Takuma Gaiden II: Road to America (Pt. 2) - Page 31: LFA's Song

• Thread starter RCKakashi14
  • 1,053 comments
I really like the soundtrack you have put with it now! Great chapter too. :D I'l try add that to mine too (Maybe some TXR songs :sly:)

Page 5 - Decision

Time: 8 am, the next day

Yuki is awakened by the ringing of his phone. It's Takuma calling him.

Yuki: "Great... what does the samurai want?

Hello?"

Takuma: "Is it morning there? Sorry if I woke you up."

Yuki: "It's nothing. Why did you call?"

Takuma: "I will head there in Milan. I want to settle something. I can't believe that I am facing against an internet troll. But more importantly, it's about my Zonda R. Mr. Pagani contacted me last night."

How long will you be there, if I may ask?"

Yuki: "I was given a month-long vacation by Honda. So I plan in staying in Italy for quite long, unless I go to another country."

Takuma: "Is it okay if you wait for me? We can travel together if you wish."

Yuki: "I'm fine with it."

Time: 7 pm

Alessandro has picked up Giuseppe from school, and they head to the mountain pass as Millena has yet to arrive home from her work.

Upon arriving at the base, they switch places, Giuseppe now behind the wheel.

The young man hits the accelerator with confidence, since he's very well versed on this road, anyway.

(Background Music starts here)

15658766282_0198694068_c.jpg

At the tricky uphill slope, Giuseppe hits the brakes later than usual. Having been inspired, probably.

15658765912_d30f2d361a_c.jpg

Alessandro: "Hehehehehe... you used to hesitate here. Now you know the exact braking point here. Did you learn something from Yuki?"

15471974947_3ec536bf2d_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "I just observed his movements, that's why."

Once again, the young driver suddenly had thoughts...

15471974557_c73635a60f_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "I want to have that kind of determination. Yuki is a prime example of someone being passionate!"

15472398080_95897322d7_c.jpg

15471799568_c8f5d0a851_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "I want to be like him! That way, I have finally taken back that passion I lost."

15655282351_c5e1bf1b68_c.jpg

Alessandro notices his nephew's improvement in driving skills. He is surprised by the boy's sudden increase in confidence.

15037790333_732fd46b88_c.jpg

Alessandro: "Hehe. Well done, Giuseppe. In time, you'll be further feared by the street racers here."

Giuseppe hits the brakes until the car halts to a stop.

15472392840_e483c0a2a6_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "Uncle... there is someone I want to race. I never felt this excited in years."

Alessandro: "Who is he?"

Giuseppe: "Yuki Kanonji. He is the man that showed me the way."

Time: 8 pm

Giuseppe and Alessandro recounted their run a while back, after having dinner. Millena strikes a violent reaction.

Millena: "YOU WHAT?!?"

Giuseppe: "I never felt this alive. That young Japanese driver opened my eyes."

Millena: "This is ridiculous. Giuseppe, can you leave me and your uncle alone? We have to talk. Go to your room, please."

The young man can only comply.

Millena: "Father, what is this?!? Why are you encouraging this to him?!"

Alessandro: "It's much better than him being lonely forever."

Millena: "There is more to the world of racing than just street racing! What if he gets killed, huh?!?"

The father and daughter do not realize that Giuseppe is eavesdropping, sitting on the top step of the staircase.

Alessandro: "I am teaching him the basics."

Millena: "But that's not enough! Giuseppe has so much to live for! He is about to finish this one beautiful piece of art in his room! People recognize him more as a painter. The world knows him! He is about to rekindle that passion, and you will just hinder it?!?

We may be here to guide him, but he is mature enough to make his own decisions in life! He is 16, for goodness sake!"

Alessandro: "Giuseppe is like a son to me. I want him to be happy, like you are. I cannot stand him being lonely forever, after what happened to his parents."

Millena: "Then let him find his happiness. He's grown up, okay?"

Giuseppe: "She is right... I almost forgot about it. Those paintings... their colors remind me so much of life. How life can be colorful, despite the sufferings. That is why I cannot turn my back on painting. They actually give me the reason to live.

But now, even the world of speed, it's also making me happy! There is passion in it! Yuki showed me that there is!

I don't know... I am confused!"

He enters in his room, and stares blankly at his current painting. He is still about to paint the right side.

Giuseppe: "This... has so much meaning to it. If I finish it, then maybe I have rekindled my passion. You cannot have an incomplete house, nor life isn't all about darkness.

But I am completely sucked in the dimension of speed. Millena is right, I can get killed, as it involves risks.

I'll decide... after I finish the race with Yuki. I just have to experience speed for one last time, before I carve my path."

End of Page 5

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Any volunteers for the duel? You will have to play as Yuki.

Yuki's NSX Concept is painted in Championship White. The suspension setup is all up to you. And it's the only part you can install to that car, anyway.

Page 6 - Waking Up

Time: 10 am, the next day

Yuki heads out to stroll along the metropolis. Milan is one of the most vibrant cities around the world, with a mix of historic and modern architectures, thus preserving the heritage while encouraging progress.

He then stops by at a pasta shop, thinking that he can buy some for his grandmother back home.

After purchasing a jar of pasta, he heads out, searching for another shop for souvenirs.

To his surprise, he encounters Giuseppe, wearing a school uniform.

Yuki: "Giuseppe?"

Giuseppe: "It's you. Well, I'm sure you'll judge me now that you see me cut class."

Yuki: "Why would you?"

Giuseppe: "I'd rather learn from experience, than reading textbooks. Experience carves a person."

Yuki: "True. But there is still so much to learn in an academy."

Giuseppe: "I was actually looking for you, and on my way to the hotel you're staying in, but since we've met, I'll say it now.

I want to race you."

Yuki: "Me? You want to race me?"

Giuseppe: "Yes, you've heard it right. After witnessing your death-defying racing skills, I want to gauge myself."

Yuki: "Giuseppe, you're..."

Giuseppe: "I'll meet you tomorrow after school, then we'll race at that mountain pass. I don't care if people will watch or not. I want to see your passion once again, and maybe I can find mine."

Yuki: "All right, who am I to back down? Okay then, I accept your challenge. Time to make this trip worthwhile."

Giuseppe: "See you tomorrow."

The young man walks away, leaving Yuki in thoughts.

Yuki: "There is a confident tone to all he said, but no substance. He truly sounds like a man looking for a purpose in life.

I hope that encounter will wake him up. No...

...I'll wake him up to reality, and show the real face of what he's about to enter."

The next day...

A few of the racers have come to watch the race in Matterhorn. It is 7 pm, but the sun is still present, as if wishing to see the battle.

Millena, Alessandro, and Giuseppe arrive first.

Giuseppe: "This will be the only way for me to decide on my passion."

Millena: "This is dangerous! At least let father help you!"

Giuseppe: "I will do this alone. I have to show him that I can win with my own strength."

Alessandro: "He's right, Millena. Let's give him a chance to prove for himself. Besides, he is the only racer here who is brave to tackle this tricky course."

Millena: "Oh all right. Just make sure you come back safe, either you win or lose."

Moments later, Yuki arrives. Upon seeing his opponent getting out of the car, Giuseppe gasps as if he felt something from him.

Giuseppe: "What's this cold feeling from him?!? It's as if...

...he wants a death race! There's this cold reminder of death! The look on his eyes, they're sinister!"

Yuki: "Shall we begin?"

Giuseppe retains his composure, trying to build up his confidence.

Giuseppe: "Let's have an enduro. First one to give up, loses."

Millena: "Did you hear that, Pa? An endurance race! This is crazy!"

Alessandro: "I admire his bravery. Out of all people, he should be the one lasting in this race."

The two cars have lined up, with Alessandro at the side doing the countdown. The cars let out their beastly roars, which made the crowd cheering.

Alessandro: "3... 2... 1... GO!"

15666997972_3726b58768_c.jpg

The 4WD launch advantage of the NSX is quickly negated by the brute power of the TZ3's V10 engine pushing out over 600 horsepower.

Alessandro: "The TZ3 Stradale.... ahhhh.... I'm very lucky to be one of the 9 people owning it. Each one of them sits on a Viper chassis and engine. And with Alfa Romeo's know-how in racing for a century, it should be able to ace against something as high-tech as that NSX."

15480010948_ca284daf0f_c.jpg

Yuki: "He's fast! Very fast!"

Both young drivers perform their footwork with all their might.

15480010598_909f0ab57c_c.jpg

Yuki lets out a grin on his face once again, as if he found fascination from his opponent.

