Takuma Gaiden II: Road to America (Pt. 2) - Page 31: LFA's Song

• Thread starter RCKakashi14
  • 1,053 comments
Page 7 - The Origin

Time: 10 am, Saturday

We are all here... well, except for Owen. Stuck in traffic? And it seems to be an invitation-only event, with those rich snooty drivers in their supercars.

What is that Mahler guy want to prove? Don't tell me he's another case of Alfredo Agostini-itis. If he's bent on humiliating Owen here, then Owen should not lose - that money cannot buy class and skill.

Takuma: "Owen is taking long."

Rob: "We Brits arrive in style."

Takuma: "Explain that, cue ball."

Rob: "It doesn't take an explanation. Look."

Owen arrives last, and everyone looks at that pearl white 650S. He steps out of the car, wearing a business suit, taking off his sunglasses.

Rob: "Dressed for the occasion, huh?"

Owen: "Sorry, I just have to prepare. And no amount of fancy clothing can cover up one's rotting insides, am I right? Mr. Mahler?"

Mahler: "Let's begin then. Everyone is itching to run."

Rob: "Owen, I'll talk to you for a moment.

I've seen you run with my car for the past few days. I applaud you for taming it. Now, make him assume that you are just a barista.

Then surprise everyone. Remember, this is your final test. You've come this far."

All righty, then. Owen enters the race. Will he pass this "final test"?

15396767323_547e34b1c1_c.jpg

16015700132_f2202bd42a_c.jpg

Mahler: "You are right, no amount of fancy clothing can cover up the rotten insides. You think you stand above me? You're born as a commoner... then you'll die as a commoner."

15828988698_53baba11a7_c.jpg

Owen: "Hi there, Mahler. Let's see who's rotten."

He steps on the brakes, for the purpose of masking his abilities.

15830652937_e451f1d845_c.jpg

15828988408_ccb010f152_c.jpg

Mahler: "You're already behind me? How?!? That shouldn't be!"

16014434191_da0cfc9a6b_c.jpg

Owen: "I'm just a barista, huh? You'll see what a barista can do."

15394137324_2776148d3a_c.jpg

Owen proceeds to his plan. When is he going to attack?

Ricky: "I guess it's right to have him in our team after all."

Takuma: "We can no longer doubt. This is already clear as water."

16014433831_48fa9fcded_c.jpg

Mahler:
"How could this be?!? A barista who just got lucky... is now running the same pace as I do!"

15394136774_07827a9cd0_c.jpg

Owen pulls up another prank by braking once again.

Mahler: "Stop playing! You are clearly not aware how touring car races go!"

15394136524_01a0c4f107_c.jpg

Owen: "Coffee is normally a bitter drink. Here's a taste."

15830360509_46b66c09ca_c.jpg

Owen now proceeds to perform his surprise. He goes on full attack mode, sparing no moment of hesitation.

And it surprised everyone when he overtakes Mahler on the first corner, even Rob.

15394135974_e4dc7769ec_c.jpg

Rob: "Brilliant. Only a few would dare to overtake in the first corner."

15830651047_b1cb09eae7_c.jpg

Owen: "Toodaloo...."

15394135714_67dbc5a7b4_c.jpg

Mahler: "He's gone again.... impossible."

16015697362_23872ee1d5_c.jpg

Owen: "Never mess with a barista. You just don't know how they can leave a bitter aftertaste."

16016390775_119b0ce178_c.jpg

After the race, Owen returns and then hands over the key fob to Rob. And if Rob's unique mannerism is having a smoke, then as for Owen...

...he simply wears his sunglasses.

Owen: "Thank you for everything."

Rob: "Welcome to our team."

When Mahler arrived... heh... he inspects the Rob's McLaren. Rob would approach him...

Rob: "Are you daft? You'll find nothing of interest. A "rotten" man like you must not lay a finger on my car.

He belongs to us, the Dream Alliance. And I'm sure you've heard of our exploits."

Upon hearing it, Mahler shows a face of shock.

Mahler: "Dream Alliance?"

Rob: "That's right. He's a racer of Dream Alliance. He's not just a barista. He has dreams, unlike you who is a fatalist."

And on that bombshell.... it's time to go. I'm sure Owen is feeling utopia right now. From now on, we will make your dream come true. Our dreams have made an alliance, and together, we will fulfill all of them!

Time: 5 pm

Mrs. Cambridge looks with delight as the children play around the garden. With that assured, she once again looks at the framed photo of Owen after wiping some dirt off.

Elizabeth: "I hope, with the path you've chosen, you'll never find out the truth, even though it's just steps away from you..."

22 Years Ago...

It was raining very hard, coupled with thunderclap. After she summoned the children for supper, she hears a door bell ring.

She reaches for it, and then after opening, a man holding the infant Owen greets her sight.

Elizabeth: "What can I do for you?"

And the man in question, is... Brandon Hatch.

Brandon: "I will deposit this baby here."

Elizabeth: "Why? And are you the boy's father?"

Brandon: "Yes. He was born out of spite. I caught my wife cheating on me, and this is my way of revenge. I have thought about it, but I was wrong...

...I cannot let that child be involved in such endeavor. He deserves a much better life, without me."

Elizabeth: "Where's the mother?"

Brandon: "She died after giving birth. She was a mistress. Now please don't ever, ever let him know who I am. He does not deserve a broken man."

Elizabeth: "What's the boy's name?"

Brandon: "Owen. The last name is up to you."

Brandon then passes the crying infant to Mrs. Cambridge. Brandon wipes off some tears from his eyes.

Brandon: "I must go."

Elizabeth: "May God bless you. I respect your decision. I will keep your promise."

So that means... Owen has actually gotten to know his half-brother, Rob. Fate has only brought them closer, with the two unaware of their true relationship.

END OF PART 1

PART 2

The Vocal Woman

A woman... considered to have extraordinary talent, enters in a quest to search for her missing father.

However, her search will unravel deeper facts, and these will further support her suspicions.

Will the Dream Alliance be involved?

Page 1 - Mainland Expedition

Time: 10 am, one week later

Well, we that's one new member recruited, time to move on to the next. But...

...I'm alone at the moment. Rob is at work. Hmmmmm.... time to go out.

Shall I go to Harrod's? Harrod's isn't that far off. I might as well buy ingredients for dinner. Rob did all the cooking for weeks, so I just have to return the favor as his guest.

While walking, I'm just pondering on how are we supposed to acquire another member. Rob did his part, and he now gives me the floor to do the recruitment.

How about someone from the Mainland Europe? Maybe Nigel knows someone who has the potential...

Oh shoot... someone is calling. It's Rob.

Rob: "Hello... how about we meet for lunch? I know of a nice Japanese restaurant nearby my place of work. I just want to make you feel at home."

Takuma: "Oh, okay. Great change of pace, to be honest."

Rob: "Admit it, you hate the haggis I cooked last night. Oh well, I'll make it up to you this lunch."

Takuma: "Hehehehehehehe.... it wasn't boiled properly. At the MI6 headquarters, am I right?"

Rob: "Yeah. Then I'll throw you away to the River Thames and hopefully drown to death."

Time: 12 pm

The highway's silence is quickly shattered by the high-pitch song of a supercar...

15840627048_8d4c9c226c_c.jpg

Looking at the One-77's license plate, it's clear that it's a visitor from the neighboring country of Portugal.

15840800910_e5e96de467_c.jpg

And the car speeds effortlessly through the highway, as if its owner knows every nook and cranny of it.

