Takuma Gaiden II: Road to America (Pt. 2) - Page 31: LFA's Song

• Thread starter RCKakashi14
  • 1,053 comments
Page 3 - Old Dream

Takanori: "Oh, thanks!"

Andy: "Could the shakedown wait, though? Because I have other cars to finish for today. Come back here at 6, and we'll hit Willow Springs by 7 pm.

Takanori: "Willow Springs?"

Andy: "It's an hour north of LA. We leave at 6. Is that okay? "

Takanori: "I see. So, I'll have to go now. I can't disturb you any further. See ya later!"

Andy: "Hey hey hey! Wait a minute! Aren't you from the Dream Alliance too?"

Takanori: "Yes. Why ask that?"

Andy: "Just asking because I am surprised at the amount of fans you have here, despite the fact you rarely race here at all."

Takanori: "We share the same sentiment, actually. I am here because we want a representative to handle races here, should we get an invitation. We've been getting race invites from American organizers, but we cannot commit because of our other priorities, chief among them are the races in Europe and Japan. We want to increase our presence here, as a matter of fact."

Andy: "Hey, you should. There are lot of good racers out here - some are from reputable teams."

Takanori: "I've heard, but we need someone who specializes in ROAD CAR racing. We don't have a problem in racing cars department."

Andy: "Well, good luck with that. Oh, don't forget. 6 pm, okay?"

Takanori: "Got it. See ya!"

And at 6 pm, Takanori returns to the shop. Andy is giving further instructions to his staff, and then puts on his jacket upon meeting Takanori.

The Cuda is waiting outside, warming up. The two get in, with Takanori behind the wheel.

Andy: "First time you've driven this?"

Takanori: "Yeah. First time I've driven an old school American muscle."

Andy: "Off to Willow Springs, then. Let's go. You'll be surprised how this car behaves."

An hour later, Andy's point proves itself at the track...

15906097997_be3e2643b2_c.jpg

Takanori: "Whoa.... I didn't expect this at all!"

16089926731_9c6f045257_c.jpg

Takanori: "I'm effortlessly beating those modern sports cars!"

Andy: "Any car can take on a corner. Don't believe in those stereotypes."

15905758019_4e621fd72a_c.jpg

Takanori: "You know, I own a C7 Corvette back home, and this car has something in common. Pure power!"

16089926371_ff02a922ce_c.jpg

Andy: "So, you'll embrace American Muscle from now on?"

Takanori: "Hehehehehe... someday, perhaps. I do love my Japanese cars too."

Andy: "Expected you to say that."

16091126192_95d729bd40_c.jpg

Andy: "So, I take this as a pass?"

Takanori: "Definitely! Let's send this back to UK by tomorrow, then."

Time: 10 pm

Andy has closed the shop, and after that he puts back all the equipment and tools in order. Then just as he is about to head back to his home, he hears a loud exhaust note coming. It's not a typical muscle car grumble, but of a high-pitched tone.

He heads outside, and he is greeted by this...

15469528614_d133765c60_c.jpg

A woman gets out of the car, having a mid-length blonde hair, wearing a white sleeveless tube top with black jeans coupled with brown stilettos.

It's a face Andy hasn't seen for a while...

Andy: "Melissa?"

Melissa: "So this is your shop, huh? How you've been?"

Andy: "Doing great."

Melissa: "Have you? Oh that's good to hear. Wanna go out for a little drive?"

Andy comes along with her. Melissa is Andy's ex-girlfriend. The pair broke it off because of one fateful event.

Melissa enters a street race, but she didn't mind crashing the party...

Andy: "Still haven't forgotten where you came from, huh? I guess there are people who just embrace who they are."

15904405748_db5edddb2f_c.jpg

Her Z makes a quick work on the others...

Andy: "Being a race car driver now makes you invincible on the streets."

16089925811_a5ef297774_c.jpg

The woman breaks her silence, as she believes it's her turn to speak out.

Melissa: "How about you? Are you really contented with your life right now?"

15906096717_7f4e2b50ec_c.jpg

Melissa: "Just like what you said, there are some people who truly embrace who they are. How about you? Are you being yourself?"

Then she gets out of the race and heads on the highway.

Andy: "What do you mean?"

Melissa: "Running that shop does not define who you are. You are merely just obeying your father's wishes. I see nothing wrong with it, but you are slowly losing sight of yourself."

Andy: "What have I told you two years ago? I'm done with it."

Melissa: "Done with racing? Are you sure? Then explain me the lap time you set at Willow Springs. No one with no dedication to racing at all would be able to set that lap time."

Andy: "I was merely having a shakedown."

Melissa: "That's not a shakedown at all. You still got it."

Andy: "After what happened two years ago, do you think I'll still pursue racing? Our street racing crew was blamed for rigging that race! And you just disappeared! I tried to contact you, but you're gone for two years... Oh wait, you did say "we're over"... as your last message to me before you disappeared."

Melissa: "It is true our team rigged that race... that's because Alan is desperate. I have to break off our relationship because I don't want you to be involved. I volunteered myself to take the blame."

Andy: "Why are you involving Alan?"

Melissa: "Because he is to blame. He is responsible for sabotaging our opponents' cars."

Andy: "What..."

Melissa: "Alan thinks victory is easy to achieve as long as you have all the means. In short, he is a cheater. And now, he is belonging to a rather shady racing group. He's not the best friend you used to know."

Andy: "But... he's..."

Melissa: "Isn't your dream to be a hero in the American motorsports? Get back to being yourself! If you still think Alan is your best friend, then get back on track. BE YOURSELF."

End of Page 3

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Who is this Melissa? The Z and the license plate are the hints. And they're the easy ones...

Wishing you Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas!!!

15905827389_6bcf05e782_c.jpg

Last edited:
Hello guys, what's up? Merry Christmas! (Or should I say Mooooorry Christmas... :lol: )

I won't be posting a new page tonight. But I might open a club room tonight.

And I am just enjoying the Mazda LM55 VGT too much... :lol: (because I'm a Rotary Junkie, much like Takuma)

Page 4 - The Easiest Way

Time: 4 pm, the next day

The next day, Andy excuses himself from the shop and instructed his employees to run the business for a while, as he makes another run at Willow - this time at the "Streets of Willow" layout.

He does so because he wants to see it for himself - that he still has the driving skills he had once stashed away.

15924345597_eebe7e4e47_c.jpg

Andy: "Melissa told me I still got it..."

Melissa: "Running that shop does not define who you are. You are merely just obeying your father's wishes. I see nothing wrong with it, but you are slowly losing sight of yourself."

16084314986_5143cd1a14_c.jpg

Melissa: "Done with racing? Are you sure? Then explain me the lap time you set at Willow Springs. No one with no dedication to racing at all would be able to set that lap time."

15922801400_9ff7416eaf_c.jpg

Andy: "I think she's right. Look at me... I still have the reflexes, despite the increase of my muscle mass."

15922680358_94c8c84bb9_c.jpg

Melissa: "Alan thinks victory is easy to achieve as long as you have all the means. In short, he is a cheater. And now, he is belonging to a rather shady racing group. He's not the best friend you used to know."

"Isn't your dream to be the hero in the American motorsports? Get back to being yourself! If you still think Alan is your best friend, then get back on track. BE YOURSELF."

Melissa's words struck him. With that, it prompted him to stop.

Andy: "Come to think of it... Alan.... he's into that Vision Gran Turismo project thingy. Maybe he did something about that race two years ago. I see no connection, but... Alan wants things the easiest way."

Time: 6 pm

Takanori enters the shop, and asks to the clerks if he can speak with Andy. He is told to wait, as Andy will arrive shortly.

Then they hear the loud grumble of Andy's Shelby. They see it enter the garage.

Upon entering, Andy takes off his leather jacket, showing his muscular biceps. He sees Takanori and approaches him with a smile.

Takanori: "Andy!"

Andy: "Oh, here you are again! So how's your day?"

Takanori: "Quite good. And I dropped by here to say thanks for the experience, and as well as finally sending the Cuda back to the UK."

Andy: "No problem. We, at Shiny Metal, make sure that it's as shiny as it was when it left the factory floor. You bring 'em, we restore 'em."

Takanori: "I guess I'm now off to look for a new racer... to combat the Vision Gran Turismo project."

Upon hearing the last four words, Andy raised his eyebrows.

Andy: "Vision Gran Turismo Project?"

Takanori: "You might have heard of it or not, but it's something that will take over the racing world. We don't want that to happen. Cars that exceed the FIA's regulations... that's unfair."

Andy: "That's bad news. But..."

Takanori: "What is it?"

Andy: "I've heard of it... and it just happens that my friend is in there."

Takanori: "Really! Tell me what you know!"

Andy: "I'm not really comfortable selling someone out, but I do want to save him from a mistake."

Takanori: "What is your friend doing there?"

Andy: "He owns one of those cars. An Infiniti."

Takanori: "That Infiniti is surely the creation of one of them abducted car engineers."

Andy: "No way..."

Takanori: "As we speak, car engineers from different manufacturers get abducted... in the interest of this project. That's not right. I can't believe that my idol is the mastermind behind this."