Yuki: "Heh... I misjudged you. Your car control is impressive."

15480599080_05b2de6fa8_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "Now it's your turn to see what I'm capable of. I have truly found my passion! I've got to thank you for this, Yuki. I never felt this alive in years!"

15045428204_c30a33d08e_c.jpg

At the main straight, Alessandro looks on gleefully, impressed by his nephew's performance.

15479522219_766aee13f2_c.jpg

Alessandro: "To think he can hold his own against someone like Yuki Kanonji. Giuseppe has now turned into a beast that guards this place."

Millena: "You know, he can have a future in something like karting, if he wishes to pursue a different path.

But just this morning, while cleaning his room, I saw his painting that is almost finished. Just a few touches left."

Alessandro: "I guess he still holds on to his original talent."

However, Yuki has a different opinion...

Yuki: "Your car may be fast, and you know the lines very well as expected...

...but I feel nothing from you! You haven't found your passion, idiot! I don't see anything, not even a bit of your aura!"

15666995352_69fff5fb5a_c.jpg

Yuki steps harder on the accelerator, charging his way on to his opponent.

Yuki: "You're still asleep, or blind from reality! You have yet to face reality! Allow me to show you the other side of speed!"

Yuki's NSX hits the TZ3's rear, taking Giuseppe by surprise.

Yuki: "OPEN YOUR EYES, DAMMIT! THIS IS NOT YOUR PASSION! I CAN'T SEE IT FROM YOU!"

(2nd Background Music)

15479521059_9ef91e1b59_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "What the...?!?"

A front-engined rear wheel drive car will make its rear very light and sensitive when it brakes, and when it gets disrupted, such as being rear-ended, it tends to lose its balance which would result to losing its control.

Giuseppe: "ARE YOU CRAZY?!?"

Giuseppe keeps on countersteering and feathering the throttle as the TZ3 oversteers.

15046033413_c9d30d4f5c_c.jpg

Yuki: "I am just showing you what can possibly happen when you enter in the realm of speed. You have to show no fear in death! But it seems you're not ready for it!"

15045425954_d6860c2564_c.jpg

Giuseppe:
"Whew... I made it. Now it got me to thinking once again. Is this the harsh reality of driving?"

15046032503_20f89910c1_c.jpg

End of Page 6

Page 7 - Chosen Path

(1st Background Music)

15054216763_80fc47b218_c.jpg

Yuki: "You are quite impressive. You seem to be unfazed by my stunt a while back. But really... why are you doing this? Why do you really wish to go fast?"

15488773110_8fccc4338e_c.jpg

Yuki: "You have to be dedicated if you wish to pursue this path!"

Meanwhile, Giuseppe continues to step on it, as if eager to win the race.

Giuseppe: "I know... I know... things like this would happen, as Uncle told me once. But that hit a while back, it conveyed a message."

15488379407_30bfdfe118_c.jpg

Yuki: "Your car's movements are just by-the-book, emotionless. I admire the precision of your driving, but I feel no passion from it.

Driving is more than just precision!"

15675170512_b23f19ba48_c.jpg

Alessandro: "There they go again. Giuseppe has really learned a lot from me. All my teachings are worth it."

However, Yuki decided to end it all, with a lesson...

Yuki: "I'll show you a passionate racer does it!"

(2nd Background Music)

Yuki takes the inside lane for his overtaking attempt.

15649854136_4b46cd4e5e_c.jpg

However, Giuseppe notices it immediately, and goes on the defensive.

Giuseppe: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

15488772010_44cb3d2640_c.jpg

The two cars collided, and repelled away from each other.

15675169632_ef310818db_c.jpg

15054214943_89423716b4_c.jpg

Spectator 1: "They're coming in too fast for the turn!"

And indeed they are too fast, due to their eagerness to come out at the top.

15488771200_e63e3aa90f_c.jpg

After almost crashing again, Giuseppe is into deep thoughts once again, reflecting back what others said...

Millena: "There is more to the world of racing than just street racing! What if he gets killed, huh?!?"

"Giuseppe has so much to live for! He is about to finish this one beautiful piece of art in his room! People recognize him more as a painter. The world knows him!"

Alessandro: "Giuseppe is like a son to me. I want him to be happy, like you are. I cannot stand him being lonely forever, after what happened to his parents."

Millena: "Then let him find his happiness. He's grown up, okay?"

15649852786_1e41e79231_c.jpg

Giuseppe: "I just don't feel like it. And I also don't understand.... how someone like you can enjoy something that can result in danger. You just enjoy doing this not knowing your life is in danger."

Yuki: "I'm just used to it. All race car drivers are aware that death is just waiting at the front door."

Giuseppe: "You know, you were about to answer the question I asked you when we first met.

What is "passion" for you?"

Yuki: "Oh, that...

It's simple. Passion is something that evokes your emotions when you do something. You put your heart into it every time you do that action."

And then the words he remembered that were uttered by his mother:

"Giuseppe, you know, you are not only making yourself happy. You also make other people happy. You always portray to them that life is so much to live for. The colors from your paintings symbolize how meaningful life is. Keep it up... and soon the world will see your colors.

Giuseppe: "Mama..."

Giuseppe halts the car on the side, surprising Yuki.

(3rd Background Music)

15675168352_453bef369d_c.jpg

Yuki: "He stopped?"

Yuki pulls over as well...

15053615584_f4a958b589_c.jpg

Then the two young drivers get out of their cars. A small gust of wind suddenly pass by.

Giuseppe: "I have realized... I am more aligned to painting after all."

Yuki: "Have you found your true passion?"

Giuseppe: "Yes. Finally. It's already there, and I turned my back on it. Uncle Alessandro welcomed me in his world, and initially I got confused. Then meeting you, you defined what passion is.

And then, this race, it opened my eyes. It made me realize that my heart is not into it. I value life so much that I cannot simply put my heart into this world filled with risks. The moment you hit me back then and almost crashed were those risks to be expected if I pursue racing. We are just too different. I cannot be like you, who enjoy that realm of speed.

That is why, I will return to what I was. A person who is passionate in giving color to life, to show the world how meaningful life is.

Thank you, Yuki. You truly are a good friend. You guided me to the right path. And I choose to stick on it."

Yuki shows a smile, happy to hear on Giuseppe's decision.

Meanwhile, back at the starting point, word gets to Alessandro and Millena that Giuseppe has stopped and decided to concede.

Alessandro: "What a kid, to think he held his own despite the odds."

Millena: "It's much better this way. I think Giuseppe realized it now. Let's meet him and then go home."

Time: 8 pm

Horacio Pagani takes his phone from his desk. He stands up and contacts Takuma, who just arrived in Italy a few hours ago.

Pagani: "Ciao, Signore Kanonji. How are you doing?"

Takuma: "I just arrived a few hours ago. I need rest, if you don't mind."

Pagani: "Do not worry, amico mio. This will be just short.

If you do have time, please visit me in my headquarters. We need to talk about your Zonda R's modifications.

And.... oh, don't bring your car."

Takuma: "Eh??? How am I supposed to go there, Mr. Pagani?"

Pagani: "Well, there's a train to Modena."

Takuma: "Oh okay. Don't worry, I will be there without bringing any of my cars. But why?"

Pagani: "You'll know when you arrive here. Okay then, that's all, amico mio. Bye bye!"

15488186188_a9587c46a9_c.jpg

End of Page 7

Last edited:
Page 8 - The Honor

Oh... hello there guys. I'm back narrating again. Well, for Part 2 I will tell my story once again. I am happy to have another wonderful bonding with you.

Where am I right now? I'm in a hotel in Milan, the same where Yuki is staying. We stay in the same floor, I stay just two rooms away from his.

The reason why I'm here? I'll explain later on, but it's silly as a matter of fact - Feeding a Troll. This Alfredo guy kept on bugging me in work. And this is the only time I'll settle things... with a troll. I can't believe a businessman would resort to things like that. He must be ready for a lesson.

Anyway, I'm waiting for Yuki to knock on the door, as we were invited in an awarding ceremony just within the city.

We arrived on time, and the young man named Giuseppe Rossi is awarded for all of his paintings. What's more, he's granted scholarship by some good-hearted people.

I can see in Yuki's face that he's happy, as if he had done something to that man.

The ceremony is short, and we decided to eat in a restaurant for a snack. But we were stopped when Giuseppe comes at us.

Giuseppe: "Thank you for watching. And another great thank you for changing my life. It's an honor racing with you."