15841997359_1bf3eeeeaa_c.jpg

After several minutes of speeding, the car takes a break, arriving at a plaza.

15840625578_e294cd408a_c.jpg

Stepping out of the car is a curvaceous figure... a woman with a maple medium-length hair, wearing a red long-sleeved jacket along with leather driving gloves, and with a pair of black leggings and brown stilettos as her footwear.

She unzips her jacket, until her cleavage is shown, showing a black bra covering her large assets. She looks at the plaza, and heads to a restaurant.

While walking, she breathes out a sigh...

Time: 8 pm

Owen is going by his usual routine in the shop, but Alma, on the other hand, is rather gloomy, and then she broke down.

Owen: "What's wrong?"

Alma: "I can't believe this. This is your last day here!"

Owen: "Sorry, it's just that I have a career in racing now. And I have upcoming races in Mainland Europe, so I have to get out of here."

Alma: "And now... I can't even get to ride in your flashy brand new car!"

16002276296_15fb2617c1_c.jpg

16026109321_b0732b2e37_c.jpg

Owen: "Actually, I'll be racing it as well. Hey, I'll give you a ride home if it will make you feel better."

Alma: "You should! So that we can best spend our last moments together! Hmph!"

Time: 8:30 pm

Rob is just among the few employees left in the building. He is waiting for Conrad Banks to summon him, as he was told a while ago that they have something to discuss.

Conrad: "Agent Hatch, let's go to my room."

Inside Conrad's room, Conrad turns on his laptop, and while he's opening a file, he strikes a conversation...

Rob: "Is there a new assignment?"

Conrad: "Yes there is. And you're perfect for it."

Rob: "What about it?"

Conrad turns around his laptop, showing to Rob a dossier of a Portuguese man in his 50s.

Conrad: "Meet Mauricio Salvador. This has something to do with the disappearances of chief car engineers as of late. He is no engineer, but of a well-known car designer.

He disappeared after attending a design competition in Lisbon, Portugal months ago. The local police are finding it hard to locate even the slightest trace of him.

You might be wondering why are we now stepping in. This incident is now of a global scale. Car manufacturers are doing everything they can to assure the safety of their employees, and pay a lot of money just for their lost employees to return. It's not going to be a simple ransom pay out.

I chose you for this because of your knowledge of everything there is about cars, and you are involved in motorsports as well. This incident might as well be connected to Martin Banks' statements."

Rob: "Perfect. I am in a middle of recruiting new members for my racing team, and it happens that I will be heading to Mainland Europe for it. I'll start from that point."

Conrad: "A wise decision, Agent Hatch."

Rob: "Now this is something to fill the void. Time to have fun again."

End of Page 1

She's heeeeere! :crazy: The One-77 lady from Portugal finally makes her appearance, and new ties will be found. This chapter is a must read for me (that doesn't mean that the others aren't, mind you ;)), can't wait to see Portugal being represented in a GT6 fanfic...

Page 2 - Design Student

Time: 12 am

At midnight, Kazunori Yamauchi is still in his office, and while almost all of his employees have gone to their homes, he stays to resume his ongoing project. He then reaches for a telephone, and contacts someone.

Kaz: "Emil Florentino, head in my office right now."

And a minute has passed, and Emil enters. Emil is of a tall stature, standing over 6 feet tall and a rather youthful face for someone who just entered in the 30s.

Kaz: "Emil, I have a new assignment for you. It's very important..."

Emil: "What is it, sir?"

Kaz: "I have found the most likely place where the sketches are. It's in Portugal. There is one car that you should retrieve and bring it here."

Emil: "Where in Portugal?"

Kaz: "It's in Evora - in the Salvador residence, where the car is being stashed. But remember this, you are to perform this task in the cleanest of manners. Blood must not be spilled for this. We are not here to intimidate and take away others' lives. Use the least amount of force necessary.

Mauricio Salvador may be is on our hands, but he simply does not answer to my queries. Disposing of him is not an option, though... as he is a valuable asset.

We have no choice but to do our search. Start from his daughter. But she may hinder our plans as well."

Emil: "Understood, sir."

Time: 4 pm, Friday

We have arrived in Spain for the start of our races in Mainland, and as well as looking for another potential recruit.

Owen will once again demonstrate his skills, this time in a real road car race, this weekend. He's currently doing preparations.

Owen: "So where will the race be?"

Rob: "It's in Apricot Hill. You'll be surprised at what cars you'll be facing against with."

Owen: "Oh dear..."

Rob: "We are doing this recruitment because we need drivers who can participate in ROAD CAR races. We don't have drivers for that."

Owen: "I see. No wonder we didn't bring a race car here."

Rob: "There is a reason why we need Road Car drivers. And it's much deeper than what you think. It's not just to fill the void, you know?"

Owen: "Then what is it?"

Rob: "It's for you to find out. You'll learn it someday. Now, the race will be tomorrow, and you need to be in good shape."

Owen: "Right!"

Takuma: "Prepare to break bones. Because your workout routines will be tough, as if you're having a round with Thor."

Time: 12 pm, the next day

I hope that Owen feels no pain at all from the work out... but there is a saying - No Pain, No Gain.

(Background Music starts here)

16032726322_8c117935f7_c.jpg

And what an opposition! There are high-powered supercars here!

15845981678_13571ca586_c.jpg

Owen: "Are all of you thoroughbred supercars? I'm about to freak out!"

15847370069_e37e5c7f1f_c.jpg

Rob: "We need drivers in the Road Car class, and it will be a very large hurdle for our new members."

Takuma: "Yeah, I have noticed that we are racing in events that only use our racing cars."

Rob: "Racing cars may be fast, but they are getting easier to drive."

15847658257_51f48210f9_c.jpg

Owen: "Are you serious? This is a proper supercar killer!"

16033415655_237e988d25_c.jpg

Rob: "Mr. Hiroyuki wants a team filled with the drivers FASTER than our cars. A road car doesn't have the full compliment of downforce nor the stickiest of tires."

15847369569_fe2c1c6e0e_c.jpg

Takuma: "The test of true skill of the driver..."

16031462101_b9cb321358_c.jpg

16031462081_430626e343_c.jpg

Rob: "....will be tested in a regular car."

15846151680_91d9c45a27_c.jpg

Takuma: "That way, the driver will grow exponentially!"

(Music ends)

Time: 8 pm

It's dismissal time for some of the remaining classes in one of the most renowned Design schools in the world. It's filled with students from all corners of the globe, and the admission is rather strict for the school to maintain its prestigious status.

Then there are two students - a man and a woman, who seem to enjoy talking to each other upon exiting the building. The man is an American hailing from New York named Wesley while the woman is an attractive Portuguese named Maria Salvador. The two are best friends, willing to help each other out, especially in the hardest of examinations.

Wesley: "Hey, gotta admit it, that was fun. And thanks for some tips a while back."

Maria: "Yeah, that naked male model slipped at the most awkward moment."

Then they stop at the red Aston Martin One-77. Its presence alone could be considered as one of the most desired subjects in the academy...

15413770313_e48b5c1e9b_c.jpg

Maria: "Well, here's my car."

Wesley: "It's yours?!? No way! You're one rich girl."

Maria: "I can't really consider myself as totally affluent. In fact, this belongs to my father."

Wesley: "Oh. Speaking of that, have you found him already?"

Maria: "Sigh... still no leads."

Wesley: "He won the lottery or something? For him to get such astonishing car."

Maria: "Sorry, I'm not really comfortable talking the circumstances around this car and his disappearance. I strongly believe that they are connected.