Andy: "I guess both of us must act and confront them, aren't we?"

Takanori: "That's true. Thank you... you've helped me once again today. The information will be useful."

Andy: "And I'm going to my friend, right now."

Andy once again gets his jacket and leaves quickly.

Takanori: "Hey, wait!"

Before Takanori can move further, Andy's Shelby has zoomed away....

Time: 6:30 pm

16084314226_d766cfbc7e_c.jpg

Inside the large living room, Zhang and his son, Andy watch the news. The latter drinks some vodka, and then helps for another pour on his glass.

Zhang has retired, happily, from racing and he has been guiding his son ever since he bought the Infiniti VGT as his present for Alan. However, things take a turn....

Zhang: "You're content with just racing at midnight?"

Alan: "Kazunori-san told me to do so - in the interest of research."

Zhang: "You know, there is a deeper purpose as to why I bought that car for you. You wanted to enter the world of racing - and I granted your wish. But there are so much things to learn."

Alan: "Of course, pops. I am very much eager to learn."

Zhang: "Are you that eager? I don't think so..."

Alan: "What are you talking about?"

Then their conversation suddenly cut off, as Andy rings the door bell. Alan reaches for the door.

Andy: "Alan. I'm here for serious talk."

Alan: "Oh. Hey, let's have a drink."

Andy: "I won't be staying here for long. I am here to tell you one thing - give up on Vision GT."

Alan: "What?!?"

Andy: "We're best friends, right? We know each others' strengths and weaknesses. And definitely I know your true colors.

You want to achieve things the easy way. I finally knew what happened two years ago."

Alan: "What are you talking about? Oh wait, Melissa finally showed up?"

Andy: "She told me the truth."

Alan: "You're going to believe that woman after she left us?"

Andy: "You did it. You rigged the race, am I right? Don't lie in front of your father!"

Alan takes a deep breath...

Alan: "I guess no one can run away from the truth, after all. It's true. I asked and paid some men to sabotage our opponents that night. I have the money, and resources... why not use them?

You know, after hearing stories of my father's struggle and rejection in the racing world... I thought to myself that I must not undergo the same suffering he went through."

Andy: "Alan... being successful means that you have undergone and conquered the struggles you went through. Look at you. You live in a big home because that's all of your father's hard work!"

Alan: "Suffering is for the masochists. If you have the means, then why endure suffering?"

Andy: "Because struggle builds character. You'll learn nothing in that Vision GT Project."

Zhang: "Boys.... boys. You act like children here. Why not stage a race? Both of you? To prove whose point is the strongest?

Alan, this is the point that I'll leave you alone. You're a grown up, anyway. Do whatever you want - and as a start... prove your point."

Alan: "Fine. All right, where do you want to race?"

Andy: "Willow Springs - Streets of Willow layout. Saturday at 4 pm. Be there and be square."

Alan: "I hope your driving skills have not yet rusted. As far as I know, you've given up on driving."

Andy: "We'll see."

Andy storms out. Zhang heads up to his room as well.

Inside the master bedroom, Zhang gets the cordless telephone, and dials up Hiroyuki's number.

Zhang: "Oh hello? May I speak with Hiroyuki Hiramoto? Oh okay..."

Then Hiroyuki is now on the other line.

Zhang: "Hiroyuki? It's been a while. Sorry to disturb you, but I called because I have something that concerns your team.

It's the Vision GT Project. I admit that I bought one of those cars for my son."

Hiroyuki: "Why so?"

Zhang: "My son is itching to race in the big leagues, and he wants a jump start. He has heard of the Vision Gran Turismp Project and he wishes to take part. So I tagged along to pick a car of choice and bought it. I just hitched the ride, but in truth...

...I want to teach him a lesson. There is someone you should look out for. I know you're looking for new racers, am I right?"

Hiroyuki: "Correct."

Zhang: "Very well then. A potential one will be racing against my son this weekend. I suggest you go watch that person. Who knows, maybe he'll be able to teach my son a lesson much better than I can do."

Hiroyuki: "One of my racers is there at LA at the moment. I'll contact him. Thank you so much for the information."

Zhang: "I know you're the adventurous type - and so I shall provide you with an adventure."

Hiroyuki: "It's more of a crusade. I'll make sure that I'll crush that Vision GT Project to pieces."

Zhang: "You never change, Hiroyuki. Always with the crushing - much like how you threatened to crush my left eye.

Very well then, your crusade starts now."

End of Page 4

Page 5 - Shortcut

Time: 9 pm, the next day...

While his wife is at the bedroom watching the news, Hiroyuki goes outside. He walks through the corridor of the 2nd floor and heads out at the balcony, sitting on a recliner. He then reaches for his phone.

Just as he is about to press a button, it suddenly rang. It turns out that Kaido is calling him.

Hiroyuki: "Kaido? Why did you call?"

Kaido: "It's almost done."

Hiroyuki: "What's done?"

Kaido: "Oh, you're not aware? I thought Takuma told you about it."

Hiroyuki: "What's that about?"

Kaido: "His Mazda Furai got burned while he tested it last week. He was totally upset, but something big came along..."

Hiroyuki: "What is it, then?"

Kaido: "One of Mazda's performance consultants got abducted, but managed to escape. Weirdly, the manufacturer decided not to report the matter to the police. Instead, they will aid you in your conquest."

Hiroyuki: "That is odd. But what kind of help did they offer?"

Kaido: "I offered Takuma to salvage the car, but then that engineer came to me... out of all people, why me? He saw the wreckage, and he actually saved the front part of the Furai, and took off the body. He then welded the front chassis to a brand new rear subframe. The body has just recently put together. It's a nice design, and the engine is a custom, 4-rotor with Skyactiv technology. And that engine is just a one-off, created specifically for us. And I just put that engine in today. Can't wait to start the car up!"

Hiroyuki: "That's a lot. To think I didn't even ask help from them. Well then, I must accept."

Kaido: "Mazda will not tolerate that kind of crap, and now they will even help you stop the Vision Gran Turismo project. However, Takuma is oblivious of this so far."

Kaido then gets in the Mazda.... and then starts it up.

15931291190_ca1ed52939_c.jpg

Kaido: "Time for me to test this. See ya."

He ends the call, and then zooms away from the garage. The high-pitched note of the 4-rotor engine echoes throughout the neighborhood...

Time: 9 am

Takanori has just woken up from his bed at a hotel room. He then scratches his messy hair. His phone suddenly rings, and it's Hiroyuki in the other line.

Takanori: "Hello?"

Hiroyuki: "I have found a potential recruit. An old friend of mine filled me in with information the other day. That man knows something about the Vision GT Project, as his friend is in there."

Takanori: "You mean... Andy?"

Hiroyuki: "Oh... so you already met him. He will race with his friend this coming Saturday, at Willow Springs. You must watch and judge."

Takanori: "Understood."

Their conversation ends. Takanori scratches his head again.

Takanori: "Really? Andy? I never saw him race, though..."

Time: 4 pm, Saturday

It's the race day... Takanori and then Zhang spectate Alan's practice runs. The former is astounded by the looks of the Infiniti.

Takanori: "Is that how those Vision GT cars look like? Man, it's as if those abducted engineers were forced to do Kaz's bidding."

Zhang: "It's a terrible shame, really. My son will be eventually involved into this. But I chose to let him be, and teach him a very important lesson about success.

That is why... I'm placing all my hope on Andy - as he is the only person who can save my son."

Takanori: "I'm now going to expect battles like this soon enough. And the Infiniti is already a rocket, looking at how it moves."

Finally, Andy arrives, and that prompts Alan to stop his practice and line up at the starting line.

Alan: "Andy, you're late."

Andy: "Does it really matter?"

Alan: "Maybe. But how about your racing skills?"

Andy: "I have never forgotten my past dream... to be a hero in motorsports."

Alan: "How cute. Let's just see how much of a hero are you."

The two then get in their cars and immediately start off the race, just as Takanori is about to do the countdown.

Takanori: "Oh nuts."

15932830197_d4683e0e75_c.jpg

Zhang: "Andy may have taken off nicely, but the Infiniti has an electric motor."

Takanori: "A hybrid?"

15496255794_86e7a75561_c.jpg

Alan: "Let me tell you one thing... people shouldn't really suffer much if they have the means to succeed. Much like this car... it has all the latest technology in it."

15498873003_ce0eaf8465_c.jpg

Zhang: "I'm sure you're now aware how a high-performance hybrid car runs."

Takanori: "The electric motor provides extra thrust, especially when exiting the turns."

15932829877_376e1ca4bb_c.jpg

Zhang: "Not only that, but also Alan can use the electric motor at a push of the button, to provide extra power."

However, Alan overshot at the next hairpin, providing Andy an opportunity to overtake.

15932515869_016500094a_c.jpg

The V8 all-motor engine provides the Shelby instant response at the step of the accelerator.

Andy: "Gotcha!"

16116665051_bafe7261ab_c.jpg

Alan: "You think you got me? I'm afraid not!"

15931289420_989e3f1aa9_c.jpg

Takanori: "The Infiniti is taking a shortcut?!?"