Yuki: "Don't mention it. I only gave a piece of advice. It was you that made the ultimate decision."

Giuseppe: "I will never forget you. A kindred spirit, I must say. We're both young people who enjoy fast cars. But in the end, I can never be 100% like you.

Those paintings made me realize that life isn't worth throwing for. They rekindled my passion. Your driving also made me realize what passion truly is."

Yuki: "I had a nice time with you as well. It's a learning experience for me too.

Now, make sure you don't give up on this, okay? Keep it up, and soon your future will be bright and colorful for you.

Well, time to go. See ya! Arrivederci!"

As the two leave, Giuseppe looks at them with a bigger smile, a smile that he had never shown for so long...

Time: 3 pm

Just before he could go home, Rob browses something on his computer. His colleague Mark looks from behind as well.

Rob: "You know, there's nothing erotic here. Why are you here again?"

Mark: "You're still checking on Nina Hanne, aren't you?"

Rob: "Her movements have gotten more bizarre lately. She is leaving the house without telling Adrian, especially at night.

She's been all going all around the country the moment I installed a small tracking device on her - in a form of the bracelet I gave her.

It's as if she's looking for something."

Mark: "I wonder what... or who?"

Rob: "We'll find out soon enough. Sir Conrad is already organizing a special mission for me. Only I can do that effortlessly."

Mark: "What, you're going to score her once again?"

Rob: "Part of your sentence is correct, love. However, there is another person I'm keeping tabs on."

Mark: "Who?"

Rob:
"Nash Hall. I'm afraid this is all I can tell you. The rest are just between me and Sir Conrad. Now go, I thought you have an operation."

Mark:
"Oh bloody hell, I forgot. They must be waiting for me. See you later!"

Rob returns to his task.

Rob:
"You may run... but you can't hide. Looks like this is the job for Agent Rob Hatch."

Horacio Pagani heads out early for a run at the hills.

15060629454_cd19ab432b_c.jpg

The Zonda's V12 engine songs can be heard all throughout.

15495366527_8639d653c5_c.jpg

Pagani: "Ah this is excellent... and I just have to make sure that it would be like that always."

15495768340_74e7ac938b_c.jpg

Pagani: "Just like a house, this car must be very well-prepared too, for the honorable guest."

15495366087_dc02c8a715_c.jpg

Pagani: "Signore Kanonji will love this... This will entertain him while his Zonda R is still being worked on."

It truly is an honor, to drive one of his creations, especially his very own car. The fact is, he never lets other people drive it... not even the most distinguished car reviewers from the most reputable car magazines.

End of Part 1

Last edited:
PART 2

Il Piu Veloce

Once again, Takuma sets out... not for an adventure, but to settle a matter that bothers him. His pride towards cars shall clash with the other.

Who among those two will prevail? And this part will also focus on a key difference...

A dream duel shall commence, one that hasn't been done in the real world. You can witness it right here.

Page 1 - Honorary Drive

Time: 9:30 am

It's a fine sunny day in Suzuka, a perfect day for practice...

15504538529_d3b329d796_c.jpg

With his right arm fully recovered, Nobuhiko hones his driving skills at full swing. His father, Hiroyuki is at the pit lane along with Toyota's engineers.

Nobuhiko: "A broken right arm did not make me forget our destined duel, Takuma-san. I must be training, like what you are doing right now..."

15690406975_cdd59b58d9_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "This car is on the understeery side, which reminds me of the Supra. Even the engine, is taken from Oyaji's Supra, detuned to 500 horsepower to pass road legislation."

He uses his two hands to steer once again, but he is cooking something from that. It is definitely not the one hand steer...

15688481271_7a4650d28e_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Hiroyuki discusses matters among the engineers at the pit lane.

Hiroyuki: "He's back on track. As if he's working up on something. Anyhow, I'm just curious how the car will turn out today."

Engineer 1: "The racing parts for the FT-1 are complete. Shall we proceed to Phase 2?"

Hiroyuki: "Once it passes a certain stage, then yes."

Engineer 1: "A certain stage?"

Hiroyuki: "Nobuhiko has yet to learn an important lesson. And if it does happen, then we shall proceed with the modifications.

I'm just worried on the hybrid system, though. Is it fully functional?"

Engineer 1: "Yes sir. It was possible thanks to the help from the engineers responsible for hybrid cars.

And the special racing engine is ready too, it was completed with careful calculations."

Hiroyuki: "The current engine in that FT-1 will be temporary. I love the 2JZ-GTE, but that thing has to retire..."

Time: 1 am

In a hotel room only illuminated by the laptop's screen, Rob Hatch continues on monitoring the whereabouts of the remaining Silverblade robots - Nina and Nash.

His smartphone beside the laptop rings, it is Conrad calling him.

Rob: "Sir."

Conrad: "What's your current location?"

Rob: "I am in Italy, sir. I have to complete a task given to me by my racing team's boss. After that, I'll head straight to Los Angeles."

Conrad: "I see. Hey listen, I just got new information. There will be a conference to be held by Nash Hall's owner - named Martin Banks. It would take place in a hotel in Beverly Hills, at sunset three days from now. Once you arrive, another agent will brief you on the next objective.

You see, there is another client, the one who owned Noel Honore, named Francis Gautier now attempting to take Nash away from Martin.

In short, both Martin and Francis are fighting for the control of Nash Hall. Those two have simply gone mad in conquering the world of racing.

And they even don't know where Nash is. Francis is obviously targeting on Martin, thinking he is hiding Nash where in truth the robot has gone MIA.

Plus, here's some juicy bit you might like too - CIA's Sayuki Kanonji is accusing us of impeding their investigation. You may bump her along the way.

Exercise extreme caution, Agent Hatch. Those two clients are not above using high powered weapons. After all, they own big companies with world-class security agencies."

Rob us just wiping clean of his .45 caliber handgun, and then loads it with bullets. It turns out, his whole desk has weapons all over on it - sniper rifle parts, knives, grappling hook gun, two small cameras disguised as pins and some smoke grenades.

Rob: "Thank you for the information, sir. They will all be noted.

I am not sure though, with the high-powered weapons you just said. My .45 caliber is among my most trusted partner here. Can't afford to putting it away."

Conrad: "You know, you are the only agent who can pull this off, that's why I gave this to you. I know how you love doing some damage. You always want to have fun."

Rob: "You read my mind, sir."

And once again, he shows his trademark smug face...

Time: 10 am

I stopped by for a coffee before I reach the Pagani headquarters. I arrived here in Modena by train and bus ride. Well, Mr. Pagani specifically told me not to come here by my car.

I wonder why? That question is ringing in my head the moment I finally enter the headquarters.

As usual, the engineers are starting to work on customer Huayras. And some are working on my Zonda R.

And then, I felt a sudden tap on my shoulder...

Horacio Pagani: "Buon Giorno. Thank you for coming. You see your Zonda R? A few more tweaks and it is done.

I have heard you are challenged by one Alfredo Rossi. That is why some of my employees are doubling their time on your Zonda R. Have a seat."

I sit before his desk while I look at some Zondas on display. Man... all of your creations are perfect.

Takuma: "So you've heard it as well."

Horacio Pagani: "Of course! In fact, the entire continent knows about this."

What... the... hell... REALLY?!? This is too much, Alfredo. I am now more than eager to beat some sense to you, and probably beat the crap out of a troll.

Takuma: "Okay. So, why did you summon me here?"

Horacio Pagani: "Simple. I will lend you my car."

Whoa whoa whoa whoa! Slow down! YOUR CAR?!? *gulp* Are you serious?!?

Takuma: "You mean..."

Horacio Pagani: "You are the only person in this world that bestowed the honor of driving my Zonda!

While you wait for your Zonda R to be finished, you can use my car. You can take it around Europe if you wish."

He stands up with glee, and then I follow him to where his car is.

15505202777_434255f52a_c.jpg

Horacio Pagani: "I have worked so hard for this. In fact, I have spent days tuning it just for you. This is also used as a development car for all the Zonda's I've came up with."

Takuma: "But... are you sure it's okay for you? I mean... I can just wait and go around somewhere until the car is finished."

Horacio Pagani: "I'll be disappointed if you decline. This is one opportunity you shall never miss."

He opens the driver side door, and then forces me to sit.

The Zonda's interior is just as flamboyant as the exterior, as expected from Mr. Pagani.

Horacio Pagani: "Now, please start the engine."

If you insist, then...

I moved the gear lever to Neutral. Yes, this is a manual gearbox equipped Zonda. Turn the key and...

