Takuma Gaiden II: Road to America (Pt. 2) - Page 31: LFA's Song

• Thread starter RCKakashi14
  • 1,053 comments
Page 9: KERS

Time: 2 pm, Saturday

Hiroyuki's children watch their father setting up the car all by himself. Though eventually they lend him their hands. Rob, meanwhile, is recording everything through his portable video camera.

Rob: "Wake up, Takuma. It's 5 am back home, and I suppose he's awake."

However, his recording is cut short by the arrival of Atsuo. The bright green Lexus easily attracts attention.

Atsuo, while bruised up during the encounter, is still pretty much capable of driving. He has no injuries at all.

Atsuo: "I guess I was wrong about you, Hiroyuki!"

The statement prompts the Hiramotos to stop what they're doing. Hiroyuki then confronts his nemesis.

Hiroyuki: "Glad to see you're okay. Let's just finish this."

Atsuo: "You? Concerned about me? Don't try so hard to change, Hiroyuki. Even if you run the team, the past clings on to you."

Hiroyuki: "Heh. True... but at least I learned something from it."

Atsuo: "You really are war freaks. To think your son and that British guy over there acted as superheroes. That was a nice punch, by the way."

Hiroyuki: "We just stand up for what is just. Plain and simple. You, on the other hand, went beyond to the point of destroying dreams. That Lexus is clearly illegal to compete in any Japanese touring car race."

Atsuo: "I shall teach you how to look forward, Hiroyuki. The time for self-reliance is over. You have to recognize how technology works wonders!"

Rob: "Get in the line, ladies. I'm bored."

Hiroyuki: "5 laps. You have the luxury of time of proving me wrong. I assume you'll play fair and square this time."

Without further stalling, the two old men prepare themselves for battle.

17202020788_d8988c3a9f_c.jpg

Hiroyuki allows himself to pace away a bit. Though Nobuhiko worries.

Nobuhiko: "I hope Oyaji still has it."

Rob: "Worried, aren't we? Want to know? He scared the s**t out of me."

Little Nobu quickly changes his mood to an optimistic one...

Nobuhiko: "All right, then. What you said is more than enough."

They set off without further interruption. Mt. Fuji hears the voices emitted by those high-revving engines.

17182380737_e0768b3dbf_c.jpg

Nobuhiko still has his doubts, though...

Nobuhiko: "The Lexus LF-LC concept debuted with a hybrid powertrain. So it won't be a surprise if that one has an improved version of it."

Nobuyuki: "High performance hybrids are slowly starting to enter the waters."

16769555033_a511c25f57_c.jpg

Nobuhiko: "Upon further inspection, it turns out that the FT-1 now has a Kinetic Energy Recovery system. It's a system that is different from a typical hybrid."

Rob: "The batteries are charged when one steps on the brakes."

Nobuyuki: "And then the energy can be used in providing extra power in short bursts."

Nobuhiko: "I won't be surprised if Atsuo will exploit and abuse that system to his end."

Nobuyuki: "I wonder if Oyaji will use it too. He's a firm believer of human capability."

16769554373_04c3b31081_c.jpg

In the action, Hiroyuki observes his opponent, his trait ever since he began racing in his life. While he had developed the KERS setup, and the button is within his reach, he simply watches in curiosity.

Hiroyuki:
"You clearly take advantage of the KERS setup. Good for you, then. If you have the means, why not use them?"

17389474751_e8946bc604_c.jpg

But even then, the slipstream at the main straight provides boost for the FT-1 as well. Odds are evened as the two cars enter the 2nd lap.

Atsuo: "Slipstream - the most natural and conventional way of gaining speed. While I recognize it, I believe that speed still matters in every aspect, and must be utilized as much as you please. The KERS was developed by those who truly seek it! Why wait to catch your opponent, when you can simply do it in a press of a button?"

Meanwhile, the spectators are still discussing the merits of the system.

Nobuyuki: "While the KERS does not equal the boosting power of a Nitrous Oxide nor a scramble boost, it doesn't provide much stress to the engine at all, and I haven't heard any Formula 1 car having its engine receiving long-term damage from it."

Nobuhiko: "It's a safe way of increasing speed, that's all."

Rob: "But of course, anything has its weaknesses. I'm a time attack expert, you know? And you must be aware why time attack racers do not rely on speed enhancing devices."

But still, the benefits of the system is further demonstrated at the 2nd lap, leaving Hiroyuki behind.

Hiroyuki: "Technology does work wonders, I admit. Even this FT-1 has it."

17202017298_3e9a8c1c4f_c.jpg

Hiroyuki:
"Heh... how ironic. Someone like you who has vast knowledge in mechanics must know the price of too much dependence on technology."

17363866146_e31e9db607_c.jpg

Atsuo:
"Hiroyuki, where is your mojo now, huh? I can't believe your flailing behind. Perhaps even skills are a victim of aging!"

17182376097_e5ebcbe3ae_c.jpg

Upon touching the main straight again, Atsuo activates KERS once again, providing a boost for his advantage.

But even then, Hiroyuki manages to stay close.

Atsuo: "How... can this be?"

17389833505_abb2339928_c.jpg

Rob then shows a smug face.

Rob: "Look, Mr. Hiroyuki still manages to cling behind."

Nobuhiko: "Yeah, looks like it."

Rob: "Abusing such tech can eventually lead to your downfall. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, right?"

Nobuyuki: "I think I got it. No wonder Oyaji is still close, assuming he doesn't use KERS at all!"

Nobuhiko: "Excess speed!"

17203606699_239ec17401_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Is that the best your engineering expertise can offer? How lame. Besides...

...you are already trapped in a psychological warfare, from the moment we set off!"

End of Page 9

Oyaji is not just for show! Atsuo has found that out in worst possible way...

And remember kids, don't overuse KERS. Even the best technology can wear your car out really quickly.

Page 10 - True Strength

17400178125_87e10a5d58_c.jpg

Hiroyuki takes his stride - to give it all in his one, final run.

Hiroyuki: "I will make sure - that in my last ever run, I shall be able to set a good example for the youth! The next generation needs a guide!"

16779876243_9131bd6354_c.jpg

Atsuo, however, is starting to get frantic. His quick-win strategy seems to fail on him.

Atsuo: "Impossible! My usage of KERS should be able to finish him off! Why is he still hanging on?!?"

