Takuma Gaiden II: Road to America (Pt. 2) - Page 31: LFA's Song

• Thread starter RCKakashi14
  • 1,053 comments
Page 10 - Vengeance (Part 1)

Time: 10 am, the next day

Dennis is back at Tsukuba, familiarizing the circuit for the upcoming final round.

15327574947_2e1de93a34_c.jpg

Takanori is supervising the practice, just doing a favor for Rob. Meanwhile, Dennis thinks back of the letter he saw at the kitchen this morning before he left.

"Dennis, head over to Tsukuba Circuit immediately and resume the practice. There, Takanori will assist and supervise. You'll be safe there.

As for me, I have to settle a score. Do not head back home until you are told to do so. Focus on how to win the upcoming round instead. Do not worry a thing about me."

Dennis: "Brother..."

15511007771_c34b8a1932_c.jpg

Dennis: "Come back home without blood nor bruises, okay? But more importantly, keep mother safe from harm."

15513764692_fcbb21d5e7_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Takanori is feeling grumpy upon watching the X-Bow in action.

Takanori: "I can't believe that a car that small, has half the cylinders and half the horsepower of my Corvette could be the fastest in Route 5! That will eat our little Elise alive too!

But seriously speaking though... I hope Aniki is okay. Both of us are worried for our brothers right now."

Time: 10 am

We're all set. Rob called me for help. I simply donned my long black coat and bring my trusty samurai sword with me.

As for Rob, though.... he is wearing full battle gear. Flak Jacket on a complete fatigue uniform as if he's a walking artillery.

While driving on our way there, Rob simply plays with his red Swiss army knife. His mother is at the back seat.

Amelia: "What's that Swiss army knife for?"

Rob: "A memento from father. This just has to witness the fulfillment of my revenge."

We arrived at our destination, just a few blocks away from the building Rob's mother is talking about. There's also a black van surrounded by agents wearing the same gear as Rob's. In an operation, of course you need backup.

Then we assembled as we head out from Rob's Evoque.

Conrad: "Amelia will head inside first, as if paying a visit to the professor."

Then Rob puts on a small camera, in a form of a pin, on Amelia's turtleneck.

Conrad: "With that camera, I shall observe what's going on. When she reaches the professor's room, then it's time to move in."

Rob and the other agents: "Aye, sir!"

Conrad: "We have to bring in Professor Bill alive. Control yourself, Agent Hatch."

Rob: "Understood."

Conrad: "Amelia, are you ready?"

Amelia: "Very much prepared."

Conrad: "Keep in mind, that if we pull this off, consider yourself free from this case. Your son arranged that for you."

With a nod, Amelia leaves the van and enters the building. The others watch her movements from inside the van.

Takuma: "Such a large building."

Rob: "To think that this will house the serum production, and FIA peeps consider that as an illegal drug."

Inside the building, Amelia walks past the corridor on the way to the elevator, in a very composed manner.

She then heads to 70th floor, where Professor Bill's office is located. Upon arriving, she lets out a heavy sigh, and then walks closer to the professor.

Rob: "Oh dear god, how come she's attracted to that ugly bloke?"

Bill: "Oh Amelia, why have you arrived just now? Are you okay? Were you hurt from the raid in Germany?"

Amelia: "Not at all. I escaped from those MI6 agents."

And then Conrad gave us the go signal to move. Rob and I are at the front lines while twelve agents are behind us.

Rob then gives hand instructions where the agents must hide first - at the alley. Then Rob takes out two daggers and throws them. They hit at the wall, just inches above the guards' heads. Rob then snaps his fingers, and the daggers let out a cloud of smoke, to serve as distraction.

From that moment on, it's hell breaking loose! Time to rush! I simply followed Rob, who then incapacitates the guards by punching their guts. The agents behind us move in as well.

Then more security forces come rushing at us. Time for Rob to be badass once again...

Rob takes out a smoke grenade from one of the pockets on his pants. He simply slides it across and when smoke came out, he breaks the neck of one of the guards.

Takuma first utilizes hand-to-hand combat. When the guard unleashed a punch on him, he parries it and throws the guard behind.

Next, Rob slides underneath the other guards with batons. When one attempts to strike him, he sidesteps and hits his opponent's face with his elbow, then taking the baton. First, he hits the other guard at the leg and twirls him. Then he crosses batons, but before being outnumbered, Rob performs backflips and then he throws two daggers mid-air, that impaled the other two guards on their hearts.

Then Rob takes out a handgun and shoots the goon's head who is about to attack Takuma from behind.

Takuma: "Thanks for that!"

Then seeing more guards from his left and right, Rob pulls out another handgun with his left hand. Using two guns, he fires at them continually, thinning out their numbers on both sides.

Then he enters the elevator, and immediately closes it despite the guards rushing him. Takuma is left behind, facing the rest of the security.

Takuma: "Looks like this will be a workout."

I, then unsheathed my sword. Don't make me butcher you to pieces.

Back in Professor's office, Bill is alerted by the intrusion of MI6 agents, and seeing Rob in the footage, he gives a tazer gun to Amelia.

Bill: "Bring him to me, if you love me. I knew it all along that you've planned this."

Amelia: "What are you talking about?"

Bill points a gun to Amelia, and hands the tazer gun to her.

Bill: "If you don't want your family to suffer, you'll bring him to me."

She takes the tazer with her shaking hands. And then the professor heads further inside a secret room, where his nanoparticles can be extracted via a tube.

When Rob exits the elevator, Amelia performs the deed, shocking Rob on the guts.

Rob: "A... melia."

Amelia: "Sorry. Just play along, I'll get you closer to him."

Rob loses consciousness. She drags him all the way inside the secret room. She ties him on a chair.

Bill the punches Rob's face to wake him up.

Bill: "Good morning, Rob."

Rob then spits blood on the side.

Rob: "It's been a while, coward. Is this all you can do? What next? Put me on a tube? Get my nanoparticles? Then kill me? Go ahead, do your worst. As far as I know, you have no conscience."

Bill then punches Rob once again.

Bill: "You talk too much, like your father did when he caught your mother and I making out.

Originally, your little brother is my target. But I have almost forgotten your prowess as a racer.

Oh Dream Alliance... when will you learn? What I'm doing is purely for the benefit of all. I can even give away those serums for free to your team. Why not boost your potential further?"

Rob: "You fail in sales talk, old man. As far as I'm concerned, the FIA will tear your arse. But before they can do so, I will."

Bill: *punches Rob on the gut* "Then how?!? Amelia, untie him and put him on the tube."

Amelia complies. Then she carries her son on her back.

Amelia: "Scientists always have the most brilliant minds in existence."

Then she kicks Bill on the groin. With Rob awakened once again, she tightens her grip on Rob's arms, then flips him over, and then Rob stomps on Bill.

With Bill pinned down, Rob finally takes out the Swiss army knife. Then he is about to stab the professor.

Amelia: "Rob, no! It's not worth it!"

Then the Swiss army knife plunges on its way to...

End of Page 10

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Will Rob finally gets his revenge?

Page 11 - Vengeance (Part 2)

Amelia: "Rob, no! It's not worth it!"

Rob is in the process of delivering the final blow, if he succeeds, then he effectively avenges his father's death.

However, the red Swiss army knife plunges to the floor, just inches away from Professor Bill's cheek.

Both Bill and Rob are hyperventilating, but the former delivers a grin.

Bill: "Aren't we weak there? You could have finished me off easily like what I did to your father. You are just as..."

Before he can utter any further, Bill receives a punch from Rob, taking out one of his teeth.

Rob: "May God have mercy on your soul."

Rob then sees his agents entering the office, then he raises his hand and signals them to come over.

Rob: "Even your brilliant mind is not above the law. Too bad for you."

The officers finally arrest Bill.

Everyone has cleared the building. Takuma has successfully driven away all the attacks delivered to him a while back, even though he felt disappointed that he wasn't able to mutilate at least one of them.

Conrad: "Amelia Hatch, from this moment on, you are hereby cleared from the case. You are a free woman now."

Rob: "Let's go, then. Mission accomplished."

Whew... I'm glad that's all over. The three of us get in the Evoque. Then, just as we buckled our seat belts...

Amelia: "Rob... I've got to explain everything. I cannot consider myself free if I keep this for too long.

The reason why your father and I divorced, is because your father spent too much time in his career, that he have forgotten about us.

And for that, I was longing for love. What's worse, our finances worsened. The tea cosies do not sell well like they used to. I have to secure your future, for both you and Dennis.

