Takuma Gaiden II: Road to America (Pt. 2) - Page 31: LFA's Song

• Thread starter RCKakashi14
  • 1,053 comments
Page 7: R8 Hunt

It may seem that Shadow Eyes gets all the glory, having overtaken the mysterious R8.

16980600269_425c359ecf_c.jpg

Shadow Eyes:
"How's that? And you're just a hype! Seriously, everyone is losing to that flashy supercar? Competition will be pathetic, for sure!"

However, tables are turned as the R8 overtakes at the u-turn, utilizing the benefits of the quattro 4WD system.

16557389603_c39f2aa653_c.jpg

Shadow Eyes: "Too much speed made this car go wide at this hairpin! You really can't go wrong with all wheel drive!"

Indeed one can't go wrong with power sending to all four wheels. The R8's traction and power allow it to blast away from the Supra, quite literally.

16989806148_5f5bb20b58_c.jpg

Once again, it demonstrates its full potential, reaching over 400 km/h in a breeze.

16990034220_540e07fe6a_c.jpg

Shadow Eyes: "It can't be! My right foot is buried all the way down! How can that showoff be much faster?!? Nothing beats the powerful and bulletproof nature of Toyota's Inline-6 engines!"

At the tunnel exit, Shadow Eyes slams on the brakes for the gentle curve, but having no ABS and as well as being too fast, the Supra lost all control...

...and crashes.

17177557585_1c2b099b45_c.jpg

Luckily for him, the Supra's newly-reinforced body kept him safe from harm.

17175910872_74a3729f81_c.jpg

Shadow Eyes: "Damn!"

He can only look at the R8's fleeting image, surging past the road maintaining its top speed.

16970156757_841f10a48b_c.jpg

Time: 9 am, the next day

Takanori: "What?!?"

Having heard the news of the crash from his co-workers, he is just as well surprised and can only do but sit back on his chair.

Nobuyuki: "Good thing you got photos of that car for your article. And those are nice shots, by the way."

Nobuhiko: "According to the news last night, the driver of the crashed Supra claimed that he was racing against a blue Audi R8."

Takanori: "That blue R8 again, huh?"

Nobuyuki: "Wait, haven't you said that you were beaten by it too?"

Takanori: "That car is something of an enigma. Its speed is just mind-boggling. Plus, it's clearly being hunted down by the authorities, since it has lots of pending speeding tickets. I even visited the owner's location, but it turns out that the person just moved out."

Nobuyuki: "Bummer. But it's just natural for that driver to go on hiding."

Nobuhiko: "Despite that, those 400 km/h speed contests continue to rise. Even the governor is considering putting more anti-speeding devices in Route 7."

Takanori: "That R8 continues to draw that crowd yearning for speed, yet no one can touch it."

Nobuhiko: "I've read in a certain automotive blog that there are racers coming close to that magical 400 km/h mark. But some would end up blowing their engines."

Takanori: "It's quite difficult to extract a lot of power from the engine, especially if you are to command it to push the car to such speeds. In the past, 300 km/h was something to aim for. But with today's modern sports cars, that speed deemed to be too easy."

Time: 11 am

Rob just wakes up, after a blissful sleep. He strictly follows the sleeping routine of 8 hours, for him to always get in shape.

He opens his laptop, and immediately heads straight to the PSIA's database. He checks on Sayuki's action, after finding out that she has been assigned to hunt down the blue R8.

He checks all the documents related to the matter, and spots a new one.

Rob: "What's that little girl playing next?"

He opens it, and contains her new order - to apprehend the subject at all costs. After reading more details, he finds her ID number, and as well as her mobile number in the database.

Rob: "Apologies for stalking, lass."

He then sets his smartphone to track her location using her number. After such simple task, he stands up and then pulls out a brief case from under the bed. He places it on top of the bed, and opens it. It turns out to be filled with the parts of his sniper rifle. After inspecting, he sees that all parts are present, down to the bullets.

Rob: "Hmph. It's time."

End of Page 7

Page 8 - Got Your Blood

The next evening, Rob exits from the hotel, carrying the briefcase containing his disassembled sniper rifle. He is on his way to Sayuki, as he had tracked her down and it turns out that she managed to locate the R8 and its driver.

They shall launch an entrapment operation, and Rob has to move swiftly.

He then locates her, and is seen ordering her men and assisting them in their operation. He also sees a van, for them to use should the R8 plans to get away.

Sparing no time, Rob goes to an adjacent building, climbing through the emergency ladder and reaching an abandoned room. He assembles the sniper, in less than a minute. He places it on the window sill, ready to aim.

Moments later, the R8 makes a getaway. Sayuki and her ops quickly enter the van. And just at the right moment, when the van took off...

...Rob pulls the trigger, and the bullet hits the right rear tire. The van lost control, and when it stopped, Sayuki heads out and scratches her head.

Sayuki: "Ugh! Great, just as we are about to have a big catch."

Some of her men inspect the car, and even offer to replace the tire. Just as they are doing it, Rob walks past them, whistling his tune. Then he turns around at Sayuki.

Rob: "Need help?"

Sayuki: "No thank you. We can handle this."

Rob: "Okay. I'll be going home, then."

Then he carries on, putting up a grin on his face.

Rob: "I told you... I'm always one step ahead."

Time: 11 pm

Blood Hound decides to hunt down the R8, after hearing his comrade's loss. Shadow Eyes decides to tag along as well, as a guide of some sorts.

The Aristo then accelerates quickly to 300 km/h, as a warm up.

16976543737_bcf2a6478c_c.jpg

Shadow Eyes: "I lost all my hard work because of that crash. That R8 can kill you..."

Blood Hound: "Really? Well, look at yourself. You don't have any bruises at all."

Shadow Eyes: "It pushed me close to death. That car is a true 400 km/h machine."

16996191228_7863f74bdc_c.jpg

Blood Hound: "This car can murder anything in its path, even those showoff exoticas. This is the fastest 4-door saloon in the world! This topped out in excess of 390 km/h last week!"

Shadow Eyes: "Even so, it's not enough."

16997772709_8ca388cd69_c.jpg

Blood Hound: "We'll see about that."

16563770873_a9d4c78e48_c.jpg

The 2JZ-GTE twin turbo that powers the car betrays its weight, as the speed keeps on climbing even at 360 km/h.

However, they spot a very familiar yet ominous presence.

Shadow Eyes: "There it is!"

(Background Music: Driver's Delight - Maximum Tune 2 OST)

17182297322_3b8b3cfc9e_c.jpg

Blood Hound: "All right. Let's see if that lives up to your claims. As far as I know, R8s are all show and no go!"

Braking for the U-turn, the Aristo makes a daring pass, shoving in the R8's line.

16563770053_46911867da_c.jpg

Blood Hound: "I need to give a scratch to every opponent I encounter! That's how blood must flow. When you run out of blood... then you won't live on!"

However, the R8 quickly recovers thanks to 4WD.

17158022966_e7fd99d64b_c.jpg

Shadow Eyes: "No matter what you do, that R8 will just be a fleeting image."

Blood Hound: "Not a problem!"

He simply presses the scramble boost button, which delivers extra amount of boost from the turbochargers. This allows the Aristo to keep up.

17158022346_43bd5fec31_c.jpg

Blood Hound: "I'm not letting go of my prey! Once a predator gets a stench of a prey's blood, it will keep on following its scent, right until the victim dies!"

It keeps up to the point that it manages to catch the R8's slipstream.

17183939475_936dbbc6b3_c.jpg

Blood Hound: "Like I said, this is the fastest 4-door saloon in the world! Not even coupes can get away!"

However, Shadow Eyes is still indifferent.

Shadow Eyes: "Hmph... it's still not enough."

Blood Hound: "Huh?!?"

After making another turn, the R8 makes a quick escape. This prompts Blood Hound to activate the scramble boost once more.

Blood Hound: "If I say I'll keep up, then it will keep up!"

17182295772_d6d4721f01_c.jpg

Shadow Eyes: "It's useless. You cannot catch it anymore."

Indeed, the additional speed boost for the Aristo is totally useless as the R8 has escaped. To add insult to the injury...

16996187638_0210d2b423_c.jpg

...the engine overheated and blew.

Blood Hound: "No!"

Shadow Eyes: "I told you. It's entirely pointless. Our plans of domination have been compromised. We have to warn Dying Star about this."

Blood Hound: "All the precious tuning I've done, got destroyed in one night."

16976539837_2684c5abd8_c.jpg

The blue supercar blazes by at 400 km/h, having defeated another high-profile racer.

Time: 3 pm, the next day

Takanori leaves work early for today, as he is to head to the RGO tuning shop a train ride away.

Upon arriving, an employee named Yamanaka gives him back the key fob for his GT-R.

Yamanaka: "All done. I've extracted 100 more horsepower by altering the boost pressure. Plus, I've lowered the ride height a bit more, to make the car cut through the air better."

Takanori: "Thanks."

The two men look at the GT-R, which had no changes done at the external parts.

17119756716_025ae6e5de_c.jpg

Takanori: "I want to get in front of that R8. I simply cannot let that one go away without a scratch."