Meanwhile, Nobuyuki starts to provide light in regards to the KERS' weaknesses.

Nobuyuki: "Excess speed could lead more stress to the brakes. You need more stopping power, hence you need to brake even earlier."

Nobuhiko: "Which hurts your overall pace and lap times."

Nobuyuki: "You can use KERS, only if dealing with Fuji's main straight."

Nobuhiko: "But in the technical sections, it will eventually turn out to be a liability rather than an asset."

Rob: "You geeks can get a room and talk all day."

17213947329_062f0fc91d_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "You can't hope to outrun me using that technology! Keep using it, and you will even have a lower average battery charge, making you use it even less!"

Then at the main straight, starting the 4th lap, Hiroyuki takes advantage of the draft and goes to Atsuo's side to impose pressure on the opponent.

17399785661_5e39aba9d5_c.jpg

Atsuo, looking to his right, could not believe the tables have turned.

Atsuo:
"Why?!? He's now on my side!"

He then looks at the battery charge, and it turns out that the reserves are low.

Atsuo: "Shoot! I must have conserved the charge. I keep on using KERS in the hopes of outrunning him!"

As if being fully hypnotized by Hiroyuki's strategy, and as well as carrying excess speed, the Lexus VGT overshoots in the first turn as the speed proved too much for the brakes.

17212574460_85b554ea48_c.jpg

Atsuo: "This is outrageous!"

Even on full braking, the Lexus' battery reserves are still at 50%.

Atsuo: "50%. All right, this should be enough to pop behind him!"

Atsuo presses the button, hoping it would work like magic.

17212364278_caae8177dd_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "How stubborn. That technology will eventually turn on you."

However, this proved too much for Atsuo now, as he has to slow down even more - resulting in Hiroyuki moving further away from him.

17212364598_405887c653_c.jpg

Atsuo: "Come on, Lexus! I spent years perfecting you! You must not fail!"

Hiroyuki's point is now starting to come in full circle, as the Lexus' brakes could not slow down the car enough to make the next turn.

17212362408_6f7b897d72_c.jpg

And then takes a hit.

17212569920_720dc0cbea_c.jpg

Atsuo: "No... everything I've worked on... went to nothing? All my plans have crumbled."

17400165655_9e3e3e3849_c.jpg

Hiroyuki: "Hmph. It's not that much. He won't get a concussion."

Hiroyuki's children are joyous to see their father running the lead at the main straight, though the 5th lap has just started.

17212358808_f675b87698_c.jpg

Rob: "That old man still has it."

17398162562_dd8f2deb23_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "That's right! But wait... where's Atsuo?"

Nobuhiko contacts the circuit marshals, and immediately got the report.

Nobuhiko: "Atsuo crashed. We won!"

Rob: "Time to postpone the damn thing."

Hiroyuki then decides to quit the race knowing his nemesis has crashed and conceded. He returns to the pit lane, with his two children congratulating him.

Nobuyuki: "I knew you still have it in you, Oyaji!"

Hiroyuki:
"My last ever run concluded with a victory. I am completely satisfied."

Then they see the damaged Lexus approaching them. Atsuo gets out, obviously devastated with the defeat.

Atsuo: "Hiroyuki... why? Why can't I ever get over you?"

Hiroyuki: "You can easily do so, you know?

However, the reason why you are defeated is very simple - you do not believe in yourself!"

Atsuo: "What are you talking about?!?"

Hiroyuki: "It is true that my philosophy of self-reliance has shares of faults, but I have changed my notion of it. We all have to admit that technology improves our lives, but abusing it will turn out to be our downfall.

Your usage of KERS is an example. Instead of following the proper racing line and braking points, you keep on pressing that magical button until it is too late for you to realize the tables have turned.

I will also have to admit that the FT-1 has that setup as well, but I never made an effort to press it."

Everyone is surprised by that last sentence.

Hiroyuki: "I never pressed that button, even though plenty of opportunities arose. That's because I believed in myself. I believed that I shall prevail, and that gave me the strength to overcome you.

This race, is just what our team is fighting for, in a nutshell. No matter what kind of obstacle is being thrown at us, we believe in ourselves that we can make it, regardless of what type of car we're driving.

Cars are just weapons with four wheels. TRUE STRENGTH LIES WITHIN ONESELF! That is what our team is fighting for!"

Atsuo: "Impossible! You mean to say all technology is useless?!?"

Hiroyuki: "Only if you don't utilize them properly, that is."

Suddenly, then came men in combat gear, aiming their guns at Atsuo.

Rob: "I think the pity party is over."

Nobuhiko: "MI6?"

Rob: "The moment I became your father's bodyguard, MI6 called in the shots and lifted my suspension prematurely.

Bring him in, boys."

They close in and apprehend their target. Then Rob walks away while lighting up a cigarette.

Rob: "I hate it when holidays are over."

Having started to smoke, he follows his men. Nobuyuki definitely recognizes Rob's cool moments.

Nobuyuki: "I guess this wraps it up, then."

With the dust settled, Hiroyuki looks at the bright sun.

Hiroyuki: "Michiharu Kanonji...

...once again, I thank you."

End of Page 10

Page 11: Shepherd

Time: 3 pm, one month later

Hiroyuki returns to his leadership of the team, after having finally buried the hatchet and as well as saving Japan's motorsports scene.

He then moves to the Dream Alliance Headquarters. Business is back to normal. He is busy signing contracts. While tedious and stressful to the hand, he is thankful that opportunities for the team keep coming in.

Hiroyuki: "Alas, everything is back as it should be."

The tranquility interrupted, however, when he hears a buzz in his office. Someone wishes to see him.

Hiroyuki: "Come in."

It turns out to be Andy Midfield. He returns from his assistance in restoring their racing cars' rigidity.

Hiroyuki: "Oh there you are. I almost forgot why I summoned you."

Andy:
"Uh..."

Hiroyuki: "You would want to hear this, and will send you packing your bags."

Andy: "What is it?"

Hiroyuki: "Your friend Alan is now back in America."

The American is shocked to hear the one thing he's been longing for...

Andy: "R-Really?!?"

Hiroyuki: "An old friend of mine filled me in that info before he went behind the bars. Apparently, he trained your friend to be a faster driver."

Andy: "He'll be tougher."