Zhang: "Alan will do whatever it takes to win. He believes that there is the easiest way out of problems. The Infiniti, much like the rest of the Vision GT cars, is the perfect example of his beliefs. They give those clients a one-way ticket to stardom."

Andy looks at Alan's cheating maneuver. But he veers off to avoid contact with him at the next corner, making the Shelby lose balance for a bit.

16092788916_1f31ac024e_c.jpg

Alan: "Take this, hero boy!"

16118578665_e44d952299_c.jpg

Takanori: "I would teach cheaters a lesson!"

The two cars start off the second lap in an even pace.

Alan: "Heh... As expected, Andy will never give up. Totally a hero attitude."

15932828127_b8ca9e37e3_c.jpg

Andy: "Let me show you how a real hero does it. You'll be zero soon enough, Alan!"

End of Page 5

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Allow me to once again share some tips of mine.

AUDIENCE RELATION - This is very important. Get feedback, or just hang out with them. Open a room, and have a free run for fun. Show off your upcoming cars, or ask help for duels. That way, it's like you're marketing or promoting your work which will attract more readers and keep their loyalty. You can even ask story ideas from them if you're in a dilemma.

CARS - My car choices isn't just about being my favorites or new releases. I spend time in "R&D" for those cars. Meaning I have to compare them and test various tunes and see if they're fit for the story. Don't just be stuck in one type - i.e. Supercars - because let's face it, you don't see supercars everyday and we all have to be realistic in one way or another. Having a variety of cars in your story is much better - tuners, muscle cars, classics...

There are so many cars in GT6 for you to make a story out of. I see those cars having a story of their own, and it's just right to share them. AND THAT'S MY WAY OF SHARING A RACE REPORT. I basically make a fictional form of my experience with that car.

Alan, you rascal! That's not how you overtake at Willow... In a seasonal event, that would be a straight up penalty. I hope Andy shows this wimp how a real driver wins a race, and to show that cheaters never prosper (if they get caught).

Also, great job on the author's notes, perhaps you could write something a bit more detailed after the story or as a separate thing, useful tips are always appreciated by those in need. :)

Page 6 - Hero

2nd lap... and the heat is still on, quite literally...

16127421845_10651be160_c.jpg

Andy: "The Hero strikes back!"

(Music starts here)

At the next corner, the two cars cross lanes, and that provided Andy to overtake.

15941336979_015d671c6a_c.jpg

Alan: "Tsk!"

15941670937_b16b85e0cf_c.jpg

Andy: "Never underestimate old school! No amount of fancy hybrid systems can beat an all-motor!"

15941670637_72d421e63a_c.jpg

Alan: "This is BS... I'm pissed at those guys who are all about suffering. I don't even know you'd grow from it, Andy."

Entering the final lap.

Takanori: "Wow... I have no idea that Shelby could have so much potential!"

Zhang: "I have known Andy quite well. Andy is the type of person willing to undergo everything, to succeed. The fact that he came from a middle-class family that worked hard to make ends meet. He never gives up."

The Shelby's incredible cornering potential makes things worse for Alan.

Alan: "Dammit! This car is supposed to transcend above others! It's the product of the Vision Gran Turismo project!"

15505089994_a052b54a79_c.jpg

Zhang: "Andy... is the perfect antithesis for Alan. He is the only one who can teach him a lesson, about success. My son never wanted to experience the same ordeal as I have gone through. I understand that, but he doesn't see things clearly. He didn't see it the way I wanted him to see."

15941335669_501b2265b5_c.jpg

Andy: "Heroes have to suffer... before they save the day. They gained blows, scratches, and wounds from their ordeals. But those didn't matter for them! They succeeded because they believed in themselves!"

At the exit of the 2nd hairpin, Alan pushes the button that allows the electric motor to deliver extra power. The Infiniti gains a boost, and then...

Alan: "So long, hero boy! Suffer all you want! I enjoy life with what I have!"

15941669457_840072b48f_c.jpg

Alan once again takes the shortcut... however, he entered too fast...

...and lost control as a result. His belief backfired on him.

16126677372_4b4b944aa7_c.jpg

Andy looks at shock at the rearview mirror. Then he turned his car to prevent any contact from his opponent.

15505089144_84cdc32765_c.jpg

All Alan can do now is watch Andy cruise to victory. His hands tighten their grip on the steering wheel...

15941668827_368bb352f6_c.jpg

Takanori: "The Infiniti lost control!"

Zhang: "I hope that's the start."

15940112360_77c2393ea9_c.jpg

Andy: "I guess I win this time."

15507708913_e40ab39389_c.jpg

Then Alan just leaves the track, ditching his father...

Takanori: "Huh? Why is he leaving?"

Zhang: "Let him be. I say, he'll learn a lesson someday. I'm not rushing."

15505087964_2e273102b2_c.jpg

Zhang: "Alan is now walking in a dark zone, alone and cold. He'll soon see what "suffering" is all about."

Then Andy gets out of the car, wondering about Alan's whereabouts.

Andy: "Where's Alan?"

Zhang:
"Sigh... I knew this day would come. He'll run away. He is off to finally fulfill his blind ambition - the Vision Gran Turismo Project."

Takanori: "So I guess... Andy and I will have to talk."

Andy:
"You're recruiting me to your team?"

Takanori: "He... and my boss told me you have the potential. Having seen it just now, it is with no doubt that you have one."

Andy: "Gee, thanks. But are you serious with this?"

Takanori:
"Of course I do! Hey, we share the same goal. We will take down the Vision Gran Turismo Project. We'll work together to make this happen. You are a fine example of a person who succeeds by determination and strength!"

Andy:
"I'll finally be the person who I wanted to be in the first place - a hero. The hero of the American motorsports, that is. I'm going to save my best friend."

End of Page 6

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Next page will be the last page of Part 3. You'll see a glimpse of Andy's other car...

- After New Wave, Osaka Chronicles will come next. It will start by January 5. I won't be around from Dec. 30 to January 3 as I'll be in Hong Kong with my family to celebrate New Year abroad for the first time.

Page 7 - Complete!

Hard work won the battle... but the real battle has yet to begin...

After having talks with Takanori, Andy has finally decided to join the Dream Alliance's crusade against the impending Vision Gran Turismo Project. If it will make him be able to save his friend, then there's no excuse for him to pass up on the offer.

Now, he is at the shop, and summoned all of his employees.

Andy: "Everyone, as of this moment, I am officially a racing driver for the Dream Alliance racing team. I might travel around the world, but they told me that I will represent every race in America, so I'll be out most of the time, across the country.

But I'll be visiting this shop whenever I'm free. Just don't forget everything I've taught you. They're very useful pieces of advice that you'll apply in life - just like how I went on when my father died.

We all got sad when he disappeared, but all of his teachings, made us move on, and rose this shop to the fame it has today. I hope the same thing will happen when I walk out the front door tonight.

I'll miss every single one of you. You've been a very important part of my life. We're always together, like a true family.

Let's have a group hug!"

And all of them proceed to perform the deed. Their bonds are that strong, for them to have a tight group hug.

After a tearful hug, they all resume their work. While Andy is assisting one of his staff, his phone suddenly rings. He picks it up and it's Zhang calling.

Andy: "Mr. Long?"

Zhang:
"Can you come over here? We need to talk first before you leave the country."

Andy: "Sure. No problem. My flight to Tokyo will be tomorrow, anyway."

Andy then has arrived in Zhang's mansion. Upon entering the living room, he is greeted by the sight of Zhang, sitting beside his crying wife, named Felicia.

Andy: "Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Long."

Zhang: "Have a seat."

Andy: "Why are you crying, Mrs. Long?"

Felicia: "It's just... why would we let him be? We could have stopped him!"

Andy: "What happened?"

Felicia: "Alan left us... he left a note, just saw it this morning. He might have left by midnight."

Zhang: "This entire thing will be my punishment to him. I'll leave him be, just as he wished, but he'll never learn a thing or two from me. I say, let the experience hit him hard.

From this moment on, he is on the path to learn the harsh reality of life. It's not expected of him to learn it today, nor tomorrow... but there will be a time that harshness will send him a wake up call. I've undergone that during my youth, and he, too, will suffer."

Andy: "But do not worry... because I'll be the one beating some good ol' sense to him. Besides, I am joining the fight against the Vision GT Project. It's a big one.

And even if it kills me, I'll do it."

Zhang: "You don't have to do this at all. You are in a team, you follow your dream."

Andy: "Alan is my friend. My best friend. It's my volition to save him. He still has good left in him."

Zhang: "But in the end, it's still his decision to listen to you or not. I'm not obliging you to bring him back. What you can do is just make him see the error of his ways."

After a brief talk, Andy has returned home, but just before he entered his house, he goes to a secret room in the shop, where not everyone, not even his employees, are allowed to access.

There is only one car in it, and gives a stare....

16136852495_b27804d5b4_c.jpg

16134948631_df7e93aa73_c.jpg

Andy: "A few more parts left, and we're back in business. I'll be the Hero that I used to dream of. Just wait... Little Chappy. Wait a little bit more."

Time: 8 pm, the next day

It's a windy night in Tokyo, and in the Shiba Koen park, Kazunori is standing at the middle, as if waiting for someone to arrive.