Yamanaka: "The VR38DETT engine is simply staggering. It transcends above others. Even our R33 demo car is deemed no match."

Takanori: "I am now part of the quest for 400 km/h. If I have to defeat that R8 just to finish my magazine article, then so be it. I am the Godzilla Keeper, and I shall command this Godzilla to trample that R8 once and for all!"

End of Page 8

Page 9: Revenge Match

Time: 10 am, the next day

At the empty garage beside Takanori's home, Rob is wiping Hiroyuki's McLaren clean, since he is to arrive at any moment.

He carefully does so, much like in all of his cars, especially that he is given the task of taking care and tuning a car that can only be a dream for him.

17005773700_a92281177e_c.jpg

Rob: "There you go. A dream car must be shiny and presentable all the time."

Then the team director makes a surprise arrival.

Hiroyuki: "Look what you've done. It looks very beautiful, and you did a much better job in maintaining it than I do."

Rob: "Mr. Hiroyuki."

Rob briefly bows before Hiroyuki.

Hiroyuki: "No need to do that. After all, you have the same aura as Sir Ben."

Rob: "Sir Ben, huh?"

Hiroyuki: "Do you even know who originally owned that car? It's him."

Rob: "Really?!?"

Hiroyuki: "It was once a road car, and it participated in a short-lived one-make racing series. After that folded, he gave that car to me... free of charge."

Rob: "You know Sir Ben's antics. But that's quite noble of him."

Hiroyuki: "Indeed. He thought that I deserve it more, considering how I left my family back then."

Rob: "Oh, I have modified the suspension, and even changed its oil. Plus, spark plugs are also swapped out for new ones as well."

Hiroyuki: "That's really thorough. You really know your British cars. Say, how about you drive it in Motegi this weekend?"

Rob: "Is that so?"

Hiroyuki: "Hehehehehe.... even I made a badass like you caught off guard."

Rob: "To be honest, it's my dream car. Dennis and I used to faff about owning that."

Hiroyuki: "That's why I'm letting you drive it. You tuned it, you drive it."

Rob: "Got it."

Hiroyuki: "I'm going to assess your performance too, and see if..."

Rob: "What is it?"

Hiroyuki shows a little smile.

Hiroyuki: "It's a secret."

Time: 11 pm

Takanori and Rob hang out once more, and test out the Nismo GT-R's increased power output.

17192712621_ea28f4dfc9_c.jpg

Takanori: "Here goes!"

Takanori puts the pedal to the metal. The power increase can easily be felt, as there is a lot more surge than there was before.

17007147639_e0b88e0231_c.jpg

Takanori: "Whoa! Ahahahaha! This is just monstrous!"

Rob: "That's your concept of quick? Oh deary."

Takanori: "350... 360... 370... 380... it's really a rocket! The way the speed climbs is just ballistic!"

17192711551_a127a23ded_c.jpg

Suspense rises as the speed reaches 390 km/h, as the GT-R is trying to fight off the drag coefficient.

Takanori: "Come on... come on..."

17007146759_302ea53f5b_c.jpg

Finally, the GT-R tops out at 408 km/h.

Takanori: "Yossha! 408 km/h!"

Rob: "So this is how 400 kilometers per hour feels like. I haven't driven a Veyron yet, but this is just mad."

Takanori: "Now that we've proven it, it's time to kick that R8's arse!

Rob: "Great, you're copying me. Especially that "arse" part. I even find it unfathomable speaking in an American accent like you do."

Takanori: "British accent is quite cool! I'm even jealous that Aniki speaks English in that manner."

Time: 12 am

17192710701_525493083b_c.jpg

While most shops in the posh Ginza district are closed, Iwasaki just smokes outside of a bar.

Then he sees Dying Star's blue GTO arriving from a distance. But he doesn't mind the car's bright aftermarket HID headlamps.

Dying Star approaches Iwasaki, in a rather upset mood. He points his finger at the GT-R driver...

Dying Star: "You... You're the one driving that R8, aren't you?"

Iwasaki tosses the cigarette on the pavement, and grinds it with his foot.

Iwasaki: "Hehehehehe.... you think you can unnerve me with that baseless accusation? I have nothing to do with the defeat of your 2 friends."

Dying Star: "The only person I know who fearlessly rockets to 400 km/h is you."

Iwasaki: "Wrong again, idiot. You must know that I either sell or scrap my former cars. If you think that I am driving that R8, then why am I still sitting right on my R34's bonnet right now?

I know you came here to have a piece of me. All right, I'll grant your wish then. This weekend, just the two of us, on Route 7."

Dying Star: "You shall feel my wrath. All my years of planning my vengeance shall finally bear fruit."

Iwasaki: "I hope you hold on to that. But one thing is for sure, I will not let you deal with that R8, because that one will be mine and mine alone."

End of Page 9

Page 10 - Gran Turismo

Time: 12 pm, Saturday

It's the appointed time, and the perfect opportunity to test Rob's setup for the F1 GTR. For that, he has to take the helm.

17211273735_d43d9667c7_c.jpg

He has to give it all, knowing he is to pilot a car that he and Dennis dreamed of, and probably the only time he'll be able to drive it.

16591074773_3d38337d5f_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Hiroyuki is to assess Rob's performance, as planned. He has seen a great deal of ability from the British racer, concerning his rapid growth.

Hiroyuki: "Initially, I thought Rob would just be a backup driver found by Takuma..."

16591073873_06afc8e014_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "...but I was wrong."

16588817364_0aed86c359_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "I might have found a living reiteration of Sir Ben McCarthy."

17185325466_b5ddd44dba_c.jpg

The McLaren exceeds everyone's expectations, including Hiroyuki's. A machine that once toppled prototypes in its heyday proves to modern racers that it is still a force to be reckoned with.

The McLaren takes victory, leaving a 20-second gap from the second place finisher.

After receiving a trophy, and as well getting soaked by champagne, Rob immediately returns to his team.

And to everyone's surprise, Hiroyuki grabs Rob's hand and places the McLaren's keys on his palm.

Hiroyuki: "She's yours now."

Rob hasn't been that overly surprised in ages. He can only look at his director walking away happily, then looking back at him with a smile.

Hiroyuki: "You've heard it right. She's finally yours."

Time: 10 pm

It's time for a grudge match. With nothing interfering them, Iwasaki and Dying Star engage in a battle on who reigns supreme on the battlefield known as Route 7.

17185324806_0588a3ab34_c.jpg

(Background Music: Stream of Tears [More Tranced Remix] - WMMT Soundtrack)

Dying Star: "There's no turning back now. One of us will sit on the throne tonight."

With both cars exceeding 900 horsepower each, this could be an intense high speed battle.

17185323886_0d22ba3de5_c.jpg

With conviction in his eyes, Dying Star doesn't allow for a moment to take his foot off the pedal, even for a little. The two high speed missiles are even.

Dying Star: "Good. This GTO is in good shape. Boost OK, and temperatures are doing great as well."

Both cars are topping out at speeds of 400 kilometers per hour. No one gives a quarter.

17003834897_436677764d_c.jpg

Dying Star: "400 km/h - a goal that only a lucky few can accomplish!"

Iwasaki:
"The only difference between our cars is the third letter of their names. GT-R and GTO. Both carry the Gran Turismo name, but mine has pure racing genes and heritage! Yours, I admit, is a technological marvel."

17185322826_e46d5dc282_c.jpg

The two cars utilize the best of their 4WD systems to clear the hairpin with ease.

Dying Star: "There's no doubt that a GT-R has the pedigree and muscle. But don't ever, ever overlook what a GTO can do! That name is just legendary! No current Mitsubishi car carries it!"

However, the GT-R flailed for a bit at the corner exit with wheelspin. The GTO makes an easy pass.

16591068553_8f32eaaa06_c.jpg

Iwasaki only shows a grin, as he has experienced being overtaken a lot of times in the past.

Iwasaki: "Heh."

Dying Star: "From this point on, I shall show no mercy. You're mine, Jintei!"

End of Page 10

Page 11: Dying Dream

Iwasaki is being overtaken, and it's time for Dying Star to have his vengeance.

16591068553_8f32eaaa06_c.jpg

However, at his turn on the wheel, the GTO wanders off. Understeer is much stronger than he thought...

16600297504_5c6088c07c_c.jpg

And that provides Iwasaki his chance to take the lead, a spot he's very much used to have.

17036575819_5ce0b4e7d4_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "It's very easy to explain why GTOs were overshadowed by Evos.

They're too heavy. Plus, you can get the same amount of power from an Evo for less!"

17015327287_cd5ede90a2_c.jpg

Dying Star: "It's not over yet! I can drag this battle until one of us falls down!"

The GTO gets a push, but then it's time to hit the brakes knowing that the PA is ahead.

But the GTO's driver feels something strange from the braking. It wiggles as it slows down from full speed, and to add insult, they have been worn out...

17196796866_533fb205eb_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "You do need to have total braking control here especially when slowing down from 400 km/h."

gtocrash_4.jpg

With that setback, Dying Star still stays behind Jintei.

Dying Star: "I've prepared so much for this! I simply cannot allow everything to burst like a bubble!"