Hiroyuki: "For sure. You've been idle in the team lately, and it's my fault. But as my way of compensating, I have fulfilled my promise of helping you finding him. Now go, you have a country to save. You finally have a purpose."

Andy: "Right."

Hiroyuki: "I saved my country, now it's your turn to save yours. Alan will soon conquer the US Tuner scene. Show him what the real muscle is."

Andy: "Of course. And thank you, Hiroyuki-san. I owe you a lot."

Andy gleefully leaves the room, then Hiroyuki looks at the bright sun by the window.

Hiroyuki: "I've done my part, and what I can only do is to guide this generation. Their skills surpass mine, definitely; but my guidance must be intact. I must be the shepherd of this flock of very determined sheep.

I foresee some more busy days ahead. It's going to be a rough new chapter."

Time: 6 pm

Owen is at his home in Essex, waiting for Maria to get dressed as they will eat out in London for dinner. Ever since they began their relationship, the two have been living together in Essex with the approval of Maria's parents. To cap it off, they are currently engaged.

After tying his shoes, he sees Maria descending the stairs.

Maria: "Let's go!"

Owen: "Someone is too excited."

Then they leave. Owen drives Maria's MINI for obvious reasons.

17228432009_a1289dc65d_c.jpg

Maria: "Hey, where do you plan to dine in London?"

Owen: "I don't know, actually. But after dinner, let's stop by in my former place of work. I miss my friends there."

Maria is browsing for restaurants through her smartphone's internet.

Maria: "Sure. And I am already searching for good restaurants."

After eating dinner in a fancy steakhouse nearby Savile Row, the pair head immediately to Latte Night as planned.

16792123464_dc1ec603bc_c.jpg

Owen greets his former co-workers, while seeing some new faces.

Alma: "Oh Owen! I thought you'd never stop by here again..."

Owen: "There she goes again. Hey, you're three months pregnant, you know? Any form of depression might harm your baby."

Upon hearing that though, Maria goes and manages to find a table. She calls Owen and then the pair settled in.

Alma takes the liberty of taking their orders.

Owen: "For me, the usual blend."

Alma: "What is it again? Well, when was the last time you visited here? Hehe."

Owen: "Caramel blend with three spoons of sugar topped with whipped cream. You forgot that already? It's that easy..."

Alma: "Gotcha. And how about you, madam?"

Maria looks up, but she does seem depressed.

Owen: "Maria, are you okay?"

Maria: "Oh sorry. I want... a Viennese."

Alma: "Okay. Any dessert?"

Owen: "Mmmmmm... what about that special crepe? Haven't heard that for a while."

Alma: "You'll love that mango filling. I mean, real mango chunks."

Owen: "Definitely worth a try."

Alma goes to the kitchen and have the orders processed. Owen looks at Maria with concern.

Owen: "Are you okay? We can go home after this."

Maria:
"I'm just tired. I do need coffee. But I do want to go home, as I don't feel like doing shopping for today."

Owen:
"It's not nice to shop by night, anyway. Okay, if that's what you want."

Time: 8 am, the next day

Hiroyuki and Rob have signed the paper passing the ownership of the car to the latter. With that, he takes this opportunity to have another run in his dream car that he finally laid hands on.

17226871348_1d21460c9c_c.jpg

It's repainted in British Racing Green, as part of Rob's promise to Dennis.

17414645395_5c64cf9139_c.jpg

Rob: "I'm on a roll. I could never thank you enough, Mr. Hiroyuki. It's an honor being inherited with this car. I never expected nor asked for this."

17228427919_118137b194_c.jpg

Rob: "I shall christen this car as the new Hatchmobile. Cheesy name, though."

However, he already has a plan with the car, and it's a big one.

Rob: "With this, I can face those two, without any doubt. The epic brawl in Nurburgring will push through."

16792118874_55f02b29cb_c.jpg

Rob: "I'm ready. Nobuhiko Hiramoto and Takuma Kanonji....

...come at me!!!"

THE END

Never though I'd see Rob use such a cheesy name for his Mclaren. It's obvious that the only fitting name for the car would be the "Jason Destroyer 3.0", of course. :sly: :lol:

As usual, I'll open up a room tonight, for car reveals for the last 3 arcs.

Yep, you've read the bold text part right, we are on the final chapter of the VGT Saga.

As usual, I'll open up a room tonight, for car reveals for the last 3 arcs.

Yep, you've read the bold text part right, we are on the final chapter of the VGT Saga.

Oh? You're going to end the VGT saga? I guess you can't afford to wait for the remainder of VGT cars to get added to the game. Either that or you just want to get different ideas for the story. Well, nevertheless, it should be a fun ride.

The final 3 arcs:

- MINI VGT arc (coming up next)
- VW GTI Supersport VGT arc
- The final one: Kazunori taking on the Dream Alliance personally, and then Takanori steps in to fight his idol.

Then Glimpse II will follow, set once again 20 years in the future. (some more VGTs are coming)

And then we'll be back to the present - the epic three-way brawl at the Nurburgring!

PRIDE AND HONOR

Dream Alliance is to open up an old wound as they encounter a woman who has a very strong sense of devotion. She will do everything in her power to make someone in the team pay.

Meanwhile, Maria meets a new dilemma which is something she's unprepared of - and that will put her relationship with Owen to the test.

Page 1: New Path

Time: 1 pm, one week later

Eiger, Switzerland...

A tourist attraction, and a haven for adventurers thanks to its proximity within the Alps. It surely provides breathtaking views.

However...

...it's also a hotspot for racers.

17263950018_a91350efee_c.jpg

A rally car steals the show, as it gains attention from the bystanders.

And then it enters a dirt stage...

16831438713_fab640d1ee_c.jpg

Skill and concentration are definitely priorities when it comes to rallying. The dirt provides very low friction which makes cars go hairy.

16829155884_11f27be344_c.jpg

Piloting the said car is a Japanese woman with a slender frame. The way she drifts the car shows how much experience she has in rallying and setting the best sector times.

17451708225_19e3fa39ac_c.jpg

17451363461_5a437eb5a7_c.jpg

However, she stops her car after that last drift. There's no mechanical trouble, but what are her reasons?

She steps out of the car to get that cool, fresh air after a hot and hard driving session behind the wheel.

The woman's name is Mako Sakamoto. A rising star in the world of rallying, and feared among her male rivals as well. She got her start back in Japan driving hatchbacks in the lower category of the sport.