...the heavenly roar came next.

Horacio Pagani: "Enjoy!"

He simply closed the door! This is too much! But...

...might as well have fun with this. Owning a Zonda is a dream, but driving Horacio Pagani's Zonda - that is already the wet dream of every car nut there is.

I leave the factory, with Mr. Pagani waving his hand. Entrusting your car to me is the greatest honor. Don't worry, there will be no scratch, not even a tap!

Time: 3 pm

First destination? Monza Circuit. The proper place to unleash the beast that is the Pagani Zonda S 7.3!

When I have settled in the pit garage, however, I hear a loud sound... a car is approaching the main straight.

15666686896_84cc5583c5_c.jpg

Oh, it's Rob. And what a car! That's the one that broke my Zonda R's Nurburgring lap record! I can't believe that something that tiny can do it!

It passed the line, and the digital timer displays - 1:40.063

Off to break records again, Rob? Is that your favorite pastime?

15070459334_6cc32222cb_c.jpg

15505595000_e22ab3075b_c.jpg

Oh I'm going to give that bald guy a nice hit on a noggin' next time!

Then he returned to the pit lane. Upon exiting his car, both of us exchanged friendly banter.

Rob: "Can't believe my little sparring partner arrived. What you're up to?"

Takuma: "I could use a nice crystal ball for fortune telling."

Rob: "My head's not that shiny. Oh... is that a Zonda?"

Takuma: "Not just a Zonda... Horacio Pagani's Zonda."

Rob: "Lovely bit of kit you brought along. Mind if I have a ride?"

Without further adieu, we head out using the Zonda. The moment I stepped on the pedal, it's already a completely mental ride!

15505599930_2de3e8415a_c.jpg

Takuma: "Wonderful handling for something so quick."

Rob: "Agree. If only I have the money, I could have bought a Zonda."

15691997732_013dc990b4_c.jpg

Driving any Zonda will leave you breathless. Horacio Pagani comes up with brilliant masterpieces. He strives for perfection in all of his creations!

And I noticed... this is as fast as a Zonda F or Cinque. More power, I suppose.

15070457104_7d0137fe53_c.jpg

It's just so epic... I can no longer find any more words to express my joy and honor driving this car!

Rob: "I suggest bringing this to Sierra in Spain."

Takuma: "You're absolutely right. I'll tell Mr. Pagani about it."

After some laps, I decided to cool down.

Takuma: "So, what are you going to do next?"

Rob: "I'm off to Los Angeles later. I'm in a mission."

Takuma: "Take care of yourself, okay? DO NOT DIE."

Rob: "I'd love to stick around and help you out, but I'm afraid duty calls."

Takuma: "I'll bring this thing to Sierra, and see if I can enjoy it further."

Take care, buddy... you cannot die because I have yet to beat you again in a race someday. You are one hell of a monster.

Now, off to the next destination!

End of Page 1

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- WILD WEST, which is the next entry will take place the same time as the Passione Italia Part 2. While Takuma is racing, Rob is being badass once again.

Page 2 - Face-Off

Time: 7 am, the next day

In a large mansion situated nearby Ferrari headquarters, a mother and her son are preparing to leave. The mother tells her servants to clean the home and tell off any future guests to set a meeting in a different date, as the two are heading to another country.

The duo in question are Carmela and Alfredo Agostini. Carmela is now an important figure in the FIA, while Alfredo is a successful shoe shop owner across Europe. The mother and son enter in the latter's Ferrari Enzo...

15515378538_dbcf1fe3ec_c.jpg

The two are heading off to Spain, as they will attend a Ferrari festival held in Ascari Race Resort.

Alfredo: "Let's go."

Carmela: "Sure."

They head off without further interruptions. On the highway, the mother strikes a conversation.

Carmela: "You know, he's already here. Takuma Kanonji."

Alfredo: "I cannot believe he actually took me seriously. Well, I took him seriously, so I think I expect that."

Carmela: "You have to. I was beaten by his mother, and he won major races around the world. I know that because of my position in the FIA."

Alfredo: "I can finally show him how high class I really am. The Ferrari and its driver. Do not worry, I will win this for you."

Time: 5 pm

Such a very very long drive from Italy to Spain via the riviera, looking over the Mediterranean Sea. I arrived in Sierra at sunset.

But you won't really mind the long drive, especially that you are riding in a very special car. I still can't get over it...

15515958510_d2013022cd_c.jpg

Rob is right all along, this stretch of road is very wonderful. You'll almost lose your concentration in driving thanks to its beautiful scenery!

15081427203_2ea403cb59_c.jpg

15081426923_48fe77b479_c.jpg

Eh? What's that apex doing here? Is this road a street circuit too? That's odd...

Anyhow, that would be answered soon enough. I checked-in at a small inn, the same one where I stayed at before, during the World Time Attack championship, thanks to its proximity to Ascari Race Resort, which I plan on going by tomorrow.

I need to hop on the bed and rest.

The next morning, I immediately had a bath and get dressed for breakfast. Upon arriving at the cafe...

Hmmmm.... I wonder which bread will I eat today? They all look good and freshly baked.

I just got one piece of croissant and a Danish, plus a cup of coffee to top it off. Simple Continental breakfast, I must say.

After that small meal, I immediately head off. Off to Ascari to enjoy this Zonda a bit further.

When I arrived, however...

15081426503_72851718fa_c.jpg

I cannot enter since there is an ongoing Ferrari festival on this track. All I can do is watch...

15080819394_bcf5db3d64_c.jpg

Time to go... and I'm not too fond of Ferraris, anyway. Maybe I'm meant to drive in Sierra after all.

15081425673_c8e3b5fd98_c.jpg

Sorry, Zonda... let's just have fun somewhere.

After a few minutes of driving, I stopped by at a convenience store back in Sierra to get an English newspaper just to get me updated. Too bad there aren't any. All newspapers sold are in Spanish, and I only know just a tiny bit of it.

Time to go somewhere. I'm bored, and so does this Zonda. How about a souvenir shop?

Thankfully I found one, just 3 kilometers away. Maybe I could give gifts for my officemates back home. Let's start with the easiest... Nobuyuki.

As I go around the store, I see a red Ferrari Enzo parking beside my Zonda. A man and an old woman come out from it. Don't mind them, continue on shopping.

There it is, a brown t-shirt for Nobuyuki. Off to the next... Nobuhiko. Takanori is the hardest person I know to give a present to.

Maybe I'll go to another store for Nobuhiko. After the transaction, I am on my way to the front door, when suddenly...

Alfredo: "Takuma Kanonji!"

Someone calls out my name. Of course that stopped me on my tracks.

The man approached me. And he looks like he is in his 30s.

Alfredo: "At long last, we meet. I am Alfredo Agostini. Nice to meet you."

Takuma: "Nice to meet you, the so-called Fastest Tifosi."

Alfredo: "Such an honor for a Takuma Kanonji to call me that. I am very pleased."

Takuma: "I am also very pleased to meet you. The only troll I can actually befriend."

Alfredo: "Troll? You cannot call me with that low-level status."

Takuma: "You clearly are. I made a background check on you, and on your looks alone, you look like a very successful man in the name of business.

However, to actually annoy me all over the internet for such a "high-level" person like you, that's actually sinking lower.

Nice seeing you, but I'm afraid this is the last."

I immediately stormed out. However, Alfredo follows me to the parking lot, along with that old woman.

Alfredo: "I'm not yet done talking! I thought the Japanese are very courteous!"

Takuma: "You must know, that the Japanese can talk comfortably even when their backs are turned. But I do not have time to argue with people like you."

Alfredo: "So, you drive a Pagani Zonda now, huh? Where's your passion for Lamborghinis? Thrown away? I'm not surprised! They are just way too softened by those Germans!"

He's such a prick. One more and I can decapitate him without remorse.

Alfredo: "I will race you right now! I shall show you that Ferrari is the greatest car marque in the world!"

Takuma: "In your arse, maybe. Let's do it. Oh, by the way, your beloved brand is thrown away by FIAT. Who will catch it now?"

And so, our run begins...

15702366192_2e40e05dec_c.jpg

And I will do it for Mr. Pagani too. After all, a Ferrari... not even a Lamborghini had ever beaten a Pagani.

15081424473_fdffda4c2a_c.jpg

Just prove to me that Ferrari is as great as you believe it to be. Then maybe I'll change my views on it. As far as I know, you are just a typical Ferrari owner - who only cares about their elite status and eager to show off.

