Le Mans history. Their incredible torque figure and fuel efficiency are its greatest weapons.

18886374255_7be4ea7d78_c.jpg

The LMP1 car tops out at 350 km/h even before hitting the first chicane, something that matches the Group C prototypes.

18265742763_80436df69e_c.jpg

It seems that Dream Alliance will come across a worthy adversary. They are in for a rough and exciting season.

THE END

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Oh Rob... you're truly fit to be an instructor. :lol:

- And the winner for my little contest about the next arc's title:

Fierté, Vitesse et Visions

@Niku Driver HC

logo19131.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FIERTE, VITESSE ET VISIONS

Even after Kazunori's defeat, the Vision Gran Turismo Project has found a new benefactor, under the management of none other than Alan Long. The Dream Alliance's war takes to another level.

Meanwhile, a rising star in racing makes his name known all over Europe, raising the eyebrows of even the most decorated of all racers. He, too, will be drawn to the tides of war.

All the pieces head to the new battleground - the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Which one shall prevail?

Page 1: France's Trump Card

Time: 3 pm, two weeks later

Rob has entered in the headquarters, in his usual executive attire. One problem though, he has debris all over his blazer, but he brushes them off like nothing has ever happened. He has to look presentable if he is to report from his mission, even if that was a dangerous task. Some of the other employees and agents take notice of his arrival, but they are used to his air of coolness.

For one final touch, he re-aligns his necktie. He gets inside his superior's room, all looking neat.

Conrad: "On the dot. As expected from you, Agent Hatch."

Rob: "Here."

Rob takes out a flash drive from his pocket, and it may seem that the task of acquiring data was a back-breaking effort... well, bone-breaking if to be specific.

Conrad: "You went through the explosions and rubble all for this cheeky little device."

Rob: "And some men, of course. Had a nice workout with them. Still, all the classified data stolen from one of our headquarters is worth beating up for. Just to make things easier for you, the rogue agent is already in custody. He's in the interrogation room if you wish to speak to him."

Conrad: "That was quick. But I gotta commend you for that. However, aren't you supposed to tackle the Vision Gran Turismo Project? Did Kazunori Yamauchi provide assistance as he promised?

Rob: "He had sent me e-mails regarding everything he knows. Right now, I'm preparing my team for the upcoming 24 Hours of Le Mans in a few months. Obviously, we'd encounter Alan."

Conrad:
"That Alan kid. You must act on him before he gets on our nerves."

Rob: "No problem. We are already on his nerves. It's gonna be fun."

Conrad: "Your mission is top priority. Fun can lead to compromise."

Rob: "Worry nothing. Because I've got everything covered. I think the rogue agent cannot wait to see you, sir. I'll be taking my leave."

With permission, Rob heads out and returns to his desk. He stretches his arms and crackle his fists. He then twists his neck, just to get back in his usual top form after that mission. As usual, his colleague Mark strikes a chat.

Mark: "Hey, you still have the debris on the left shoulder."

Rob:
"I'm going home after this, anyway. I'll have this dry cleaned on the way."

Mark: "So, any plans for the weekend?"

Rob: "Training my beloved half-brother. And that's it."

Mark: "Another race? I'm jealous as to how you can focus on two things, racing and MI6."

Rob: "Just have an open mind, and set priorities. That's all."

Mark: "Aren't you going to be a father soon? That makes it three."

Rob: "Priorities, Mark. Priorities."

Rob takes off his blazer and places it on his chair's backrest. He still has a lot to do, even if there's just two hours left before the end of work.

Time: 4 pm, Saturday

Oh hello, and it's a rainy day again. It was sunny a few days ago! That's UK for you. It cannot make up its mind as to how it will portray its mood.

Rob is once again supervising Owen's practice. It's normal to have a slow lap time, given the circumstances. Owen is still grasping the Bentley Speed 8's performance.

18924044876_25c2b5fdb4_c.jpg

Takuma: "Looks like this rain will never stop."