However, upon braking for the u-turn, the GTO's brakes were completely shot. With its continuous abuse from its recent 400 km/h runs, they have given up.

17036574529_a4037dd6ea_c.jpg

Dying Star: "The brakes!"

The blue Mitsubishi super sports car finally bites the dust. However, the impact wasn't that strong, hence the crash isn't life-threatening at all.

17036573819_4eac1a22aa_c.jpg

Iwasaki stops, intending to lend a helping hand. After all, he has a code of honor even for a street racer.

17035207420_7afdf1f679_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "You're hurt?"

Dying Star gets out of his car, unscathed and very much able to move.

Dying Star: "Hmph... why would you stop and help me?"

Iwasaki: "Because even if we're rivals, we street racers have a code of honor. Thankfully you weren't fast enough to make your crash much worse."

Dying Star: "After this, I'll be a nobody."

Iwasaki: "It's much better, than blindingly chasing a dream. Your alias fits perfectly. Dying Star. Once shimmering, now about to disperse, as all of its glory had ran out. That's just how cruel life is.

You'll never be able to achieve everything here, even if you beat me. This is reality."

Dying Star: "But why? Why do you keep on running?"

Iwasaki: "I just want to guide every single racer who is about to be blinded by fame, and eventually darkness, in this world of underground street racing. All of you 13 Soldiers got caught by the darkness, and never saw your way out. That's why I defeated you all, with a clear conscience and a brighter future.

You already ran out of glitter, the moment you associated yourself with that group. And your attempt on restoring it is futile."

With all has been said, Iwasaki leaves Dying Star alone.

Time: 12 am

Rob, in his sleepwear, decides to make a last minute browsing, and this time around he hacked his way through Japan Automobile Federation's database. With a little help as an SMS from Takanori, he enters the exact details of the blue R8's license plate.

And in a little over 5 seconds, the full details of the license plate's owner are out. Rob could only show a grin upon finally knowing the owner of that ominous Audi.

Rob: "Hehehehe. Got you now, squire. You're not bollocks at all."

Then he opens a web browser, and goes to Google to enter that person's name, to acquire more information.

End of Page 11

Page 12: The Last Piece

Time: 3 pm, a week later

Takanori is at heavy at work, typing his final draft for the article due next week. He is satisfied with the progress of it so far, with all the photos taken care of and his frequent visits to Route 7's racing scene have paid off.

However, for him, there is still something that needs to be done...

Takanori: "Hmmmm..."

Pausing from his typing, he taps his finger on the desk, still thinking what to do. However, his train of thought was quickly stopped by Nobuyuki.

Nobuyuki: "Hey! You've been typing for the entire day. Have some coffee, for goodness sake! If your twin is still here with us, he'd pull you out of your chair and drag you all the way to the coffee machine."

Takanori: "This is due next week, you know?"

Nobuyuki: "I know! And usually, you are the one making the last-minute writing."

Takanori: "There's something that needs to be done indeed."

Nobuyuki: "What???"

Takanori: "I need to be back in action again. I want to see and race that R8 for one last time. That should cap this article perfectly."

Nobuyuki: "Really?!? No wonder you boasted about increasing your GT-R's power ten-fold. And do you even know that another crash happened in Route 7?"

Takanori: "Get in that world where 400 km/h is the name of the game. Even us professional racers won't be able to escape from it. I'm even wondering how these Group C car drivers felt when they achieved that kind of speed in Le Mans' Mulsanne straight in the 90s."

Nobuyuki: "We all have to admit it, we men love to risk our lives in the name of glory."

Takanori: "Yep yep!"

Finally, Takanori stands and then the two are on the way to the coffee machine.

Nobuyuki: "Oh thank goodness you finally stood up. I can't imagine my butt swelling all day."

Time: 11 pm, Saturday

Once again, Takanori has tagged Rob along, with the latter eagerly wanting to see the R8 as well.

They first stop at the highway's PA. They grab their cans of coffee, and to their surprise, Iwasaki shows up.

17046662470_24eb3439d8_c.jpg

The R34 driver shows a clear shock from his face, upon seeing Takanori's GT-R. He immediately approaches the pair.

Iwasaki: "What are the two of Dream Alliance's star drivers doing here? Don't tell me the R8 also charmed you."

Takanori: "Iwasaki... I gotta admit, that car did."

Iwasaki: "Hehehehehe... I'm quite surprised, to be honest. I thought you'd also go along with your twin's ideals on street racing."

Takanori: "I am. But for me to complete this article, I have to encounter that R8 for the last time. It's the missing piece of the puzzle."

Iwasaki: "I get it, I get it. You're just using that as an excuse to avenge your loss, am I right?"

Takanori: "Partly yes. My pride got hurt after my first encounter with it. But I am still sticking with my claim. I need this for my article."

Iwasaki: "When it comes to pride, you are no different from Takuma, definitely. I think that's the only similar trait you share with him."

Rob could only drink his coffee while watching the conversation. He's not going to speak a word about his discovery. After drinking his fill, he throws the coffee away and straightens his jacket.

Rob: "Enough with the girly chat. Let the hunt begin."

And so, they head up to Route 7 in search for that mystery R8.

17048021329_fb31297327_c.jpg

Iwasaki makes an observation on the R35 while cruising along at 100 km/h.

Iwasaki: "Tuned by RGO, huh? Then I expect it to be a speed demon. Their R33 demo car is something to be recognized."

Meanwhile, Takanori tightens his grip on the Alcantara steering wheel.

Rob: "As expected, locked and loaded. Takuma should get that trait from you."

Takanori: "All cards are now in deck. This is it."

Their awaited prize finally shows up, in a usual manner of waiting its next prey.

17233653011_75eec99441_c.jpg

(Background Music: Re-Birth - WMMT4 Official Soundtrack)

No need for a signal to start. It's a natural reaction for racers who are vying for the top - to floor it.

17233652311_86a60fb295_c.jpg

Takanori: "Let's go! Godzilla has trampled every supercar standing in its way!"

Iwasaki does the same, out of instinct.

Iwasaki: "It begins..."

17234202905_87bb202bfd_c.jpg

The three cars easily touch 350 km/h and climbing, all thanks to a sudden surge called Boost, which is a forced induction's proudest product.

With the increased power, Takanori's GT-R easily keeps up and makes a pass.

17046439378_d7f47e4007_c.jpg

Takanori: "All right! RGO's hard work has finally paid off!"

Noticing the two fleeing away from him, Iwasaki steps harder.

Iwasaki: "Takanori Kanonji, I recognize your abilities and your achievements in life, but..."

17232475562_03201de9cc_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "...this is not a rightful place for you. You have a solid career, and do not break it!"

However, the R8 clearly doesn't show a sign of surrender. Takanori's lead is short-lived.

Takanori: "That R8 is truly a rocket! The level of tuning is too damn high!"

16611756734_84c7b5019d_c.jpg

The three cars are about to reach speeds of 400 km/h. However, Takanori is once again overtaken by Iwasaki, thanks to his draft left behind by the R35.

Iwasaki: "Like I said to Dying Star, that R8 is mine and mine alone!"

17048017249_ce2d3f700b_c.jpg

Rob: "Great tuning job, Takanori. We've just turned into dunces."

Takanori: "That just goes to show how mighty the RB engine is, despite over 20 years old!"

17046437098_c75c59e5a0_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "You have to finish your so-called article, Takanori. You can watch as much as you like, but do not interfere. This battle is mine."

Despite being reduced to just a mere audience, Takanori still steps on it after they make the u-turn.

16613999923_f3c532eb87_c.jpg

Rob: "We're out. Let's just sit back and watch, if I were you."

Takanori: "All right, all right. Iwasaki is really the king of the road."

Rob: "Take notes, then. This is for your article. You don't even have time to blink."

End of Page 12

Page 13: Blue Blazes

(Background Music: Blue Blazes - WMMT Soundtrack)

Being easily overtaken by two of Tokyo highway's stalwarts, Takanori concedes and decides to watch instead. Even with his unrelenting fighting spirit, he is very aware of his limits.

16613999923_f3c532eb87_c.jpg

Takanori: "No use pushing this car further. We'll just stand down and watch."

The two cars show their true colors, as they enter in another dimension they unknowingly created - the world beyond 400 kilometers per hour.

17242898222_cdff1dbd8a_c.jpg

Takanori: "They're nuclear weapons already!"

Rob: "A normal car would shred itself to pieces in this situation."

Meanwhile, Iwasaki shifts to his full potential, something that rarely happens.

16624435343_69cf4251f0_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "I thought that Takuma is the only person who made me push to my limits. Now, I found another being!"

17058436149_6d43ec3f03_c.jpg

Takanori: "It is indeed Iwasaki's fight. No matter how hard I push this car, those two are on a different league."

17056863968_51733477ae_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "I'm not going to let you escape, even if this bout drags on forever! Only one sits on the throne of speed!"

However, after passing by the U-turn, Takanori notices the two cars starting to struggle.

Takanori: "Those two are showing awkward movements."

17037209987_a35620b959_c.jpg

Rob: "They're like knights whose armors have turned into burden thanks to their intense battle. They are starting to limp down."