I guess it's time for me to go."

Maria quickly returns to her cheerful composure, and bids goodbye upon entering the car.

Wesley: "Obrigado!"

Maria: "You're welcome! Bye!"

The red Aston Martin drives away, still attracting attention from everyone in the campus.

End of Page 2

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- She's here. Maria Salvador! Of course there will be more of her in the upcoming pages. One of which is seeking Dream Alliance. Check the OP for her background information.

- That race where the blue Evora participated? That's the current 500 PP Intermediate A-Spec Seasonal. And while Rob's KTM X-Bow R is a race car killer, the Evora will soon to grow as a SUPERCAR KILLER. Stay tuned for its growth!

Well, they inherited their father's racing style, anyway; beating thoroughbred cars using a modest car carrying the late Colin Chapman's philosophy.

Now that is how you use an Evora. Good job, Owen. 👍

Also, love how you used the name of the Lotus as the name of the Portuguese city that appears in the story. In case some didn't know, Évora is the name of a city in Portugal. Lotus didn't take from the city, but it is a nice coincidence regardless. :D

Now that is how you use an Evora. Good job, Owen. 👍

Also, love how you used the name of the Lotus as the name of the Portuguese city that appears in the story. In case some didn't know, Évora is the name of a city in Portugal. Lotus didn't take from the city, but it is a nice coincidence regardless. :D

Actually, Maria lives in Evora, since it's nearby the Spain border. She goes to Ascari Race Resort whenever she's free on weekends.

Page 3 - Seek

Time: 8:30 pm

Maria arrives home from the academy, and she's just in time for dinner. Her mother, Valentina, has just finished serving.

The home isn't really that big, but with the nature of the patriarch's work, the house would also fit his tastes. Concaves everywhere, and with purposeful lines.

Maria: "Mãe, como está a correr a tua investigação?" (Mother, how's your search?)

Valentina: "Eu estou quase pronta a desistir. Estou practicamente exausta. Tenho viajado por Portugal inteiro apenas para o encontrar." (I'm really about to give up. I'm just exhausted. For months, I have traveled all across Portugal just to look for him.)

Maria: "Não deveriamos ter esse tipo de atitude! Viajaremos pelo mundo inteiro se for preciso!" (We shouldn't have that kind of attitude! Then we'll search around the world!)

Valentina: "Não será assim tão simples. Seria muito duro e tu poderias pôr-te em risco!" (It's not going to be that simple. It would be too arduous and you might put yourself at a risk!)

Maria: "Então eu vou procurá-lo por todo o mundo. Mesmo que isso implique comprar muitos bilhetes de avião, não me interessa.

Desde o dia em que aquele Aston Martin apareceu aqui, a disposição do pai mudou repentinamente. Não reparaste que ele ficou mais nervoso? E que agora ele falta às aulas que tem de dar no resto do dia, e que ele chega a casa mais cedo do que é normal?

É o carro, algo está errado com ele. E acho que sei quem é o responsável..." (Then I'll go search for him around the world. If it would mean purchasing plenty of plane tickets, I don't care.

Ever since that Aston Martin One-77 came here, father's mood has suddenly changed. Haven't you noticed that he's gotten more nervous? And that he actually skipped on teaching the remaining classes the rest of the day, and that he comes home here earlier than usual?

It's in the car. Something is wrong with it. And there is one man... who I think is responsible.)

15856867697_3478f290d3_c.jpg

Valentina: "Quem?" (Who?)

Maria: "Kazunori Yamauchi." (Kazunori Yamauchi.)

Valentina: "Mas ele é um bom amigo do teu pai! Porque é que suspeitarias de tal pessoa?" (He's your father's good friend! Why would you suspect such a thing?)

Maria: "Achas que existe tal coisa como um "bom amigo"? Eu não..." (You think there is such thing as a True Friend? I don't think so...)

The two just started eating. Valentina has increasingly getting worried at her daughter's searching methods. Typical for a mother, of course.

After eating, Maria helped her mother wash the dishes and clean up the table. She has been taught to do housework as a sign of humility and never forgetting her roots.

With her chores finished, she heads to her room, and opens up her PC. She checks the Internet on the latest news, and she enters in an article where chief car engineers are also abducted.

She can only shake her head in disgust, thinking that this is also connected to her father's disappearance. It has turned into a global scale incident.

Then she takes some time checking the racing news. Racing cars sometimes intrigues her, to the point that she can skillfully pilot a supercar such as the Aston Martin One-77.

She finds another article, about the Dream Alliance's recruitment activities. Intrigued, she scrolls down the page.

Maria: "Dream Alliance..."

Time: 10 am, Saturday

Oh well, we have nothing to do this time. We decided to hang around the plaza, and Owen is doing some window shopping.

Why no racing activity? That's because Owen's Evora is sent back to UK for it to be modified for next week's race in Spa in Belgium.

And with the recruitment? How are we going to go about it? Maybe we can go to Ascari.... assuming that Rob is here.

Wait, WHERE IS ROB???

Owen: "Have you seen Rob?"

Takuma: "Yeah... I thought he's going to meet us at this time. I kinda heard that he wants to go to Ascari Race Resort - to look for racers."

15855353040_316792c01a_c.jpg

I wonder where did he go? He told us to regroup at 10 am at the meeting point! The two of us are here already!

15420360704_3522b5675d_c.jpg

16041926342_dbf981390c_c.jpg

We head out to the main road, to get in the van that Ricky loaned to us. And then...

15855352170_3363c10b01_c.jpg

Takuma: "There's our answer. And he's on the wrong side of the road."

Owen: "For us, that's the "correct" side of the road. Hehe..."

He gets out of his car and then... what's he holding? A canister of spray paint???

Then he vandalizes the Armco barrier. Oh great...

15856580519_6189a3f77c_c.jpg

Rob: "There... that should make those poseurs work their arses off. 4 seconds faster than my previous run."

Takuma: "Hey Rob! Done being a badass?"

Rob: "I just forgotten to make a run at the last week of the past month. I have to make up for it. Okay, let's go to Ascari."

Oh right... he has to honor his late father's routine.

We arrived at the Ascari Race Resort, and luckily, there's a track day going on.

We are seeing the action from the pit lane. Suddenly, an odd-looking supercar just passed by.

16040676511_f5c041fee3_c.jpg

Takuma: "Haven't seen that one."

Rob: "As if we know."

It turns out, Emil is testing the car, having given an additional task following the completion of the car thanks to the abducted Infiniti chief engineer's inputs.

15856866077_13f2e6bb53_c.jpg

15855187568_5399d18064_c.jpg

16042627365_96b280f416_c.jpg

Rob: "Nothing interesting here. Let's go and maybe we could eat lunch inside."

He's right... nothing interesting really happened, except with the appearance of that strange car.

It's a resort too, so I assume there is a cafe inside.

And while the three have found a table and look at the menu, Maria has gotten inside the cafe as well. She goes to Ascari whenever she has nothing to do on weekends.

She immediately recognizes Takuma, having seen one of his photos in the article she read. Taking a big gulp, she approaches the trio.

Maria: "Excuse me, are you by any chance Takuma Kanonji?"

Takuma: "I am. What do you want, miss?"

Maria: "You're from the Dream Alliance, am I right? Oh, let me introduce myself. I am Maria Salvador."

Upon hearing the name, Rob turns his attention to her.

Takuma: "The three of us here are."

Maria: "I see. I have read your ongoing recruitment activities. I am interested in joining."