However, right now, she can only run her rally car for free runs as the rallying season has just concluded. But, as with any race car driver, the itch to drive is still there...

Mako: "Sigh... I've got nothing to do again. I got a high pay, but money is no matter for me. I don't even know how to spend it, and just let it lay low in the bank.

Rallying has such a very short season. Sector time trials are too quick to pass by."

However, she is then jolted as if something entered in her mind.

Mako: "What if I get to try a different discipline? Would that be fun too?"

Time: 8 pm, Sunday

Takuma has just finished cooking dinner. He is about to leave for UK after supper. He spent 3 days in Germany to arrange some matters regarding new races and sponsor deals.

He serves the meal on the dining table, where Hiroyuki calmly waits. Though they are the only persons in the dining room right now.

Hiroyuki: "You don't have to stay too long here. You've got a job in UK as a car reviewer, am I right?"

Takuma: "Well, yes. But I can't bear seeing you lonely around here."

Hiroyuki: "Hey, I am already prepared for that. I am the team director, and had this headquarters built for the team. And it's just part of the job that I must stay here. Even my wife approves of this. I am just fine here. Plus, Nigel acts as my secretary and provides me company in this place too."

Takuma: "He even sleeps here."

Hiroyuki: "Anyway, we must focus on what's ahead. We have plenty of races coming up. And your job is to guide our three new racers as well. Andy is in America right now, joining in the US Tuner championship in hopes of finding his friend. You will coach him there. I'll take care of the rest."

Takuma: "Understood. When will I leave?"

Hiroyuki: "Oh... that. You'll go to America once we're done with some races here in Europe. My mind is always jumbled. Rob won't be around, that's why it's also your job to monitor Maria and Owen's progress. I don't worry too much on Andy, though. He can handle himself for the time being."

Takuma: "Got it."

Hiroyuki: "And don't worry on flight plans, because you'll be staying in the UK for the time being. Then you'll go to America after that."

Takuma:
"So it's safe to assume that this whole VGT thing is not done yet, huh?"

Hiroyuki: "Absolutely. As long as we keep doing this, Kazunori will come out in the open soon enough. Though I gotta admit that when Rob totally brought down his headquarters single-handedly, it has been a huge progress for us even though I didn't ask for it."

Time: 4 pm, the next day

Rain, a typical British weather. While Owen naturally has gotten used to it, it's something that bothers Maria.

Coming from London and heading their way back home, Maria is once again appalled at the overcast while driving.

Maria: "Ugh... you know, this really bugs me a lot the moment I started to live here."

17449683772_8f7d8f8f24_c.jpg

Owen: "Gotta get used to it. Unlike your sunny Portugal, Britain has a love-hate relationship with the sun."

17451357981_25a50d5e24_c.jpg

Maria: "Well, as long as I drive carefully, then it shouldn't be that of a concern."

Owen: "Yeah... I believe in you."

17451354701_ab2f922c24_c.jpg

Maria:
"Takuma-san has called me up yesterday. He is to coach us for the upcoming races. Finally, we got something to do!"

17266759718_a37ae6ed9b_c.jpg

Owen: "Better than nothing, eh?"

Maria: "You know, I still have so many things I want to do. And I want us to do it, together."

Maria puts up a smile, just to cheer themselves up in this gloomy weather.

Owen: "Of course. Let's do them together. I wish to spend the eternity with you..."

Maria: "Wow! I'm impressed! You've become brave when it comes to saying what you feel. Ahahahaha! There's nothing wrong with what you said, you know? I like it."

End of Page 1

Page 2: Rain and Sunshine

Time: 3 pm, one week later

The Dream Alliance joins in their first ever race from the new batch of contracts that Hiroyuki signed in. Owen is to represent for this, but...

rain.jpg

Rain has once again enters the battle stage. Maria and Takuma could only spectate, but they do not worry about Owen's performance at all.

Maria: "It's raining again. I hope Owen won't get sick."

Takuma: "I guess we need to buy more rain tires."

rain_1.jpg

Maria: "This just reminds me of the time my father disappeared. Life isn't all about sunshine at all."

rain_2.jpg

Takuma: "That's true. But why are you saying those things? As a strong woman, you should just forget about it and move on."

Maria: "It seems that another rain will come in my life. When can I ever see sunshine?"

Takuma: "Like I said, you are a strong woman. You can still stand up in the midst of rain, even if it is a storm. You'll pull through."

rain_3.jpg

Maria shows a smile, having being encouraged by Takuma. One would wonder, though...

Maria: "Thanks. I guess rain isn't so bad at all. Sometimes we do need it. It reminds us to be always on our feet."

Takuma: "Ahahahaha! Hey, cheer up! Something wrong with you? Why say those things?"

Maria: "Hey! Sometimes even strong people need to soften up a little. Like you!"

In the midst of their bickering, they see that Owen takes the victory.

Maria: "Wow... he did it. And to think KTM X-Bows are twitchy."

Time: 4 pm

Meanwhile, in Essex, the overcast is still prevalent. Rain continues to pour across United Kingdom.

But as for a Subaru Impreza 22B STi, the wet pavement shouldn't be a problem at all.

rain_4.jpg

A legend, and soon to be a future classic, only a handful of 22B Imprezas were officially imported to United Kingdom via Prodrive along with some modifications.

Once again, it is driven by none other than Mako. It turns out to be her late brother's memento...

Mako and Nikko moved to UK ever since the latter's success in his career, having decided that life would be much better abroad along with the fact that their parents passed away.

Nikko then sourced the 22B Impreza as a 2nd hand unit, a lucky find to say at least.

rain_5.jpg

Mako: "I guess time to move on to a different venture. A wet road is no different to a dirt pavement, offering little grip at all - which is the challenge of rallying."

rain_6.jpg

Then another idea hits on to Mako's mind...

Mako: "What if I enter in a contact sport? Would it be much fun if I race with somebody?"

rain_7.jpg

However, she backtracked.

Mako: "But I cannot just use this at all. I got to preserve the only thing that reminds me of my brother..."

Time: 7 pm

Mako returns home to London after a brief run in Essex. The car is in need of a warm up after all. The rain has stopped as well, providing her the opportunity to get out and walk to the grocery store nearby to stock up on supplies.

After half an hour, she returns home, and starts to cook supper. She then turns on the television at the kitchen, just to keep the atmosphere alive somehow.