Although... four cars have arrived.

15950770269_a6db719990_c.jpg

Getting out of the edgy, blue Subaru is a woman from Spain, named Sabrina Mendez. She looks at Alan and his Infiniti.

Sabrina: "Oh, so you're the neophyte."

Alan: "You could say that. Nice to meet you."

15950769379_db1170a04a_c.jpg

Then on to the two Mercedes-Benz cars, owned by twins hailing from Russia - Anton and Abram Volkov. Then the four approach Kazunori.

Anton: "As usual, we're not in complete attendance."

Kaz: "I don't expect that at all. With today's modern technology, messages are very easy to relay."

Alan: "So what's the agenda for now?"

Kaz: "You should be aware that Dream Alliance is bravely stepping up and will challenge this project."

Alan: "What's worse, my friend belongs in there now. He should just give up, as if he can change me. Heroes are just for movies."

Sabrina: "So, what do those crybabies want?"

Kaz: "We should do well not underestimating them. You should have seen their achievements. We're in for a tougher challenge."

Abram: "So we're not smooth sailing?"

Anton: "That's much better, bro. I always put fun in everything I do."

Sabrina: "Look, even the FIA will tremble upon seeing those cars. We can change the world the way you see fit. We can do this."

Kaz: "Originally, the FIA is the obstacle I must overcome. Now, the Dream Alliance is a higher hurdle. It'll be tough going through them before we hit the FIA.

But even so, there is no reason for this project to halt. We shall begin the change."

Time: 11 pm

Not far away, the plane carrying Takanori and Andy has arrived. Upon heading out of the airport, Andy takes a deep breath.

Andy: "Whew... I guess this the start of my new life."

Takanori: "It is. It truly is."

Andy: "I'm saying this already, I'm starting to love this place."

Takanori: "We haven't even got out of the airport yet! But I assure you, you'll love Japan."

Andy's mission begins right now... soon, a new name in the American motorsports shall rise, and be the hero in the racing world. The world is waiting for the rough and tough, macho racer from America named...

...Andy Midfield.

THE END

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- With all the new members rounded up, it's time for Dream Alliance to move on the next phase of their crusade.

- Osaka Chronicles will start in January 5 (or later...). It'll be a filler arc for me, while waiting for another VGT to come out. Let's have a little side mission on Takuma and Takanori venturing in Osaka for this potential recruit for their motoring show - a former editor-in-chief of a rival car magazine.

Last edited:
OSAKA CHRONICLES

A special filler arc featuring the adventures of the Kanonji Twins in Osaka, to interview a former editor-in-chief of a motoring magazine, for the sake of their current recruitment plans for Motoring Monthly magazine.

However, this would not turn out to be a simple interview session... The Osaka Hanshin loop has surprises for them.

Page 1 - Kansai Adventure

Time: 12 am...

Osaka, the second largest city of Japan, could be said as the second capital of the country. The economy is catching up to Tokyo, with its city lights shining as bright as Tokyo's. It's three hours away from Tokyo if one takes the Bullet Train. But it may shock a first-timer, as Osaka's culture is way different from the capital, right down to the distinct Kanto dialect spoken by the locals.

However, just like Tokyo, it's also sprawling with street racers. The Kanjou Loop is no stranger to fast cars, and various street racing clubs have formed, to challenge the twists and turns along with the dangerous traffic.

Fast cars such as this one...

16005437550_0c03d2aa48_c.jpg

The Nissan R390 GT1. Only two of them were made, to satisfy the homologation rules of GT1 class, which required just a boot space if it were to be made as a road car. It's in the same category as the Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR, Porsche 911 GT1, and the McLaren F1 GTR - all of which featuring swoopy race car bodywork with very little creature comforts in order to satisfy homologation.

16005311248_cb8061169a_c.jpg

Its loud, V8 noise echoes through the tunnel. And with that kind of race-car aerodynamics, it's meant to take on the racetrack. No one really knows how the owner sourced it, but the person has to be very affluent to acquire such car.

16006978897_9e2ffd52bc_c.jpg

The twin turbo 3.5 liter V8 propels the R390 to rocket ship speeds. It has to be, if it were to compete in the GT1 class, dominated by powerhouses from Europe. It's a tall order from Nissan, supposedly.

15570374644_8b5cc37ab3_c.jpg

While its rarity is secured, it appears quite often in the loop, and every street racer in Osaka has encountered it, one way or another.

Location: Motoring Monthly office, Nishi-Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Time: 8 am

In the fourth floor parking lot, Nobuyuki gets out of his white Volkswagen Up! that he purchased recently, and has been a subject of ridicule ever since. But he scoffs them off all the time.

He enters the elevator, and heads up to the 14th floor of the building, where his office is located. Upon exiting, however...

...he sees Takuma chasing after Takanori.

Takuma: "MOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Takanori: "WHAT?!? HELP!!! FIGHTING BULL ON THE LOOSE!!!"

Takuma: "MOOOOOOOO!!!"

Nobuyuki: "Huh? Oh wait... Takanori-san! You forgot to feed him grass!"

Takanori: "I JUST SAID THE GALLARDO HAS AGED!"

Nobuyuki: "You should know better what Takuma-san can do. Be careful on Lamborghinis."

Takanori: "Well it is true! The Gallardo is ten years old! The Huracan is already here!"

Finally, Takuma manages to headbutt Takanori on the belly.

Takanori: "QUIT IT!!!"

Takuma: "Next time, I'll have horns on my head!"

Nobuyuki: "All right, cool down, kids. Aren't you supposed to be in Osaka?"

Takuma: "The director is already there. He'll set up the interview, and then both of us will actually be the interviewers. The interviewee is actually a former editor-in-chief of a local car magazine, and has actually garnered some awards in his career. So it's not just a typical interview."

Takanori: "But the bad part is, is that we'll be driving all the way there."

Takuma: "That's because I enjoy seeing the sights in a car. And I'm sure, you want some action there. Plus, I don't want to take taxis while we're there. It's much better if you have your own car to use to roam around."

Takanori: "Oh seesh... I'm not looking forward to any of the street racers in the Kanjou loop! We're doing our job, anyway!"

Nobuyuki: "It's quite a relief that we had taken care of our search for the new members of Dream Alliance. Now, this is the only thing we can worry about."

Takanori: "Wait a second, where are the new members? I only saw them during the general meeting with Hiroyuki-san."

Takuma: "Let's just say that they are stationed on their posts. Owen will have a race soon. Let's not worry about that."

Time: 4 am, the next day

Time for the epic road trip to Osaka. I love driving, and besides, even three hours in the Bullet Train will eventually get boring. Driving around and seeing some sights are much better.

I'm waiting for Takanori in the meeting place nearby where he lives. And he's taking so long...

15572952823_1216bd5374_c.jpg

Kinda ironic that I'll be bringing my FD for the long drive, knowing the fuel economy of a Rotary engine.

Aaaaaaaaandddd.... here he is. Still yawning while carrying his traveling bag. I'll give him plenty of time to sleep, anyway. I'm always a good brother to Takanori.

Takuma: "You're late."

Takanori: *yawns* Sorry... I'm just..."

Takuma: "Put your bag in the boot and let's go."

I'll take the wheel first. Time to go...

Takuma: "Let's go. I'll drive first while you sleep. You'll drive for the second half."

16192773325_bd166610b4_c.jpg

Takanori: "Okay. Just wake me up when it's my turn..."

16166956806_a379284fd4_c.jpg

Takanori... I love him being around with me. Don't worry, I'll make sure you'll have a pleasant sleep, so that I can enjoy your energetic driving later on...

End of Page 1

Page 2 - Arrival

Another street racer is making the rounds at the Hanshin Loop. It seems that the highway has been buzzing with street racers lately, following the appearances of the mysterious blue Nissan R390 GT1.

15594061143_703902f511_c.jpg

Going by the name of Tomoyuki Kirishima, this 25-year old Pachinko house owner uses some of the income from his business to modify his purple FD3S RX-7. But this is no common garden variety tuned FD, it is one of the fastest cars in the loop.

16027804319_a7fd3ccfd1_c.jpg

Its 50:50 weight balance will surely guarantee its speed on the loop's twists and turns. Tomoyuki is very confident on that, and keeps it that way, to maintain his second-in-command position in the team he's belonging to - the 25-Second Club.

Tomoyuki: "No problems to report here. Everything seems to be in order."

16213111842_1cf151043c_c.jpg

However, his mood suddenly shifted...

Tomoyuki: "There are reports from other members that a light blue RE Amemiya-kitted FD3S from Tokyo has been spotted this afternoon. I hope it's him...

...Takuma Kanonji. I wonder how I stack up to him? I wonder who's the real Rotary Meister?"

Time: 11:30 pm

Both of us are still awake. Well, because we took a nap after checking in. I must say, this hotel is freaking awesome.

Takanori is making a research on his laptop. He is getting some info about the person we'll interview.

Takanori: "Aniki? You awake? Take a look of this guy..."

Takuma: "Who's that?"