Rob: "At least we can say we have accomplished something in this track. I thought we would have done nothing."

Maria: "Just let me know what I must do. I have read your accomplishments, and one of those is beating Kazunori Yamauchi in the Nurburgring 24 Hours."

Takuma: "What does Kazunori Yamauchi have to do with our recruitment? Why use him as your reference?"

Maria: "I believe I can get closer to him if I get in this team."

Rob: "What? A fangirl?"

Maria: "Oh no... definitely not. I'm not the typical girl you currently encounter. This is a serious matter. Very serious."

Rob: "I'm sure you have a background a racing, for you to seek a spot in a racing team."

Maria: "If I have to prove myself, then I'll have to."

Takuma:
"Very well then. Next week, we'll have a race in Spa circuit in Belgium. Show us your capabilities, and maybe we'll seriously consider you."

Maria: "All right then. I'll fly all the way there. And then you'll know the real reason why I'm seeking membership to your team."

Whoa... she may be attractive, but her intelligence outweighs her beauty! And I can sense determination from her, definitely.

All right, we'll give her the chance to prove herself. Plus, this might be the first time we'll have a woman in our team.

End of Page 3

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Maria's Portuguese dialogues won't just end here. Special thanks to @Niku Driver HC for the translating work.

That Infiniti sure is a looker! :eek:

You should buy one in black, it looks even more sleek... :drool:

Also, loved the fact that the Infiniti just showed up out of nowhere, much like it did in the game. The crew go to Spain, boom instant VGT! :lol:

Last edited:
Page 4 - Just Like Drawing

Time: 9 pm, Friday, a week later.

With her daughter on a trip to Belgium, Valentina is left alone. Typical for a mother, she gets worried on Maria's new venture on racing, but at the same time she is confident that she'll make it - as long as it'll make her daughter happy.

She then heads outside, to check the mail that she forgot to take inside this morning. However, little does she know that she is being observed... by Emil.

Emil catches the glimpse of the garage even though the electronic gate is closing when the mother entered. He sees nothing in it... but Maria had flew to Belgium, so where's the car?

Instead of lingering any further, Emil immediately leaves.

He stops by at a plaza, and contacts Kazunori.

15860081620_931ef6a9dd_c.jpg

Emil: "Sir, I haven't found the car."

Kazunori: "I'd expect that. Mauricio's daughter is as cunning as he is. She is proving to hinder our plans."

Emil: "Shall I take her as well?"

Kazunori: "It's not necessary. We do not resort to violence just for a large sheet of paper. Mauricio may have drawn everything here, but I still need those sketches for future use, after I return him to Portugal when the project will be successful."

Emil: "So what am I going to do next?"

Kazunori: "Keep observing the residence. And if possible, locate her latest whereabouts."

Time: 9:30 am, the next day

We have the Evora back, and it's beefed up for the competition. There is a teeny-weeny bit of a problem, though...

16046659582_756256a2a2_c.jpg

It's raining very, very hard.

Owen is having practice runs with Rob guiding him. The rain will make the test difficult for Maria. And the other teams are here as well, having more powerful supercars in their arsenal.

16021586526_4999845bf0_c.jpg

Owen: "Hope I'm not going to spin this time."

Rob: "Relax. The rainy weather makes people relax, and so should you. Don't rush things especially in under the most severe of conditions."

15425085434_3d154ec64f_c.jpg

Rob: "Gentle on the brakes now."

15425085174_97ee8557da_c.jpg

Despite the heavy modifications, the Evora manages to climb up the Eau Rouge effortlessly.

Owen: "It's surprisingly stable."

Rob: "That's because the spoiler keeps the car firm on the ground. It should help even when the road is wet."

Then at the hairpin, Owen entered a bit too fast...

Owen: "Good god!"

15859909928_00b076c736_c.jpg

Rob: "Keep on countersteering! Feather the throttle!"

15859909718_45b2ca51f9_c.jpg

And then finally, Maria has arrived. Whoa... she likes to keep her coat open, huh? Proud of your assets?

Maria: "Sorry I'm late."

Takuma: "You're actually just in time."

Maria: "So, I'm facing against supercars? And I actually like how you test your applicants."

Takuma: "That's because we need to see if they are ready for a real race. And we want to see how they handle a road car, instead of a racing car. Racing cars are far too easy to operate these days, especially for applicants who came from other teams."

Maria: "How unique."

Takuma: "I'll contact Rob first. *turns on radio communication* Rob, Maria has arrived. Return to the pit lane immediately."

16021584846_5422a64eea_c.jpg

Rob: "Roger that. After this one lap."

They return to the pit lane, with Owen looking quite exhausted. It's useless to wipe off the car, though...

16021584566_0a7ee80426_c.jpg

Maria: "That's what I'm driving? How cute - the car's name is actually the city in Portugal where I live in."

Rob once again looks at Maria upon hearing it, as if to confirm a suspicion.

Takuma: "Here's a helmet. The race will start."

She then zips up her coat, up until her cleavage.

Maria: "Must I win this one?"

Rob: "Not necessary. We judge you based on your process, not on the result. We don't believe winning by luck. Anyhow, don't be too bothered by some GoPro cameras in the car. It's all for testing purposes.

Maria: "No pressure, then. Wish me luck!"

And the race has started. We are observing Maria's movements at the various screens from respective cameras installed in the car. For instance, her footwork is smooth.

15861604527_ee010f7417_c.jpg

And to another feed, her arm movements are gentle. So far so good, then.

15859908338_e7c115e919_c.jpg

Rob: "Maria Salvador... Portugal... could she be...?"

Owen: "I wonder if she'll do okay."

Takuma: "This is a test on how a driver can adapt under the most severe of weather conditions. No amount of traction control, nor setups can save mediocrity."

She's impressive! She's already in the middle of the ranks, sneaking behind the likes of a Pagani or even an Enzo!

Maria: "I have driven the One-77 so many times and gotten familiar with it, so this Evora is easier to manage in the wet, actually.

With the One-77 being taken care of Wesley in the Academy's dormitory, I can focus!"

16046656072_75d2561f8e_c.jpg

15861315809_24da889c54_c.jpg

Maria: "If there is one thing in common between driving and drawing - is that you need to have finesse... that you need to be precise, and controlled!"

16046655272_9f01c1e269_c.jpg

Owen: "Impressive! She immediately risen up to 4th place in the 1st lap!"

Takuma: "That's not surprising at all, considering the type of opponents she faces."

Rob: "He's right. Our car is actually the LEAST powerful of the bunch. So you must have an idea, Owen, how to control something over 600 horsepower on the wet."

16021582356_bd0ab4ac5b_c.jpg

Rob: "But what is impressive is how she manages to use all of the Evora's 500 horsepower without losing control. She demonstrates finesse in her ability."

Maria: "Do I still have opponents left?"

Rob: "Just three more. There, in front of you."

Maria: "Really? I thought I have the lead. Oh well, at least the fun is not yet over!"

Then she stabs on the brake pedal hard! What is she doing? Oh... a braking drift!

15425081574_88d8277447_c.jpg

16047354825_8684311308_c.jpg

Maria: "Woooohoooo!!!"

End of Page 4

Good to know Maria can enjoy herself in the middle of a freaking downpour in Spa. :crazy: In an 600 hp Evora. Yup, totally normal for a woman to do when driving a car, really. :lol:

The Evora has 511 HP on full tune. Rob is referring on its opponents which have more firepower, but a handful to drive on the wet.