You are no different from those snooty show-offs in Ginza!

The battle between badge snobs has begun...

End of Page 2

Page 3 - V12 Concerto

Let this pointless battle begin. But this will be an opportunity to teach him a lesson. Both our cars are equipped with screaming V12 engines, so....

...pardon us if we disturb your activities.

15685635806_545e58e457_c.jpg

Alfredo: "This is the moment we've been waiting for, Mama..."

Carmela: "Exactly. Just don't lose your concentration. Takuma is someone to be taken seriously."

15090001583_1271f00cf4_c.jpg

Huh... this Zonda keeps a steady pace away from the Enzo. I guess Mr. Pagani modified it further. After all, this also doubled as a development car for other Zonda models.

15685634896_0b8e5953f8_c.jpg

Whoopsy-daisy! This road has sudden jumps ahead. Gotta keep the car in control when you land!

Alfredo: "No... the gap has spread further."

15524168017_0eafbff893_c.jpg

However, the Enzo kept up during braking. Good. I don't want to end the fun so soon.

15089412504_bb43a0554e_c.jpg

Alfredo: "All right... now is my turn! Forza Ferrari!"

15523948178_a9cbf875f0_c.jpg

What the...?!? He just had the guts to rear end the Zonda!

15089999103_6801ba55e2_c.jpg

Countersteer.... Countersteer!

15524166367_543317e09c_c.jpg

You're the only supercar owner who won't mind trading paint with the other supercar. Carbon fiber is expensive, you know?

Alfredo: "The tables have turned, amico mio. Now you'll see why the Enzo Ferrari is the king of the road! And the car that truly bestowed the founder's name!"

15524165617_b15113de09_c.jpg

You think I'll give up? Now you made me mad. I'm not going to lose to some prick like you!

You won't like it when I get serious...

15707448621_622fa6e65e_c.jpg

Don't make me hate Ferraris even more... just don't. I'm still holding my temper at this rate. You're one among those people who give premium cars a bad name.

End of Page 3

Page 4 - Enter the Dragon

I'm still hot on the Enzo's tail. It does not disappoint as a supercar, but the driver, however...

15717921262_8aa7663a99_c.jpg

Thanks to a little trick called "Slipstream", I gained speed and the Zonda is back on your mirrors, Alfredo...

15530495419_0c7ffcc302_c.jpg

Alfredo: "Ahhh... striking back, eh? You should not disappoint, after all you are Takuma Kanonji."

15692646076_0b07d2a960_c.jpg

All right, a straight. An opportunity to pass. Both our cars are clocking at excess of 300 km/h here. But...

15531532350_d21d4972a1_c.jpg

...you braked too late, Alfredo. Desperate to get away, huh?

Carmela: "It's not enough! We are overshooting the hairpin!"

15692645386_498be54536_c.jpg

Thanks to Rob's driving here before, I somehow got the grasp on how to tackle this road. You'll really have to focus here...

15531531880_999eaca63e_c.jpg

Luckily for him, he didn't crash, but too bad he easily lost his glory. It's much better to stop blabbering how great Ferraris are. I get it, okay?

15716365975_2ffb45c467_c.jpg

Alfredo: "It's not yet over, idiot! I shall take back my lead! This is a Ferrari you're dealing with!"

15717919352_244388a6c3_c.jpg

Alfredo: "Don't you dare mock me! I will teach you a lesson!"

Alfredo steps hard on the accelerator, but...

15714469441_45c1b0478d_c.jpg

You're that desperate, I see. Too bad even the car gave up on you.

Alfredo: "Nooooooooooo!!!"

15714461311_ca599c5a61_c.jpg

I stopped the car and get out. I am about to approach them, but the Enzo just moved towards me, and I am facing the driver's side window, with Alfredo rolling down the windows and pointing his finger at me.

Alfredo: "This is not yet over, Takuma! Not yet! I shall finish this battle, and win...

...USING MY FXX! Ciao!"

He just drove away, like he didn't lose. Oh well, Round 1 goes to me, then.

An FXX, eh? I gotta hook up on Nigel about this.

Time to go back to Italy
. Nothing to do here, as the fun ended soon.

However, my phone rings. Oh, it's Mr. Pagani. What does he want? And.... um....

Horacio Pagani: "Ciao... Good news! Your Zonda R's modifications are complete. You can go back to Italy now."

Takuma: "Oh great. Great timing, I say. I will head there right now."

All right! Alfredo, you think you got the last laugh? Think again...

Time: 10 pm

I returned to the Pagani HQ by night, but Mr. Pagani didn't mind. But what he can mind, though...

15717918162_1e94fbf0f7_c.jpg

Takuma: "Sorry, I got a bit careless. In truth, I raced Alfredo and his Enzo, and he did a pit maneuver."

Horacio Pagani: "Do not worry about this! After all, treat this like a circuit race! It's just normal for you to bump each other, right?"

Takuma: "But sir, it's your car, not mine. I must be responsible for this."

Horacio Pagani: "Ah there you go again. Takuma Kanonji is a brave, confident man, am I right? Things like this should not bother you at all!

Now, please come with me, you will see your Zonda R.

He leads me to my finished car. Oh look... it's more stunning than ever!

15096995073_1e7152f435_c.jpg

Horacio Pagani: "Oh, I forgot. Should I remove the Nurburgring lap record sticker? Well, I know what happened, but..."

Takuma: "It's okay. Please do so. I will attempt to break my friend's lap record, now that my Zonda R has gotten faster.

By tomorrow, I guess I can take this thing to Monza."

Horacio Pagani: "No problem, amico mio!"

Takuma: "Well, it's getting late. Thank you very much, Mr. Pagani."

I bowed to him once again. My respect for that man is huge.

Okay, time to find a hotel to sleep through the night. Mr. Pagani offered to take me to a hotel nearby.

Time: 11 am

After settling in, I immediately hopped on the bed to get a good night sleep. Man, this day rocks. I got to beat Alfredo and my Zonda R is finished. Plus, driving Mr. Pagani's Zonda is such a visceral and unforgettable experience!

Before I can doze off, though, I turned on the TV for some news. I immediately switched to CNN, since it's just one among the two channels (the other is BBC) that are in English.

And the news.... it's about an explosion???

News Anchor: An explosion occurred in one of the prime hotels in Beverly Hills earlier today. The explosion happened in 45th floor, and we have yet to get some more information on the casualties. The guests were immediately evacuated.

However, what you will see next, is an incredible footage. Look at that man! He just crashed through the window and fell at a great height!

Hang on a minute.... THAT'S ROB!!!

News Anchor: Then that man used a grappling device and has momentarily hanged at the balcony until he climbed himself up there. What an astonishing feat!

Unfortunately, we could not get to interview, let alone find this man. He may be a key witness for this incident.

That's Rob Hatch for you. Being badass is needed for his profession. Stop making me jealous, you crystal ball head! I swear I will break your Nurburgring lap record!

End of Page 4

Page 5 - Zonda Revived

Time: 3 pm, the next day

Whoa.... this is... a wholly different beast!

15538631329_c0df588178_c.jpg

Meanwhile, one of Pagani's mechanics is in charge of recording the lap time.

15105137803_062f0ce938_c.jpg

It's only a 30 horsepower increase, yet I can a large change in acceleration. Could this mean more torque instead? After all, all Zonda engines have buttloads of torque despite in normal aspiration.

Okay, first chicane done with. And the tail isn't wiggling out like it used to before. I can exit the corners on full power!

15722602131_1a2344fd9e_c.jpg

The changes have mostly been done to the suspension, as I requested. I have problems with the Zonda R's inherent twitchy handling, especially when exiting the corners.

15539087068_d7a6b00f24_c.jpg

I think these changes would be more than enough. I am already prepared to face Alfredo and his Ferrari FXX.

15539670490_a1c0d4ce0d_c.jpg

Let the numbers do the talking. Both of us will just have to push ourselves to the limit. And I'm sure, everyone knows how the Zonda R held its own against the FXX in the Top Gear Test Track, so I don't want to rub it in Alfredo's face, as another pointless argument may occur.

15724524315_2821669784_c.jpg

I really love this! This excitement I'm feeling, is the same as I first drove this car! My passion for this car has reignited!

And the lap time? I dunno...

Pagani Mechanic: "1 minute, and 39. 496 seconds."

Now I'm anxious... did I beat Rob's lap time? I have my fingers crossed.

When I returned to the pit lane, that anxiety did not last for long...