But even then, the two cars continue to fight on, as they quickly recovered from the corner.

Takanori: "Despite that setback, they still chose to fight! This is getting crazy! If this is a circuit, those two should have been in the pits now!"

16624431783_9456997aef_c.jpg

With the R8 still on the lead, Iwasaki never gives a quarter.

Iwasaki:
"I shall remember this battle, R8..."

16624431333_c190691c35_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "...but you too are starting to struggle. This has turned into a survival of the fittest!"

With its tires lost grip, the R8 floundered a bit on the high speed corner, and that allowed Iwasaki to gain ground and even the odds.

Takanori: "No one really wants to give up!"

17242892682_1c807df339_c.jpg

Iwasaki: "This is it, R8! Let's see who lifts the pedal first!"

However, upon approaching the next u-turn slot, the sheer speed of the two cars simply proved to be too much for their brakes.

With Iwasaki hitting the guardrail...

17037207267_85814f933f_c.jpg

...and the R8 spinning out while gaining its lead back.

17057082050_062d670e24_c.jpg

It has been a technical victory for the R8. But in truth, they're like warriors who have exhausted everything at their disposal.

Takanori: "The two have crashed!"

Rob: "They have exceeded their limits. That's just natural."

Takanori stops in between the two cars, to check if the drivers are okay.

17058430679_9736387944_c.jpg

17218664806_10536a17bf_c.jpg

Takanori: "I hope nothing bad happened with the two of them."

Rob and Takanori exit the R35. The latter looks back and is relieved to see that Iwasaki is not hurt. Then finally, they see the R8's driver side door open.

And upon exiting, the driver's identity shocks both Takanori and Iwasaki. Obviously, Rob shows a grin.

Takanori:
"Wait a second, you are...?"

Iwasaki: "TORU TANAKA?!?"

End of Page 13

Page 14: Settled

17218664806_10536a17bf_c.jpg

The intense, no holds-barrred battle finally came to a conclusion. The R8 spun out with a technical victory.

All drivers get out of their cars. To Takanori and Iwasaki's shock, the R8's driver is none other than the young Toru Tanaka, who has been improving his life thanks to his professional racing career.

Iwasaki: "TORU TANAKA?!?"

The young man, draped in a simple jacket and jeans, briefly fixes his hair.

Toru: "It's been a while, Jintei."

Even with all the shock, Iwasaki returns to his usual composure.

Iwasaki: "Who would have thought that a kid I used to tell off can thwart the return of the 13
Soldiers. You've grown so much."

Rob: "Toru Tanaka. 20 years old and can now play with touring cars. That's not a kid at all; it's an achievement."

Iwasaki:
"He was childish back then."

Toru: "I guess I can go back to the circuit, now that I have finally beaten you."

Iwasaki: "Even with that conclusion, I have to concede. Your technical victory can really be considered legit by my standards. You gave everything you got, as I always asked from my opponents."

Toru: "You have my thanks. Because of you, I'll never be able to achieve something like this. I'm now happy with my new lease in life. It's just that I have to settle things with you. I never go back on my word. If I say that I'll beat you, then I will beat you."

Iwasaki: "That last sentence, just goes to show how much you've grown. I hate to say it, but I'm proud of you."

Toru: "From here on, I'll focus on bettering myself."

After the dust had settled, everyone heads home. Along the way, Takanori is assessing the events.

17007147639_e0b88e0231_c.jpg

Takanori: "That was a great battle."

Rob:
"What? You find it comparable to the ones we've been through?"

Takanori: "Even by just watching, I'm sure you can tell the intensity. You've been in this situation, obviously."

Rob: "I'm not going to chase something that will lead me to nowhere, Takanori. Now you see why your twin is against street racing. He doesn't mind the excitement tagged with it, but he is concerned on how would those racers end up with.

Toru, on the other hand, is an exception. He merely wants to lure his opponent out. He'll go through any length, even if he is to attract the authorities with it. He kept his pride, he hanged on to his word, and prevailed even by a bit.

In short, he's just like us. And in the end, he never strayed from his new path."

Takanori:
"Good point. Toru has been making a name for himself in the racetrack recently, and that's just good."

Rob: "Now, what about Iwasaki, then?"

Takanori: "He'll continue to run here, but to serve as a guide. I've finally seen through his actions."

Rob: "In the end, achieving 400 km/h in this kind of stage is simply... pointless. Life isn't just about going straight. And everyday, we face a crooked path. That speed is just a temporary bliss, or an illusion, even.

No need to wonder now why a Bugatti Veyron is an entirely pointless car in every situation."

Takanori: "Agree. For your car to achieve 400 km/h, you have to sacrifice everything. And that goal is something you can feel for a little while. Then once you go back to reality, you'll just realize you lost a lot of important things."

Time: 6 pm, Monday

Now that everything is settled, and his article finally submitted to Isami, Takanori returns to the RGO tuning shop.

His favor ultimately surprises Yamanaka.

17119756716_025ae6e5de_c.jpg

Yamanaka: "Huh? Bring the power down?"

Takanori: "I'm done with the article anyway. Plus, there's no point torturing your car to get it to achieve 400 km/h. I think you, of all people, should know that. Tuning isn't just getting your car a 100 km/h faster."

Yamanaka: "Who am I to object? I don't tell customers what I want. Still, you are right. Tuning is a complicated matter."

Takanori: "I want this GT-R to enjoy in a place where it truly belongs - the race track."

Yamanaka: "I'll start by lowering the boost. But I'll make adjustments to the power band, to make it still go fast in every situation."

Takanori shows his usual bright smile, filled with optimism and pride.

Takanori: "Thank you."

Time: 11 am, the next day

The Fuji Speedway, a race track in proximity around the capital. It's located in Shizuoka Prefecture, located just beside Kanagawa, which actually makes it accessible to those who dwell in Tokyo that want to have fun.

There's this one car that's having the fun all by itself, while the rest are going by their usual day-to-day chores.

17067991839_85db4c3e0f_c.jpg

It's Hiroyuki all along, and what would he do in Fuji Speedway, aside from the fact that it's much nearer than Suzuka?

16633998993_511008e893_c.jpg

With a great deal of downforce, the heavily-modified Toyota FT-1 takes corners like it's on rails.

Hiroyuki: "This car needs to get used to tackling this track. Suzuka is too far."

16631743224_e840983ce7_c.jpg

Despite his age, he manages to cling on and control the car with great ease.

Hiroyuki: "The inevitable will happen."

Blazing past the main straight at over 300 km/h is something only a few can ever do.

17066652560_70c32ee645_c.jpg

While the Dream Alliance team director is satisfied with the run, he is, however, on alert. He feels something is about to brew by.

17254218865_1e138c3cbe_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "For one last time, I must take up my helmet, and put my racing gloves on...

...as I shall save Japan's motorsport scene."

THE END

FUJI FAST

Hiroyuki Hiramoto temporarily comes out of retirement to settle a grudge he unknowingly created in his heyday. He does so for the intention of saving Japan's motorsport scene, which is under threat by the Vision Gran Turismo Project.

Page 1: Old Men

Time: 6 pm, Sunday

In a posh urban district of Omoutesandou, there lies a house that boasts modern architecture, which is peculiar given how much tradition is valued in the Japanese culture.

In it stashed two cars that fit very well within the house's design.

17090004689_4eecbba89a_c.jpg

Obviously, those belong to the house's inhabitants - Alan Long and the house's owner named Atsuo Kobayakawa. The latter has been mentioned once by Hiroyuki, meaning that there is a connection.

Atsuo, 55, prepares dinner for Alan. The young Chinese American had been taken in by Kazunori's request.

Atsuo: "Alan, dinner is served."

The young man pauses his video game and heads to the dining area.

Alan: "What's for dinner?"

Atsuo: "Here, some fried food for tonight."

Alan: "Kinda makes me miss home."

Atsuo: "Which you'll be going."

Alan: "What?"

Atsuo: "With that GTI done, it's time for you to hit back home and pursue your goal. Isn't your dream to conquer America's tuning scene?"

Alan: "Of course. I guess I'll be packing, then."

Atsuo: "Let's eat."

Having started to dine, Alan strikes up another conversation.

Alan: "When am I going there?"

Atsuo: "You can go right after this dinner. I assume you can handle yourself there. You're a grown man, anyway."

Alan: "Are you sure? I can help you out here."

Atsuo: "You gotta make preparations there. That's why you have to go."

Alan: "So you really do intend to face Hiroyuki head-on, huh? Why not let me race him instead?"

16655980333_43ae8ec2ec_c.jpg

Atsuo: "It's only a thing that we old men must settle. You cannot interfere."

Alan: "Alright, if you insist."

Atsuo: "While you're packing, I'll arrange the flight and the car should be taken inside the plane as well."

Alan: "I'm flying in Kaz's plane again, huh? Speaking of him, is he okay in Germany?"

Atsuo drinks a bit of tea, then wipes his mouth afterwards.

Atsuo: "Hehehehehehe.... I can't believe that only one, just one person, destroyed the entire headquarters. Luckily he anticipated it and hid underneath."