The Evora has 511 HP on full tune. Rob is referring on its opponents which have more firepower, but a handful to drive on the wet.

Oh, my mistake then. Even still, it is an impressive achievement to control a 500-plus HP Evora on the wet without killing yourself.

Page 5 - Motive

You're quite an impressive woman, Maria. You're one among the many that spark the change for gender equality. I can already recruit you in the team, you know?

15867695149_8e74261acc_c.jpg

Maria: "Oh, there's a McLaren."

McLaren F1s are said to be skittish even on dry, so it's just as well for Maria to take advantage on it right now.

15866290858_dc77a1e944_c.jpg

Maria: "If I had brought the One-77 here, I would be in big trouble."

15867981497_546aea9355_c.jpg

At this point, Maria demonstrates to us how the rain brings out the best of the driver. The Huayra and the FXX over there would take superhuman reflexes to control on the wet road.

16053055912_ee3e0716fb_c.jpg

Maria: "An FXX? I thought they are fast on the track... on dry, perhaps."

15866289848_284335a57d_c.jpg

She's right. And all 800 horsepower is useless at this point. I wonder how's Alfredo doing, though...

16051791841_93aa4e0eb0_c.jpg

16053055142_2ba99c36d1_c.jpg

Rob: "She has the potential we need. Impressive performance out there."

I turned on the radio communication to give an instruction to Maria. We've seen enough.

16053742375_d8b73c08af_c.jpg

Takuma: "Maria, head back to the pit lane. We can retire, as we've seen enough. Impressive stunt."

15434099723_67be820362_c.jpg

Maria: "Awwww.... oh okay."

(Music stops)

We need not win this, anyway. Though she did cross the finish line. I guess she really wants to bag the win for us, huh?

Anyhow, she returned to the pit lane in happy spirits.

Maria: "So, did I pass?"

Rob: "In flying colors, yes."

Maria: "All right! Yahoo!!! And now, time for the serious stuff. Let's get talking."

Time: 5 pm, the next day

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Takuma would not do any narrating from this point on, as he is with Owen flying back to UK.

Rob and Maria are at the boarding gate waiting to enter the plane. Rob has instructed Takuma and Owen to fly back to UK to prepare and then fly to Japan eventually, to meet Hiroyuki.

He decided to tag along with Maria, after knowing her father is missing, and this is when his mission as an MI6 agent starts...

Rob: "I'm just intrigued at the motive you mentioned yesterday. You want to get close to Kazunori Yamauchi by joining this team. Why not approach him directly? And the reason why I'm tagging along is because your father is Mauricio, who is missing, am I right?"

Maria: "Yes, but you have a moral duty to the racing world. And I believe only Dream Alliance can stop him."

Rob: "Moral duty?"

"Attention please. Brussels Airlines SN 321 bound for Lisbon is now boarding. Passengers please prepare your boarding passes upon entry. Thank you."

When the two entered the plane, and then took off minutes later, Maria gazes at the window...

Rob: "You have 2 hours and 40 minutes to tell me your story."

Maria: "Okay, since I have agreed to race in your team, anyway. All to get close to Kazunori and take my father back."

Rob: "You're suspecting Kazunori Yamauchi has something to do with your father's disappearance."

Maria: "First, he gave my father an Aston Martin One-77. There has to be a catch for that. No one with a right conscience would give that kind of car away for free, right? My father and Kazunori are good friends, and Kaz would approach him for car designs."

Rob: "Car designs? What for? I'd never thought for a second that a man responsible for creating the greatest racing game ever would do this."

Maria: "It's hard to spot a person's true colors, isn't it? But they are bound to come out someday."

Rob: "I couldn't agree more."

Maria: "This is where the MORAL DUTY part enters - I suspect my father is abducted because of those sketches.

You see, I have once eavesdropped a conversation between him and Kaz. I've heard Kaz mentioned the "Vision GT Project." At first, I thought it would be a design competition, so I just scoffed it off.

Then, days have passed, and all of a sudden my father is coming home rather early from the academy, skipping some classes he must be teaching in the evening. He's becoming more fearful. As if he has to hide something. And then, after attending the Design competition in Lisbon, he's gone... he wasn't able to arrive home, and we desperately searched for him for months.

Kazunori and the Vision GT Project.... they finally came to light when I saw those sketches, hidden inside the One-77. All of those sketches are drawn by my father, and they will soon come to life.

The missing piece in the puzzle - is the Vision GT Project. What would Kaz do with it? Why is he after my father? Is it because of those sketches?

This is something big. We have a MORAL OBLIGATION. This might affect the lives of millions of aspiring race car drivers. Those car sketches, hint of ultra high performance cars. The lines display something that transpires beyond limits.

And now, what to make of those kidnappings of chief car engineers? Don't you think my father's disappearance is connected to that? Do you think that the Vision GT Project will start off this way? And what a project, going beyond what is legally possible."

Rob: "This will turn into something big. With the information you gave, I can now start my mission."

Maria: "Mission?"

Rob: "I'm an MI6 Agent. Now you see why I'm tagging along."

Maria: "All right. First, we'll head to the academy in Evora. The One-77 is stashed there."

Time: 9 pm

The pair immediately headed to Evora upon heading out of Lisbon Airport. Upon arriving at the Academy, Maria enters the dormitory, and Rob waits at the gate.

While waiting for her to come out, Rob contacts Conrad Banks.

Rob: "Sir, I will report something for this mission."

Conrad: "What's your progress?"

Rob: "I came into contact with Mauricio's daughter, Maria. She knows the circumstances surrounding her father's disappearance. Her intel is vital, hence I can start the mission. I have to protect her as well."

Conrad: "Thank you for the update. Her safety is of top priority."

Rob: "Understood."

Moments later, the One-77 comes out. Maria rolls down the passenger side window.

Maria: "Hop in."

The pair headed to her home just nearby. Valentina welcomes the guest and prepares a rather late dinner for them.

While the mother is in the kitchen, cooking, Rob and Maria head to the garage, inspecting the car.

15856867697_3478f290d3_c.jpg

Maria: "Come here."

Maria gets inside, and then reaches what it would seem look like a horizontal roll bar behind the seats. It's actually a container of the large sheet of paper with the sketches in question. She takes it out, and then opens it up to get the contents.

Rob: "Those are nice sketches after all."

Maria: "Kaz is after this, for sure. If he isn't, then why would he abduct my father?"

Rob: "These are out-of-this-world designs, all right. They hint of ultra performance. You have been a big help for my mission, Maria.

With that, I'll offer you protection."

End of Page 5

Page 6 - Deceive

Time: 9 am, the next day

Maria had offered Rob to stay in the house for the time being, which the latter accepts.

Then now, Rob can only do nothing but stay, as Maria asked him to look after Valentina while she's off to the academy.

Valentina: "Good morning. Please have a seat. Breakfast is served."

Rob: "Thank you, Mrs. Salvador."

Valentina: "Thank goodness you came here to help. We've been really struggling to look for my husband."

Rob: "Leave it to me, then. I can take on whatever challenge. Look, Mrs. Salvador... this is not an easy task, searching one person in the entire world. But there is something deeper going on. It's not just a simple abduction case."

Valentina: "Oh dear... You're putting yourself into a huge risk."

Rob: "I'm used to that. So don't worry a thing."

Valentina: "My husband is a simple man. We achieved this much because he pursued his dreams. He never came from a wealthy background. He worked hard for him to acquire such success.

It's really unthinkable that he would be abducted. He didn't do anything wrong!"