Pagani Mechanic: "Your lap time for today is 1 minute and 39.496 seconds."

Whoa... I'm faster than that crystal ball's X-Bow R! FINALLY!

Takuma: "All right! This car has gotten more potent than ever. This is perfect timing, since Alfredo intends a rematch using his FXX this time.

He has yet to see what will hit him."

After that wonderful track session, I returned the car to the HQ to be kept and maintained. It needs to be in its best shape for the rematch.

Next task, is to get some more information on Alfredo. Time to contact Nigel. Google did not provide enough information about him.

Takuma: "Oh, hello Nigel. Am I disturbing you at work?"

Nigel: "Not at all. What can I help you?"

Takuma: "I need you to look up on Alfredo Rossi in the FIA Database."

Nigel: "Performing search parameters. Entering keywords ALFREDO ROSSI...

...NO DATA FOUND."

Takuma: "He's not an FIA Race Car Driver?"

Nigel: "Unfortunately, he isn't. But I did find something relevant. He plans a rematch against you, on Sierra. It turns out his mother, Carmela, is one of the organizers of the upcoming Sierra Rally. She is an important figure within the organization."

No wonder that road has Armco barriers and striped apexes.

Nigel: "More information uploaded... It turns out that Alfredo is one of the 29 customers who availed the Ferrari FXX, and is part of the program. They did have track day sessions and contributed to the development of the LaFerrari hypercar. But other than that, most of those 29 clients have irrelevant professions. They have no major racing experience."

Takuma: "As I suspected... they bought their way in. Well, that's because they bought the Enzo, and that's the ticket to the FXX program.

Alfredo is a multi-millionaire, for sure. But that upcoming race, will be a lesson for him.

Thank you for the intel, see you later."

After that call, my phone rings. You know, it's not healthy to have your mobile phone stuck on to your ear for a long time.

Oh, it's Dennis. Why call me?

Takuma: "Hello?"

Dennis: "Oh hey. Good morning. Won't you mind coming to watch me in upcoming Sierra Rally tomorrow? I'm in Spain right now.

And, it coincides the fact that this is the last week of the month, and you know what that means."

Takuma: "Ah, yes. I know. But he's currently in a mission."

Dennis: "I don't know if he made a run before that."

Dennis steps out to the road, and then sees no traffic at all.

Dennis: "Maybe I'll have a little practice. And I want to see why brother loves this road so much. It's a 27-kilometer long circuit, linked by various roads."

Takuma: "It just so happens that I will be there too, for another race. I'll book a flight to Spain. I'll be there tomorrow."

Dennis: "Oh, thank you very much. I'll be expecting you tomorrow, then. The race will start in the morning, so see ya!

I will show you a surprise too! It's a new car!"

Takuma: "See you tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing your new wheels."

Dennis returns to the inn, and he failed to notice this one little vandalized part of the barrier at the starting point...

15700796856_d7b99244d6_c.jpg

End of Page 5

Rob's at it again. :mischievous:

It's on its full power, 653 PP still on RH tires.

Thanks to the X-Bow super lap, I actually adjusted its LSD setting - 9/9/27 is actually a very nice setup. The former 40/30/30 setup is what causes some unwanted understeer (it hit me hard during that X-Bow super lap a while ago, hence readjusting the LSD setup)

Then brake balance is at Front: 7 Rear: 4, with Toe remaining at -0.50 front and 1.00 rear.

With those adjustments, I achieved that lap time, a huge improvement from the previous 8 minutes and 4 seconds.

Page 6 - Realization

Time: 8 am, the next day

While Carmela is busy doing the preparations for the Sierra Rally, Alfredo is having runs with his FXX inside the Ascari race track.

With the man having the burning passion for the Prancing Horse ever since his youth, he cannot simply back down from his beliefs...

15546676607_3e1aeaa5dc_c.jpg

Alfredo: "You should be cowering or panicking right now, Takuma. What will be your weapon against this?"

15733407192_70f68f559c_c.jpg

Alfredo: "The Ferrari FXX has been built with the proudest and latest racing technology available! It should never lose!"

15111894644_4aef5c69a9_c.jpg

Alfredo: "I'm ready anytime, Takuma... I am ready."

Time: 9 am

I arrived here in Sierra last night, but I already told Mr. Pagani that they have to deliver the car here, all they need to now is wait for my call.

For now... I have to support Dennis. I wonder what's his new ride?

Dennis: "Oh there you are! I thought you won't come. The race will start in about half an hour. So, let's go!"

Takuma: "You mean, I'm riding with you?"

Dennis: "Of course! And I could use a bit of tutoring, if you don't mind.

Aaaaaand... here's my new car!"

15733406612_25cbffa857_c.jpg

A used Ferrari F430? Looks neat. I'm sure the previous owner took care of it.

Dennis: "I got a good deal from its previous owner. He sold it for him to have some funds for his 458."

Takuma: "You know my stand on Ferraris. But that doesn't mean I'll decline your wish. Let's go, shall we?"

We headed to the starting point. Carmela gladly assisted us to the starting position. Before she could leave us, though...

Carmela: "Just let me know, Takuma, when the duel will happen. This road will be open only for both of you.

Better prepare yourself, the FXX is unstoppable..."

Takuma: "I'll keep that in mind."

Yeah right, as if I'm scared. I fear no one... Bring it on, FXX.

Dennis: "Time to go!"

Whoa! Hey! The race already started? Dammit... I have yet to buckle up!

15546675367_cfc7a5d6b9_c.jpg

Impressive lines there, Dennis. And nice overtakes too.

15733405872_2c52f689c3_c.jpg

Hmmmmmm..... seeing how Dennis drives this Ferrari makes me think.

15546674687_67f1dd3245_c.jpg

To be clear for all of you, I DON'T HATE FERRARIS. I even like some of them, and the very reason why I have distaste for the brand is the fact that it's associated with the type of people who buy them. Even I have found out that most Ferrari customers buy a Ferrari because THEY WANT one, not drive it seriously. They want to tell the world of their status in life.

15733404622_29094a098c_c.jpg

With the advent of new technology making supercars drive easier, these people just buy them. They don't even know the true essence of a supercar. They just buy it, show it off, and that's it - day over. Supercars must be treated with respect, and that is why there are also legions of enthusiasts who prefer old school, because those cars demanded respect, and only choose the worthiest of drivers.

People like Alfredo are simply giving supercars a bad name. What's worse, his fanaticism gets the better of him. It's as if Ferrari is his life, yet fail to recognize its true heritage. Seeing the way he controlled his Enzo is an example, it's as if he's just bent on showing off how great the Enzo is, and not his skill at all. And it does not only apply to Ferraris, mind you. It applies to every premium car brand there is.

15547017490_0b13a04aa9_c.jpg

But now seeing Dennis driving the F430, I am filled with hope. There are still people who treat a car like this with respect. His dedication to drive, and to win with his skill will truly bring out the best of the car. I now have realized, not all Ferrari drivers are like Alfredo. I'm sure there are still supercars out there, racing on the track or even the mountain roads by talented drivers who treat those cars like their best friends - the way it's meant to be.

In fact, every car deserves to be treated right. They are not objects of display. They are meant to be driven with passion. And as long as you have the skill, you and your car will be unstoppable.

Everything I've mentioned, is the late Sir Ben's One Being Philosophy in a nutshell. The car and the driver must unite as one... as One Being.

End of Page 6

Wait a little longer, guys....

15546674217_eca655ec76_c.jpg

To be clear for all of you, I DON'T HATE FERRARIS. I even like some of them, and the very reason why I have distaste for the brand is the fact that it's associated with the type of people who buy them. Even I have found out that most Ferrari customers buy a Ferrari because THEY WANT one, not drive it seriously. They want to tell the world of their status in life.

With the advent of new technology making supercars drive easier, these people just buy them. They don't even know the true essence of a supercar. They just buy it, show it off, and that's it - day over. Supercars must be treated with respect, and that is why there are also legions of enthusiasts who prefer old school, because those cars demanded respect, and only choose the worthiest of drivers.

People like Alfredo are simply giving supercars a bad name. What's worse, his fanaticism gets the better of him. It's as if Ferrari is his life, yet fail to recognize its true heritage. Seeing the way he controlled his Enzo is an example, it's as if he's just bent on showing off how great the Enzo is, and not his skill at all. And it does not only apply to Ferraris, mind you. It applies to every premium car brand there is.