Alan: "Dream Alliance must have really gotten nuts. And Andy still doesn't give up. He'll be much happier if he just focused on his team instead."

Atsuo: "You are bound to face him in America. Better be prepared."

Alan: "I'm aware of that. And I shall teach him a lesson."

Atsuo: "Good luck with that. As far as I know, you cannot afford to fool around."

Alan: "What about you?"

Atsuo: "Me? Simple. I'll lure Hiroyuki out. I shall start with the upcoming Super GT."

On the way to the airport, Alan is having thoughts.

17088435488_9f229bed76_c.jpg

Alan: "That old man is carrying all the burden by himself. I could have easily taken out that Hiroyuki guy."

17088435248_a1842e643c_c.jpg

Alan: "But being a director of Dream Alliance, Hiroyuki must have a lot of experience."

But he easily shrugs off that thought.

Alan: "Nah, let those old men ramble against each other. Besides, it's time for the Vision GT to strike back."

Time: 7 pm

Meanwhile, the Hiramotos get together for their Sunday dinner. And Hiroyuki has invited Rob as well.

Since Hiroyuki is more of a traditional person, the dining area is a tatami mat and a low table, which means they all have to sit really low. But the choice of dinner, a large Sushi and Sashimi platter, doesn't sit well with Rob at all.

Rob: "Oh lord..."

Nobuyuki: "Remember, you cannot really argue with the dinner meal as a guest."

Rob: "I know. But Takuma somehow taught me how to appreciate eating raw fish."

Nobuhiko: "I'm kind of hungry now."

Hiroyuki finally arrives. His wife then closes the sliding door.

When dinner started, Rob could only break the chopsticks and stare at the family members obviously enjoying the meal. He's still not ready for sushi, just yet.

Then he make his pick, a raw Salmon sashimi.

Rob: "At least there's something we have in common - raw salmon."

Hiroyuki: "I appreciate you coming over to dinner, Rob. Though pardon us for the choice of meal. I know you aren't really accustomed in eating sushi or sashimi. But we do need to talk after dinner."

Kyoko: "You can have all the salmon if you want."

Rob: "Ahahahaha... that's kinda embarrassing. I'll just eat whatever is in front of me."

Nobuhiko: "Oyaji... how's my car?"

Everyone got surprised as the topic changed, but Hiroyuki could only breathe out a sigh.

Hiroyuki: "You've been asking that to me over and over."

Nobuhiko:
"Well, it's my car, so it's just natural for me to ask about it."

Hiroyuki: "I'll borrow it for the meantime. After I've settled something, then she's all yours again."

Nobuhiko: "Settled something? What about it?"

Hiroyuki: "It's a secret..."

Nobuhiko then shows a grumpy face. But then he understands, if it is for the best of his car.

After dinner, Nobuhiko, his wife Kasumi, and Nobuyuki have left. Rob stayed as he is needed.

Hiroyuki: "Come with me outside."

The two men head to the terrace, and a breeze follows.

Hiroyuki: "Rob, I need your expertise."

Rob: "That's why you called me out for?"

Hiroyuki: "Exactly. I know you're still under suspension from MI6, but that doesn't mean you're stripped of your responsibilities, right?"

Rob: "I miss my work, admittedly."

Hiroyuki: "I'm sure tracking down one person across the world is among your everyday chores. There is someone I need you to search."

Rob: "Who?"

Hiroyuki: "Have you came across a person named Atsuo Kobayakawa?"

Rob: "Yes, one of the engineers working for Kaz."

Hiroyuki: "Turns out that he's the one who actually volunteered to join the Vision GT Project."

Rob: "Hmmmm.... what's your connection with him?"

Hiroyuki: "He once used to be my mechanic during my heyday. But my pride and self-reliance drove him away, causing him to act on his own and oppose me."

Rob: "Quite a rivalry, then."

Hiroyuki: "He'll do whatever he takes to land a hit on me. Even if suddenly leaving his post in Lexus never to come back again. I find people like him amusing, to be honest."

Rob: "And now, what about your son's car?"

17090002239_19fc346fda_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "I've been testing it in Fuji in secret. Why Fuji? Because it will be an inevitable battleground."

Rob: "You'll plan a showdown there?"

17276201575_458a3149d3_c.jpg

Hiroyuki:
"Atsuo loves Fuji Speedway, especially the days when he worked for me. He would drive my 2000GT in full chat. Now, I shall make that place haunt him forever."

16655977013_c1e5204ef7_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "For sure, Atsuo will send out his creation against me. Very well then, I too, shall send out
my proudest fruit of my unrelenting efforts.

Oh... pardon us. That's just how old men ramble."

Rob: "Okay, so I'll look for Atsuo, then..."

Hiroyuki: "...I'll beat him to a bloody pulp."

End of Page 1

Last edited:
Page 2: Movement

Time: 10 am, two days later

It's a sunny but windy morning at Hiroyuki's residence. He is expecting Rob, to discuss more about the special task given.

And as expected from an agent, Rob arrives on schedule, bringing a laptop with him. Kyoko immediately directs the guest to Hiroyuki's small office beside the master bedroom.

Rob bows before Hiroyuki upon getting inside. The housewife leaves the two men alone and continue on watching her favorite soap opera downstairs.

After that courteous gesture, Rob places the laptop on the table.

Hiroyuki: "Any new data found?"

Rob: "Fortunately, yes. I'm still assigned in the Vision GT Project case, you know? There's something you must find out."

Hiroyuki: "What is it, then?"

Rob shows CCTV shots of Atsuo's bright green Lexus VGT roaming in streets of Tokyo's districts.

Rob: "There you have it. He's here. Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku, and even Akihabara. And to really confirm it's him..."

One shot shows Atsuo getting out of the car. Upon seeing it, Hiroyuki briefly giggles, but immediately returns to his serious composure.

Hiroyuki: "He's really amusing. He's clearly being hunted down by Lexus' executives, yet he has the guts to go out and about like nothing happened."

Rob: "How odd that no one in Lexus, not even Toyota, has the guts to track him down."

Hiroyuki: "I can provide you a simple answer - they just moved on. They easily forgot him and his services. Ungratefulness easily breaks bonds, especially in a Japanese workplace. Although they have overlooked on one sensitive matter - the disappearance of the sole LF-LC prototype a year ago."

Rob: "Could be a possibility that he leaked everything he knew about his former employment. And that information benefited Kaz at all, along with that car. Toyota is in grave danger when it comes to motorsports, now that Vision GT has it all."

Then Rob uses a search engine to look photos of the LF-LC concept. It definitely matches the car caught on various city cameras.

Hiroyuki: "Then that's when I come in. Before the motorsport world crumbles, I'll step in and put a stop."

Rob: "Are you sure about this? Your children..."

Hiroyuki: "...can stop him? The grudge has been burning for decades. Let those involved be the only people dancing in it. I believe in my children, no doubt; but this is something I must do. I must save and protect this country's motorsports.

As the team director of Dream Alliance, let me be your role model, for one last time!"

Time: 5 pm, Sunday

Super GT season has officially begun. A large festivity took place before the race. While works teams are working hard on their cars...

...Atsuo is alone, just standing and crossing his arms watching his opponents prepare.

Atsuo: "It's time. Vision GT shall be back. The movement shall start again."

Naturally, he is to drive his own car. Being alone could entail a lot of stress, but he doesn't mind it all. All worries are brushed off the moment the race started.

17101684549_ef314f71c4_c.jpg

Utilizing everything he learned from his experience as Lexus' chief engineer, the car's performance is top notch as expected.

17287889465_995027f3db_c.jpg

Atsuo: "Twin electric turbocharged, high-revving V8 with Kinetic Energy Resource System hybrid setup is the ideal example of uninterrupted power delivery!"

17261929736_000e4f0926_c.jpg

Atsuo: "The electric motor covers up the lack of power delivery on low RPMs, then the turbo will kick in afterwards. There is no lag at all!"

16667643823_6832f2b6a6_c.jpg

The Lexus' performance clearly stunned everyone, right down to the audience as it easily captured the lead at the 2nd lap.

17261928256_aa856e397b_c.jpg

Atsuo: "The stunt I pulled off from the Lexus' prototype facility was all worth the trouble. I gotta owe Kazunori-san for this."

17286066662_c2e276464c_c.jpg

Atsuo: "Come, Hiroyuki! Your traditional and self-reliant views are not to be proud of. Now you're even directing a team of war freaks? That's not you at all!"

The first round ended with so much talk and controversy. Racing forums are flooded with topics regarding the event in a few minutes.

Time: 8 am, the next day

Takanori comes up to the office floor, rushing towards his workspace.

Nobuyuki: "What's with the hurry? You're on time."

Takanori: "Hey, have you watched..."

Nobuhiko: "The first round of Super GT? Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

Takanori: "That green Lexus."

Nobuhiko: "Oyaji confirmed it last night during dinner. It's from the Vision GT."

Nobuyuki: "And actually that's the missing LF-LC concept that Toyota tries to keep mum, despite waves of rumors."

Takanori: "Kazunori-san is unstoppable, despite the fact that his project got heavily crippled."