Rob: "Maria told me that your husband had been fearful days before he was taken. Have you got any idea why?"

Valentina: "He told me once that he is about to do something wrong. And that he wants to avoid it. It's too vague, really. After that, he's just... gone."

Rob: "Maybe he wants to avoid initiating a large scale project."

Valentina: "You may be helping us, but those are the only clues we have right now. I don't know where to go next. And I am worried for my daughter, because she's putting herself at risk too."

In the afternoon, Rob is in the guest room, using Skype on his laptop, making contact with Conrad at the MI6 Headquarters.

Rob: "Sir, as of this moment, the mission has slightly progressed, albeit an important one."

Conrad: "What are you reporting?"

Rob: "It is suspected that Mauricio got abducted because of this. What you see right now are the sketches for the Vision GT Project spearheaded by Kazunori Yamauchi."

Conrad: "Kazunori Yamauchi? Who is he?"

Rob: "A popular video game maker - responsible for the highly-successful Gran Turismo series. Maria is pointing him as the mastermind behind her father's disappearance."

Conrad: "What would a video game maker can do? You think Maria's statements hold water?"

Rob: "Definitely. Her father had been fearful the days before he got abducted. He and Kazunori are good friends, with the latter pursuing Mauricio's car designs.

We're in to something much bigger. The Vision GT Project will most likely to start soon. The suspicions are stronger, as the manner of Mauricio's abduction is similar to those of the chief car engineers."

Conrad: "Now we have the reason to pursue this case further, Rob. I thought of this as a mere child's play. I have to go, as I have a meeting with higher-ups."

The video conference has ended. Hearing Maria's car have arrived, Rob descends the stairs. Maria has arrived and then greets her mother.

Suddenly, they hear a telephone ring. Maria picks it up...

Emil: "Bom dia. Gostava de saber onde se encontra o seu pai." (Hello... I know where your father is.)

Maria: "Quem é você? E diga-me onde é que ele está!" (Who are you? And tell me where he is!)

Emil:
""Chame-me Emil. Vamos lá dizer que fui eu que sequestrei o seu pai. Ele está apenas preocupando como você." (Call me Emil. Let's just say I am the one who took your father. He's just as worried as you are.)

Maria:
"Podes começar a fazer sentido? Eu consigo distinguir uma partida de uma verdade." (Would you start making sense? I can tell what's a prank call or not.)

Emil:
"Vamos fazer isso simples e fácil. De-me os desenhos e verá o seu pai, fresco como margarida. Não é o que quer você? " ("Let's make this simple. Hand me over the sketches, and you'll see your father, fresh as a daisy. Isn't that what you want all along?")

Maria:
"Está bem... Onde nós podemos nos encontrar? Sou uma pessoa franca. Eu posso deitar os esoboços fora. Como isto. Não atrevas a colocar o dedo no meu pai!" (All right... where can we meet? I am a very straightforward person. I can simply give the sketches away. Just like that. Just don't lay a finger on my father!)

Emil: ""Nós nos encontraremos na Ronda, em Espanha. Não traga ninguém consigo. Apenas os desenhos. Vamos encontrar-nos na quarta-feira, está bem?" ("Let's meet in Ronda, Spain. Bring no one. Just the sketches. We'll meet by Wednesday, is that okay?")

Maria:
"Claro. Sem Problemas." (Sure. No problem at all.)

The mysterious call ends. Maria's suspicions have proven to be right after all... and she has gotten frantic.

Maria: "Someone named Emil knows where father is. He demands those sketches! I'm right all along..."

Rob:
"Are you going to meet him?"

Maria: "We're getting desperate. It's just a stupid piece of paper, anyway. I want to see father!"

Rob: "You are an intelligent woman, Maria. Use your head. Do you think he'll hand over your father to you that easily? As an agent, I can tell that he's bluffing. You said that Kazunori is after those sketches. Even so, Kazunori will not let your father out of his sight, considering that the Vision GT Project will start sooner or later."

Maria: "I don't know... I'm just... worried!"

Rob: "It's normal. But a cool head succeeds. I have a better plan."

Time: 10 am, Wednesday

Everything is all set, Maria and Rob are prepared for the plan. She drops him off at a certain point around the meeting place.

Then Rob opens the boot, and takes a briefcase. He simply walks away, whistling.

15840625578_e294cd408a_c.jpg

And then she moves to the meeting place, waiting for Emil.

16058960581_fce22c332b_c.jpg

She remembers Rob's plan...

Rob: "Listen, it is much better if we capture Emil. That way, we can extract information from him, making it easier to find your father. I can tell you 100% that he will not bring your father at the day of your meeting."

Maria: "So what's your plan?"

Rob: "Deception. He will deceive us, but we'll deceive him first. I already planned this out. Here, take this."

Rob hands over to Maria an empty sheet of paper the same size as the one that contains the sketches.

Maria: "An empty sheet..."

Rob: "Put that in the container, and that's the one you'll give to him."

Maria: "But... what if..."

Rob: "Trust me, Maria. I HAVE PLANNED THIS OUT. I am an MI6 Agent. Remember that."

Thinking that it's Emil waiting at the statue. She heads out of the car, bringing the container filled with the fake paper.

She approaches him, with a totally serious face.

Maria: "Aqui estão os desenhos. Onde está o meu pai agora?" (Here it is. The sketches. Now, where's my father?)

Emil just showed a smile...

Emil: "Ele adoeceu... Mas eu prometo que vou trazê-lo para casa. Mas primeiramente, deixe-me ver se é a coisa verdadeira." (He got sick... but I promise you I'll bring him back home. But first, let me check if this is the real thing.)

Maria:
"Está bem, então." (All right then.)

Emil opens the long, cylindrical container, and then takes out the large sheet of paper. And he sees nothing.

Emil: "O que é isso?" (What is this?!?)

Maria then grabs hold of the paper, and shoves it on Emil's face, attempting to suffocate him.

Maria: ""Toma isto cabrão! Achas que eu sou uma idiota?!?" (Take this, b**ch! You think I'm an idiot?!?)

Rob, hiding behind the bushes holding his sniper, sees that the situation will go out of hand. He then jumps up and rushes to Emil.

Maria runs away, but Emil attempts to take her. But just as he is about to do so, his right cheek meets the flying kick of Rob, sending Emil rolling down the pavement.

Maria: "Rob!"

Emil stands up and attempts to fight back. Rob then puts his hands on his pockets, and switches to Savate fighting style - a style that strictly uses kicks.

Emil takes out a knife, and swings his arm. Rob evades his attacks, and then Emil attempts another strike...

...until Rob parries it using his right leg. Rob's right leg twists Emil's left arm, breaking it.

Emil: "Aaaaaahhhh!"

Then Rob uses his left leg to perform a jumping roundhouse kick, hitting Emil's cheek once again which took out his tooth.

Emil is crawling after his knife, but Rob kicks it away. Rob gets his .45 caliber from his right pocket and aims it at Emil.

Rob: "Move any further, and your brain will scatter."

Rob raises his left hand. And it turns out, other agents are also around wearing their combat gear, hiding in various places surrounding the area, from upper floors of the buildings to the bushes, aiming their sniper rifles at the suspect. They move closer.

Rob: "It's all over now, Emil."

Maria then approaches Rob, still feeling tense with all the action that just happened.

Maria: "Rob..."

Rob:
"We got him. We'll take him to HQ and interrogations will follow. I wonder if I could have done the same thing to Kaz, though..."