And then that's how Bill entered the picture. We're both lonely, and that loneliness attracted both of us to each other. Bill provided me tons of financial support, thanks to his research. I've been keeping this from your father for years, until he found out which resulted to that divorce.

But rest assured, I played no part on your father's murder, I never knew about it. And I never hated you, in fact I am always worried about you since you're not in our home for most of the time. That's is why Dennis keeps pushing you to come back.

I'm sure you would honor his request, wouldn't you?

Now, knowing your efforts and sacrifice you made, I have to apologize. I'm sorry, Rob... I'm very, very sorry. I' know it's not enough for now, but I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

She's sobbing hard... I can feel that she's really sorry. As for Rob, he simply starts up the car and we are on our way home.

Rob: "Takuma, where do you live again? I forgot."

15526849035_6f43da20aa_c.jpg

Takanori looks at the lap times set by Dennis. He is just stunned by the consistency.

Takanori: "He sticks to the 54 second range... ON S TIRES! Cars with racing slick tires even struggle to achieve that!"

15340234237_0438c49629_c.jpg

Then Dennis takes a break as he returns to the pit lane. He grabs a bottle of water for a drink.

Dennis: "Takanori-san, k...ka...kaerimashou."

Takanori: "Eh???"

Dennis: "Sorry, I think I must have said it wrong. I have to brush up on my Japanese. Watching anime is not enough."

Takanori: "It's not that. But why do you want to go home?"

Dennis: "Well, I just feel like it. And I'm happy with the car's setup. I know my lines."

Takanori: "But your brother instructed that..."

Dennis: "...I won't go home until told to do so? I have a gut feeling that I have to, and it's for a good reason.

Let's go! Let's pack up!"

Time: 8 am, the next day

Amelia is at the kitchen, happily cooking breakfast. Dennis arrives, scratching his eye and yawning.

Dennis: "Huh? Where's brother?"

Amelia: "Oh, he headed to the mountains a while ago. He wants to train himself, he said."

15526847965_ca2f0accbb_c.jpg

15503672606_2acded4ab7_c.jpg

Amelia: "Our new life starts from this day."

Dennis: "Why are you so happy?"

Amelia: "Because...

...Rob called me "mother", before he set off. We're finally together."

End of Page 11

Page 12 - Super Lap

Time: 10 am, 2 days later

Thank goodness everything went back to normal. Plus, it seems that all loose ends from the Hatch family are tied up. All is well for the three. I am happy for them. I believe that as long as you live, there is glimmer of hope, and that was the case for them.

Now, I am watching them, supporting Dennis while the final round of the tournament takes place here in Tsukuba.

Tsukuba may look small, but its size is what makes it challenging, and that is why thousands of car enthusiasts gather here each year, and the management decided to open the race track every week for track day goers.

And with that, it is now the perfect venue for the final round, to challenge the skill and tuning talent of each participant. Power and handling must mix in harmony for this.

15535659382_1329e72915_c.jpg

15535658962_65431f0776_c.jpg

While Takuma takes charge of the setup, Rob is suddenly being approached by Nash.

Nash: "I know what happened to the good ol' Professor. And I gotta say Thank You there, mate!"

Rob: "You actually want your creator to be arrested? What kind of a goon are you?"

Nash: "Nah... he always does not let me have fun. Even I miss my client so much because of him. Now, I am a free man!"

Rob: "Never knew a robot would have free will..."

Nash: "I have wished for that. I want to have that free will just like humans do."

Rob: "Careful, free will sometimes has its consequences.

Now, I believe it's your turn."

Nash: "Yikes! I forgot. Well, catch ya later! And I'll race you soon!"

And so, Nash begins his run. Rob gets a drink and sits beside me.

Rob: "Heh. Adorable... to think that robot actually wishes for a free will. He even thanked me that I put Bill behind the bars."

15532126711_374817f48c_c.jpg

Takuma: "But there are two of them left, am I right? So, how's Nina?"

Rob: "I let her off. I believe she has nothing to do with this right now. I only needed her for information once."

Takuma: "But remember, they have emotions. They can feel sense of attachment, and probably she is looking for you right now."

Rob: "She shouldn't have to worry so much about me."

14914076664_ecbc9a55cc_c.jpg

15348806527_734dfbab1a_c.jpg

The fastest lap time set by Nash is 54.1 seconds. Wow... that's really quick for something street legal. 4WD cars tend to dominate Tsukuba. Over the years in Tsukuba Super Lap events, Lan Evos and GT-Rs are among the fastest cars here. The current fastest, however, is a rear-wheel drive car - an S15 Silvia clocking in at 52 seconds.

Dennis: "54.1 seconds? Bloody Nora! That was the lap time I set during my last session here. That will be tough."

Rob: "Watch your girlfriend right now. It's her turn."

Dennis: "She's not my girlfriend! Why are you such a bugger?"

Rob: "Motivation is the theme today."

15348193619_15ba48b832_c.jpg

Then, another British man approaches them, he's a manager scouting for racing talents. He is in his 40s, and wears a suit and a tie.

"Pardon me, but aren't you the Hatch brothers?"

Rob: "We are. What's your business here?"

"My name is Sebastian Robinson, a racing manager, and bred some of Britain's fastest racers."

Rob: "I've kind of heard you before. But why take interest on us?"

Sebastian: "On the contrary, I am solely interested in Dennis, since you are part of the Dream Alliance, anyway.

On the other hand, Ms. Rebecca also shows promising progress. I've talked to her a while ago before she got in her car, and she's also interested."

15348659398_fc5d03dcf8_c.jpg

Dennis: "I am currently not in a team right now, but..."

Rob: "This is your chance, Dennis. This is the opportunity for you to start your own path in racing."

Dennis: "But..."

Rob: "Like what I said, follow your own path. You don't have to follow me anymore. You are a grown man."

Sebastian: "I have a proposition for both you and Rebecca. Both of you shall race, not now, but when we go back home."

Rob: "Sounds like a nice plan. It'll be another opportunity for Dennis to settle things with his girlfriend once and for all. And maybe kiss and make up afterwards."

Sebastian: "Only one will be a part of my illustrious crew. The winner shall be granted the spot."

Dennis: "Sounds interesting. But for now, I am more than eager to show to her who I really am, my true worth to her, that I am not the garbage she threw away."

15535656822_3e51d6b003_c.jpg

Rebecca's fastest lap time is at 54.7 seconds, 600 milliseconds short of Nash's VW GTI Roadster.

15534833105_d444e0f8eb_c.jpg

Rebecca: "I guess this is the end..."

When she returns, she sees Sebastian once again, talking to the Hatch brothers. Then it's Dennis' turn to run, and the man looks at her once again.

Dennis: "Just watch me again. I don't care how close your lap time is to mine. I will definitely crush your record.

But don't worry, we can settle things through a race when we go back home. Greatness cannot be measured by figures."

Rebecca: "Why are you like this? I am already humiliated as it is. I'm clearly the slowest among us right now, and I cannot win this championship anymore. Haven't you had enough?"

Dennis: "You crushed me like a bug back then, and what I can only do is simply return the favor. All favors have to be returned, am I right?"

Rebecca slaps him, but that doesn't faze Dennis at all. She then walks away from him.

Dennis: "A single slap doesn't change a bloody thing, Rebecca."

15348191949_0eba7b4dba_c.jpg

Dennis: "I am not just Rob's little brother! I, too, will be feared and respected!"

Time: 3 am

Horacio Pagani and some of his engineers have finished modifying Takuma's Zonda R. However, it is done without Takuma's consent. Mr. Pagani wishes to surprise him yet again.

15349834130_130a636bf7_c.jpg

Horacio Pagani: "Just a little touch would do. 800 horsepower with further suspension modifications. And the DRS tops it all off.

Oh well, let's go. Time to go home. Thank you for staying with me all night for this."

End of Page 12

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- In actuality, the addition of the DRS is still "pending". I'll just have to take some photos of the Zonda Revolucion in different angles, to copy the DRS in varying angles. The black rims are to stay, for sure.

UPDATE: Zonda 760 LM headlights installed.

- Why the modifications? Because something has to stop Rob's KTM X-Bow R's trail of destruction. Will it be successful?

- Passione Italia will definitely be the next entry after this. It shall be divided into 2 parts.

Last edited:
Page 13 - Rob's Little Brother

The last chance for Dennis to prove himself. He doesn't even have to win the overall championship, as it is unlikely for him.

But the most important thing is, the world sees his abilities. Points are just numbers. Skills cannot be measured by figures, as I always point out.