Rob: "Impeccable timing, actually. What if it rained on Le Mans? Owen has to be prepared."

Maria: "Times like these, sometimes I would want to go to Portugal for the weekend just to enjoy the sun."

Rob: "Lovely idea."

18327726394_f78cbf84e3_c.jpg

I'm imagining the stress Owen is going through right now. Rain, 900 horsepower, rear-wheel drive, and turbocharged. What a combo. It's something to be dreaded upon in Le Mans. You can never control the weather.

18762625178_8766c5355b_c.jpg

18924040906_bff293f893_c.jpg

Maria: "So... who will be the drivers for the FIA WEC and Le Mans? Did Hiroyuki-san come up with the list already?"

Rob: "For this time around, I did. And all he did was to approve it."

Takuma:
"Calling the shots now, huh?"

Rob:
"Not really. I have to fulfill a promise... and Owen is also part of it. That is why I'm being rough on him for now."

18953212481_d687f67f93_c.jpg

Rob: "This will make Owen grow exponentially. The KTM X-Bow would only help a little. He has to try different things."

18762595450_e115c9b675_c.jpg

A little, huh? Hey, that tiny beast slaughtered everything it encountered on its path, you know? It also brought Owen to where he is right now! You can't just dismiss it! You own one!

But for you to say that, I guess you do have a point. Driving the same car over and over can hamper one's progress indeed.

Time: 5 pm, the next day

The next day, weather became fine, at the mainland Europe that is. A Sunday Cup is being held in a small racetrack in Toulouse, France.

18944933012_fb328e577c_c.jpg

The chrome blue Peugeot RCZ makes a quick work to its competition. It's obviously modified to have an edge over the others.

18950271305_e9c88c76a7_c.jpg

Meanwhile, at one of the pit garages, a team director responsible for that RCZ watches in satisfaction. He is a middle-aged man named Stephan DuBois. However, he has guests that just arrived, and they're none other than of Nina and Adrian Hanne. The latter now has prosthetic legs, but Nina still assists him at times in walking.

Nina: "Good afternoon, Mr. Stephan DuBois. We are sorry for our tardiness."

Stephan: "Ohhhhh, you must be the new driver."

Adrian: "Yes, she decided to carry on my dreams."

Stephan: "Hehehehehehe... and you. That's a face I haven't seen in ages. Your sister has shown promise. Her skills complement with my other driver currently racing."

18327717214_904bf4aa3a_c.jpg

Adrian: "Who is he, if I may ask?"

Stephan: "You should know. He's very popular here in mainland Europe, and continues making a name for himself."

Adrian just giggles, a sign of familiarity towards that driver in question.

18762590930_eb49e2e3f9_c.jpg

Stephan: "All the racing teams in France were trying their best to get hold of his talents. But I was quite surprised that he is the one that personally came to me. I was honored, of course, and immediately recruited him. That young man has a dynamic combo... with that amazing physique, spiky blonde hair and a face that never cease to amaze women."

18924032296_23b09151be_c.jpg

Nina: "Louis Montagny. Dubbed as "The Blue Streak" in the racing circles."

18944927132_6bb33e7857_c.jpg

Adrian:
"Seeing his achievements lately, and having witnessed his skill personally, I can't help but compare him to the likes of...

...those from the Dream Alliance. His level probably matches theirs."

End of Page 1

Maria is right, the weather here in Portugal is a bit more pleasing than the "pouring rain" weather of England (sorry, English citizens, I know you are not a fan of it). However, I hope you are ready to handle near-40-degree temperatures... :crazy: :lol:

And that RCZ is lovely. How modified is it, may I ask?

Page 2: Challenging Myself

18944927132_6bb33e7857_c.jpg

Louis has scored another victory, which is always associated to him thanks to his skills. After standing on the podium and get a little trophy, he heads back to the pit garage.

He is taken by surprise after seeing Nina and Adrian, while his manager Stephan is clapping his hands.

Louis: "Who are they?"