But now seeing Dennis driving the F430, I am filled with hope. There are still people who treat a car like this with respect. His dedication to drive, and to win with his skill will truly bring out the best of the car. I now have realized, not all Ferrari drivers are like Alfredo. I'm sure there are still supercars out there, racing on the track or even the mountain roads by talented drivers who treat those cars like their best friends - the way it's meant to be.

In fact, every car deserves to be treated right. They are not objects of display. They are meant to be driven with passion. And as long as you have the skill, you and your car will be unstoppable.

Everything I've mentioned, is the late Sir Ben's One Being Philosophy in a nutshell. The car and the driver must unite as one... as One Being.
Everyone *cough*showoffsupercarowners*cough* needs to read this.

Page 7 - Takuma and The Prancing Horse

Displaying a very promising performance, Dennis won the rally yesterday. This is another mark for his freshly-started career.

During that run, it made me learn a lesson. There are still supercar owners out there, who truly know their cars like their best buddies. And this also softened my stance against Ferrari cars.

The next day, I met Dennis once again at the cafe, for breakfast. Now this gives me an idea...

Dennis: "Oh, good morning, Takuma! Here, join me in having breakfast."

I joined him at the table and asked the waitress to serve a cup of coffee with cream and sugar.

Takuma: "That was really a nice run. To think you even defeated a GT-R and an SLR McLaren with an F430."

Dennis: "It was rough, but we won! Hey, I thought you will have a race here."

Takuma: "My opponent sent me an e-mail last night. The duel will take place here, two days from now."

Dennis: "I see. What will he be driving?"

Takuma: "A Ferrari FXX."

Dennis: "Crikey... that's one serious machine."

Takuma: "With a racer wannabe behind the wheel. Claiming to be the Fastest Tifosi. That's utter b**ls**t..."

Dennis: "What will you be driving, then?"

Takuma: "My Zonda R."

Dennis: "That makes it even, I suppose. Both are track day toys."

Takuma: "You know what? Something entered my mind, during that rally yesterday."

Dennis: "What is it?"

Takuma: "Won't you mind if... I have a lap around Sierra with your F430?"

Dennis: "Really?!? GO FOR IT! I won't mind! I would be honored if you actually drive it, and of course I want to see you drive as well."

15733406612_25cbffa857_c.jpg

Takuma: "It's for practice, really. I want to grasp some important parts of the course for the upcoming duel."

Dennis then takes out the red Ferrari key from his pocket. And it's rather shiny...

Dennis: "Take it. And I'm coming with you."

Takuma: "Thanks."

After breakfast, we get in his car. It's such a new feeling, to actually sit in a car you'd normally despise. But I think this is another opportunity for me to be more open-minded.

I inserted the key to the ignition... and then first things first...

DSCF2683.jpg

*beep beep beep*

Dennis: "Oooh... CST Off immediately?"

Takuma: "Even if it's my first time driving a car, I make it a point to switch off any available driving aids."

Then, I pressed the red button... ENGINE START. The 4.3 liter V8 howls as I rev it. As expected from a Ferrari, it sounds good. Even better than a 458, in my opinion.

Time to go...

15740906932_526a6d1170_c.jpg

Wow... I mean, just wow! You'd never expect me to say that on a Ferrari. But now, I just said it.

15737441471_d3c6141330_c.jpg

Oyaji's 330 P4 is the first Ferrari I've ever driven, but the F430 here is the first Ferrari road car I'm driving.

I do get Alfredo's point on why Ferraris are great. They are great, only if you drive them right. I don't rely on driving assists like everyone does...

Let's face it, Ferraris have gone too high-tech. All of them now have different traction control settings, and that's my pet peeve on supercars.

15119414254_0ae79613d0_c.jpg

It's still quite quick. The aggressive gear ratios are a Ferrari trademark. I know that because of my colleagues' reviews on them. Now I'm seeing why they like Ferraris too...

15119413974_06f4a4179f_c.jpg

Even without driving aids, the F430 stays sharp and composed through the turns.

Dennis: "Bloody hell... you're just insane! Are you sure this is your first time driving this car?"

15554186967_634551a48a_c.jpg

Takuma:
"I assure you, that it is. It's just that I got hooked. I like this car a lot already."

15119972373_1fca5ec5bb_c.jpg

It's really such an eye-opening experience. I have been short-sighted on Ferraris... The reason I'm driving this right now, is for me to comprehend on these cars more, and as well understanding Alfredo's love for them.

15553917878_43a8ae5fb7_c.jpg

Takuma: "Forget the 458 Speciale Needs. This is the real deal. This is a lot prettier, and simpler as well."

Happy now, Alfredo? But that does not mean I'm conceding. It's YOU that is the problem.

After that wonderful and enlightening drive, Dennis actually thanked me so much for allowing him to see my driving skills. Hope he learns something important from that.

And then, during the afternoon nap... I am sleeping soundly (I mean, with a snore), until...

THE TELEPHONE RINGS! NO ONE DISTURBS IN MY SLEEP! NO ONE!

TAKUMA ANGRY! TAKUMA SMASH!

WHO IS IT?!?

Takuma: "Oh shut up. Hello?"

Front Desk: "Good afternoon, Mr. Kanonji. I just need to confirm if the race car at the entrance belongs to you. A man just deposited the keys here on the front desk, saying that it belongs to you."

Takuma: "Race car? You mean it's delivered here already?"

Front Desk: "Yes."

Wow... that quick? Mr. Pagani might have air freighted it instead.

I got out to check. And yep... it's here, with some people taking pictures of it as usual.

15737440661_beaa638606_c.jpg

Now... all I need to do is wait for that day to come.

After getting to know to more on a Ferrari, it's time for me to demonstrate the one thing that separates us, something that will hit you hard.

You'll find out soon.

End of Page 7

Page 8 - The Art of Downforce

Carmela: "All right! Please line both of your cars at the start line!"

This is it... 2 days have gone by fast, and this is the moment of truth. This could be said as a dream match between the Pagani Zonda R and the Ferrari FXX, both of which have never crossed paths...

...until now.

Dennis is the only audience on my side. It didn't matter for me. All it matters now, is the race, and there should be nothing that will hinder this.

I am wearing my black Alpinestars race suit and black Simpson helmet, of course. One must wear protective gear for racing. Alfredo does the same too, albeit minus the helmet.

Dennis: "Wow... you really look astonishing in that getup."

Takuma: "Enough of the praises, really. You do the same too when you race."

Some locals are here to watch as well, but not too much of a crowd. These few should consider themselves lucky seeing those two hyper track day toys battle it out for glory.

Alfredo: "Eh??? Why would you start behind me?"

Takuma: "I love being tortured. Just don't mind it and give your best shot. For this race, I intend on showing one key difference."

Alfredo: "One key difference? Ha! What is this? Some sort of distraction? You could never defeat a race car created with the best racing technology by the company who has the richest racing experience!"

Takuma: "Keep talking while you can. And make sure you back up your claims. I don't want to argue further, and instead let us pour everything we have in this race, shall we?"

Alfredo: "Heh. Good!"

Not much has been said further, and then we enter in our respective cars.

15715647756_db0b888e64_c.jpg

*engines revving*

15554187837_fb18c227f5_c.jpg

Carmela: "Let's start in... 3... 2... 1... GO!!!"

Let's go, Zonda!!!

15745755631_ca4d73bf0f_c.jpg

I assume that FXX has more power. My Zonda R has 800 horsepower.

15562222598_07337bde48_c.jpg

Like I said, I like being tortured. Just make sure that lead is yours, or else you'll regret losing it. All my opponents felt that way...

15747655345_9006898357_c.jpg

15128255973_81cf64a142_c.jpg

Back at the starting point...

Carmela: "Oh, Tomoko Kanonji... how many years has it been? Well, no matter. The tables will turn at this moment. I can finally achieve my revenge. Nothing can beat the sheer sophistication of the Ferrari FXX."

15562220528_5740f5a307_c.jpg

I am keeping up in braking and turning. I thought you said the FXX has the best racing technology in it?

15561774049_1f8ce7e20d_c.jpg

Alfredo: "Good. Good. At least you're sticking behind me. Perhaps you are struggling, no?"

Back at the starting point again, Dennis makes an analysis...

(2nd Background Music)

Dennis: "I have learned so much from brother, during the years he taught me how to race, including racing terminologies. From what I can see, both cars have the same power. I've read recently that all customer Zonda Rs were upgraded, from power boost to 800 HP up until suspension modifications.

They launched at an equal rate, but the FXX has the speed advantage. How is it so?"