15356291390_ea5d645978_c.jpg

Rob: "Problem is, the KTM isn't British. If father is still alive, he would get upset at both of us."

I never knew that KTM built a four-wheeled vehicle by the name of the X-Bow. And despite with so much experience in motorcycles, they made a car that can take on the likes of supercars and even racing cars. Probably they used that experience - lightweight construction - which a motorcycle and the X-Bow share.

14921746513_72a8b7ba5f_c.jpg

Rob: "My father was always proud of the capabilities of British lightweight cars. And he stressed them out that they are the ultimate racing machines.

But the KTM X-Bow, carries a very British philosophy - from the late, great Colin Chapman. Simplify, then add Lightness.

That philosophy is being carried on in the 21st century, an era dominated by heavyweight performance cars."

14921746153_46b4e00140_c.jpg

15355305009_45ed748aa3_c.jpg

Lap 1 - 55.1 seconds.

That was just the first lap. Hey, first lap runs aren't usually the best, you know? Better use them to familiarize the track first.

14921172044_49f026bc9b_c.jpg

Dennis: "Someday, I, too, will be a racer in my own right. Brother is right all along. I carve my path. I write my story."

15355304419_c838fda030_c.jpg

Lap 2 - 54.0 seconds

See? What have I told you? But a 1 second improvement is an astonishing result! Rob must have drilled so much on to Dennis.

I think a new name will be on the rise. The world must watch it.

14921171584_17b84f559d_c.jpg

Nash: "Dang! It's like a tumbleweed being blown by a very strong wind!"

14921171334_b7774da492_c.jpg

Dennis: "One last push! I don't care if I don't win the overall. I just want to show everyone what I'm truly capable of."

15355909667_7afd1a583f_c.jpg

15539240891_b62909ceb8_c.jpg

Lap 3 - 53.7 seconds

All right! Beat it, folks. That's a proper lap time on just sports tires. Now I see what X-Bow's are capable of.

I'm trying to imagine how much faster the X-Bow R of Rob's...

The points are being tallied up, and it turns out that Nash won the overall. But for the brothers, it didn't matter for them.

Rob: "At least it's a springboard for you."

Dennis: "That's right. And as for Mr. Sebastian's offer..."

Sebastian: "I shall reserve a race track exclusively for your duel with Rebecca."

Dennis: "I'll be waiting for it."

Rebecca: "Only one of us will take the prize."

Dennis: "Make sure your anger is channeled properly to your driving. Then maybe you can beat me with it."

Rob: "Dennis..."

Sebastian: "All right, it's settled. I shall inform both of you when you arrive in London. Enjoy the day!"

Rob and Dennis return to the pit garage.

Rob: "Are you sure about this? This will be too much if you are doing this just for revenge."

Dennis: "I just have to show her."

Rob: "When you are doing something in life, especially a major decision, you have to have a clear mind and conscience."

Dennis: "Brother. Please... you told me that I must carve my path. Let me do this."

Rob: "But this is not the right way. Think things through."

Dennis: "She hurt my feelings. And what goes around comes around.

Don't worry, brother. I know what I'm doing."

Then Dennis grabs a can of soda and enters the van.

Takuma: "So, will you go back home to London?"

Rob: "We have to. My family is fine now, and because of my work as an MI6 agent, I cannot afford to stay here. Before I leave, I'll put my home here on sale.

Thank you for everything, Takuma. You made me and Dennis feel welcome in Dream Alliance. Though Dennis will soon to belong in a team, which he wishes. I will, of course, remain here in Dream Alliance. I can't afford missing my best buddy here."

Takuma: "Oh stop! We are fulfilling our dreams together. Including yours. You deserve to have success especially coming from your fall."

End of Page 13

Page 14; Honoring Brandon

Rob finishes some work on his computer. Papers have been sorted out, and then he realigns his necktie.

For the record, he is still living on his own, finding it convenient for him to go to work earlier because of his home's proximity from the HQ. However, he did vow to Dennis and Amelia that he will see them every Sunday.

Looks like the Hatch family is finally reunited.

He then stands up, as if there is an important task. There is one, in fact. He is to interrogate Professor Bill to get more information about the serum project. The two are blankly staring at each other, in a rather cold room with only one light that illuminates it.

Rob: "Good morning."

Bill: "Courteous, aren't we?"

Rob: "I am just doing my job. Emotions and personal agendas are out of this. You will be charged for murder, and creation and distribution of illegal supplements."

Bill: "What's so illegal on my serum? I bet you even want it."

Rob: "Your serum is equivalent to a steroid in bodybuilding. It will give an unfair advantage to others, and other scientists have proven its negative effects that are permanent. According to them, the nanoparticles do boost muscle reflexes, but these accelerate the production of cells even further - and that could have carcinogenic effects in the long run. So you would want your clients to have cancer in the end, in short?"

Bill: "That is why it is still in development. I have yet to develop a compromise."

Rob: "You don't even use your brilliant mind to find out that your drug is illegal in the first place. Now, let's enter the interrogation proper.

Where are your satellite laboratories around the world? Aside from Germany and Japan?"

Bill: "You're too late. CIA has already raided the rest of them before you came in the picture. I have nothing left. You could have done something to get ahead, instead of mourning around and planning for revenge."

Rob: "Hmph. What about Nash Hall? Is he still carrying the nanoparticle data?"

Bill: "He no longer works for me, but I assume he still has them. Heh... go ahead. Destroy him if you wish. You are a war freak, just like your father."

Rob: "According to Henry Lo, many of these so-called "Guinea Pigs" are in fact race car drivers and have died in your experiments. Are all these allegations true?"

Bill: "I have to do everything and extract all that I possibly can in the name of research. Even if it involves lives, yes. Sacrifices have to be made, in order to ensure success."

Rob: "You are arguably the most heartless of all scientists. You know, I could have easily driven my Swiss army knife straight to your heart. But my strong sense of duty... and morality prevented me from doing so. The latter of which is something you don't have.

What about the cars? Is that Volkswagen the last of your creations?"

Bill: "I'm afraid I am not the one in charge of that. My clients wished so. In fact, as we speak, they may be having secret talks with the top engineers of distinguished automotive brands.

You have a long way to go, Rob Hatch. My clients are just as heartless as I am. They will do everything in their power to get what they want. To think they are just business tycoons treating the racing world like a game. They want to get their hands on those serums.

Now with the project halted for good, they will all point fingers at you. Nash's client, and Noel's client are grinding their teeth right now."

Rob: "Then I'll let them come at me. They think they can stop me? Fat chance, professor.

Don't worry, you won't be alone in your cell soon enough."

Then he gets out, but before he could close the door...

Rob: "One last thing. I simply cannot imagine calling you Daddy."

Rob closes the door and orders the guards to return Bill to his prison.

Time: 3 pm, the next day

It is Rob's day off, hence taking advantage to perform last-minute changes on Dennis' X-Bow before the race.

He had done a few laps using the new setup.

15361444899_7a9feded6b_c.jpg

15548906382_3f525c02de_c.jpg

Shortly, Dennis and Amelia arrive, to watch Rob's runs.

Amelia: "Your brother is totally devoted to your father, huh? That speed reminded me of him."

14927310294_c20d94dcb6_c.jpg

Dennis: "I changed the car's color. I had it wrapped in flat black. Looks more aggressive."

15548064805_7268ea9bea_c.jpg

Amelia: "All I can say is, good luck for both of you. As a mother, I have to pledge support. I have to make up for Rob as well."

15548905762_85042fddae_c.jpg

After the 10th lap, Rob returns to the pit lane. He is surprised by the presence of the two.

Rob: "What brings you here?"

Amelia: "We came to watch, and I am just curious how fast you really are."

Dennis: "So... what have you tinkered with my car today?"

Rob: "Increased the turbo boost pressure and stiffening the front suspension further along with camber and toe adjustments. And... why the flat black?"

Dennis: "Someone has to honor our father. I want my KTM to be known as the Werewolf too."

Rob: "Go ahead. The most important thing is, that you will be successful in the end."

Dennis: "If you are going to think about my revenge in that race, forget it. I am going to forego that thought. I just have to impress them, that is all. I have to impress Mr. Sebastian."

Rob: "Good for you."

Then Rob gives a pat on Dennis' back.

Rob: "Good luck on your path. It is all yours to carve."