Stephan: "Oh, that girl over there, she's going to be your teammate. We're close to entering Le Mans. Just one more driver left."

Louis looks at Nina. Then the robotic woman strikes a courteous gesture.

Nina: "Good afternoon, Mr. Montagny. My name is Nina Hanne. It's a pleasure working with you. Congratulations for your victory. Along with me is my brother, Adrian."

Louis: "Nice to meet you two. At least your presence will bring me closer to Le Mans."

Adrian: "Is Le Mans your dream?"

Louis: "Very much so. Do you know that I actually live nearby the circuit? Because of that, I hear loud racing car sounds, and those enticed me to enter the world of racing ever since I was a little boy who only used to play toy cars."

Adrian: "Quite an interesting start for you. But are you ready to sail on that big ocean always filled with waves? We have Dream Alliance to contend with."

Louis: "Dream Alliance? Such a nice-sounding name for a team. We'd come across them someday. After all, the racing world is small.

Anyhow, I want to reward myself. For the break, I shall go to United Kingdom."

Stephan: "Well, why don't we all go there?"

Louis: "Hmph. Go ahead, but I have my own side trips."

Stephan: "No need to tell me that. I know."

Time: 12 pm, Saturday

To reward themselves for the victory, they went to London on Friday. The next day, though, Louis decided to venture out on his own. In fact, he even brought his own car.

However, he is stopped by the arrival of Nina.

Louis: "Nina."

Nina: "I wish to know more about the people I work with. Do you mind?"

Louis: "Not at all. As long as you don't complain to wherever I wish to go."

Nina: "Do not worry. I won't be a hindrance in your endeavor today."

Louis: "Okay then. But first, let us buy some water and a map."

Nina: "Understood."

The pair head to a convenience store, but as they enter, Louis accidentally bumps into Rob who is hurriedly heading out from the store.

Louis: "Sorry."

Louis takes a moment to stand and look at Rob walking briskly.

Louis: "I felt something from that man. It's strange to say it, but I felt a monstrous amount of energy coming from him!"

Without minding much on that, the pair bought what they needed and headed back to the hotel's parking lot.

Exiting from the hotel's parking lot is Louis' red Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. It may look pedestrian, but in truth the car is one of the rarest of its kind today.

18824821649_0cb93b6861_c.jpg

Louis takes out a map, but Nina gently takes it.

Nina: "Please concentrate on driving. Just tell me the destination and I shall guide you."

Louis: "I do this when I travel alone. But I cannot say no to wonderful lady like you. All right, I want to go to Brands Hatch."

Nina: "It's located in Kent, about 1 hour and 30 minutes away. There is an open track day being held today. Plus with this sunny weather, it is perfect."

Louis: "I see. Brands Hatch it is."

19014094211_bf6a3a2f76_c.jpg

Nina: "Do you go to racetracks around Europe? It would seem peculiar that a tourist would immediately go to a race track."

Louis: "That's always what I have in mind whenever I travel."

After Nina acting like a GPS, they manage to arrive in Brands Hatch. The entrance was easy thanks to the track being open to the public.

19014092561_1aa005f80a_c.jpg

Despite its age, the rare Peugeot hatchback shows its rallying credentials thanks to its four-wheel drive layout and a lightweight frame.

Nina observes Louis' racing habits.

Nina: "Impressive overtaking ability!"

19005553582_17492634aa_c.jpg

19014089901_c7567b6a04_c.jpg

Louis: "This has over 300 horsepower, and it weighs barely more than a ton."

Nina: "Power-to-weight ratio is very important indeed."

19011038455_484d800c4f_c.jpg

Louis didn't mind any of the cars he's passing by. After all, he treats this like a real race.

Nina: "You treat it like a competition."

Louis: "I just have to. This is a race track after all, and it's a controlled environment wherein you can unleash your skills.

By the way, may I ask a question?"

Nina: "Sure."