Takanori: "The man we'll meet. His name is Isami Bernstein. He's half-Japanese, half-American, 36 years old, and has recently resigned his Editor-In-Chief position in Kansai Wheels magazine, a local automotive magazine only sold in Osaka and Kyoto prefectures."

He looks the part. Mature (with a pair of glasses, mind you) and well-dressed. He looks more of Japanese than an American.

Takuma: "And I'm sure he has a vast experience in reviewing various types of cars. He'll also fit for the show."

Takanori: "And he has received awards in journalism too. So I guess we have a potential newcomer."

Takuma: "We do need an Editor-In-Chief in Motoring Monthly.... badly."

Takanori: "Any plans for tomorrow? The interview will be the day after tomorrow, you know?"

Takuma: "I'll roam around the city. I haven't been to Osaka, you know?"

Takanori: "Really??? Oh. I, on the other hand, can blend in with the crowd since our father taught me to speak the Kanto dialect, hehehehehe...."

Oh right... our father originally lived in Kyoto before his exodus. Makes sense.

Takuma: "You know, I get the feeling that we'll be extending our stay here..."

Takanori: "Why?"

Takuma: "I've noticed a group of tuned cars following us when we entered the Hanshin loop during the afternoon, until we entered the exit ramp. That could be a sign of trouble brewing."

Time: 2:30 pm

Meanwhile, Owen is racing against some supercars, which is part of Dream Alliance's participation in the series of road car races recently organized by the FIA.

16027803909_d0a22cd090_c.jpg

Watching from the pit lane are the Hatch brothers.

Dennis: "I can't believe that an Evora can be stupendously quick."

Rob: "There's something about Owen that will surprise you."

16212024031_03c93896c8_c.jpg

Dennis: "You know... strangely, Owen has the splitting image of our father. Minus the hair, though. Both you and Owen are bald."

Rob: "I'm aware of that. And our father had bits of hair left before he died, mind you.

I don't want to admit this, but..."

Then they see the Evora once again starting another lap, meters away from the FXX.

16212023631_be65d4caae_c.jpg

Rob: "Two days ago, I let Owen drive my KTM, and set some lap times here in Silverstone."

15591502914_3d642b4a65_c.jpg

Rob: "He immediately fell in love with it, and even stated that he is seriously considering buying one."

16212023001_0288027a9f_c.jpg

Rob: "But here is the surprising part. My fastest lap time here is 1 minute and 53.2 seconds in the Grand Prix layout, right?

Owen's fastest run is...

...1 minute and 52.2 seconds."

Dennis conveys a very shocked expression from his face.

Dennis: "No way! You're... You're joking, right?"

Rob: "Hmph. I wish that was a joke. But it's real. He's not just a Brandon Hatch lookalike.

But he might as well be the fastest racer in the whole of Britain. His growth is monstrous."

End of Page 2

16026964680_aece4c79b4_c.jpg

Page 3 - Rotary Talk

Time: 12 am, the next day...

We arrived in Osaka yesterday, and then we spent a free day today roaming around the city, tasting local cuisine, and some bits of shopping. We poured a lot of energy for those, to be honest, despite the fact that us males aren't into shopping at all.

Right now, in the hotel room, I'm still awake, despite the fact that we will interview "Sam" at 9 am. Not because of Takanori's snoring, but I just can't shake off this need to drive. You really can't resist the urge to get behind the wheel and hit the pedals when you're passionate about it.

That's it. I'm off. I wore my jacket upon leaving the room. Sweet dreams, little twin.

Obviously, traffic is absent. Perfect time for ripping up.

Sigh... I also need to shake off this disappointment lately, after the Furai got burned into a crisp. You could even call it "Furai-ed" and it comes with choices of dipping sauces, and I am just humiliated especially that old man Shaw gave it to me for free. Driving is one way for me to shake off stress, and I hope this does it.

Hearing this FD's rotary roar made me remember that incident. Sometimes it makes me cry.

15618111863_bc12ff5d50_c.jpg

Just drive, Takuma... just drive. Drive like you always do. Vent out your bad feelings.

16236121681_aa898758aa_c.jpg

However, little does Takuma know that Tomoyuki is at the starting point of the loop, with a neophyte in the team holding a stopwatch.

Tomoyuki: "I must not be mistaken. Members told me that Takuma's FD is ripping up right now. Shinagawa classification 34 plate and light blue with RE Amemiya body kit with fixed headlamps - the description of one of the members who saw it."

Neophyte: "Why is there a need to record its lap time?"

Tomoyuki: "I'm just curious. And I want to see right before my eyes, the self-proclaimed "Japan's Rotary Meister" in action."

16052127057_d4cf8fc9a2_c.jpg

Neophyte: "There it is! Commencing recording."

16237968545_efaff0ccd8_c.jpg

Tomoyuki: "Takuma Kanonji... welcome to Osaka. You deserve such warm welcome. You have the honor of freely practicing in this loop any time you wish.

That's because you are our prey. The 25-Second Club shall not let you escape this place with a win."

Neophyte: "Do you think the leader knows this?"

Tomoyuki: "I have reported this matter to him. But he's preoccupied with beating that mysterious Nissan R390 GT1."

I'm inches away from the guardrail. Even if I consider this a free drive, I do it with precision. This is something a street racer lacks. Street racers would just employ every tactic in their book in order to win, and those aren't really guaranteed. You have to practice. You have to drive more.

15615549094_75cd9fe4fa_c.jpg

16212078266_a5e1f05631_c.jpg

Upon passing by the main straight, the neophyte clicks the stopwatch once again to record the lap time.

Neophyte: "1 minute and 22.2 seconds. Amazing lap time!"

Tomoyuki: "He won this round for now. I'm half a second slower. That is to be expected from one of Dream Alliance's fastest drivers."

Whew... I guess I completed a lap around the loop. Time for a can of coffee. I'll get off the highway...

I stopped by a nearby convenience store. It took me a few minutes to choose a can of coffee. I guess UCC is still the best around.

Suddenly, I hear a loud "brap brap brap" noise outside. That is music for the ears of a Rotary Junkie.

After the purchase, I headed out and it seems that it's another FD parking beside my car. And it's the one making the noise.

16236118421_d8bb917e7f_c.jpg

A man with a ponytail.. quite a young one, comes out from it, taking off his shades.

Tomoyuki: "Looks like I've finally met you in person. It's an honor."

Takuma: "Who might you be?"

Tomoyuki: "Tomoyuki Kirishima. I own a Pachinko house in Tsutenkaku and another one will soon open in Naniwa."

Takuma: "I see. And that FD of yours is loud."

Tomoyuki:
"I am proud to say that this is a Spirit R, the final model of the epic FD3S. I just have it Peripheral Ported."

Takuma:
"Peripheral Ported? No wonder it makes a loud idle "brapping" sound."

Tomoyuki: "What about your FD?"

Takuma: "This is actually a Zenki model FD. Don't be fooled by its Kouki side lights. It has over 100,000 kilometers. But unlike yours, the engine in my FD is only Side Ported."

Tomoyuki: "Side Ported? I'm shocked, really. To think you were able to defeat Jintei with such a minor engine tune."

Takuma: "Ama-san is a genius in Rotary engine tuning. For me, Peripheral Porting is just too much."

Tomoyuki: "What makes you say that? I am an expert in Rotaries too, you know? I know what's best for that engine."

Takuma: "There is a word called "Preference". I also know what's best for a Rotary."

Tomoyuki: "Of course we do. Anyway, it's getting late. And I'll make sure the things here will go smoothly for you. You need to be in your top form if you have to cross paths with the 25-Second Club - the fastest team in the Osaka Kanjou loop."

Takuma: "Tough words. Make sure they can intimidate me."

Tomoyuki: "Oh they will, and I'll make sure of it. See you around. It's nice meeting you."

Okay... so now I have entered into "hostile territory" eh? I've been into much tougher battlefields.

16050449478_8850b785f4_c.jpg

And the moment his FD moved, I can already see what's wrong with it. The way it started to move, there's some judder in it, reminding me of the 787B. Even the 787B had to be pushed when it's about to move away from the pit garage.

Peripheral Ported, eh? Sure it's a wonderful modification, but it isn't perfect.

End of Page 3

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The RE Amemiya FD is at 600 pp equipped with Sports Soft tires for that timed run. Tomoyuki's FD is also rated at 600 pp equipped with the same tires.

Page 4 - The Hunt

That encounter a while ago... I'm used to those. That's what you get for being famous, anyway. People will start questioning your credibility or doubt your capabilities.

But I returned to the hotel room like nothing happened. And I choose to forget that encounter. I don't care if I'm being challenged by some guy claiming to be an expert on Rotary engines. I know that I'm not going to leave Osaka without leaving a mark.

Time: 7 am

While Takuma is sleeping, Takanori is already awake having a shower. After getting dressed, he once again shakes his twin to wake him up.

Takanori: "We're getting late!"

Takuma: "Oh... sorry. Let me just take a bath, get dressed, and then we'll go."

I don't want to appear sleepy during the interview. We are interviewing a popular figure in Japanese automotive journalism, you know?

Then we left the hotel without bothering to have breakfast at all. We can still use those vouchers tomorrow, anyway.