End of Page 14

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I have now posted the setup for Dennis' KTM X-Bow Street. The duel will take place in Brands Hatch.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/ktm-x-bow-street.774/

- There will be another entry dedicated for Rob. Remember my previous post about Nina's personal mission? I have merged it there. It's a clash between robots, and Rob has to stop the clients from abducting them.

And then there goes the thought of Nina destroying herself, which doesn't sit well with Rob. Not because of love, but because of his philosophy of creating a path of one's own, even if that's a robot.

Little update:

The Dennis vs. Rebecca duel is done, and photos shall be taken tomorrow.

I just have to watch over my cousin in the hospital, that's why I cannot post the next page. I am in the hospital room as I type this, and will sleep here.

It would most likely be released tomorrow, since I am free for the entire Sunday and my cousin would be discharged, anyway. The next page will contain the first part of the duel.

Page 15 - David and Goliath

Time: 9 am, three days later

The Hatch brothers are waiting for Sebastian and Rebecca to arrive. While on it, they take the opportunity to make the last minute setups. Their mother is at the bleachers overlooking the main straight.

Rob: "You sure about this?"

Dennis: "I told you, I know what I am about to do. I just have to leave a mark."

Rob: "You have to be serious if you are intending for a spot in Sebastian's team."

Dennis: "I know, I know..."

Rob: "What exactly do you mean by "leave a mark", huh?"

Dennis: "Just watch, brother."

Then at long last, Sebastian arrives, with Rebecca's STi following suit. Dennis enters the X-Bow and twists the key at the ignition.

8114172111158_.jpg

Dennis: "Oh you bet. I'm more than ready for this..."

Without uttering a single word, Rebecca looks at her opponent for one last time before entering her car and lining up for the start.

Sebastian: "The rules are simple. Whoever crosses the finish line first, will have the opportunity to further their career in my racing team. The race will be in 3 laps."

Dennis revs the engine as he waits for the light to show green.

Sebastian: "3... 2... 1... GO!!!"

Thanks to the 4WD system, the Impreza gets a rocket launch off the line.

14952796883_8da4826fd2_c.jpg

And as well as having more traction through the corners along with the lower center gravity provided by the "Boxer" engine. It shows composure in the first hairpin. So it is no wonder why it's a stellar performer during the tournament.

Dennis: "4WDs... they could be really considered as perfect in every way."

15570303001_80c755b783_c.jpg

Rebecca: "I'll just have to forget the past. I'm sure my slap wasn't enough. I will show you too, Dennis, that you looked at me the wrong way!"

14952220644_2db5727b33_c.jpg

Dennis: "I can attack her at the corner entry, but..."

14952219934_ea297d866f_c.jpg

Dennis: "...her STi is mental at the corner exit. Mind boggling, I say."

Approaching another corner, Rebecca brakes and then heel and toe during the downshift. Her Impreza assures her of stability, making her confident in plowing through the turns.

15573808112_fd058fb4b6_c.jpg

She sees the KTM flailing around a bit.

Rebecca: "The problem with rear-wheel drive cars... I don't have that in this Scooby!"

2nd lap has started, but Rob stays cool even if he saw the gap between the Subaru and the KTM.

14952793743_3032ff333e_c.jpg

Rob: "Stay patient, Dennis. That's the key in controlling the KTM X-Bow. You don't have to rush things."

At the first hairpin, that gap is closed as the Impreza's speed dropped too much. It's an opportunity for Dennis. He performs his attack at the next turn.

15386336489_6e209913c5_c.jpg

Dennis: "You looked at me the wrong way, Rebecca. But I assume you will say that to me as well.

I don't care about the past anymore. Let's just clash for that precious spot!"

However, Rebecca would not give up. Not just easily. She's hits the accelerator, taking advantage of her Impreza's obvious power hike over the X-Bow.

Rebecca: "Think you can do this?"

She takes the inside for the next corner, applying what 4WD racers commonly do, take the inside lane of the turn to take advantage of a RWD car's weakness at the outside lane.

15386810278_4a992baf82_c.jpg

15386810038_2339bdd5d4_c.jpg

Dennis: "She got the inside! Oh bugger!"

Her effort paid off. She takes back the lead thanks to that overwhelming power and traction.

14952791793_591096d0a7_c.jpg

Dennis: "Her Impreza is simply mad. As mad as she is, probably."

15573805112_0956786513_c.jpg

Rebecca: "Sweating there, aren't we? You can't just put me down after what I did to you. I am not going to stay silent for long.

I shall prove myself as the new, up-and-coming star of racing!"

Meanwhile, back in the pit garage, Rob calls up someone in the Nurburgring...

Rob: "Hello there. Good morning. Can you look up the lap time set by the Pagani Zonda 770R Nero Drago owned by Takuma Kanonji?

6:25.70? Oh okay, I got it. Thank you very much."

End of Page 15

Page 16 - The Proud Number

The battle between former lovers continue. With Rebecca still having the upper hand, Dennis is having enough trouble of controlling the twitchy X-Bow and keeping up.

15583303075_64f86d81b5_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Rob observes Sebastian's gestures, and seems to have come up an impression on him.

Rob: "It seems that old man is interested only to Dennis. He is just amazed at the flow of the race, especially how Dennis holds on despite the odds."

15580655331_50f9b73466_c.jpg

Rob: "It's the final lap. I don't think Dennis takes this seriously, however. I know him, and he's usually competitive, that he'll find the best way to end things quickly.

Dennis, is this what you mean by "leaving a mark"? You stroke a lasting impression to Sebastian."

At the first corner, Rebecca's Impreza dives its nose to the sand.

15559623796_d3587b80fa_c.jpg

Rebecca: "Oh shoot! Understeer!"

Dennis: "My turn now, Rebecca! This is the true me! This is what I'm truly capable of!"

15397188298_cd3d312094_c.jpg

Rebecca: "Impressive turning ability! The wonders of a lightweight car really start to show."

15397692190_05df02c8f5_c.jpg

Indeed she's right, as Dennis keeps spreading the gap.

15397294967_0bd0e58933_c.jpg

15583299725_b66eac19db_c.jpg

Rebecca: "I cannot keep up, can I? You clearly won, Dennis. Are you happy now?"

Just as Dennis cruises his way to victory, he thinks back what he said to Rebecca, even the slap he received from her, and then Rob's advice.

Dennis: "I had second thoughts even before I partake in this race. Brother is right... I have to make decisions and execute them with a clear conscience.

I have done too much to her...."

15559620616_651562a025_c.jpg

And Dennis pulls up a surprise to everyone watching - he steps on the brakes until the car is at the complete halt.

Rob: "What in the world?"

Dennis: "My mind is made up. I have already decided before this race started..."

15396686109_073ff8ebc6_c.jpg

With that, Dennis gave away his one chance of being in a racing team. Rebecca crosses the line, also surprised.

15583297945_f9fcb1d4d2_c.jpg

Rebecca: "What has he done? Why did he have to halt?"

The two racers have returned in the pit lane. Sebastian approaches the brothers.

Sebastian: "Why did you have to give it to Rebecca?"

Dennis: "I cannot start my career with past grudges. If I win, I could have sunk lower. She deserves to be in your team a lot more than I do. She may have done something wrong, but two wrongs won't make a right.

I have so much to learn in life, sir. I want to start in a clean slate. Well, I want to revive my father's legacy in a fresh, new way. Brother and I will do it the way we see fit.

And with all the cleaning done, I can find another team to be with. If I am going to be in a team, I must be very well-prepared, and have done all the necessary training. I have yet to reach my brother's level.

But I am very thankful to your generous proposition. I appreciate it."

Sebastian: "But your performance is a lot promising. You left an impression."

Dennis: "That's what I am intending to do. For me, a trophy, medal, or a cash prize are just bonuses. True victory lies when you've given your best in your performance and saw the light. Starting one's path doesn't always have to be a win. The most important thing is the process, and I will use it to learn."

Sebastian: "Very well said! If that's your decision, then I must respect it."

Sebastian then leaves and then Rebecca now takes her turn to talk.

Rebecca: "You don't have to do this. You could have a better life ahead of you."

Dennis: "I don't want people viewing me as the one carrying grudges. I could have won, but that will leave an impression to you, that I rub it in. I don't want that. I want to win cleanly.

You deserve to be in his team, and you will learn a lot more.

This may be the last time we'll be seeing each other, Rebecca. And I want to part ways nicely. Let's just move on and forget the past."

Rebecca: "Exactly. I wish you a good life ahead. See you around."

Then she meets up with her new manager to discuss.

Rob: "Well, what do you know? I never knew my little brother is philosophical. You got a brain, after all.