Louis: "Any idea on who's the fastest racer here in UK? It's quite odd to hear that from me, but I aim to challenge myself every time, and see how I gauge against others."

Nina: "This is not based on opinion, but that person you're looking for happened to be an acquaintance of mine.

His name is Rob Hatch from the Dream Alliance. He could be the challenge you're seeking for."

Louis: "Hehehehehehe.... what have I said before? The racing world is small indeed. We are bound to meet Dream Alliance as I predicted.

Rob Hatch, huh? I think I will extend my stay here. After all, the FIA WEC is still a month or two away. I wish to race him, and I feel that the day I'll meet him is near."

End of Page 2

Page 3: Destined Meeting

Time: 1 pm, the next day

An overcast dominates the skies today. Precipitation is expected to last all day. But in the world of racing, it's business as usual.

A black, blade-like racing car is in the middle of testing amidst the heavy rain in Belgium.

18853563078_a29142bf36_c.jpg

Overseeing such activity is none other than Alan Long, who now pulls the strings behind the Vision Gran Turismo Project.

And of course, he has an entire racing team that shall handle all of the car's aspects. Supervising with him as a man in his 50s named Baptiste Lacoste. Bastille is a racing manager of the team bought entirely by Alan.

Alan: "Looking perfect so far, Bastille. You claimed yourself you haven't handled cars like these before, but your crew is showing promise."

Baptiste: "It may look futuristic, but the fundamentals are familiar to us at all. So we found it easy."

18418707494_32f5e5b217_c.jpg

Alan: "Of course, we have to make the clientele earn a very satisfying experience from my cars. I have to make sure that all complicated matters are easy for them to understand.

Now, how about your drivers? Are they ready for next month's FIA WEC?"

Baptiste: "Clement Villain is very much in top form. And my other driver as well. You mentioned to me that you'll be driving?"

Alan: "Yes. That's because we are bound to face Dream Alliance. They'll surely meddle with our affairs."

Baptiste: "I, too, have a motive in the championship as well."

Alan: "Which is?"

Baptiste: "To make Louis Montagny regret his betrayal of this team. He's far too self-righteous for his own good."

18853507200_42435a06fc_c.jpg

Alan: "You have admitted that he has such an amazing talent."

Baptiste: "Indeed. I could have guided him more accordingly. He could have a much better future if he stayed. Anyway, let us not talk about that. We go to the car."

18420568093_42ddedfce9_c.jpg

Alan: "Ah yes. The car was designed in mind to counteract Le Mans Prototypes. You see, those cars are very much unstable in the end. The Peugeot VGT's body already produces downforce without the need of wings and canards. Because of that, drag is also reduced."

18418704864_75bdbe2d6c_c.jpg

Baptiste: "And you said it's four-wheel drive."

Alan: "That's right. But in regards to that, you might think FIA will prevent us from entering. However, I had already taken care of that. After all...

...money can talk much better than humans do."

19014992706_3d755bee38_c.jpg

Time: 3 pm, next Saturday

Since the weekend arrived rather quick, Rob decides to have a little track day fun, and tags Owen along.

Once again, he uses his father's Lotus Europa Special. Though he lets Owen to just sit and watch by the passenger seat.

With the two strapped in, they set off for the track. But Owen notices Louis' 205 passed by.

Rob: "I'll just have a brief demonstration on how lightweight cars are never easy to drive. Even the KTM X-Bow isn't. This shall provide you with utmost understanding why you're struggling with the Bentley."

19035683692_fee748c5d8_c.jpg

Owen: "That red hatchback there..."

Rob: "What?"

Owen: "Oh nothing. Just carry on."

Rob manages to close in, and that red hatchback also sparks his interest.

Rob: "A Peugeot 205. But it isn't the common garden variety."

Owen: "The way it drifts at the first hairpin, it's the side-effect of having a short wheelbase."

18853501900_2b469f9709_c.jpg

Rob: "You're doing your homework. Keep that up. What if I give chase?"

Rob steps on it, showing his intention to race.