The Director is waiting for us, at a private room in a restaurant. Perhaps we can have breakfast when we arrive.

Director: "You guys are late."

Takuma: "Sorry. I overslept."

Director: "That's actually quite rare for you to get late, Mr. Kanonji."

Takanori: "So, where's Isami Bernstein?"

Director: "At the bathroom."

And there he is. He wears an expensive pair of glasses. I can tell. His hair neatly groomed. In short, he's presentable, as what he must be.

Director: "Good morning, Mr. Bernstein. I'm sure we've already talked prior to this, and accompanying me right now are the Kanonji Twins. Surely, you have heard of them."

Sam: "It's a pleasure to meet you both."

Director: "So let's get started."

A waitress then enters and pours tea for each one of us. She then bows out and exits the room.

Takanori: "So.... tell us about yourself."

Sam: "My name is Isami Bernstein. My friends and colleagues call me "Sam" because of my American heritage. I'm half-American but I was born here. I'm only a high-school graduate, and my first job is actually just a clerk in one of those lifestyle magazines. I just print, stack papers, or even clean up some desks. You'll be surprised that I didn't show any interest in driving nor racing after all."

Takanori: "So how did you end up in a motoring magazine?"

Sam: "Let's just say that an opportunity must not be missed. I am just climbing up the ladder. I began in Kansai Wheels magazine as a proofreader. Occasionally, I was sent to field work assisting journalists in their car reviews."

Takuma: "So what rocketed you to the Editor-In-Chief position? It's a dream job for some, you know?"

Sam: "After finding out that I have a driver's license, the management decided that I must give it a try on reviewing cars. I must be unbiased, and be able to adapt to all kinds of vehicles. It took me years to get used to it, and eventually I ended up reviewing foreign exotics, and even sent abroad at one point to review a Porsche that was recently released."

Takanori: "Oh... you do have some experience in reviewing cars abroad, huh? Well, we do need an occasional correspondent for a foreign setting - especially in international motor shows, and also for official press runs of the new cars in race tracks."

Takuma: "Now, why did you leave the position?"

Sam: "I want to break barriers. My own barriers, that is. I want exposure in media, and see if I can handle myself in front of millions of viewers around the globe, be it your Youtube channel or your weekend night show. That is why I am seeking to have a position in your illustrious magazine."

Director: "Actually, we are looking for an Editor-In-Chief of Motoring Monthly. But do not worry, EICs also do field work and get in front of the camera as well. Preferably, we want someone with motorsport experience, but reading your resume, it seems that you have the qualifications. The awards you received further support your capabilities."

Sam: "That's actually good to hear."

Director: "Consider yourself welcome. You're the man we need. Because you must know that all Motoring Weekly presenters, such as these two, are preoccupied with their racing quests around the world. The twins and the Hiramoto brothers belong in one team - the Dream Alliance, and as of this moment, we barely finished our season. We have already hired presenters for the Youtube channel that will also substitute whenever the four are out to race. We need your expertise. We can talk about your salary later on."

Sam: "All right. I'm in. And, money is no matter for me. I aim for experience, not wealth."

He is very professional. His experience surely shaped him into a powerful person. It didn't really matter if he had a background of racing, nor he came from a family of racers. His experience and hard work brought him in the world of speed.

And... perfect. Breakfast is served right after the interview. Casual conversations begin. He still retains his air of professionalism, but he is quite a friendly fellow.

The day has ended quickly once again. The twins have returned to the hotel, with their task complete. But the two decided to stay a bit longer for a vacation. After all, they have been working overtime after they recruited the three new members of Dream Alliance, for the sake of finishing the upcoming season of Motoring Weekly.

Meanwhile, back in the loop......

16059894057_fc6b7d5a84_c.jpg

A red R33 GT-R... making rounds in the loop for quite some time, as if looking for something.

Piloting such monstrous machine is a banker named Kenichi Yamada. He is no ordinary banker, though... as he is the leader of the 25-Second Club. His requirements are strict though, as members' cars must be able to lap the Kanjou loop no slower than the 1 minute and 25 second range. If proven faster than the target time, the neophyte will automatically be raised to higher ranks.

16243879191_c8ac7ff717_c.jpg

Kenichi: "1 minute and 22.2 seconds, huh? I don't care. Let Tomoyuki deal with that Takuma guy. I don't care about him at all."

16219831476_e2ff9a1642_c.jpg

Kenichi: "My top priority is to get to the bottom of the matter - that mysterious R390. To think it had beaten my fellow brethren in a single night. This is my loop, and I cannot afford losing it to some stranger!"

And as if having heard his call, the R390 presented itself...

16219830726_5f29e75859_c.jpg

Then it accelerates away, prompting Kenichi to begin his chase.

16059600109_03db12bdaf_c.jpg

Kenichi: "I'm not letting you get away. I will not let you leave this loop with a straight win record. You'll have a blemish, that's for sure!"

End of Page 4

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- If this entire fanfic will be given alternative story and cars for each character:

16244435921_b8e2853dab_c.jpg

For starters, this will be Owen's new ride instead of the Evora.

The Porsche 911 Turbo S - his weapon of choice in conquering the British B roads.

Page 5 - Wild Goose Chase

The chase begins. It's an opportunity too good to miss...

16066426910_81bf1d9ec2_c.jpg

Kenichi: "The heat is on."

(Background Music)

16067662229_d13d756be3_c.jpg

Kenichi: "The R390 may be a unicorn, but there is one name that is truly legendary."

He then lets the GT-R drift at the next turn...

15633917143_88b204d7c5_c.jpg

Kenichi: "The GT-R!!! With a bulletproof engine with the traction of the 4WD, there is no excuse for me to lose!"

16066270158_d961728e8b_c.jpg

However, the R390's racing pedigree cancels out whatever the advantage the GT-R has, as evidenced by its increasing gap.

Kenichi: "You may have scored a podium finish in Le Mans, but that does not mean I'll bow out!"

16251953951_e109d75751_c.jpg

At the straight, Kenichi pushes down the accelerator all the way down. But all seemed worthless...

Kenichi: "This R33 has 800 horsepower. Plus, it is among the fastest in this loop! Yet, why??? Why is that R390 pulling away?"

16067953397_57dc7d169c_c.jpg

His opponent slithers away...

15631391014_2c43829252_c.jpg

Kenichi: "Dammit... I'm at my limits!"

16067657399_a74a2933d2_c.jpg

After sliding, he decides to concede, as he avoids risking the tires and the engine to break.

16253793975_5f6ef3ff81_c.jpg

Kenichi: "I do not want this precious car to be damaged. I'll let you off for now. But one day..."

16066264838_99192e5479_c.jpg

Kenichi: "...I shall have my revenge. The entire club will put pressure on you!"

The R390 soldiered on, as if treating the encounter like a practice run...

Time: 2 pm

Rob is about to return to the MI6 headquarters after having an errand at a convenience store. While checking the snacks in the paper bag, he encounters Jenny McCarthy and a man. To her surprise, Jenny approaches Rob, and takes out an envelope from her bag.

Jenny: "Oh there you are! I'm giving this today."

Rob: "What's that envelope for?"

Jenny: "An invitation."

Rob takes out the card from the envelope. It turns out that Jenny will be getting married.

Jenny: "Oh... Rob, meet Elijah Sands, my soon-to-be husband."

Elijah: "Pleasure to meet you."

The two men shake hands.

Jenny: "Please do come. I'll appreciate it when you do, since we're still friends."

Rob: "Okay. I can make it."

Jenny: "Time to go, then. See you at the wedding!"

The couple leaves, and after a moment of silence, Rob tightens his grip on the paper bag. Wind suddenly blows, and then Rob simply walks away wiping off a tear from his eye.

Rob: "Take care of her. She's the best gift you'll ever have."

End of Page 5

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I pity for Rob. Them feels... :( and you'll be able to explore his love life soon enough...

Page 6 - Challenge Issued (Crossover with NS Part 1)

Time: 9 am, the next day

Tsukuba circuit is closed off, as a manufacturer is performing testing of a certain car...

15643250273_e9f2a45600_c.jpg

The car's exhaust note turns out to be a symphony, rather than a distraction...

15643249633_f5da864d39_c.jpg

This new Mazda prototype racer sits very low, even the driving position. Behind the wheel is none other than Kaido, who is actually invited by Mazda to perform testing duties.

16237234406_d5a5b24235_c.jpg

The car is flat on the hairpin, no sign of roll and loss of traction.

16237233636_92e1968a10_c.jpg

Kaido sets a lap time of 49.5 seconds, leaving him a huge impression.

He returns to the pit lane, and the pit crew quickly attends to the car. A man named Matsuda is approached by Kaido. He is the one that narrowly escaped from Kaz, and decides to help out the Dream Alliance in the fight against the Vision GT Project.

Kaido: "Hehehehehehe... it's such a monster."

Matsuda: "It has to be. Originally, this is supposed to be Kaz's ultimate racer, but he made the mistake of letting me slip away."

Kaido: "And instead of reporting it to the authorities, you decided to help us out."

Matsuda: "I want a total war against them. Cops are just too easy and meddling."

Kaido: "No one wants to end the fun so soon, I suppose."