Nobuyuki: "Why are you still praising him? We all know his cars are illegal to race."

Takanori: "I'm not! But we do have to admit it's also the key why his games are successful. I wonder what to say if I ever meet him again."

Nobuhiko: "It's tough, but you should stand up for what's good, even if you have to throw away your admiration for him."

Takanori settles to his cubicle to start the day's work, showing more disbelief than ever.

End of Page 2

Page 3: For One Last Time

Time: 8 pm, the next day

At least once a week, the hosts of Motoring Weekly go out for a dinner, and sometimes even a karaoke session.

Since Rob is still in the country, they invite him as well, and dine in a barbecue and grill restaurant.

All of them place their raw meat on the grill at the middle of the table. While waiting for cooking, Nobuhiko notices Takanori's face of disbelief, something that is rarely shown given his upbeat attitude.

Nobuhiko: "Takanori-san, what's wrong?"

Takanori: "Sigh... won't this ever stop? I mean, Kazunori-san is still at it. I haven't gotten over this, the moment I learned of his ambition."

Rob: "You're hopeless. Heroes aren't always you think they are. This is reality, and your beef belly will get burnt."

Takanori takes a moment to grab his share of cooked meat, though still in a depressed mood.

Takanori: "This isn't really supposed to be."

Nobuyuki: "We understand you. But you are Takanori Kanonji. Idols are just idols. You still determine who you are at the end of the day. Be the upbeat and fiery Takanori when you meet Kazunori once again. Get off his shadow once and for all. It's for your own good."

Then Yuki Kanonji arrives, apologizing for his late arrival.

Yuki: "Sorry, traffic isn't really cooperative today."

His arrival breaks the gloomy air, and they all enjoy their meal.

Time: 3 pm, Saturday

Another major racing event is taking place at Tsukuba Circuit, which has a share of weekly events due to its proximity around Tokyo and as well as having cheaper rates.

Just to resume Kazunori's ambition, Atsuo is on the roll once again...

16679400653_a1e596577f_c.jpg

Atsuo: "Now that Dream Alliance's stronghold is in Europe, I shall take over Japan, for Kazunori-san's sake."

17297816042_a62ac2f60b_c.jpg

Atsuo: "You can target him all you want, but you forgot this very place where you came from. How shameful of you."

The Lexus' high-revving engine truly shouts its battle cry. A battle cry that signifies its intent on taking over Japan's motorsports scene...

17297815302_0f4f86d554_c.jpg

Hiroyuki just watched the Tsukuba race in his office. He's just shows a grin after watching it, but it's clearly just a ruse.

Hiroyuki: "Oh Atsuo... you're on fire."

He takes a drink from his glass of water. He breathes out a relaxing sigh, and places the glass on his table while viewing Rob's latest report.

Hiroyuki: "What he's doing right now, is just half the battle. Plus, that's not the Atsuo I used to bicker with at work. And it's more than just bickering..."

Before he can contemplate further, he is interrupted with a door bell. He heads out to see the guest, and it turns out to be Nobuhiko.

The patriarch descends the staircase, and notices his son's serious face.

Hiroyuki: "You don't have to tell me. You are a book. Come."

He leads his son to the large garage where the FT-1 is stashed. It sits alongside his classic Porsche 911s and racing machines.

The young man then gasps in awe upon seeing his beloved car transform into a completely different beast.

17113442039_3e9164891a_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Happy now?"

Nobuhiko: "That's..."

Hiroyuki: "After its loss against Takuma's Mazda, I gathered data from its performance. The FT-1 has a built-in telemetry system, you know?"

Nobuhiko: "That large rear wing..."

17112099550_9f50631137_c.jpg

Nobuhiko goes around for inspection, all he could ever think of are praises.

17113440419_df58ccf302_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Those are large canards at the bumper and gills on those overfenders."

Hiroyuki:
"You can drive it tomorrow, if you wish. But you are to return it to me by dinner."

Nobuhiko: "Huh? I still can't take it back home? I miss this car so much."

Hiroyuki: "For one last time, just this last one... I will borrow it."

Being the owner of the car, Nobuhiko naturally stands firm and poses a follow-up question.

Nobuhiko: "Then tell me why."

Hiroyuki: "I am doing a favor.... for Japan."

End of Page 3

Page 4: Threat

Time: 3 pm, the next day

Sunday, the day that the Hiramotos gather, to go to church, eat out, and go shopping. After that typical routine, however, Nobuhiko and Nobuyuki set out to test the former's heavily-modified FT-1 and head for the hills.

The moment Nobuhiko pushed the accelerator down...

page4.jpg

...the beast within the vehicle immediately awakens.

Nobuyuki: "WHOA!"

Nobuhiko: "This is way, way faster than my Supra!"

page4_1.jpg

Nobuhiko: "This cornering speed, and traction! The aero perhaps surpass that of Super GT machines!"

Entering an uphill stretch, testing the FT-1's power and traction to the limit.

page4_2.jpg

Upon turning the wheel, Nobuhiko can only feel joy as the FT-1 hugs the line tight.

page4_3.jpg

Nobuyuki: "Man... is this even a car?!?"

page4_5.jpg

Nobuhiko: "With this... I'm not afraid to face GT3-spec machines anymore, or even higher-class machines!"

page4_6.jpg

The two decided to take a break at a PA. They look at the car with a magnificent yet aggressive air surrounding it.

Nobuhiko: "That car gave me nothing but chills."

Nobuyuki:
"I guess this is the fruit of your long wait, huh?"

Nobuhiko:
"I have to return this to Oyaji, I'm afraid."

Nobuyuki:
"Why?"

Nobuhiko:
"He still needs the car. And the reason behind it is kind vague. He wants to run, for one last time, for Japan."

Nobuyuki: "That's not enough for an excuse, you know?"

Time: 1 pm, the next day

A Board of Trustees meeting is in session, in Toyota's main headquarters in Tsutsumi plant in Toyota City. Hiroyuki belongs to the prestigious group for decades, and now he still appears sharp as ever, despite the 4 hour drive from Tokyo.

Accompanying him as an escort is Rob Hatch, and he's also needed to show the evidence as Hiroyuki decides to revive the case of Atsuo's disappearance, now that they have found leads.

Rob prepares the presentation to be projected on a large screen. The laptop and cords are set. While the topic is currently on discussion, to be led by Hiroyuki, Rob excuses himself and heads to a bathroom.

Hiroyuki thoroughly explains his team's efforts in toppling the Vision Gran Turismo Project, and as well as Atsuo's involvement, surprising many, including Toyota's top executives.

Hiroyuki: "Now, would you chase your beloved Lexus LF-LC? I would, if I were you. It has turned into a terrorist."

Meanwhile, in the bathroom, Rob fixes his necktie. Apparently he wore the one that he's most annoyed of. Though he wouldn't let that lose his cool.

After a brief moment, he returns to the boardroom.

Rob: "Sorry to interrupt. Please move on."

He once again aligns his necktie.

Meanwhile, outside, a janitor is mopping around the corridor, but what he saw made his mop and his jaw drop...

...as he sees unconscious goons, scattered across the floor. The large mirror on the wall has some cracks on it as well.

Back in the boardroom, Rob once again shows his trademark smug face and then mumbles something while standing beside the presentation.

Rob: "Heh. Not even a workout."

End of Page 4

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Oh Rob.... always staying classy whenever doing what he does best. :lol:

Page 5: How We Play

16698373764_062209d066_c.jpg

The loud cries of the Lexus VGT can be heard in Route 5 as Atsuo heads home.

Seeing no traffic, he uses the opportunity to stretch his car for a bit. Though he is no means of being happy at all...

17113394177_c3e5b1a056_c.jpg

Atsuo:
"So, Hiroyuki... Toyota is going to chase after me once again. This is how we play now?"

17133275310_3a7bbfed01_c.jpg

Atsuo:
"If I learned something from Alan, then that would be how life can be made easier if you have the means. That is entirely true. My experiences in the Vision GT Project prove it."

17320833045_7de2fe6cd0_c.jpg

Atsuo: "However, you and your team decided to meddle. You ruined almost everything. And I must put a stop on it."

17113391377_b8f45c3db1_c.jpg

To close it off, he simply puts up a grin on his face.

Atsuo: "I shall do it the way I know best. Hehehehehe...."

He then takes his phone and contacts an unknown person...

Time: 10 pm

Nobuhiko makes a little visit to his father's home, as he is sent for a little errand after his work.

Upon entering, he notices Rob carrying luggage on his way to the guest room.

Nobuhiko: "Rob?"

Rob: "Oh, Little Nobu's here."

Nobuhiko: "What are you doing here? Were you offered to stay here?"

Rob: "Cannot decline your father for that one, as that's an order."

Nobuhiko: "Huh?"

Before Rob can answer, Hiroyuki descends the staircase and immediately takes the package he asked from Nobuhiko.

Nobuhiko: "Oyaji, doushte? Rob-san wa..." (What's going on, pops? Rob will...)

Hiroyuki: "Kare wa iru." (I need him.)

Nobuhiko: "Naze da?" (Why?)

Hiroyuki:
"Youjinbou wa iru kara." (Because I need a bodyguard.)