So, what are you going to do next?"

Dennis: "Train. I have to keep on training. I have to be in a team, very prepared. I don't have to be a member in the team you're in right now. I want my own path, and I have to start it fresh."

Rob: "Enough talking. Let's just go home. Mother will cook lunch for today."

Time: 3 pm, Saturday

Rob has arrived in Germany the day before, still taking advantage of the vacation he was granted after the mission.

His one goal: To break the record set by Takuma's Zonda R. After all, he is challenging the world.

Before he could enter the track, however, he installs number stickers on his X-Bow R.

The number in question? Of course the Dream Alliance's racing number - 69.

14962574254_7de9f76870_c.jpg

15580649661_3496210393_c.jpg

Rob: "There, all set. This car carries the number that the racing world shall fear. I must continue challenging the world, proudly carrying the team's name and number."

15584142802_b875a2c6d4_c.jpg

He enters the Nordschleife loop, reserved by Nigel for the task. After wearing his racing overalls, Rob enters in his car, and Nigel stands at the pit lane recording the time.

Upon seeing Rob's KTM crossing the line, Nigel starts his built-in stop watch.

14962571784_69af12cd9f_c.jpg

Rob:
"Let's go, little crossbow. Let's hit the target bulls-eye."

15397685540_663de1b5d1_c.jpg

Sparing no moment for mistakes, Rob grips the steering wheel firmly, a sign of his unwavering determination to break the lap record.

With that, the X-Bow R flies through the corners.... Rob's personal conquest has just begun.

End of Page 16

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I have decided to extend this a bit - by squeezing in Rob's Nurburgring lap run attempting to break the record.

- I don't know if there is a "DA" in the British license plate codes. Whether there is or not, The X-BOW R's new license plate is intended to be a vanity plate, a sign of Rob's proud membership in the Dream Alliance.

Theres a website of British number plate regional identifiers here. I saw that "DA" is in there.

Page 17 - Wolf vs. Dragon

Time: 10 pm

Just a few documents to finish. Man... I have to submit all of these tomorrow for the magazine. I'm behind the deadline. And I'm the only one behind, as the rest have submitted all their articles.

Yawn.... I need sleep. My wife is already asleep, and so does our little Shin at the crib.

Suddenly, my phone rings. Seriously, who calls at the middle of the night? Unless if that person is in a different time zone, such as Europe.

And I am right. It's Nigel. What's up?

Nigel: "Apologies if I have disturbed you. Are you sleeping?"

Takuma: "I am about to sleep. Why did you call?"

Nigel: "Mr. Rob Hatch is currently at the Nordschleife, attempting to beat the lap time set by your Zonda R. I am the one doing the recording."

Takuma: "I see. Let me know the lap time by tomorrow morning, at 9 am local time. Thank you very much."

Nigel: "Always looking forward to help you. But are you okay with a little competition?"

Takuma: "Nigel, friends sometimes compete against each other. It's just normal for them to outdo each other. It's a healthy way to boost up your skills, especially in our field of racing."

I know what I just said, but why Rob is now attempting to beat the record set by Mr. Pagani? He had beaten the records of Takanori and Nobuhiko. A little competition won't hurt, but...

Takuma: "Thank you for letting me know. I have to sleep now, as I have done so much work for the entire day."

Nigel: "Have a pleasant night."

I ended the conversation with anxiety. What is Rob trying to do?

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I suggest you play this Initial D Eurobeat music as you read this section. It adds spice. :lol:

Time: 3 pm

Rob begins is record-breaking attempt. Both the KTM X-Bow R and the Pagani Zonda R are built for the race track, but the latter is more purpose-built, while the former nods its street-legal status.

It's a challenge for Rob, especially that the Zonda R has more downforce and power.

15397685540_663de1b5d1_c.jpg

15405574939_85d1dec811_c.jpg

Rob: "What's lacking in aerodynamic efficiency, more than makes up for in lightness and precision. My father was an avid follower of Colin Chapman, and he firmly believes that less means more!"

The KTM hit 315 km/h at that brief high speed section and then he slams his foot on the brake pedal. Such an impressive feat of speed and stability for something that has 535 horsepower and with notoriously twitchy handling characteristics.

14972049323_f3f9d1cc37_c.jpg

The X-Bow R graces through the Aremberg at 130 km/h, faster than the cornering speed of most racing cars can achieve.

15406195447_db06dd0755_c.jpg

Rob: "Takuma's Zonda R has a lot more power. Bring it on, then."

15406195107_487d0f8af2_c.jpg

Shifting up to 4th gear, the lightweight car still accelerates like a bullet being fired.

Weight really plays a key role in a car's performance. Manufacturers who race their cars even spend so much just to make their racing cars lighter, though of course compromises have to be made.

14971455164_904e3720c4_c.jpg

Rob: "Pagani Huayra? Bugatti Veyron? And those 3 hyper hybrids? They all been left kneeling for mercy by this car!

With that, I should have no excuse as to why would this be slower than a Zonda R!"

He had been overconfident though, as he missed the apex at the next hairpin.

15568509296_46213bca83_c.jpg

Rob: "Shoot. I've been such an arse. No worries though, there are still plenty of corners to prove myself."

The speed once again climbs back up, immediately reaching around 270 km/h at this short straight.

15406090238_ff0c7ee52b_c.jpg

Rob: "Takuma, I have recognized your skill so much and earned my respect when you defeated me. But that doesn't mean I will just sit down and wallow at my loss.

I have been put down so much in the past, and it's just time for me to spring back up to where I was!

I AM EUROPE'S FASTEST RACER! And pretty soon, THE WORLD SHALL RECOGNIZE ME."

15406587420_c7078ed208_c.jpg

Rob: "Dragons are far too big and slow. A wolf, on the other hand...

...is nimble on its feet! That's why I shall proudly carry on my father's title - The Werewolf!"

End of Page 17

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Next page will be final part of the record-breaking attempt.

- Also, on the next page, another Initial D Eurobeat music will be inserted. Yeah, Eurobeats are just so much lively than any of GT6's race BGM. And with that, almost all my Personal BGM playing during the races are Initial D Eurobeats and some m.o.v.e's Initial D Opening songs.

A fitting music to end this time trial! Now playing: Wheel Power & Go

Page 18 - Shatter

Rob finds no trouble in clearing the Karrusell hairpin. The KTM's exit speed is simply marvelous...

15601439152_fe5b69b611_c.jpg

Rob: "I bet the Zonda R is having some bit of trouble here. Traction is important in this section."

15414606787_f87266084f_c.jpg

14979861604_0f8e74c01b_c.jpg

Rob: "Let's just see... who's going to have the last laugh."

The X-Bow R hits 170 km/h at this corner that is known to be a trap, usually sending cars to the sand.

Even Rob shifts up to the next gear.

15414489988_45f0765b45_c.jpg

And then, now entering the corners before the long straight, they look deceiving.

15415004140_dfa0293a67_c.jpg

15414489458_b9ce32158d_c.jpg

Rob: "Even I'm waiting for this - the long straight!"

Exiting from the Galgenkopf, the X-Bow quickly accelerates to 300 km/h.... and climbing. 315.... 320... 325...

It may seem impossible for something that only has 535 horsepower, considering the drag coefficient. But once again, lightness prevails.

15600596785_26ee00a5d3_c.jpg

Rob: "I can't believe this... is it this fast??? I'm having a tunnel vision!"

The gentle Tiergarten tested the car's high speed stability, and the X-Bow passes with flying colors.

14980441773_e5591efeb0_c.jpg

330 km/h.... then 335 km/h. Rob hits the brakes approaching that tricky uphill after that high speed cruise. Mess up, and he'll be sent flying to the morgue.

After tiptoeing its way in Hohenrain, Rob buries his right foot on the accelerator, performing the final charge.

14980441433_06aecc1381_c.jpg

It completes the lap in...

15601435192_a24cd92728_c.jpg

Nigel: "KTM X-Bow R.
6 minutes and 21.605 seconds."

For Rob though, he has yet to know. All he know is, that he poured everything he had.

He stops at the first corner, makes a u-turn and enters the pit lane.

Then he takes off his helmet as Nigel approaches him.

Nigel: "Congratulations. You are 4 seconds faster. 6 minutes and 21.605 seconds!"

Rob: "You're joking, right?"

Nigel: "Robots don't make jokes. This is real! Your car is 4 seconds faster than the Zonda R!"

Rob: "Bloody hell... I actually did it.

Report that to Takuma. I'm going. See ya later."