She switches to a sports channel, and then she sees a footage of Dream Alliance's victory in the race in Brands Hatch. The footage also shows the race highlights, how Owen heroically overtook his opponents.

Then the next clip shows the team itself, and then she notices Takuma on the background. From that moment, she has changed her mood drastically...

Mako: "Takuma Kanonji... you're still here."

She then clenches her fist, not minding the state of her cooking for a while. Thoughts of anger come in.

Mako: "I think I have finally found something new to do. A new purpose."

End of Page 2

Page 3: Dilemma

Time: 10 am, the next day

The couple were actually invited by Takuma to hang out, since he's given a day off. They are pretty much prepared, being dressed and all, but...

...Maria makes another return trip to the bathroom.

Owen: "Make it quick, okay? We're going to London."

Inside the bathroom, after some vomiting, Maria takes another quick look at the pregnancy test which she took the other day.

And it turns out...

...that she's expecting a child. Now it's no wonder why she's rather troubled in the past few days.

But feeling the need to hurry, she puts it back in a plastic container and then quickly fixes her hair.

She's all set, ready to face another rainy day.

The pair made it to London with little traffic. Takuma is waiting at a meeting place, in a restaurant.

Takuma: "Hey guys. I already ordered."

Maria: "Sorry for being late. So, any plans for today?"

Takuma: "After doodling around here, we'll go to Silverstone, just to reserve the track for my next car review. On the way, we'll discuss our future plans."

Owen: "Sounds like a good plan. I've heard there will be an event for start-up racers. Could be fun to watch."

Takuma: "Sure!"

The waiter arrives and gives the couple their own menu to browse at. Takuma just stirs the iced tea with a straw while watching them placing their orders.

At Silverstone, in the Stowe mini-circuit, a track day event is held, for amateur racers.

17528892556_0bc0d06c95_c.jpg

Though she's no amateur in skill, Mako still considers herself to be one, now that she's entering in a different type of racing. Though she has no choice but to use her late brother's Impreza.

Mako: "Nii-san, you told me once that I must follow my path. Here I am, heeding your advice right now."

Meanwhile, the three are watching the event, as the reservation turned out to be a quick one.

Maria: "It's coming down, eh?"

Owen: "Look at that Sccoby, it's obviously on fire."

17552975862_241544a7b4_c.jpg

Takuma: "Four-wheel drive. I still have a love-hate relationship with that thing. I like it for its capability, but on the other hand I hate it on how poseurs use it with overconfidence."

Being a rally car driver, Mako clearly knows how to execute a drift on a four-wheel drive car. She turns abruptly and immediately buried the throttle. Coupled with how she adjusted the power bias more to the rear, a slide is definitely possible.

17555144021_e616be0568_c.jpg

The race ends with Mako's win, along with applauding of course.

The three decided to leave, but then just as they are about to do so, Mako spots them and catches up.

Mako: "Hey!"

They are stopped on their tracks, letting being soaked by the rain and turn back to face her. Seeing that she is Japanese by her looks alone, Takuma approaches her.

Mako: "Kanonji Takuma..."

Takuma: "Dare ga?" (Who are you?)

Mako musters up her courage, and shows a firm look on her face.

Mako: "Sakamoto Nikko... oboete iru ka?" (Nikko Sakamoto. Remember him?)

Takuma: "Nani wo hanashta? (What are you talking about?)

Mako: "Kore wa... oniisan no tameni!" (This is... for my brother!)

Without any hint of hesitation, Mako slaps Takuma's face, filled with anger and hate. Maria and Owen gasped.

Mako: "Ima oboete iru ka? Soretomo, motto wo iru ka?" (You remember now? Or do you want more?)

However, just as she is about to make another hit, Maria quickly steps in and catches Mako's left arm.

Maria: "What's wrong with you?!?"

Takuma: "Maria!"

Mako: "Oh so you have a bodyguard now? Or your concubine? Whatever... men like you are spineless! You think you can easily run away?!?"

Firming her grasp on the arm, Maria also shows a serious face that quickly turns into a taunting smile.

Maria: "You can't just pop out of nowhere and hit someone, girl. Have some grace."

Mako: "Listen, woman. I won't stop until your friend there pays the price."

Maria: "Then I won't stop, too. Either you talk your way out of this or lose your teeth. Your choice."

Takuma: "Maria, stop it!"

Just to end the tension, Maria lets Mako free, but not in a gentle way as she lets go with force, pushing Mako a bit and almost tripping herself.

Maria points her finger at Mako before they can leave.

Maria: "Want a fight? I'll give you one. I don't want seeing my friends hurt and I don't care how much blood you'll lose here. You have issues... little girl! I'd quit whining if I were you.

Now go back home to your mommy and leave us alone."

Maria then shows a wink from her eye and a smile; then walks away.

On the way back to the car, Maria is visibly annoyed. And Takuma is feeling worse.

Maria: "Ugh... women like her give us a bad name! Seriously, if they have issues, they should just be direct and stop yapping!"

Owen: "Hey, Takuma-san. Are you okay?"

Takuma: "No use hiding this issue. An old wound has opened up. Never thought he'd have a furious little sister."

Maria:
"Yeah, what's wrong with her? Something must have happened. She can't just slap you without reason!"

Takuma: "Sigh... all right. I'm sure the tale won't even last for the trip back to London."

End of Page 3

Page 4: Wildfire

Time: 4 pm, the next day

That little incident, not to mention a cold shoulder, left a rather huge impact on Takuma. The past will definitely do anything in its power to catch up.

He's obviously having thoughts as he drives his late adoptive father's Countach on the way back to London, as he had it restored for days.

17592735361_4ae2501ce9_c.jpg

Takuma: "It's immoral to play with the dead, even with just his name alone. But it was done out of spite..."

17590416072_79109a52ce_c.jpg

Takuma: "It was indeed terrible, and I deserve more than just a slap."

17405170700_f10e5b70eb_c.jpg

Takuma: "But seeing through her eyes, she has an intention of honoring her brother. They were filled with anger, but also hesitation and sadness.

Should she wish to engage me in a duel, then so be it.

I will prove to her that I never run away from anything I face!"

Time: 5 pm

Owen returns from his daily cycling, and he just covered up 10 miles back and forth for today. He immediately heads to his room to rest for a while and have a bath afterwards. Maria is seen browsing on her laptop, looking at various art and design articles. She stands up, ready to deliver her news, but is then too late as Owen locked the bathroom.