Nobuhiko:
"Huh? Doushta? Inochi wa kiken ni? Oshiete kure!" (Why? Your life is in danger? Tell me everything!)

Hiroyuki: "Nani mo shinpai suruna. Subete wa ii darou. Washi wa ki wo tsukeru. (There's nothing for you to worry about. Everything is fine. I'll be careful.)

Nobuhiko: "Ore mo omae ni mamoru!" (I will to protect you too!)

Hiroyuki: "Mou ichido dake. Nani mo shinpai suruna. Omae wa musuko da. Hikkakaruna!" (I'll say it to you one more time. Do not worry. You are my son. Do not get involved!)

Nobuhiko: "Demo..!" (But...)

Hiroyuki: "Ore wa Omae wo motto hayaku naritai. Washi no tameni. Wakata ka?" (I want you to be faster. Do it for me. Understand?)

Nobuhiko could only do nothing but hesitatingly comply to his father's wish.

Nobuhiko: "Hai..." (All right...)

Hiroyuki: "Yuruse, Nobuhiko." (I'm sorry, Nobuhiko.)

Nobuhiko then leaves the residence, in a worrying mood.

To let out the tension quickly, Hiroyuki instructs Rob to come with him to his office. Rob then presents the video footage in his laptop on how he beat up those goons earlier in Toyota's headquarters.

Rob: "I got a copy of the footage from the security. These rascals are definitely after you."

Hiroyuki: "If they don't, then it would be odd why would they attack you. They assume you are my bodyguard, for sure."

Rob: "Then let's go deeper. Did you have any history with Atsuo?"

Hiroyuki breathes out a sigh, knowing that it would be inevitable for him to reveal their past.

Hiroyuki: "Grab a seat. This is another one of those tales that grumpy old men would usually spit out..."

End of Page 5

Page 6: Dirty Work

Hiroyuki has no choice but to reveal the root of... everything. Rob is willing to listen, though.

Rob: "No worries. I'm used to listening to my old man's stories, which will just be a memory."

Hiroyuki: "Atsuo used to be my mechanic, and as well as an avid follower of mine 30 years ago. It was the time that I was gathering all the fame and attention. But then, pride just got in my way.

My self-reliant ideas are not something I can be proud of. Those eventually led to my downfall, amplified further by Michiharu's dedication to teach me a lesson.

And Atsuo is no different from him at all. He, too, defied me and left me eventually. I have expected that he shall plot his vengeance."

Rob: "And that vengeance will come to fruition."

Hiroyuki: "On the contrary, no. He has been plotting every single scheme to take me down, the moment I entered Toyota as a test driver at the height of my career. He wasn't pleased by the fact that the executives chose me. But that provided him huge amounts of opportunity to make every strike."

Rob: "But then of course, they all failed, I assume."

Hiroyuki: "If he had succeeded, then I wouldn't have this house, the team, and even this conversation."

Rob: "What do you think he's plotting next? Now that he has everything at his disposal, thanks to Kazunori."

Hiroyuki: "I don't know, to be honest. But for sure it would be worse than his past attempts. That is why I need my Jason Statham."

Rob: "It's going to be rough, then. Do not be alarmed if your wife sees an array of weapons on the desk in the guest room."

Hiroyuki: "Do what you must. I do not intend to die in the hands of a dishonorable man."

Time: 10 am, the next day

Even though it's a weekday, Tsukuba Circuit is pretty much open. After all, its close proximity to Tokyo attracts car enthusiasts everyday, hence having it to be operational on weekdays for the profits to reel in.

In the midst of the busy day with tuned cars being set up, one works racing car is sure to have a good run here - an R8 LMS Ultra among all motors.

17331385005_464d883a95_c.jpg

Driving it is none other than Toru Tanaka, who converted his 400 km/h, speed-demon R8 into a racer. Obviously, the twin turbo V10 engine had to be detuned in order to meet the requirements, but it still packs plenty of low-end push which is needed in Tsukuba.

The modifications are possible thanks to his professional racing team. His career is sure to skyrocket as well, recognizing his skills as a valuable asset.

17305403806_7b603960b6_c.jpg

Being in the world of professional racing, he knows how tainted it can be, in regards to current issue of the Vision Gran Turismo Project.

Toru: "The only thing that sucks in the professional racing world is that it's being tainted by politics."

17329492772_9576259cc7_c.jpg

Toru: "That green Lexus is on fire, easily obliterating its opponents wherever it goes."

He is then being called by his director, as he has a guest waiting for him at the pit garage.

The young man then leaves the car to the care of his mechanics. He is then surprised at Nobuhiko's presence, who turns out to be the guest.

Toru: "Nobuhiko?"

Nobuhiko: "Toru-kun. Such a nice racing car."

Toru: "Hey, how's it going? I've heard that your father is cracking down on that green Lexus."

Nobuhiko: "That's right. But his life is in danger as a result."

Toru: "Oh no... so it's now getting personal?"

Nobuhiko: "It is. Even for me. But I simply cannot stand by. He's my father. Oh... the real reason I'm here is to tell you that whatever happens, stay away from that Lexus. It's a threat to the Japanese motorsports. Its eligibility is questionable, not to mention the owner's plans. Do not get involved."

Toru: "But..."

Nobuhiko: "I'm sorry, but that Lexus is part of something big going on in the racing world. My team and I are working, even our blood and tears, to stop a larger threat."

Toru: "I don't like being told, but I'll help in any way I can. Just let me. That's the least I can do for the moment."

Time: 2 pm

In the other half of the globe, specifically in France...

17143592148_63de760406_c.jpg

The loud, high-pitched note of the 4-rotor engine shatters the tranquil suburb.

17331383105_7a188b33fd_c.jpg

Kaido is once again testing out Takuma's Mazda LM55, to check the stress levels the car can take at high speeds. The car touches the 400 km/h mark at the long straight.

16708911544_90447fedf5_c.jpg

Kaido: "Hehehehehehe... all good, then. Now, time to put a leash on it. Takuma has to discover for himself how beastly this car is. I shall test if he truly is the world's Rotary Meister."

Time: 9 pm

Back in Japan, Rob sets off alone, in order to gather more information. He walks along the busy streets of Shinjuku, and the bright neon lights keep the district lively. He puts his hands in his pocket as he looks around the stores.

Then he sees Atsuo, which prompts Rob to pursue. But he has to act normally, after all he is just to acquire more information about him.

He sets an allowable pace and distance so as to prevent suspicion from Atsuo. The pursuit then leads to a small street, and sees Atsuo being escorted by armed young men to a bar. Pretending he got lost, Rob apologizes to the posse that stands in his path.

Rob: "Sorry, I'm just a tourist. I got lost."

Even then, the posse ready their weapons, even one of them prepares a baseball bat customized to have spikes.

Rob could only show a smile.

Rob: "Friendly, aren't we?"

Moments later... Rob just walks away from the alley, straightening his leather jacket.

Rob:
"Kids just love skipping school these days. What a pity."

It turns out the posse members are all dumped in a large trash bin. Another flawless move by Rob...

Then he gets his smartphone and contacts Hiroyuki while he is on his way to the train station.

Rob: "Mr. Hiroyuki, I've got some news..."

End of Page 6

Page 7: Reunion

Time: 8 pm, two days later

Rob has just finished buying a present for his wife, and is wrapped and placed in a typical paper bag. The shops are about to close as well, something that he finds it odd.

Rob: "Early birds, eh?"

He then stops by at a Yoshinoya fast food restaurant. The beef bowl he ordered is served in less than a minute, and then takes out a small Japanese phrase book from his leather jacket.

Rob: "Itadakimasu... am I right?"

Yoshinoya employee:
"Y-Yes, sir."

Rob:
"A simple, one word to utter before you dine. Why can't Westerners copy it? I lived here for a year and yet I only know a few phrases."

Rob starts to eat his fill while the employee is wiping the rest of the long table.

After dinner, he immediately heads straight back to Hiroyuki's home, but as he enters, a worried Kyoko meets him.

Kyoko: "Is my husband with you?"

Rob: "No... he actually let me take a day's off, which shouldn't be, in my opinion."

Kyoko: "He hasn't arrived home yet."

Rob: "What?"

Rob attempts to contact Hiroyuki, but there's no answer at all.

But then, the house phone rings. The housewife hurriedly reaches for it and picks it up. After a while, she then goes to panic.

Kyoko: "Iyada!" ("No!")

She then slams the phone down, and approaches Rob in tears.

Rob: "What's wrong?"

Kyoko:
"Save my husband, please! He's taken by the Yakuza!"

Rob: "Yakuza?!? I knew it... I shouldn't have allowed myself for a day off."

Then his phone rings, and the person on the other line is the same one that Kyoko talked to.

Rob: "Hello?"

Atsuo: "Don't even bother knowing how I got your number. I believe you should have done your job. Your precious director is right in front of me, tied but relaxed on his seat.

Come alone, if you really care about your team. I am located in Shinjuku, which I believed you have followed me there, am I right? Hehehehehehe..."

The call ends abruptly, and then Rob heads straight to the guest room. He then quickly assembles his sniper rifle. As he heads out, Kyoko directs him to the garage.