He starts up the car and then he leaves the circuits premises...

...with his smug face once again.

Location: Motoring Weekly Office, Nishi-Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Time: 9 am, the next day

Great... I can't believe I am heading to work... ON A SUNDAY!!!

Well, not really work. The Editor-In-Chief is in the office, waiting for me to submit my articles for the next issue. All I have to do is submit my USB.

And then go back home to pick up Mom, my wife and kids and head to the church. All is well, then.

The moment I entered the building, I felt a slight gust of wind coming in. Huh... that's odd.

And then my phone in my pocket vibrates, I'm sure it's Nigel...

Takuma: "Hello? Nigel?"

Nigel: "Before I can shut down, please allow me to report the lap time set by your friend, as you instructed.

He has defeated your Zonda R's time. 4 seconds faster. 6 minutes and 21 seconds."

WHAT THE?!? Even though I wasn't the one who set the record lap time in my Zonda R, that's just astonishing! That KTM X-Bow R is such a rascal!

But what's even more shocking, is that Rob pulled that off. Damn... I overlooked his skills all along. I've had a tough race with him once, but I have no idea he is much more capable!

So, that adds to the list of my worthy opponents: Takuma Sato, Nobuhiko Hiramoto, and then...

...Rob Hatch.

Someday, I will beat all three of you. Keep teasing the dragon, and you'll see its wrath very soon!

End of Page 18

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Next page will be the last page of the entry.

- Surprised by the lap time? Well, it was hard to pull it off. The important thing is, that I have found the solution to my problem of a maxed out KTM X-Bow. It's equipped with Racing Hard tires for the run.

- I may post the tune for Rob's X-Bow R upon request.

Last edited:
Page 19 - Back on Track

Location: Motoring Weekly Office, Nishi-Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan

It's Monday... and everyone hates it, since it's back to work again. We all have to face it.

But for me, I have something more to deal with. It's Rob... simply put, he's on fire. He had smashed our personal lap records. I wonder what got inside him...

Takuma: "Takanori... it's dead air in here."

Takanori: "We all feel mopey right now."

Nobuyuki: "To think, Rob managed to smash all our lap records."

Nobuhiko: "And he's getting faster, at an enormous rate, while we're here stuck in work."

Takuma: "Rob has another mean of living, you know? So it's all fair, it's just that something set his soul on fire."

Takanori: "Probably his determination to get his career back. He lives for speed, like the rest of us."

Nobuhiko: "Oyaji selected him to represent us in the whole of Europe. Pretty soon, he'll be a celebrity."

Takuma: "Is that so?"

Nobuyuki: "Well, that's to save money, of course. Since we have a racer native in that continent, and familiar to all race circuits there, we might as well make him represent our team. We don't have to drag ourselves all the way to Europe, unless it's a major FIA organized championship."

Takuma: "That makes sense, especially that there are small races going on in Europe right now, and we needed someone to represent."

Takanori: "But, what about his little brother?"

Takuma: "Never heard anything from him. If I have the time, then I'll check them out."

Nobuhiko: "Though I am always wondering... is it okay for teammates to have competition?"

Takuma: "Nobuhiko, thanks to my brief stay in The Proteges, let me tell you that it's effective. It's one way to boost overall skill.

Simple, when one improves, then the other must exert more effort to outdo that person.

You might be fearing that we'll lose our friendship that way, and yes it is possible.

But, just like in medicine, you have to take it in recommended dosage. A "healthy dose" of competition is what the doctor ordered."

You must have been aware with that for long, Nobuhiko. Or have you forgotten our destined battle?

Time: 9 am

Rob is at the MI6 headquarters, just at his desk, staring at the large monitor of his computer, waiting for orders. Most paperwork were done before the past weekend.

His colleague, Mark throws a Rubik's Cube and Rob manages to catch it.

Mark: "Kill your boredom."

Rob: "Will try."

Mark: "So, any idea for your next mission?"

Rob: "I'm still observing Nash and Nina. Both must be free from danger. Those clients will do everything to get their hands on those robots.

Nash is back in the U.S.A, while Nina is still here, looking after Adrian. All may seem normal, but it isn't over."

Mark: "I'm sure you're itching to hear Sir Conrad's orders, aren't you?"

Rob: "I always prefer a good fight. Having your reflexes alert is a good exercise."

Mark: "I think, you can destroy this building all by yourself."

Rob: "Exaggerations aren't really my cup of tea, but let's see."

Rob's phone rings, it's Hiroyuki on the other line. The latter is cooking dinner....

Rob: "Mr. Hiroyuki. Good evening, sir."

Hiroyuki: "Good morning there, Rob. So I've heard you set a new lap record in the Nurburgring. Takuma is right to include you in the team all along. You're such a beast."

Rob: "Doing this for the team too, sir. It's not just my personal goal on stake here."

Hiroyuki: "How's your little brother doing?"

Rob: "He's currently in Switzerland, participating in a race. He belongs to a neophyte racing team. He believes that it's a good start for him."

15607600965_1e4caf40ca_c.jpg

Rob: "He believes his experience can inspire his peers. Well, I am a supportive brother, and I say do whatever he thinks will make him happy."

15583926996_3ac714a9c4_c.jpg

Rob: "He's no longer within my grasp now, and I am happy that he had grown as a better person overall. He's getting faster each day, I believe."

15604940021_e11f1eff21_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "I wish him good luck. Now, how about you? Are you prepared for the annual Brands Hatch Challenge?"

Rob: "More than ever, Mr. Hiroyuki."

A week later, Rob takes part in the annual Brands Hatch Challenge, wherein serious racing cars gather to prove themselves.

15608439342_f3c104dfe9_c.jpg

And as usual, Rob sticks to the racing style inherited from his father - pit a lightweight, modestly-powered car against proven thoroughbreds.

15604938991_995680ab4a_c.jpg

Rob: "The Werewolf's path to carnage officially begins. I'm back."

One Week Later, in the hills of Matterhorn, Switzerland...

14986859814_75a1ba3e26_c.jpg

15583924536_aac289345b_c.jpg

15583924026_ec70efda53_c.jpg

THE END

UP NEXT: PASSIONE ITALIA
Part 1 - The Real Passion

PASSIONE ITALIA

Part 1: The Real Passion

What is passion? Is it something that we do repeatedly? Or is it something that stirs emotion whenever we do a thing?

That is the question that plagues a young man who has an amazing talent, yet fail to see any enjoyment from it due to unfortunate circumstances. He is now in a limbo, as someone draws him to the other world...

...the world of speed.

Page 1 - Yuki's Break

Time: 6 pm

"Okay, it's time to pack up! Good work, everyone! All data shall be used for the development!"

For Yuki Kanonji, it means going home. The car that his mother developed also acts as a mule for Honda's future sports cars.

He enjoys a long break after a month of running in circles in the Nordschleife. He needs it, and deep within, he wants to actually drive around Europe using that car, thanks to Takuma's stories about the continent.

Yuki: "I will use this break to gauge public reaction of this new NSX. Hmmmm.... where to go first?"

That will be answered later on, as he heads to a restaurant first for dinner...

Time: 6 pm

In the suburbs of Milan, there is a town filled with restaurants and boutiques, along with good townsfolk.

Just north of the activity center, is a village on the hills, with houses viewing the bustling town.

In a small, two-story house, there are two people residing, a 16 year-old to be exact. His name is Giuseppe Rossi.

Giuseppe is in his room, filled with artworks. Some even have gold medals on them. He is currently working on a canvass.

On the left side, is half of a house overlooking a lake, with dark colors. But on the other side.... it's just empty.

And with that, Giuseppe is finished, calls it a day. He goes downstairs to join Millena Rossi for dinner. Millena is Giuseppe's cousin, acting as a sister figure for him and living together ever since Giuseppe's parents died in a tragic sea mishap.

Millena: "Are you done painting?"

Giuseppe: "Yes. I'll call it a day. I want to sleep early, as I'm tired."

Millena: "I see. But you don't have school tomorrow, you know?"

Giuseppe: "Home, school, home, then paint... I find them repetitive already. It's like... they're boring."

Millena: "Aren't you enjoying painting?"

Giuseppe: "What's the use of enjoying it, anyway? You get dirty all the time, and your room will be filled with works that can only be viewed with one's eye. You don't eat it, you only see it. You just stare at it."

Millena: "But a beautiful painting is immortal, and it will be remembered forever. I know you've been like this ever since your parents died, but even so, why are you still doing it, if you don't enjoy it anymore?"