Maria: "Oh..."

However, she hears Owen's phone ringing, and it turns out to be Rob on the other line. This prompts Owen to shout from inside.

Owen: "Maria! Who's calling?"

Maria: "It's Rob!"

Owen: "Oh... you can answer it."

Maria: "Gotcha."

She complies to the instructions.

Maria: "Hello, Rob? Maria here."

Rob: "Something really hot is going on. Social media is abuzz."

17405168510_f7e8d82d2e_c.jpg

Maria: "Huh?"

Rob: "Check the Dream Alliance's Facebook and Twitter pages. You're in for a surprise."

Maria: "I'm on it."

To her shock, both pages display a post made by Mako. Her post contains derogatory statements, attacking solely on Takuma on how he dishonored her late brother Nikko by impersonation.

Maria: "She's really getting on my nerves. This is why we women are still being looked down. Always yapping!"

Owen gets out of the bathroom, just wrapped in a towel drying himself up.

Owen: "What's going on?"

Maria crackles her knuckles on both hands. It's about to get personal for her, even though she has nothing to do with what happened. She owes a lot to Takuma, and it's her volition to go on his side in times of need.

Maria: "The furious little sister invaded our pages. That's it. Not only her teeth will fall off, but also her head!"

Owen: "I wonder if Takuma-san has read them."

Maria: "Most likely. Hey, let's help him out. We owe him a lot as he let us in the team. Time to return the favor, right?"

Owen: "You're right."

Time: 9 pm

Takuma calls for an emergency meeting. Rob, Maria and Owen heeded the call and arrived.

While his wife is preparing her children to put to sleep, Takuma is with his teammates downstairs, ready to discuss matters. Though he is visibly upset.

Takuma: "I guess the past caught up with me."

Rob: "You can't escape it, chap. You reap what you sow."

Maria: "But even then, she shouldn't have resorted to that. If she wants to deal with him, then do it directly! If this can be talked out, then talk it out! Words are powerful, you know?"

Takuma: "If those posts are meant to lure me out, then I'll go out. I'll face her."

Maria: "No."

Takuma: "But... you're not involved! I may have told you what happened but you must stay out of this."

Maria: "I'll show her how women settle things. I'm going to deal with her. Besides, you're not the only one in this team, you know?

You told me before, we'll conquer challenges, and achieve our dreams... together. So let's do this together. Let us help you out.

I owe you so much, hence allow me to return the favor."

Takuma: "All right then. I'll leave it to you. But you are aware how skilled she is, right?"

Maria: "No matter how talented she is behind the wheel, I'll beat the crap out of her. I'll show her who the real BAD GIRL is."

Takuma: "I almost forgot, you are our resident Bad Girl. And your races so far prove it. There's no reason for me to doubt you. Your training under my wing definitely paid off, and Owen as well."

Rob: "I take the credit for the latter, silly. Owen learned the ways of the Hatch."

Takuma: "I'm leaving this to you, Maria. And...

...thank you for having my back. I owe you one."

End of Page 4

16972510333_2a2b556ac7_c.jpg

Is that name is one of those Trap Masters in Skylanders for that page? Anyway, sorry for the offtopic thing

I think the Dream Alliance is on danger! :scared:

Page 5: Exploit Plan

Time: 12 pm, the next day

In the midst of the sunny noon, someone is having all the racetrack by himself...

17013566063_de7347c625_c.jpg

And it's none other than Andy Midfield, who bought a Viper recently. Unlike Nobuyuki's, his car takes a more conservative approach in terms of design. Of course, Andy's philosophy in tuning is applied in his new car as well.

Even without the help of forced induction, the Viper manages to push out 800 horsepower thanks to engine and exhaust modifications. The shouts and as well as the intentions of the V10 engine can be heard even more.

However, in the midst of the shakedown, the Bluetooth telephony receives a call from Rob.

Andy: "Really? Hope I won't spin here."

He presses the button to answer. The system negates the need to reach over the phone to talk. It's hands-free.

Rob: "Andy?"

Andy: "Yo Rob! How's it going there?"

Rob: "Business as usual, kicking arses of anyone standing in our way."

Andy: "Hey, I saw that woman's posts in our social media pages."

Rob: "We've taken care of it. Odd thing is, Maria will be the one calling the shots."

17446070478_6503f4cb28_c.jpg

Andy: "Really? Even though Takuma is the one being attacked."

Rob: "Maria has her pride. Let her be. I called to inform you that Takuma, Owen, and Maria will head over there to your place once this thing is over. They'll help you out."

17607598066_be3b879605_c.jpg

Andy: "Sounds great. Being lonely sucks sometimes."

Rob: "How about your friend? Have you found him?"

Andy: "Closer than I thought. I'm a few steps away."

Rob: "Remember our prime objective."

Andy: "Yeah yeah. Give it everything I got. It's most likely to be a street race, anyway. Street races have no rules."

Rob: "Although you got to be careful."

Andy: "I know my friend inside and out. Yeah, I will. If he's going to take the reins in the Vision GT Project, then that won't stop us."

Rob: "I have that gut feeling too. He's the last person of interest, before moving on to Kaz. I am monitoring his actions, and I need your help on this."

Andy: "No problem. If it means bringing me closer to Alan, then I'm game."

Rob: "But is your mind ready? Soon enough he might terrorize the racing world, and what needs to be done must be done. Bonds are out of this. They will be cut."

Andy could not reply after that. He still cares for his best buddy after all.

Time: 9 pm, the next day

Takuma once again calls for a meeting after having dinner. He still needs to push through with it, even though being exhausted from the whole day of reviewing cars.

The three guests have arrived on time. Kokoro serves tea and then heads upstairs to tend for the children.

Takuma: "Thanks for coming. It will only be brief."

Rob: "Why call us out for?"

Takuma: "I've made research on Mako Sakamoto. She is the real deal. She may have a few screws loose, but she has the skill. Nikko taught so much to her."

17633908175_0d1cde9ab9_c.jpg

Maria: "No wonder she easily wins in recent circuit races."

17633982801_3f80ce51cf_c.jpg

Takuma: "But I've already hatched a plan. It's much better if we do it soon, as she is still new to it."

Rob: "I'm interested to hear the crybaby's plan."