Kyoko: "Garage is this way."

He stops briefly, for a little favor.

Rob:
"One more thing, do not tell your children about this. They are not to be involved."

Even with the vast array of cars, Rob has no time to choose, so what he picked for the rescue mission is...

17175487319_097421b636_c.jpg

Rob has fondness for classics, so he picked Hiroyuki's race-trimmed Toyota 2000GT that has been recently restored.

Rob: "You will be the one to drive your master home, little one..."

16739190274_ca7c075d11_c.jpg

17174128110_3f4cfcc521_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Nobuhiko is about to to head home, when he suddenly sees his father's car speeding around the streets.

Nobuhiko: "Oyaji?"

Feeling worried about his father, he is compelled to follow.

17175483959_d4f6b24c15_c.jpg

17335732466_76c2ac9434_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Where is he going at this hour? He's not the type who goes on night outs."

16741429373_a5f63a30a3_c.jpg

Nobuhiko:
"Something is not right..."

Approaching the destination, Rob sneaks past the alley thanks to his obviously visible sniper rifle he's carrying, by climbing the emergency ladder of a building all the way to the top.

Nobuhiko, meanwhile, sets a distance away from the 2000GT and parks his Elise a block away. He too, climbs up the emergency ladder upon knowing that he's stepping in a bad neighborhood filled with gangs affiliated with the Yakuza.

Inside, Hiroyuki is tied to his seat, while Atsuo wipes his gun.

Atsuo: "You know, I would really resort to this, just to appease Kazunori-san."

Hiroyuki could just giggle.

Hiroyuki: "Desperate times call for desperate measures."

Atsuo: "Just how much lives were lost when one of you destroyed the headquarters? You think if I killed you, it's all worth it? Probably not."

Hiroyuki: "No matter how many bullets you put on my body, they don't put out the flames of dedication we ignited as the result of our efforts. Even if you take our team down, the world knows this already, and right now, as we speak, racing teams are on high alert and will do whatever it takes to take down the Vision GT Project."

Aiming his gun to his old rival, Atsuo visibly shows anger.

Atsuo: "Shut up! You don't have the authority to talk on who's going to be successful! You ruined everything the moment you shunned me out 30 years ago!"

Meanwhile, Nobuhiko makes it and enters through the back door, and is shocked to see what's going on. But he is hiding just meters behind his father.

Hiroyuki: "I admit... I've done something horribly wrong to everyone. But my stance has renewed since then. However, I still believe that you have to rely on your true strength rather than your tools, even if you made the fastest Vision GT car in existence."

Atsuo: "In short, you still hold on to your self-reliant attitude."

Hiroyuki: "Hehehehehe.... you understand so little. Your mind has been warped thanks to your desperation. Go ahead, shoot me. I'm frail, and vulnerable. You don't even have to hire goons to abduct. You can just go in front of me, and shoot me cold. You wasted money on alluding yourself to Yakuza."

Atsuo: "You're already tied, and yet you have the guts to talk like that?!? Seriously, how much is your soul?"

Before he could pull the trigger and deliver the coup de grace, Nobuhiko bravely steps in, standing in front of his father.

Nobuhiko: "STOP! SHOOT ME INSTEAD, YOU IDIOT!!!"

Atsuo:
"Oh ho ho... and who is this? Some sort of a superhero?"

Hiroyuki: "Nobuhiko! I told you to stay away from this!"

Nobuhiko: "I know my father wouldn't go on a night out, so it's normal for me to get worried!"

Atsuo: "At least the party will be much happier. You should have invited the entire Dream Alliance here."

Suddenly, he receives a phone call... from none other than Rob, who is actually aiming at Atsuo for a while. He then flashes a red laser beam on the forehead.

Atsuo: "Hello? Who are you?!?"

Rob: "I like parties, when I'm the one creating them. Put a bullet on to them, and your head will scatter to pieces."

The goons behind Atsuo start to look for the intruder.

Rob: "The more, the merrier, am I right? Let the party begin..."

Rob then shoots the bulb that only illuminates the room. A scramble occurs, and Nobuhiko quickly unties his father.

Nobuhiko: "I'll set you free..."

But Atsuo catches them, and just as he is about to shoot the pair, his cheek receives a flying kick from Rob, knocking him out for a while.

Rob: "Head out to safe place. NOW!"

Nobuhiko finally unties his father, and then the two run away.

Then Rob faces Atsuo's men. Assuming his fighting pose, Rob looks at each one of them.

Rob: "Showtime."

And a fight night will begin...

End of Page 7

Well this personal war between Hiroyuki and Atsuo just got kicked up a notch.

Page 8 - No Ordinary Old Man

With Hiroyuki's safety assured, it's now time for Rob to clean up the mess. Atsuo is pretty much knocked out for a while...

One of the goons make the first strike after an eerie silence. He swings a lead pipe at Rob, but easily gets parried and he got side tossed as a result. Rob then takes the weapon and jams it on the goon's chest.

Rob: "Hurts, don't it?"

Rob returns to facing the rest, now holding the lead pipe. They are wielding more dangerous weapons, on the other hand.

And they all bum rush him, attacking him with all their might. Rob uses the lead pipe to block all their attacks, and is barely successful in doing so. His first counterattack is landing a hit on the back of one of the goon's shin, immobilizing the opponent with ease. He follows it up with a swing of the pipe on to that man's face.

Then the next goon attacks from behind, but Rob's quick reflexes make him evade every swing of that man's baseball bat. Ducking a horizontal swing, Rob jams the pipe on to that man's groin, making the opponent writhe in pain. Then Rob finishes his opponent off with a jumping roundhouse kick.

Next one is a youngster wielding a samurai sword. Rob may have deflected the attack, he sees the pipe having a crack thanks to the sharpness of the blade. But since his opponent is a youngster and a novice to his own weapon, Rob easily sidesteps the next attack and retaliates with a karate chop on to the neck.

Meanwhile, Nobuhiko is en route to Hiroyuki's home.

17375197615_cd79abc113_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Oyaji, are you okay?"

Hiroyuki: "I'm fine. Thank you for coming to save me."

Nobuhiko: "What the hell is going on?"

17373228192_99336ea3f3_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Since you got into this trouble as well, I might as well share it."

During the trip, Hiroyuki tells the tale.

Back in the hideout, Rob finishes off the last of the Yakuza gang members. As he is heading out, he looks back and sees Atsuo standing up.

Seeing that Atsuo is about to pull his gun to shoot him down, Rob punches Atsuo's cheek, knocking him down once again. Rob stops on his tracks and looks at the fallen man.

Rob: "Saturday. Fuji Speedway. Mr. Hiroyuki will be waiting. No weapons or anything atrocious."

Then he leaves Atsuo crawling and struggling to stand up.

Hiroyuki, Kyoko, and Nobuhiko are waiting for Rob to arrive. They are worried as well, but Hiroyuki suddenly shifts to his normal composure.

Hiroyuki: "I believe in him. He'll come back. If he managed to bring down Kazunori's headquarters, then surely, dealing with Yakuza members won't be an issue with him at all."

Nobuhiko: "The most important thing is that you're safe. Next time, I'll hire security."

Hiroyuki: "No need. I'm not that of a high-profile figure, you know?"

Then they hear a car arriving and shutting off its engine.

17373226922_1aef6186c6_c.jpg

Rob gets out of the car, and enters in the house whistling his tune.

Nobuhiko: "Rob!"

Hiroyuki: "Are you hurt? How's Atsuo?"

Rob: "I let him off. I told him that he must race you in Fuji Speedway this Saturday."

Nobuhiko: "Why didn't you finish him off? Or call the cops, even?"

Rob: "Because I don't want any unnecessary bloodshed. Racing only involves cars, not blood."

Nobuhiko: "But still..."

Rob: "The only one who can settle with Atsuo is your father, Nobu. Let the decades-long grudge be settled once and for all."

Letting out a sigh, Hiroyuki stands firm, and is ready to end everything for his one last ride.

Hiroyuki: "All right. With everything back to normal, I will practice in Fuji. Rob, come with me, as usual."

Rob: "Understood."

Hiroyuki: "I shall give everything, for my one last ride. The one that will change the face of the Japanese motorsports."

Time: 11 am, the next day

As planned, Hiroyuki goes straight to practice, for the duel on the upcoming weekend. Rob is at the passenger seat, showing nothing more than awe.

17374857151_5310c6b7ce_c.jpg

He is amazed at the car's braking abilities, but even more at Hiroyuki's reflexes even at such an old age.

17187395198_62f4e99743_c.jpg

Rob: "He's not just an old man."

17349234526_375c880790_c.jpg

Rob: "He still has it. The skills he perfected. They defy his age! I think he could be even more skilled than my father!"

17375192065_8aa8849d4e_c.jpg

Hitting the accelerator immediately and pointing the car in pinpoint accuracy, Hiroyuki seems to have revived his glory days.

Rob: "No wonder even the likes of Takuma bow down in his presence. Mr. Hiroyuki is still a force to be reckoned with, a man that still has the flames!"

End of Page 8

Back