Giuseppe: "Because that's the only thing I'm good at. If do nothing the entire day, everything will be lifeless for me. Painting might just keep my sanity.

And that other thing, the way uncle Alessandro drives his cars. But I sometimes don't get why people get excited on it, when death is just around the corner when they do it."

Millena: "Well, simply put, he enjoys driving. No matter what might happen to him, he will keep on doing it.

That's his passion. Your painting... is your passion."

Giuseppe: "Passion? What really is it? For me, it's just like doing things repetitively. I just don't get that word."

Time: 6 am, the next day

Yuki has been traveling after dinner. He decides to go to Italy, since the development team will return to Japan, anyway, and they allowed him to take a vacation.

15623194145_fde852b7f2_c.jpg

Getting sleepy, he decides to stop by at an inn just to sleep.

He immediately goes to his room and sleep after checking in. He can see his car outside, by the window, and notices some people taking photos of it. But he doesn't mind it at all and closes his eyes.

At 3 pm, he wakes up, and decides to check out. However, he is greeted by an unexpected friend, the rain.

He hurriedly puts his bag at the passenger seat of his car and then drives off.

Yuki: "Hmmmm.... I wonder where can I stay in Italy?"

He gets off the highway and passes by the hills. Nostalgia suddenly hits him.

15599505676_d4f26a8ab2_c.jpg

Yuki: "I remember, I had a race here last year. I raced an alumnus from a racing school. The rain adds up to that nostalgia."

Yuki steps on it, just to enjoy driving in this mountain pass.

15437066268_e7cc337708_c.jpg

Yuki: "Mom... I'm sure you enjoyed doing this too. Driving is such an enjoyable hobby, isn't it?"

He steers abruptly, and the NSX drifts with countersteer. But the SH-4WD system assists him in stability.

15437065308_0b73ae63d9_c.jpg

Yuki: "The 4WD kicks in whenever slip happens. The electric motors power the front wheels in a specific gear. I had also set this up to be very close to a RWD car."

15599503436_82757eff47_c.jpg

Yuki: "Stability is really impressive. The engineers truly got it, they know my mother's wishes."

A very noisy car is having a run at this track for plenty of laps. Its screams can be heard even from afar...

15002969544_145ac1bf66_c.jpg

Driving this car is none other than Horacio Pagani, and the car is from one of his distinguished customers - Takuma Kanonji.

It's now named as the Zonda 800R Ryu. Ryu means Dragon in Japanese, which symbolizes Takuma.

Takuma had actually requested for a color change, the same color as the Nissan 2020. That shade of purple is his favorite. But then Takuma disapproved of the DRS, preserving the original looks.

15437092829_d112caed0e_c.jpg

Horacio Pagani: "I'm really surprised, how this car's lap time at the Nurburgring got defeated. I'm sure Signore Kanonji did not like it."

15437187957_d5158ce008_c.jpg

Horacio Pagani: "But no matter... this car's newfound strength shall take back its crown! But of course, Takuma has to do it.

For now, I might consider removing that sticker..."

Mr. Pagani carries on with the testing, as the settings must be finalized at the end of the day.

End of Page 1

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I have made the decision of not adding the DRS nor painting the rims in black. They are time consuming, and instead, I have repainted the car in Night Shade and added that Nurburgring lap time sticker.

- OP is updated as well. Check the spoiler tag under Passione Italia for the characters that will appear.

Page 2 - Kindred Spirits

Time: 9 am, the next day

Millena wakes up, an hour later than Giuseppe did. She walks to his room to check if her cousin is awake. She is surprised that he made the bed. But what surprises her more, is the half-finished canvass.

Millena: "Why did he only draw half of the artwork? The right side is completely blank."

Then she hears a car starting up, and rushes downstairs. It turns out that her father, Alessandro, is taking Giuseppe out. She just shakes her head in disappointment.

Millena: "Oh dear... my father will exploit Giuseppe again. This is clearly not right."

In the TZ3 Stradale, Giuseppe just gazes at the trees as they travel by.

Alessandro: "Have you eaten breakfast already?"

Giuseppe: "Not really. But it doesn't matter to me."

Alessandro: "Let's have some runs in Monza."

Giuseppe: "Sure. Anything to kill boredom especially on a Sunday."

Alessandro: "I just wish you take off that unenthusiastic look. This is why I am exposing you to things that excite people."

Giuseppe: "Maybe I could find something more meaningful to do."

Alessandro: "Are you giving up your painting? As far as I know, many people are interested in visiting your home to see your pieces."

Giuseppe: "Sometimes, it's tiring to see those people. I only finished half of my latest artwork last night, and I never bothered to continue. Maybe this is slowly dying."

Alessandro: "Hmmmmm...."

They arrived at Monza, and upon finishing registration, Giuseppe is surprised by Yuki's presence.

Giuseppe: "That man again..."

Alessandro: "Him? What's with Yuki? Oh, by the way, his name is Yuki Kanonji, one of the members of Dream Alliance."

Giuseppe: "I felt something once again. It's like... we're the same."

Alessandro: "Huh?"

Then Yuki proceeds to do a run with his NSX, then the duo just head out of the pit garage to watch.

15011719363_c35832a69e_c.jpg

Giuseppe:
"Look at that car. It's as if it enjoys what its doing. It always looks fresh..."

15608182506_51cf917fc2_c.jpg

Alessandro:
"Sometimes, I find you vague. What's with you and your statements?"

Then they see it once again at the main straight.

15446305580_e7afd1d4a0_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "There's always that fire that burns within him. It's as if he has found his passion. The passion of driving, that is."

15608181546_91fc786d08_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "Maybe I could befriend him, and find out how was he able to find his passion in life. That is something I'm always curious about. How to find your passion?

The moment I first saw him, it's as if he sent a message."

Alessandro: "You're just hungry. I'll buy you a sandwich in a cafe. Just stay here."

After a few more laps, Yuki decides to let the car cool down by returning to the pit lane, and as well check the setup.

Giuseppe, with his heart beating faster, slowly approaches Yuki. He gathers up courage to start a conversation.

Giuseppe: "Ummm.... uh.... excuse me?"

Yuki: "Oh. May I help you?"

Giuseppe: "You speak English clearly. Such a nice car you have. What car is it?"

Yuki: "This is basically the prototype version of the upcoming Honda NSX. I'm working hard to actually finish it for production."

Giuseppe: "At least you have the passion for your work, to think you intend on finishing it. I, on the other hand, just completed half of my latest art work."

Yuki: "Artwork?"

Giuseppe: "Oh I'm sorry. I must have strayed from the topic. May I ask, how long have you been driving?"

Yuki: "Since 7th grade. I was only 13 by then. So that makes 7 years."

Giuseppe: "I was painting alone when I was 13, even without the guidance of my late parents."

Yuki: "Sorry to hear that. Oh, what's your name, by the way?"

Giuseppe:
"Giuseppe Rossi. Nice to meet you."

Yuki: "Yuki Kanonji. Nice to meet you too."

Giuseppe slowly reaches out his hand, and upon making contact on Yuki's hand, Giuseppe felt something that shook him to the core.

Giuseppe: "What's this very cold feeling? He may have the passion for driving, but... what is this sudden coldness? Where's that fire I just saw a while back?"

Yuki: "You look very young. How old are you?"

Giuseppe: "16 years old. May I ask another question?"

Yuki: "Sure, what is it?"

Giuseppe: "How did you find your passion for driving?"

Yuki: "Passion for driving?"

Before the conversation could continue, Alessandro arrives with the food.

Alessandro: "Oh, making friends with Yuki? He's a nice man."

Giuseppe: "Let's have the run. I'll eat my sandwich later."

Alessandro: "Sorry, Giuseppe and I will have some laps. Can you wait for him?"

Yuki: "I don't mind at all."

Then Yuki is greeted by surprise, as he sees Giuseppe entering the driver side of the TZ3 Stradale.

Yuki: "He can drive already???"

They just drive off, leaving Yuki still in shock.

15608181066_2f693172e6_c.jpg

15445245709_2e8ca97c9a_c.jpg

However, the face of shock has turned into a grin.

Yuki:
"Heh... looks like I have found a kindred spirit. You're quite fascinating, Giuseppe."

End of Page 2

Page 3 - Giuseppe's New Friend

Yuki has discovered that Giuseppe has the ability to drive, even though the young man is 2 years short of having a driver's license.

But for him, it is no matter. That man reminded him of his younger self, having a promising driving ability in a tender age.