18420563393_0eaa1ab81f_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Louis notices the upcoming Lotus behind him at the rear view mirror.

Louis: "Someone's coming."

On the back straight, the 205 Turbo 16 clearly shows its power advantage over the lighter Lotus.

Owen: "It's fast! Rally-car fast!"

19014988196_009339e22e_c.jpg

Rob: "Surely this is the first time you'll be seeing my driving in person. Commit this to your memory."

End of Page 3

Owen is about to find out that while there is only one Rob Hatch, there are a chosen few that share his talent... Including monsieur Louis.

Also, you have clearly used the French word for "Villain" for Clement's surname, didn't you? :lol:

Page 4: Powerhouse Team

Their fated duel begins, as Rob hits the throttle to signify his intention to battle. Louis, like being communicated telepathically, responds by doing the same.

He felt something coming from Rob, though...

19014988196_009339e22e_c.jpg

Louis: "This heavy feeling... this immense pressure! Why am I feeling it?"

18864981328_72ce3ae58a_c.jpg

Louis: "It's like it tells me to go all-out!"

Meanwhile, Owen revels at Rob's movements behind the wheel.

Owen: "That heel-and-toe action is lightning quick! And his steering responses have the reflexes of a cat! I've driven this car before, and it's truly amazing to see his mastery! It's just natural since this car was passed down to him, and surely he must have driven this a thousand times."

18864980228_a31cc5eed8_c.jpg

The tension rises once more, as the Lotus breathes down on the Peugeot's neck.

Louis: "To think you can keep up with something as rapid as this. Surely you must have memorized the track's lines, being a local and all."

The two drivers briefly look at each other as the two cars go side-by-side. The look on Rob's face made an impression to Louis.

19052653055_337c095bf3_c.jpg

Louis: "Wait a minute... looks like I've encountered him somewhere."

However, he brushes off that curiosity as the two cars hit the main straight, prompting Louis to shift back his focus and press the accelerator down.

19055831081_c9a753af1a_c.jpg

Louis: "With that glare from your eyes, you are pushing me to race!"

The 205's power advantage overwhelms the Lotus, hence easily taking back the lead and even performing a powerslide at the first turn.

Rob: "Hmph. I gotta commend him for sliding that thing across this turn. No one has the guts to do it."

19055830191_059738b736_c.jpg

Owen: "Usually, losing control like that here leads to an accident. The first turn in Brands Hatch is tricky indeed!"

But the tables have turned, as the Louis demonstrates a hint of his true skill.

19047075992_4bbe9419d3_c.jpg

Owen: "He's pulling away!"

18866462089_c88b0dc9ee_c.jpg

However, the Lotus' weakness has brought Rob to his defeat, as it lost control at the next corner.

19052647695_3bafd633a2_c.jpg

Rob: "She's done it. Oh well, now you see why lightweight cars aren't the easiest ones to drive. This should provide you with much understanding for driving the Bentley. Even your KTM X-Bow has the same issue, despite my best setup for it."

Owen: "To think that guy pushed you to your limits."

Rob: "This car can bite, but enough of the excuses. Hmph... that guy is undoubtedly a worthy adversary, even for just a while."

19055826011_e01c6cab99_c.jpg

Louis is surprised that he doesn't see even the speck of the Lotus at the rear-view mirror.

Louis: "Something wrong with his car? Perhaps its age might have something to do with it."

Louis then returns to the pit lane to check the condition of his car's tires. A moment later, Rob and Owen also get in their pit garage. Curious, Louis opts to check out the car that chased him, and as well as meeting its driver.

The two inspect the Lotus' tires as well.

Rob: "I think the rear tires need a change."

Owen: "Seems like it."

Then Louis interrupts the two.

Louis: "Excuse me?"

Owen is then shocked upon seeing Louis, as being familiar with his face.

Owen: "You're..."

Louis: "You are a tough driver. I found it hard to shake you off."