Matsuda: "You must know, that this LM55 is fitted with adjustable air restrictors, so that you'll be able to participate in most races."

Kaido: "I see.... so I was running in limited power?"

Matsuda: "We have to determine the engine's durability. For now, it has 500 horsepower."

Kaido: "And a Rotary with 500 horsepower is already a beast."

Matsuda: "But, if it's on full power, it has a power-to-weight ratio of 1 kilogram per horsepower..."

Kaido: "Now I'm more intrigued. I want to run it in Route 7 on another night... on full power."

Matsuda: "I expect you to say that. Do not worry, that can be arranged. This is meant to be Takuma-san's Swiss Army Knife..."

Time: 6 pm

Thank goodness we got word from our boss in Tokyo that we can enjoy a brief vacation. What better way to spend it is to tour around Osaka.

We spent the whole day to do it, and that left us weary. We returned to the hotel, but Takanori volunteered to buy dinner...

Aaaaaahhhh... I just took off my shoes and plopped on the bed. Though of course, I'm hungry...

Meanwhile, just a few blocks away, Takanori has just bought the meals they needed. He is ready to head back to the hotel.

However, as he is walking. a pristine red Nissan DR30 Skyline greets his sight. Naturally, Takanori is astounded seeing an old-school Skyline...

15640729734_db34de720b_c.jpg

Takanori: "Whoa.... that looks very cool! DR30s are quite rare nowadays! Won't hurt to take a peek..."

And he proceeds to do so.

16075783010_139d13fcdd_c.jpg

Takanori: "It's truly a gem! Looks as magnificent as my old man's ride!"

However, he is approached by two men...

Rob (NS): "Excuse me... you seem to take interest in my car."

Takanori: "Oh... sorry... it just looks too good."

Rob (NS): "Really? To you, that is just a boxy economy car, you know? Hang on a second, are you attempting to steal it?"

Takanori: "Hey. It's not what you think."

Kaza: "That's enough, Rob. Sorry for that."

Takanori: "You should know, that there is as much love for the classics as the new cars here in Japan too, you know? I AM A FAN OF THE SKYLINE AND THE GT-R! Kanonji futago wo shiranai darou? Urusai na... GT-R NISMO wo motte iru ze!" (Do you even know the Kanonji Twins? You're just annoying... I own a Nismo GT-R, for goodness sake!)

Rob (NS): "Geez... relax."

Kaza: "We're truly sorry. Gomennasai..."

Takanori: "I'm going. And my food here will get cold."

Takanori leaves the two, disgusted...

The two visitors from Tokyo decided to cruise around since they aren't sleepy yet. Rob is piloting the car, and thinks back of the encounter.

Rob (NS): "Man, that local seemed very upset."

Kaza: "You must know, that Japan has the lowest rate of incidents of stolen cars in the world. You almost never hear of such incidents here. And do you even know the man you've driven away?"

Rob (NS): "Tell me, genius."

Kaza: "He is Takanori Kanonji, one of the racing superstars in the country. He belongs to Dream Alliance. I assume you know of the team's achievements lately."

Rob (NS): "And he speaks great English."

Suddenly, the see Tomoyuki's FD...

Rob (NS): "A souped-up FD... I wonder if it runs here."

16075618858_4be965e04a_c.jpg

Kaza: "Why don't we find out? Remember, though... take it easy on this car. We have yet to bring it to the shop."

Rob flashes the headlights. Tomoyuki notices the challenge attempt.

Tomoyuki: "I'm rather bored. I could use some fun..."

Tomoyuki shifts to second gear, and the race starts.

Rob (NS): "That FD is fast..."

15640728154_ee92b5393c_c.jpg

Tomoyuki: "A DR30 Skyline, huh? It's quite a rare sight to see that one running."

The FD increases its gap, truly proving its superiority against the old Skyline.

16263145845_b24c1364f4_c.jpg

Rob (NS): "This car rolls... a lot."

Kaza: "Don't even think of keeping up to that FD. It's just too fast for you."

16075616788_995c0a49f9_c.jpg

Tomoyuki: "Nothing can beat this FD in the loop. And honestly, you're just a waste of time. Here I am thinking that Takuma Kanonji will finally show up."

16075779550_9fd57fdf44_c.jpg

Tomoyuki: "Never underestimate Rotaries. This FD defeated more GT-Rs than what you think! You shall pay the price for playing around with me."

15643243503_b0a6e4672d_c.jpg

Rob (NS): "What in the world? Rotaries can be that fast???"

The pair decided to concede and take a break.

16075614648_6a657d5fa4_c.jpg

Rob (NS): "I guess Osaka is as interesting as Tokyo."

Kaza: "Hmph. You should have known that already. Let's head back. We'll bring this to the shop first thing in the morning."

Rob (NS): "Gotcha."

16261323871_ecec203a62_c.jpg

Tomoyuki: "Come, Takuma. Let's just see who is the real Rotary Meister! I shall spread word of my intentions of challenging you!"

End of Page 6

Aha! Nice part, I'm enjoying this crossover a lot so far. :cheers:

Also I see you realized the DR30 was a reference to a certain someone. :D

the DR30 has Hayashi Racing Streetwheels!? Just like the Hakosuka from The Boom.

EDIT: and an original GT wheel?

Last edited:
Different wheels on the DR30? It changes from Motegi Racing Touges to one of those original GT wheels....

Anyways, 👍

Aha, I actually had GTa08 wheels on, I forgot to tell Kakashi. Their actually ment to be Wantanabe 8 spoke.

Last edited:
Page 7 - Rotary Roar (Crossover with NS Part 2)

Time: 10 am, the next day

Takanori: "Aniki! ANIKI!!! Check this out!"

Takuma: "I'm wide awake, you know? What's the problem?"

Takanori: "Look here in my laptop!"

What.... so the word is out that Tomoyuki will be racing me on Saturday. Damn.. is there a network of racers here in Osaka?

Takuma: "I have no choice. I have to accept. If he's itching to race me, then bring it on."

Takanori: "But what about your stance on street racing?"

Takuma: "I know what I said. But when pride is on the line, you cannot back out. It's a man thing."

Takanori: "Hmmmmm.... I wonder what can we do today? We have another vacant day on our hands."

Takuma: "My wife recommended me to check out the Tsutenkaku. Maybe we can find something interesting there."

Takanori: "Come to think of it, we haven't been there. So it's settled, then."

Takuma: "Okay. On to another topic, any idea what Sam is doing right now?"

Takanori: "Probably enjoying his last bits of vacation here too. He even told me that he intends to permanently reside in Tokyo."

Takuma: "Obviously he will live there because of work. But I think, judging his demeanor and his answers during the interview, he'll never intend to return here at all."

Time: 7 pm

As planned, we toured around Tsutenkaku. It resembles Shinjuku in Tokyo in some ways, and we shopped for souvenirs.

We walk along, and then we see a pristine Skyline.

15640729734_db34de720b_c.jpg

Takanori: "Oh no. It's that annoying pair again."

Takuma: "What?"

Rob and Kaza has seen the twins, and the pair approaches them.

Rob (NS): "I must apologize for what I did last night. Oh, my name is Rob Allsop."

Takuma: "Awwww... isn't that cute? My little twin here has found a best friend!"

Takanori: "Aniki... ano yatsu wa tomodachi janai yo! Urusai gaijin da zo!"
(Aniki... that guy isn't my friend! He's that annoying foreigner!)

Takuma: "Urusai? Sono Eijin wa shinsetsu darou." (Annoying? That Brit seems nice)

Takanori: "Ma ii... Ano yatsu wa wabiru da na. Soshte, ii kuruma darou."
(Oh all right. He's apologizing, and his car looks nice, anyway)

Rob (NS): "Anyway, we made a background check on you two, and Takanori here is an expert on Skylines, am I right?"

Takanori: "Of course. So, aside from the apology, why do you two approach us?"

Takuma: "Rob? I have a best buddy who has the same name as you, albeit bald and a war freak."

(Meanwhile, in the MI6 Headquarters, Rob Hatch suddenly sneezed...)

Kaza: "We want your opinion. You see, our DR30 lacked the firepower, after being outran by an FD last night."

I assume that's Tomoyuki...

Rob (NS): "How about putting in a naturally-aspirated RB26 engine? Will that work? That's been running at the back of my mind."

Takanori: "You know, the RB26 engine is a much heavier unit than the current engine powering your Tekkamen. It will become even more nose-heavy. Understeer will be your prime issue."

Kaza: "I'll take care of the weight distribution issue. But will that engine be suitable?"

Takanori: "If it's for more power, then yes. I don't question the engine's durability too. If you have the means, then I say go for it."

Rob (NS): "Thank you for the input. After the modifications, please come with us to test it."

Takanori: "Sure do. Besides, my father owned one of those."

Time: 10 pm

After that brief encounter, I decided to head out again after a brief rest in the hotel room. Takanori, on the other hand, decided to wear his pajamas and hit the bed.

15648153094_09d1bcff11_c.jpg

I have to be in top form, regardless of whoever I shall face against. You want a battle of Rotaries, huh? Then I'll give one you'll never forget!