Yuki: "I might have found a kindred spirit. But I can't pass judgement yet."

Meanwhile, Alessandro is guiding Giuseppe in the race lines of the track.

15021050004_a257906ec7_c.jpg

Alessandro: "Okay, then step on the brake gently now."

The young man executes it exactly as his uncle told, and then heel-and-toes as he down shifts to 2nd gear for the chicane.

Alessandro: "Just be gentle on the accelerator and steering..."

But of course, everyone makes mistakes. Though it was only little, as the car's left tires hit the sand, but escaped immediately.

15455668908_c88181224e_c.jpg

Giuseppe is having deep thoughts as he drives along...

Giuseppe: "How did that Japanese man enjoy driving so much? He and his car look very determined during their run."

15642629392_03cd8b7c2e_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "Why does he drive so fast? Is it because of confidence?"

15642628682_c5838b819e_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "Why are there people like him? Who never fear death even though it's right in front of them?"

15455147709_356fe39841_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "I just don't get it at all. They might end up losing their lives like my parents did."

Passing by the main straight, Yuki makes an observation.

15639109821_70da9c6ec5_c.jpg

Yuki: "The way that car passed by... it isn't the type of fast that is the result of confidence. It looks too artificial.

It's the car that runs fast. The driver, however.... I don't sense any energy from him."

15021046474_47814c0e26_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "I don't understand it at all..."

Alessandro: "What?"

Giuseppe: "I'll enter the pit stop. I just don't feel like driving at all."

What Alessandro can only do is to nod. Their run ended prematurely.

Yuki is surprised by their arrival. Upon stopping, Giuseppe once again approaches him.

Yuki: "What's wrong? Why did you have to stop?"

Giuseppe: "I just don't feel like it. And I also don't understand.... how someone like you can enjoy something that can result in danger. You just enjoy doing this not knowing your life is in danger."

Yuki: "I'm just used to it. All race car drivers are aware that death is just waiting at the front door."

Giuseppe: "I see... Hey, ummmmm.... How about meeting you tomorrow? By the way, where do you stay?"

Yuki: "I stay in a small hotel in Milan. I am just taking advantage of this vacation."

Giuseppe: "Perfect! We can meet early in the morning. I'll skip school."

Yuki: "You're going to skip school for that?"

Giuseppe: "There is a chance I'll learn something better than the usual tomorrow. I'll be waiting at the Palazzo Milano City Hall tomorrow, then we'll head to the alps.

I want to see your "enjoyment". Your passion."

Yuki: "All right. Better than doing nothing, I suppose. Okay then, see you tomorrow."

The next day, at the appointed time and place, Yuki sees Giuseppe and the latter immediately gets in the car.

Giuseppe: "I'm glad you made it."

Yuki: "So, where to? The Alps?"

Giuseppe: "Yes, oh, the mountain pass we'll be heading to is more of a street circuit instead of a point-to-point, as it is made up of different streets that were linked together. I usually go there with Uncle Alessandro, and as such it is my training ground."

Yuki: "Training ground? You sound like me."

Giuseppe: "What?"

Yuki: "You'll find out when we reach there."

Meanwhile, back in Millena's home, she wakes up rather late again, and when she enters Giuseppe's room, it's organized as usual, but she sees a note on his bed."

Millena: "I am going to skip school as I will meet a friend." Oh great... what's this kid up to?"

She notices the canvass once again, only to see the right half of the house and the lake background being pencil drawn only, having yet to be painted.

Millena: "He actually started the right half. Will he continue it?"

In the Alps, Giuseppe gives directions where to start. When they reach a straightaway...

15456223950_a8b1369678_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "You can start here."

Yuki steps on the accelerator. The electric motors provide immense thrust for the 3.5 liter V6, resulting in blistering acceleration.

For Giuseppe, however, he felt something different.

15455665108_2228842a8d_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "What is this? This feeling is not from the car...

....it's from the driver! This sudden surge, what is this? Is this his way of enjoying it?!? Is this how racers embrace driving?

And also, even though I sense confidence from him, there is another side of him which is more dominant!

It's like... I'M SITTING BESIDE A GRIM REAPER!"

End of Page 3

Page 4 - Enjoyment

(Background Music for this page)

Yuki begins his attack on the mountain pass, leaving Giuseppe hanging on to his seat in fear.

15029981954_45a2e71935_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "Up next is an uphill slope leading to a blind corner. You must brake there."

15464766777_db4a293b4f_c.jpg

It's as if Yuki hasn't listened, his foot is still on the throttle, while approaching the said slope.

15464766387_b918f9f81d_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "Is he an idiot or what?!? We're going too fast!"

Then Yuki stabs on the brakes, and thanks to the NSX's SH-AWD, it remained composed at the next corner.

15648047301_c4e574fac9_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "Is this what he calls his "passion"? He is crazier than a typical race car driver. Even my cousin Millena won't do something like this!

Hey, hit the brakes! We're turning right!"

15029979544_c732cbc7f7_c.jpg

However, Yuki just shows a grin on his face.

Yuki: "You may guide me on the streets here, but I can tell where and when to brake."

Giuseppe: "He already knows the braking points?!?

Okay, next is an uphill stretch."

15627025016_61775a0eee_c.jpg

Yuki: "It seems this NSX won't have a problem in uphills. Gotta add that further for the research."

Giuseppe: "Such an impressive car for this place. Up next is a high speed curve..."

15464764047_08e3bf1662_c.jpg

Yuki: "You know, all mountain roads bow before me."

Giuseppe: "What do you mean?"

15651561462_317aa18f94_c.jpg

Yuki: "My entire 7 years of driving was devoted in driving in the mountains. My talent grew there. So every feature there is in a mountain road is familiar to me."

15627022746_0ec2457fd7_c.jpg

Returning the road where they started, Yuki finally backs off the throttle.

Yuki: "So this makes one complete lap, eh? Interesting."

Giuseppe: "Even though he drove here for the first time, he's not intimidated by this course! It took me months mastering this track.

What's his secret? How can he accomplish that? How can he drive with such confidence, that he laughs at the face of death?"

Yuki: "I'm thirsty. Let's stop over."

They stopped by at a cafe. Both ordered coffee.

Giuseppe: "You truly are skilled. Even though it's your first time here, you completed a lap without incident."

Yuki: "Believing yourself is key. That belief that you have the ability to win."

Giuseppe: "You know, you were about to answer the question I asked you when we first met.

What is "passion" for you?"

Yuki: "Oh, that...

It's simple. Passion is something that evokes your emotions when you do something. You put your heart into it every time you do that action. Like for my case, driving is a passion of mine.

Because I find joy in it, and a sense of accomplishment. I am aligned to it, since I am into cars anyway.

What about you? What's your passion?"

Giuseppe: "Unfortunately... I don't have one."

Yuki: "Every person born has a passion for something. You have one. You are not a robot."

Giuseppe: "I don't know. I just don't get it. That accomplishment you just said, I just can't find it whenever I stroke my pen and dipped the brush on to the paint.

For driving, I just don't understand why someone like you would enjoy driving so fast. Is thrill the reason?"

Yuki: "You have accomplished something the moment you complete your drawing. Then you'll accomplish another when you give it color. You gave life to it.

That is passion. You give life to what you're doing."

Giuseppe: "Giving life to what I'm doing...

But how am I supposed to do that, when the persons encouraging me to do so, are gone? Millena is not a painter, nor does Uncle Alessandro.

On the other hand, Uncle does show me a new lease in life. I'm slowly finding happiness in driving, but then, I simply cannot turn my back on painting, either."

Yuki: "You know, you cannot serve two masters at the same time, Giuseppe. Find something that makes you feel accomplishment. And ask yourself, what are you truly committed to? The answer you'll come up with, will become your true passion."

Then the waitress serves their cups of coffee.

Yuki: "Now, let's enjoy our coffee, shall we?"

While slurping, Giuseppe has thoughts...

Giuseppe: "This guy... clearly has found his passion. What about me? What is my true passion?"

End of Page 4

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Coming soon in Part 2:

15651560462_7ae3749dc5_c.jpg

Horacio Pagani's Zonda C12 S 7.3

(Note: The license plate is totally different from the one on his real-life car. This is to respect privacy)

- I forgot to mention that Part 1 will be short, only comprising just 1 duel. Part 2 will be longer for sure, and will have 2 duels.

- Then that Zonda will definitely do battle against another car. It's not just for show. For me, it is just not right when you feature a car in a racing story that never participated in a race. It's a big no-no in racing stories.

Back