End of Page 6

Emil just got Rob Haitch'd. You simply don't defy the Haitch, fool. :cool: But why did Rob hesitated when he thought about doing the same to Kaz? Respect? Or the fact that Kaz somehow knows martial arts?

All in all, another action packed episode, keep 'em coming. 👍

But why did Rob hesitated when he thought about doing the same to Kaz? Respect?

Let Takuma handle that, as he is the type of person who respects only those who he deemed truly worthy of his respect.

Little known fact - Takuma does not address Japan's political figures (even the Prime Minister) with honorifics. He calls them simply in their first names.

Page 7 - Vision Gran Turismo

Time: 1 pm, two days later

Emil is now under the custody of MI6, and is currently taken in for interrogation. Rob tagged Maria along, under the latter's request.

Once again, the interrogation room is colder than the other rooms. It may seem that the air conditioning unit is always set at its lowest thermostat setting, but Emil did not mind, and even shows a confident face.

Maria could only do but watch the interrogation process to be done by Rob. She can hear what will transpire through the speaker.

Rob: "Let us start. I hope the cold never bothered you anyway."

Emil: "Kazunori is colder than this room."

Rob: "Will note that. Now, on to my first question - are you the one who abducted Mauricio Salvador?"

Emil: "My parents taught me not to lie to anyone. And I shall keep that. Yes, I am the one who took him away, right after he had done his privilege speech at the Arts & Design awards in Lisbon. He was so confident at that time, that he had forgotten that Kazunori is after him. He made the mistake of slipping away."

Rob: "So, since you are Kazunori's right-hand man, now tell me what is this Vision GT Project that Mauricio had mentioned?"

Emil: "Hehehehehehehe... there's no use for me hiding it to you, and even if I am telling you, you are just too late to stop it. It's on full swing...

I am also the one who abducted the chief car engineer - named Haru Nakamura - from Infiniti. Mauricio had done the design, and Kazunori told that engineer to give the best performance out of it. He's not even pressured, you know? Kazunori isn't your typical villain. He just bides his time, and even lets those engineers do whatever they want in the headquarters - in the condition that they will have to stay for the project until Kazunori sets them free. He's not the type that will resort to violence. Look at me, I am very healthy and wealthy thanks to him.

Now, to answer your question - the Vision Gran Turismo Project is his ambition he worked all those years. Kazunori is now sick and tired of seeing racing cars heavily restricted, without realizing their full potential. Takes the fun out of it, am I right?

And why I am confidently telling you that it's too late for you to stop it? Heh... I also am a test driver. I have tested those cars, and just last week, I sent the Infiniti Vision Gran Turismo car to its rightful owner. In fact, it may be running as we speak."

15447232734_23ce98cc45_c.jpg

15882251220_460a013a2c_c.jpg

15449868063_a9d5ce333f_c.jpg

Emil: "Those cars... those Vision Gran Turismo cars. They are built with freedom. They are created to challenge the FIA rule book. They are created without restriction, and no compromise.

Those cars will change the racing world as Kazunori sees fit. Now, how about you, Mr. Rob Hatch? Aren't you a race car driver too? I know that deep down, you find the FIA rules are a killjoy. You want to be fast, am I right?

And to you, Maria... you shouldn't really worry too much about your father. He is well taken care of. And maybe you must understand Kazunori's cause."

Rob: "And what? Be seen as a hero in the racing world? What part of heroic do you not understand, huh? Does abduction count as heroic?

You think those cars can stop me? Just watch... The Vision GT Project have overlooked on something. You'll see what I'm on about. Soon enough."

After the interrogation, Rob and Maria are at the cafeteria. Maria is still in a gloomy mood, just playing with the straw on her drink.

Rob: "Stirring that fruit shake won't change anything."

Maria: "Somehow, I am relieved my father is okay, but..."

Rob: "We should not stop here. We will get your father back, and we'll even let you do it. You are now part of our team, remember?"

Maria shifts to a cheerful mood.

Maria: "Besides, I want to have fun by racing. I don't want to rush things, anyway. Maybe I'll learn a thing or two in my experiences."

Rob: "Together, we'll stop Kazunori's ambition. We are all here to prove...

...the wonders of human potential. That is our weapon against Kazunori."

Maria: "Yeah... and once I see him, I'll break, not only his ambition, but also his old-man bones. He should learn not to mess with the...

"...the baddest girl of racing."

Meanwhile, in America....

Loud sounds of V8 grumble dominate the Willow Springs. However, one classic car stands out...

15882250880_912798c8d0_c.jpg

15447232064_96fac40fc3_c.jpg

It had proven itself to go head-to-head with the modern Ameican muscle...

15883769097_3e5e463a14_c.jpg

16067598751_995516d3f4_c.jpg

END OF PART 2

Part 3

The True Muscle

The final leg of Dream Alliance's search for new members, at a place they rarely get to race in - America. A representative is needed, for them to increase their presence in that country.

Meanwhile, one man wishes to change the course of American motorsports. And he'll eventually cross paths with the Dream Alliance...

Author's Note: Once again, Takuma will not do any narrating for this part.

Page 1 - Car Restoration Specialist

Time: 9 pm

The two new members, Owen and Maria, have now been brought to Hiroyuki's home, for their first briefing, and as well as Rob to deliver the information he gathered so far - one that will surprise everyone.

Everyone is now in the meeting room, with Hiroyuki putting away the ash tray. He sits down, looking at the two new members.

Hiroyuki: "So, you are the new breed. Owen Watson and Maria Salvador. Welcome. And please don't feel tense. I may be the director here, but we treat everyone each other like a family. I don't instill unnecessary pressure to my drivers. It's not right.

Now, we only have one member left to search for. Any candidates in mind?"

Rob: "I ran out. Those two would be perfect to represent us in Europe, along with me, of course."

Takuma: "I am going to deliver some bad news, though. Motoring Weekly's boss instructed us to perform the interviews for our applicants. To make a compromise, Takanori will have to do the search in America alone."

Takanori: "And here I thought I was being bullied by my co-workers. The struggle in the office is real..."

Hiroyuki: "I see. Are you okay with this, Takanori?"

Takanori: "Yes, Hiroyuki-san."

Rob: "With all that settled, let us move on to another issue - and it's a big one."

Rob opens the projector connected to his laptop. Takanori is surprised by Kazunori's face displayed on the screen.

Takanori: "Kazunori-san???"

Rob: "While we won the battle against Silverblade and the serum project, we have another one to face. The Vision Gran Turismo Project.

Takanori: "What does he have to do with that?"

Maria: "Oh Takanori... you're not aware, aren't you? He's not benevolent."

Rob: "I can confirm that he's the mastermind behind those abductions of car engineers lately."

Takanori: "WHAT?!? NO WAY!"

Rob: "All for the Vision GT Project. As we speak, those special cars may be roaming the streets around the world. He intends to challenge the FIA... growing tired of restrictions and regulations. He wants to start a change. The car engineers fine-tune the performance of those cars, surpassing anything they'll encounter."

Hiroyuki: "People just love to hide their true colors, am I right? I admire his ambition, but he has it all wrong."

Takanori: "I can't believe this..."

Takuma: "Maybe now you should think twice on fantasizing your idol, huh? What if you are bound to clash against him? What would you do?"

Rob: "Takuma's right. His methods are not right to begin with. Creating cars that will surpass the current crop. And that involves breaking rules. It would be unfair for everyone."

Hiroyuki: "Enough drama. Thank you, Rob, for gathering this much data. It's helpful for us. By now, we should be preparing for that upcoming battle.