Takuma puts up a grin, showing full confidence that it would play well.

Time: 1 pm, Saturday

For the first phase of Takuma's plan, he asks Maria to bring out her car and have a run. Owen is at the passenger seat of the MINI, obviously as a support.

In the ensuing rain, Takuma is in his full concentration. He'll never back down in a rain battle, let alone against a car that has four-wheel drive.

Takuma: "All right, do not hold back, okay? Show to me how women can empower others!"

17633979851_e95d7695c0_c.jpg

Meanwhile, in the MINI, Maria seemingly looks down.

Owen: "Are you okay?"

But she then jumps into her typical determined self.

Maria: "Nothing. I'll just give this a go."

She then shifts down to 2nd gear and goes on full throttle to start the run. The MINI's traction lets it rocket away from the Countach.

Takuma: "That's more like it! Though of course her car is four-wheel drive."

17631505502_d2af040b66_c.jpg

It would be one hell of a struggle for Takuma...

End of Page 5

Page 6: Runaway

The test begins. Though thanks to the archaic Countach, Takuma already feels the struggle on the wet asphalt. It's as if he is the one being tested upon instead.

17493780888_55482a0a1a_c.jpg

Takuma: "I think the tables have turned, and it's not on my favor. Damn this British weather!"

17059097454_5baf9c13a8_c.jpg

Maria briefly takes a look at the rear view mirror, just to check on Takuma.

Maria: "I like how good-looking the Countach is, but you could have chosen better."

Naturally, the MINI benefits from the extra traction. But Takuma sees something different from the way it moves.

17655278916_60d1f06da7_c.jpg

Takuma: "4WDs do their job on the wet, indeed. But they tend to understeer too, and that's because of the overconfidence of a typical four-wheel drive car racer.

But I see a different case from Maria. She's the one doing the controlling!"

Despite doing his forte, the Countach still slides around.

17493774478_3fc9256a9c_c.jpg

Takuma: "Even the slight increase of this car's power hurts so much in this situation. But the important thing is, that Maria has got everything under control."

17679130172_2b3362c1b8_c.jpg

Takuma: "It needs to be that way, because that's one key part in the next phase of our plan."

Takuma now sees the MINI, as a fleeting image.

17059088874_7d0dc8b8ac_c.jpg

Maria's MINI keeps on sailing smoothly on the wet road, setting a wider gap from its chaser.

Takuma: "Great, I'm completely defeated."

17681784281_d10c9457b8_c.jpg

Maria prompts to slow down after realizing that she completely lost Takuma out from her tail.

Maria: "Guess we need to end this."

Owen: "It means that you're ready for this."

She, however, replies in a hesitating tone.

Maria: "Uh-huh..."

17679124012_914fc90202_c.jpg

The run ended prematurely, and it does show that Maria is skilled enough for the challenge. Next thing to do is to send out a challenge to Mako.

They regroup at Owen's home. Then they help themselves with some snacks in the dining room.

Takuma: "I gotta hand it to you, Maria. You're more than just a graphic designer."

Maria: "Hey, I just draw now as a hobby. My racing life is now a living."

Takuma: "Interesting people come from varying directions. Even a janitor can grow into a politician one day."

Owen: "So what's next?"

Takuma: "I'll simply send a challenge letter to Mako. It's our way of fighting back. We cannot allow our team's name to be tarnished."

He stands up and takes his leave.

Takuma: "Very well then, I've seen more than enough today. We all have to wait after I send out the challenge to her. Until then, keep on practicing."

Maria: "All right."

Maria leads Takuma to the front door. After waving goodbye, she closes the door.

She breathes out a sigh, and for her, it's now the chance to deliver the news.

Maria: "Owen, we need to talk."

Owen: "Oh. Okay. What is there to talk about?"

Walking around the living room, Maria just could not sit still until she delivers her piece.

Maria: "I'm pregnant."

Owen: "Really?"

Owen clearly shows excitement, but it is otherwise for Maria...

Owen: "That's great! Our lives will be much happier! I know it will be rough at first."

Maria: "Look, Owen. We still have so many things that we want to do. Being a parent entails so much responsibility. We won't be able to enjoy things we used to do..."

Owen: "Maria, it doesn't matter! We can still do those things, albeit together with our child. It's much happier, right?"

Maria: "It's not being the more the merrier, you know? It's easy to say that, but can we actually do those things? One of us will do the racing, and the other will have to watch over our child. And then the things we used to do before, will be impossible for us to repeat those. I'm... scared."

Owen: "Does it really matter to you, that you want to accomplish so many things, over our child? It is true that being a parent has so much priorities. But if you're just going to make that choice...

...it's nothing short of ridiculous. You know where I came from, Maria. I don't want our kid to suffer the same origins as I have.

You have nine months to make your choice."

Owen simply walks out, slamming the front door.

Maria: "Owen!"

She could only look at the X-Bow storming out in the midst of the heavy rain.

End of Page 6

Page 7: The Challenge

Time: 2 pm, the next day

Someone needs to cool off...

...and that's Owen.

After an argument about life choices, he simply stormed out. He cannot let the same thing happen to his child ever again.

17711868975_f5047d6f5a_c.jpg

While just sipping his coffee, sitting on a sofa overlooking the hills, he breathes out a sigh. However the sound of the front door opening interrupts his thoughts. Owen puts his coffee aside and reaches for the door.

Turns out to be Rob.

Rob: "Quite a surprise to see you here. At least you're making this house neat from time to time."

Owen: "Ummmm... come in."

Rob hangs his coat, and then lays his arm across Owen's shoulders.

Rob: "Something's off. You're not with Maria, are you?"

Owen: "I think you can be a good psychic."

Rob: "What's wrong, little bro?"

Owen lets out a deep sigh.

Owen: "Did you immediately accept fatherhood?"

Rob:
"Hehehehehe... why ask that? Of course I did."

Owen: "I will be one, soon."

Rob: "You and Maria must be ready to face a much tougher challenge. You cannot leave her alone."

Owen: "Maybe I was just asking too much to her."

Rob: "It's just normal for both of you to have second thoughts. You are still young. But your kid will even be happy doing the things that you and Maria do together.

As men, we are expected to put food on the table. I think that's fun."

Owen: "You find that fun?"

Rob: "Eventually you'll see. Right now, I think you need to surf the waves with her.

She needs you. Go back there."