Rob could only show a grin on his face and stands up to face his opponent.

Rob: "You don't know me... you're about to.

Let's go, Owen."

The half-siblings immediately leave, but even with Rob's cold reception, Louis shows a smile as he sees their car leaving the track.

Louis: "I think he's much more skilled. I felt that tension again when he faced me. He's quite... scary."

Little does he know, that fate just found him a worthy adversary that he shall clash with for long...

Time: 3 pm, Monday

Another week has started, and it's time for Louis and his team to practice at the track where the first round of FIA WEC is to be held.

While Stephan will arrive shortly, Adrian and Nina just watch Louis tackle the course using the car that shall represent them in the championship - the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP donning the team's signature chrome blue color.

18864971568_509d7e0095_c.jpg

Adrian: "I guess we really have to embrace the advancements of technology. Even diesel engines can perform on par with their petrol-fueled counterparts."

Nina: "The greatest merits of a diesel engine are its high torque and low fuel consumption. Audi and Peugeot has turned those into weapons for Le Mans. And those served well for them."

19047070982_6d53b7b12f_c.jpg

Adrian: "Even fuel economy counts in an endurance race nowadays. It would be ridiculous if you keep on returning the pits just to refuel."

Meanwhile, Louis is still having his thoughts regarding his first encounter with Rob Hatch.

"You don't know me... you're about to."

Louis: "That kind of intimidation... it didn't really scare me at all. And actually I felt the spirit of competition from him."

18430114274_7e57a690c0_c.jpg

Louis: "If I am bound to clash with him in the upcoming FIA WEC, then it would surely be an exciting season for me."

18864935700_097a821d26_c.jpg

Louis actually smiles despite the tension.

Louis: "He's the challenge I'm seeking for all these years. I'm looking forward to meeting him next time!"

However his train of thought has been interrupted by a call from the pit garage.

Nina: "Please return to the pit lane. Mr. DuBois has arrived, and he will introduce our third driver."

18864968058_68294a2a68_c.jpg

Louis: "Got it. Entering the pit lane."

As the 908 arrives, the pit crew run towards the car. They inspect and then change the tires as Louis heads out and takes off his helmet.

Louis: "I shall recommend using a high downforce setup here. I'll do my best to compensate at that back straight."

Nina: "Mr. DuBois is waiting for us in the room. Let's go inside."

The three make it in the airconditioned room. Refreshments are also found on the table. But the three are met with a surprise as they see the third driver in question.

Stephan: "Louis and Nina, meet your third driver for the FIA WEC and 24 Hours of Le Mans.

His name is Toru Tanaka. The youth is wild nowadays, don't you think?"

End of Page 4

Toru sure gets around doesn't he.

And god damn Rob, if you don't want to be called Deckard Shaw by Takanori again the least you could atleast stop taking his lines :lol:

If Toru can handle himself driving his 400 km/h R8, then I'm sure he can wrestle an LMP car with over a thousand foot pounds of torque. :sly:

And there won't be any explosive devices planted. :lol:

Before I can go to sleep, here's a little teaser for the next arc that shall also serve as a mystery.

18463649724_2697e6a50e_c.jpg

That's definitely Louis standing by his blue GT By Citroen.

But what is that red one doing in the photo? Plus, even his race suit is also part of the mystery.

You can post speculations, but for now that's the only sign that Louis will be the lead character for the next arc.

Page 5: The Origin of Louis

Time: 7 pm, the next day

Hiroyuki has called for an assembly for them to prepare for next month's championship...

...and as well as a hearty dinner. But of course the most important of matters have to be addressed immediately for this meeting.

Hiroyuki: "Pretty sure you are wondering as to who will represent us for the season. As per the regulations state, that three drivers must race for the duration of the championship."

Maria: "Who?"

Hiroyuki: "But first, here is the car that shall run for our team."

Hiroyuki turns on the switch that functions the light that illuminates the entire garage. Right in front of them is the green Bentley Speed 8 LMP car.