Rob, keep on investigating on this matter. I'll take care of the rest."

Time: 12 am, the next day...

Amidst the large party in a closed street circuit, the street race is in progress. Spectators watch in excitement as the cars are all performing in blistering speeds. The stakes are high.

15890798077_9cf78c92c9_c.jpg

Emil has done his homework, as the performance of the car is satisfactory for its owner. He had sent it before he was arrested.

16050759646_10909e993a_c.jpg

15890467629_26f7e1ee86_c.jpg

The high-revving V8 makes a high-pitch noise, instead of the usual grumble associated with that type of engine.

16075851172_822648f0fe_c.jpg

15456886583_7b2194d365_c.jpg

16075846372_e3e6057e4c_c.jpg

The red Infiniti takes the win. Then it slowly passes by the cheering crowd. Getting out of the car is a spirited Chinese-American university student named Alan Long. Alan receives a large sum of money for his victory.

Alan: "Thank you! Thank you..."

His best friend, a muscular man with blonde hair comes along - named Andy Midfield - exchanging a friendly banter with Alan as a way of congratulating him.

Andy: "You did it again. You got some skills, bro!"

Alan: "Midnight snack's on me, what do ya say?"

Andy: "Thanks! Although where can we find a restaurant open at this hour?"

Location: Shiny Metal car restoration shop, Hawthorne Avenue, Los Angeles
Time: 1 am

Andy returns to the shop after Alan treated him for a snack. Though he is only eating a taco thanks to the majority of restaurants closed at midnight.

He passes by some recently-restored cars. As it turns out, his home is just behind the shop. He had acquired another small lot after inheriting the shop from his father, and used it to build his home. He is about to seek for a job, but thanks to his prowess in fixing cars - his fascination in restoration started when he broke his father's radio when he was 10 and was forced to fix it as a punishment - his father decided to put Andy's skills to good use.

He briefly looks at a silver Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe as if meticulously checking for imperfections.

15890780687_7b7fff590a_c.jpg

15889110728_61685ba63a_c.jpg

He moves on, and then stops for another time upon seeing this...

15889259890_a23ff5e79c_c.jpg

Andy: "Shoot, I forgot... I must send this back to UK. Restoration was complete two days ago! I hope Takuma-san won't get upset..."

End of Page 1

15456899423_402cda2009_c.jpg

Page 2 - Willow Shootout

Time: 3 pm, the next day

The best friends head out to Willow Springs for Alan to set a lap time for his Infiniti Vision Gran Turismo. He is very confident with the car's performance, after his victory from the street race last night.

Of course, one has to appreciate the object being given as a present...

15463665404_f4d0d22fdc_c.jpg

Andy is simply looking at the car's screen on the dashboard, as it has an onboard stopwatch function.

Alan: "This is great! The Vision Gran Turismo project will kick me off to a good start!"

Andy: "Vision Gran Turismo project?"

Alan: "Oh, right... Dad just signed me up for that, the moment I received this car from him. I am going to be a part of an elite team of racers someday. And I can't afford to mess up."

16060173876_2035048df9_c.jpg

Andy: "If you say elite, then you DEFINITELY CANNOT mess up.

The car corners flat, thanks to its body that was actually sculpted for downforce. Looks can deceive indeed.

Alan: "Here comes the last corner...."

16060173716_ee11edf2d4_c.jpg

Andy presses the stop button upon crossing the finish line.

Alan: "What did I get? Oh lord..."

Andy: "1 minute and 17.1 seconds. That's truly amazing! That's supercar level! Hey, I'm sure you're going to have a great time in that team someday. I'm actually jealous... you really are a fortunate man."

15463664614_971e5ee51d_c.jpg

Alan: "Hey, you too. You run a successful car restoration shop. That's also fortunate."

Andy: "You could say that, but I don't really have the same opportunities you receive right now. You are even a university student.

Well, just work your way through and you'll succeed."

Alan: "Enough drama. You sound like my father. So, where do you wanna go next?"

Andy: "Take me back to the shop. A client is waiting for me."

Alan: "Oh..."

Time: 8 am, the next day

Andy wakes up early and immediately heads to the shop after getting dressed. Since his shop opens at 11 in the morning, it's a perfect opportunity for him... of what?

He gives the Shelby Daytona a good ol' stare.

15900208147_3be31757d8_c.jpg

Andy: "Let's go... This is just between you and me, okay? Let's beat Alan's record."

As it turns out, the car is inherited, once again from his father. It took Andy years of faithfully restoring this car to its original splendor, eventually modifying some parts to make it competitive.

It does seem Andy has the itch of speed as well...

He gets inside the car, and starts it up. The V8 engine awakens, with a grumble and Andy revs it hard, prompting the car to spit flames on its exhausts.

16084051581_20df154090_c.jpg

Andy: "Yeahhh.... love the purr."

He puts the recently-installed Hurst 5-speed manual into first gear. The original 4-speed gearbox didn't really suit to Andy's needs.

An hour later, he arrives at Willow Springs, ready for action.

15898693100_0161996de6_c.jpg

Andy: "This new gearbox better work. Cost me a fortune..."

He brings along a stopwatch with him, and started it upon crossing the line.

With the car being a racing machine in the past, it still proves its worth in the turns, having been recently restored.

16084051231_8d5a523d2e_c.jpg

Andy: "Hybrid technology? To be honest, it's like a crippled man on crutches."

16084051131_56aca22cf8_c.jpg

The wide tires assure Andy with plenty of traction.

Andy: "I don't give a damn on today's emission regulations. F:censored:k them. I don't care if this car destroys the planet!"

16084050991_0ca8e4c3c1_c.jpg

Andy: "Home stretch... I just love an all-motor engine. Blowers are for suckers who are desperate for power. All-motors are showing the true muscle!"

And the engine does prove Andy's point. Its responsiveness is second to none upon hitting the throttle, quickly crossing the finish line in...

15898692420_cab9b2a91f_c.jpg

...1 minute and 16.0 seconds.

Andy: "Whoa... that was unexpected. Hehe."

Andy repeatedly pats on the dashboard as a sign of commending the car.

Andy: "Good work. Old school still rules. Good ol' Shelby."

(Music stop)

Time: 10 am

Andy has returned the shop just in time to prepare the equipment before he opens it. His employees are present as well.

He still has that smile, of course...

Meanwhile, Takanori - who has arrived just yesterday - has stopped in front of the shop. He double checks the paper with the address of the shop written on it. He has been instructed by Takuma to check the status of the Cuda...

Takanori: "Uh.... I guess this is the right place."

Andy, recognizing Takanori, heads outside.

Andy: "Takuma-san! Good thing you arrived."

Takanori: "I'm actually his twin, Takanori. Hehe. Don't let the face fool you. He has dark blue hair while I have brown hair."

Andy: "Okay. Got it. Come in!"

Andy gives Takanori a tour inside.

Andy: "The shop will open in an hour, but since you came all the way, I just have to let you in. Pardon me for some clutter. Here, this is the Cuda.

15889259890_a23ff5e79c_c.jpg

Takanori:
"Ooooh.. very shiny indeed. I guess your shop really holds its name very well!"

Andy: "I'm so sorry. This has to be in UK right now. I'm sure Takuma-san sent you in order to remind me. Hehe."

Takanori: "No worries! I'm sure it can be done. But I do want to take a crack at it before we put it in the plane. I'm always fascinated in American muscle!"

Andy: "Oh. Let me get the keys, then. And let me tag along."

End of Page 2

Back