15747652915_e74b82a65f_c.jpg

Dennis: "The FXX's body is more streamlined, hence allowing itself to cut through the air more efficiently. Hence creating that speed advantage."

15749189542_987bc2b67f_c.jpg

Dennis: "While the Zonda R, what it loses in speed, makes up for in cornering."

15562490147_ce13bf199c_c.jpg

Dennis: "The rear wing and even those air intakes on the sides create drag, and that's the reason why the Zonda R losing out in speed. But that rear wing, rear diffuser, and that front bumper, all generate copious amounts of downforce!

Those downforce aids allowed the Zonda R to capture the Nurburgring Lap record, and as well as being 2 seconds faster than the FXX around the Top Gear Test Track.

But the Top Gear track is a lot more technical than Sierra. In fact, this course has plenty of high speed sections. This could mean the Zonda R is at the disadvantage!"

15561772219_e777b08623_c.jpg

Dennis: "But in those high speed sections, there are high speed corners too, which the Zonda R must use to keep up. However, the FXX can easily pull away from those as well."

15561783149_e8e294f017_c.jpg

Dennis: "Despite those odds, I believe Takuma will not lose! Plus, he even defeated brother once! No way he'll lose against an FXX!"

Dammit... we're at a long straight. The FXX flies like a spaceship here!

15128252193_f5e02013b2_c.jpg

15561771579_0936750a56_c.jpg

Alfredo: "See? What have I told you? You're clearly stubborn! Accept defeat and recognize Ferrari!"

Glory is just too short. But at least you have improved the way you cleared those hairpins. Congratulations for not spinning out.

15127697104_02997c83d7_c.jpg

But I'm still behind you, aren't I?

(3rd Background Music)

15747650175_65f85fb2c5_c.jpg

Alfredo: "Impossible! How come you're behind me again? There must be something wrong with my setup!"

15562487977_70ce4fdf22_c.jpg

Alfredo: "I must be winning this! The FXX is the most advanced track day weapon of all!"

You have messed with the wrong man, Alfredo. I hope you know what I'm talking about.

15128249963_3f5f4ec1bb_c.jpg

We may be both eccentric, badge snobs. But there is one thing that truly separates us. This "key difference" will manifest NOW!

I'll show you the difference between...

....a businessman and a race car driver!

End of Page 8

Page 9 - The Difference

The race lingers on, with me still hot on the FXX's tail. You think I'll give up? Ha!

15570381350_22603d5b97_c.jpg

This is now the perfect time to demonstrate the difference between a fully-fledged race car driver, and a mere businessman who bought his way in a car development program.

15756744842_0e2295d17e_c.jpg

Alfredo: "No way! He's on my side?!?"

Of course the FXX easily pulls away. But a race car driver would know what to do...

KEEP UP.

15135230234_bcbb2731a9_c.jpg

Alfredo, if you are in a closed racing circuit racing with race car drivers... you'll be eaten alive easily.

15570040317_40dc765b77_c.jpg

You have yet to experience real racing! Don't worry, I'll be generous to give you one.

15570040057_afe297f25c_c.jpg

Noticeably, the FXX is slower on this high speed turn. I can simply move forward. It's surprising, really. I thought it has a lot of downforce...

15570380310_192ebaa8eb_c.jpg

But the Ferrari pulls away yet again. Not for long, though...

15569337639_8a027154b8_c.jpg

Alfredo: "Why is this happening?!? I should be winning! I should outrun him!"

15135795623_991f0c1bb0_c.jpg

Enough shenanigans. This is the moment you'll never forget. Just keep your eyes on me, and you'll see why you will lose.

It starts on that corner!

15569337429_efffba0ce0_c.jpg

Alfredo steps on brakes approaching the corner, but as for Takuma, he simply pushes on.

15755205705_7e2cdd6923_c.jpg

Alfredo: "He did not brake?!?"

I've got more downforce, idiot. You should have realized that from the beginning!

15756742892_aa60816b85_c.jpg

Alfredo: "Come on, FXX! You must keep up! Use all of your available technology!"

Think you can keep up in this high speed corner?

15135794693_882db1918b_c.jpg

Seems unlikely. You're flailing behind, FXX. What's wrong? I thought the FXX is the god of the hyper track cars?

15570038217_c15401934f_c.jpg

You just messed with the Black Dragon. And for that, it's angry. You will experience its wrath!

15570038037_2474a4fd8d_c.jpg

Alfredo: "FXX! Keep up! You cannot lose to a Pagani!"

Alfredo rushes straight to the high speed corner, but the FXX understeers, prompting him to slow down.

15570037787_5f66afe743_c.jpg

Alfredo: "It can't be! I have the wrong setup! No... this is the perfect setup! I use it every time! But why I am falling behind?!?"

15570037457_935f6d1cb9_c.jpg

Bet you can't drift, huh? Controlling oversteer is a basic lesson learned by race car drivers!

Alfredo: "Why are you not listening, FXX?!? We have to win!"

15135793623_b3eb815362_c.jpg

Alfredo: "It's not yet over! Foot on the floor!"

The struggling racer simply buries the throttle, not realizing that the upcoming corner is a blind one.

15135793473_3136ce7801_c.jpg

It's too fast for it, that the FXX finally gave up...

...and lost control.

15569770668_d8f31f565b_c.jpg

Alfredo: "No.... no.... no!!! The FXX.... lost?!? Just what the hell is Takuma?!?"

15731488296_5776d00389_b.jpg

Whew... finally put that troll where he rightfully belongs.

15753321411_6140eb3dfa_c.jpg

Victory is mine. How do you like them apples?

Dennis: "All right!!! Wooohoo!"

Carmela: "What happened? This is not supposed to happen! The FXX is perfect! But how..."

I wait for Alfredo to arrive. Hopefully nothing wrong happened to him...

Carmela: "What did you do?!?"

Takuma: "Just did what I am supposed to do... race as a race car driver.

Your son is blinded by his pride, same as how you were defeated by my mother."

15753321251_089a632c2a_c.jpg

And there he is. See? No damage done. He spun out. Blame it on his lack of skill.

Alfredo steps out of his car, and angrily rushes at me.

Alfredo: "I demand a rematch! I set up the car wrong! The FXX shall..."

Before he can utter any nonsense again, I give him a backhand slap on his face.

Dennis: "Fatality!"

Takuma: "No matter how you set it up, the result shall be the same, idiot!"

Alfredo: "It's a Ferrari!"

Takuma: "It's a s:censored:t box! You have failed to realize what sets us apart, haven't you?

I am a racing car driver for life, while you, a successful person in the world of business who is in to cars and participated in the FXX program.

You think spending a few sessions running along with the other FXXs over and over will accomplish something on your part?

Clearly not! What do you think of those drivers in the Scuderia Ferrari F1 team? Just joined in? Of course not! They spent blood, sweat, and tears for them to make it. They worked, and trained hard for them to be skilled as F1 drivers and be granted with the privilege that other drivers dream of!

The FXX Program is nothing more than developing just the car, and not your skills. It may have taught you the basic driving skills, but that doesn't make you a pro.

And you know what sickens me? You. People like you who associate cars with their status. You give supercars a bad name! Don't ever dare think you're of high class just because you drive a Ferrari! Haven't you realized? Your FXX is crying? It's crying to be driven properly! You rely too much on its abilities! Supercars can only be "super" if the driver has the skill to utilize that super performance.

It spun out, meaning that it gave up on you.

If you were to put in a touring car race, you would have been eaten alive or even crashed at the first lap. You have yet to experience racing against different cars, against pro drivers.

No matter what kind of racing technology your car has, it will be useless without driver skill!

People like you are just despicable. You are nothing but a waste of time.

Let's go, Dennis."

Dennis and I enter in car and left Alfredo crying. You know what, I can be a preacher instead. That should hit him hard.

Speechless, Alfredo? Where's your Tifosi pride now? Don't cry on me.

Dennis: "Man, that slap was glorifying."

Takuma: "He deserved it. And that's one thing I really wanted to do, the moment he started to troll me in the internet. I fed that troll with the dose of reality."

Meanwhile, in Los Angeles...

15572057457_a23f2d47fd_z.jpg

Walking away from the burning Veyron, Rob takes out his phone from the pocket, and contacts his supervisor.

Rob: "Sir Conrad... Mission Accomplished."

He gets back in the X-Bow R and leaves.

15137337323_883b1e7db7_c.jpg

Sirens can be heard around, as firetrucks are rushing to the scene...

End of Page 9

Last edited:
Back