15648152654_653a158a72_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Tomoyuki is at the tunnel, and he just saw Takuma's FD cornering flatly.

Tomoyuki: "Hehehehehe... word is out now. Obviously you are getting in shape for this. Even the leader has gotten intrigued, despite his initial disinterest towards you. I gotta admit that RE Amemiya is the leading name in Rotary engine tuning."

15648152384_b75c574f34_c.jpg

Time: 12 am

Taking advantage of the absence of traffic in midnight, Kaido and Matsuda head out and test the Mazda LM55 in full power.

15650682403_ac233e7125_c.jpg

The high-pitch note of the 4-Rotor engine echoes, and could be considered illegal for road use....

Matsuda, on the passenger seat, reads the VBOX's recorded speeds.

Matsuda: "390 km/h.... 400 km/h!"

Kaido: "It can still go faster, though..."

After making a u-turn at the PA, Kaido buries the throttle once again. The LM55 proves to be as slippery as ice, yet provides tons of downforce...

16084453369_06504fa96a_c.jpg

Matsuda: "We're back to 400 km/h again..."

And in the tunnel, Matsuda makes his final reading, as the undersea tunnel has an ascending slope.

16269750212_22c0f35e25_c.jpg

Matsuda: "Top speed - 420 km/h."

Kaido: "Not bad for something that has 830 horsepower and 830 kilos of weight. Truly a power-to-weight ratio monster."

Matsuda: "There is one favor I ask of you. Please keep this car's true power a secret, until Takuma-san himself finds out. I shall see his expertise on Rotary engines, if he can get the feel of the new engine."

Kaido: "Roger that. Besides, Takuma is the type who determines by experience. I couldn't agree more with what you said. Heh."

End of Page 7

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Vocubulary:

Eijin
(Noun) - Japanese for a British demographic. Eigo is for English language.

Aniki (Noun) - affectionate term for "Big Brother".

Ano yatsu (Noun)- "That guy". Yatsu is a derogatory form of "hito", meaning "Person" or "guy".

Wabiru (Group 1 Verb)- "to apologize"

Shinsetsu ("Na" adjective) - kind (Takuma's son is also named Shinsetsu)

Kuruma (Noun) - car

Ii ("I" adjective)- good, nice

Darou (expression)- mostly used when assuming or unsure of something.

Urusai ("I" adjective) - annoying (could also mean "noisy")

Page 8 - Putting on a Good Show

Time: 2 pm, Saturday

It's a grand wedding event... luxury cars stop by to unload guests. However, one man seemed to arrive the place just on foot.

It's none other than Rob Hatch. He still decided to go, even if there is pain involved. There still is a small flame of love for Jenny burning within his heart. The pair decided to break it off two years ago, after failing to mend their differences.

Perhaps that would be one of Rob's greatest regrets in life.

He enters the large church, and just blends in the crowd. However, he decides to sit at the front row, just as the invitation suggested as he is one of the special guests. He just wants to see Jenny, and that would ease the pain, he believed.

However, something is not right, the groom hasn't even arrived yet. It's obviously a custom that the groom must be standing near the altar, waiting for his bride.

Moments later, a white Rolls-Royce Phantom arrives. The bride steps down from the car, slowly. But Jenny wonders why everyone in the church are talking around, looking confused.

She sees no trace of Elijah. Looking back, Jenny believes that he must be late. She knows that Elijah can be a bit of a show-off. She's not going to budge an inch to enter the church until he arrives.

Rob: "This is a peculiar spectacle..."

Rob can only look at his worried ex-girlfriend. Then he sees two policemen arrived and talking to her. Intrigued, Rob closes in, but just enough to eavesdrop the conversation.

Jenny: "No... no... you must be kidding."

Policeman 1: "We have verified that he is among the perished victims of the ill-fated flight from Bulgaria that crashed yesterday, through passenger records from the airport of origin. Investigators have yet to determine the cause of the crash."

Policeman 2: "We sincerely regret to inform this heartbreaking news on the day of your matrimony."

Jenny: "No... NO!!! It cannot be! This is a bad joke! He is returning from a business trip!"

Rob sees Jenny running off, crying. To display his last bit of love for her, he chases after Jenny across the street.

Rob: "Jenny? Jenny!!!"

Back when the two had a relationship, Rob promised himself not to let nor see Jenny cry. He still holds on to it, right now...

He manages to catch her, and then Jenny just leans on to Rob, crying on his tuxedo.

Rob: "I'm here... I'm always here for you, Jenny. I'm so sorry..."

Jenny: "Rob...."

Jenny continues on sobbing. Then Rob hugs her.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the globe...

This is it. Another street race that I have to take part, despite my opposing stance on it. Pride is something you cannot risk easily.

Everyone is watching, as our cars line up the start. Takanori is here as well, for moral support as usual. Tomoyuki requested a 5-lap enduro run... if you call it as such.

15663217434_a133852596_c.jpg

Unknown to Takanori, Sam is watching as well. He is rather intrigued...

Sam: "Interesting... a car journalist who openly opposes street racing, yet joins in one."

Meanwhile, Kenichi is also present, along with the other members of his team.

Kenichi: "Perhaps it's interesting to watch Tomoyuki meeting his match. Takuma didn't even go through all of you, and Tomoyuki challenged him in the open instead."

All right, here goes. Time to rev up. Waiting for go...

3... 2... 1... GO!

And we're off! Tomoyuki's FD had a good launch. Perhaps his modifications aren't bad at all.

16283851021_8d965938ec_c.jpg

Tomoyuki: "Rotaries are often criticized for lacking the firepower. That is why Peripheral Porting is my answer!"

16259717986_61e0ff60ee_c.jpg

But... since I'm on a new ground, I have to leave an impression to many.

16259717436_1d80f1e8c2_c.jpg

Soldier on, Tomoyuki. I need a bit of a warm up before I can eat you up.

16098104248_a71139f6e2_c.jpg

Though I gotta say, you managed to transform your FD into a proper racing weapon. Rotaries are complicated to tune, and I gotta commend you for making such a result. Plus, admittedly, you have better traction off the line.

But, all glory is fleeting.

16099502299_6f143179e0_c.jpg

Tomoyuki: "What's wrong? I might understand if you haven't grasped this course yet. But... you are Takuma Kanonji."

16259716156_afc54ac235_c.jpg

I'll show you, how Ama-san is much better than you! He's only one of the few persons in the world I tip my hat to!

Next corner... brake, heel-and-toe... turn abruptly... accelerate... steer, and countersteer!

16098102948_dd5a076235_c.jpg

Just warming up the tires here, Tomoyuki. You can ignore my showboating. Take advantage of your Kouki FD's better traction. My FD needs feathering.

15665766203_351eefb147_c.jpg

Tomoyuki: "Do not insult me. I don't like being undermined. Be yourself! YOU ARE TAKUMA KANONJI, for goodness sake!"

Second lap. Time for my counterattack!

Takanori: "2nd lap! I wonder what Aniki is doing... I've heard nothing but playing around, according to the watchers scattered around the course."

Kenichi: "Looks like Takuma was just playing around. And this is just the early half of the race. Tomoyuki may as well decide the race if he's being played upon. He takes races very seriously."

Let's go, my 13B Twin Turbo! I WON'T LOSE!

16283847621_87b88d154f_c.jpg

I AM THE ROTARY MEISTER. I have already determined what's wrong with your FD, from the moment we first met!

I simply floored it upon entering the next corner...

16283847211_edacc448a3_c.jpg

For starters, I simply overtake him at the outside, and started to drift at the hairpin.

16285630265_053dd1bd27_c.jpg

Tomoyuki: "What the hell!!! Is he crazy?!?"

15663211774_e4cb4f8c91_c.jpg

I proudly inherit Michiharu Kanonji's fighting spirit! It has more explosive power than our engines combined!

End of Page 8

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Little more info on Rob Hatch: He prefers getting places in London by foot, as his way of protest against the Congestion Charge (and he hates public transport as much as Owen does...)

- And here's another little tip from me: They say variety is the spice of life. I agree with that, and that applies to your story as well. You can add a love story, action scenes, heavy drama in all ways you can imagine, but do remember that this is a Race Report and there has to be any form of racing involved. You cannot just put in cars here just to be cruised around or show them off. It'll be pointless and the story will go nowhere if you don't put the racing element in it.

- My rule on crossovers: I am open with them, just as long as both parties agreed, and has to be done with a CONSENT. Either I approach you or you approach me, there has to be an agreement. Think of it as having a guest in your home. You have to make them welcome, and make them feel at home. Races can arranged, and make sure no guest character will become trash by putting up an unfair race or even hurting them badly. Plus, also make it a point that it won't significantly affect the plots of both parties.

- My rule on crossovers: I am open with them, just as long as both parties agreed, and has to be done with a CONSENT. Either I approach you or you approach me, there has to be an agreement. Think of it as having a guest in your home. You have to make them welcome, and make them feel at home. Races can arranged, and make sure no guest character will become trash by putting up an unfair race or even hurting them badly. Plus, also make it a point that it won't significantly affect the plots of both parties.

Think I need to add this statement to my Fan fics too... :lol:

Back