18919979939_5b77eba537_c.jpg

Takanori: "It's really low! Like the 787B!"

18918408300_0eb44ef21c_c.jpg

Rob: "Twin turbo V8 with 900 horsepower on max setup. It should more than make up for the lack of an electric motor."

Takuma: "Electric motors add weight to the car anyway. Who shall be the drivers running this?"

Hiroyuki: "Mmm-hmm.. the drivers..."

It's situations like this that tension rises, even for just the announcement.

Hiroyuki: "Rob Hatch, Takanori Kanonji, and Owen Watson."

Takanori: "Me?!?"

Takuma: "Don't complain, little shrimp. You have yet to run at Le Mans, and this is the best opportunity for you to make a comeback. Good luck."

Takuma simply pats his twin's back.

Then Takanori walks around the car, but he notices one tiny detail...

18919978339_a365a2d8da_c.jpg

Takanori: "Wait a second, why is Dennis' name on the decal?"

Rob: "Because you represent him. The driver roster was my plan all along. I have to fulfill a promise."

Takanori: "Heh. I see... All right, Deckard! I'm in!"

Hiroyuki: "Any sort of objections? None? Okay, let us eat. Dinner is served. Oh, Takuma, I wish to speak to you beforehand."

Takuma: "Understood."

Time: 4 pm, two days later

Since the first round is fast approaching, Louis insisted that practice sessions must be more often. Luckily for them, Spa is open.

However, they are greeted by a surprise guest - the fog.

Nonetheless, Louis jumps in first, much to the surprise of his teammates. He runs for a couple of laps despite the situation.

19109453371_a34b8d5aba_c.jpg

Adrian: "What is this? He's brave to face the fog! Normally, a race would be cancelled."

Nina: "That is true. However, humans have their quirks."

Stephan joins the conversation, just shrugging off their worries.

Stephan: "Louis was once a street racer that raced every road in the entire continent, you know? So a fog won't distract him at all."

The young Toru shows a face of delight upon hearing it.

Toru: "I knew it! A kindred spirit..."

Stephan: "You are right, Adrian. When a fog appears, there is a chance that a race in the circuit will be cancelled depending on how bad the visibility is. However, put that into a street racing scenario."

18918406180_524a42c320_c.jpg

Toru: "It would be business as usual. Street racers, especially the most dedicated ones, would practice every day and brush off any distractions such as weather.

As long as you have the road in your head, even the thickest of fog won't faze you at all."

Stephan: "But I've already seen this coming, hence I replaced the headlights of the car yesterday. Weather in Spa can be unpredictable. Maybe this scenario will happen in the first round, or worse, rain will join the party."

18918485268_bb258469ae_c.jpg

Stephan: "Luckily for him, his skills drew the attention of some racing teams, and he was recruited. But then he left his first team for unknown reasons and then just one day, he popped up and expressed his intention to join my team. I didn't let that opportunity pass, seeing that his godly skills will help this team rise up the ranks."

18918484518_fbb84d5b1a_c.jpg

Stephan: "However, he didn't elaborate his beginnings further. Louis can be silent at times. But who am I to force him?"

18485454773_930f5893ed_c.jpg

Toru: "Although, how can he stack up against the Dream Alliance? We will definitely run across with them."

Nina: "Toru-san, monsieur Louis has a driving error percentage of just 1.5 percent. A typical race car driver would have much higher."

Adrian: "Hmph. In short, he will give Dream Alliance a very hard time."

19079934236_a78079b965_c.jpg

Stephan: "This year will be exciting for all of us. Louis Montagny will clash against the brightest stars of racing.

I'd hate to break this, but Dream Alliance's chances of winning are nil, solely because of him."

Even the diesel engine makes its battle cry heard all over Spa. Everything is now set in motion.

Can Stephan's statement hold water? Just how true that claim can be?

End of Page 5

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Louis' background will be explored further in the next arc, and his street racing activities. He is still active on Europe's street racing so far.

Back