And then all of a sudden, Maria shows up. Owen goes to her and takes a look.

Owen: "Maria..."

Maria: "Owen... are you okay? Did you do your own laundry here? You cooked for yourself?"

Owen: "We need to talk."

Meanwhile, in a secluded race track...

17524316010_71560113e2_c.jpg

Takuma brought out the Nissan 2020 that he received as a gift. It's been a long time since he hasn't used it, even after he moved to London. He brought that car along yet he finds little to no time in stretching to its capabilities.

17524314490_e6b0d08f56_c.jpg

Takuma: "After my loss against that four-wheel drive MINI, I have to be more open. I have to re-assess myself. I have to try new things.

Four-wheel drive cars tend to understeer on this corner, but this car is of an exception!"

17711863555_7430fc67fc_c.jpg

Takuma: "I really have to admit, 4WDs have superb traction, surpassing even my proud footwork. And thanks to some dedicated manufacturers, massive understeer is getting close to nil."

17711861755_47d36fb1d7_c.jpg

Takuma: "Oh the irony... I'm a car reviewer and yet I quickly pass judgement on cars that send power to all four wheels."

Upon turning the wheel, Takuma is further impressed on how the car tucks in the line.

Takuma: "A typical 4WD car won't be able to corner at this caliber. I'm starting to accept this drivetrain."

17712128281_df3d460834_c.jpg

Takuma:
"Though I gotta take lessons from Takanori. I wanna hear his laugh once more...

Oyaji... do you have another purpose why you gave me this car?"

Having satisfied with the run, he decides to get off the track and cool down before he leaves. To his surprise, he encounters Mako who is about to enter the track day session.

17525563589_7c504d794b_c.jpg

Mako: "There you are."

Takuma: "Kinda surprising to see you again."

Mako: "And I'm actually quite surprised on how you sent out the challenge."

Takuma: "You called us out publicly, and so we do the same to you. I guess that is what we call a fair game."

Mako: "I gotta admit that my anger made me go a little overboard. Though that doesn't mean I won't accept the challenge. I'm game.

And another surprise... Takuma Kanonji driving a 4WD car."

Takuma: "How can you tell?"

Mako: "Being an owner of such car, I can tell how a 4WD car moves regardless of its technology. They all share this special rhythm that other drive types don't have."

Takuma: "Keen observation. I am just starting to like it."

Mako: "Really? I guess your pride as a rear-wheel drive fan wore off, eh? You used to be a stalwart on the finesse of a car that slides and corners with grace."

Takuma: "A racer must always be open-minded. I think you lack it."

Mako: "You're messing with me."

Takuma: "Your mind is narrowly set in defending your late brother's honor, and yet you fail to see what you're doing. You think Nikko will appreciate what you're doing right now?

On Saturday, you'll be in for a big surprise. It will hit you really hard."

Mako: "Make sure it will. Honor is what drives me to crush you."

Takuma: "Pride is what drives me and my team. We cannot allow someone like you to crush it. Even if you're a woman."

End of Page 7

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Takuma driving the Nissan 2020 is just the start of a little sidestory of him opening his mind on 4WDs. He has to, since he is to receive another 4WD car - the Mazda LM55. You'll just notice his progress as the arcs go by.

Page 8: Provocation

Time: 4 pm, Friday

With Owen and Maria made amends, life for them is back to normal, with the latter being assured that she will never be alone in facing her challenge.

One day, the pair decided the head out and do the usual window shopping and had a hearty lunch. Today they bought a PS4 for them to satisfy their boredom.

In the afternoon, just as about they are to go home, they encounter Mako at the parking lot. Maria bravely approaches the woman.

Maria: "Well well well..."

Mako: "It's that feisty woman."

Maria: "I assume you got the challenge. Social media is quite useful indeed."

Mako: "Yes, and this B road is the battleground. Rain or shine, it will go on."

Maria: "Of course. We girls want all the fun."

Mako: "Oh Essex, a town surrounded by hills. Makes it a great place for car enthusiasts to run. No wonder I keep going back here. And now, it will be the witness of your team's fall."

Maria: "Awwwww.... how cute of you to say that. Is that how far your honor would go? How lame."

Mako: "No one can stop me now. My precious brother taught me how to fight in life."

Maria: "Boo-hoo, I'm so scared! Did your dead brother talk to you in afterlife?"

Owen: "Maria..."

Maria: "Someone's ought to teach you a lesson, woman. On Saturday, someone will."

Mako: "I will make sure Takuma will pay. No matter what it takes."

Maria: "Your provocation is improving. You deserve a clap."

Maria shows three slow claps, just to show who provokes better.

Maria: "See you on Saturday, b:censored:h."

Mako just left the parking lot after the conversation.

17768193071_54609262da_c.jpg

Maria: "Scared much? That was just a little taste, you know? And her Subaru sounds nice, by the way."

17767758715_9c57463487_c.jpg

Owen: "Was it really necessary?"

Maria: "Of course! I'll show her how real women fight. And besides, she is doing this whole thing the wrong way."

Then Owen felt a rain drop.

Owen: "It's coming down again. Let's go."

In just a moment's time, the heavy rain made things slippery. For Takuma though, he uses this weather to test his skill on a 4WD car while on his way to Owen's home.

17768189171_2cc00cc6b8_c.jpg

Takuma: "This isn't even a conventional four-wheel drive car. The electric motor that powers the front wheels can also detect when the car is about to lose control and apply the power depending on the situation. This is revolutionary!"

17580230910_3081ec703d_c.jpg

However, much like any high-performance four-wheel drive car, majority of the power still goes at the back wheels, hence a drift is still possible.

Takuma: "Drifting is actually quite a breeze in this car."

17768183971_3948f9ca9f_c.jpg

17768182051_ef8e92a520_c.jpg

Takuma: "This is starting to get interesting. And another challenge is that I cannot perform the footwork I usually do in rear-wheel drive cars."

He arrives at the residence, and Maria prepared tea for him. She calls Owen to get down.

Takuma: "It will definitely rain tomorrow."

Maria: "I know. I gotta get used to Britain's bed weather."

Takuma: "But don't be discouraged, as the rain will actually make things better for you. You can better execute your plan."

Owen: "We're locked and loaded here."

The couple briefly look at each other with smiles.

Takuma: "Very well then. We're all set."

Maria: "There's something you must know, Takuma-san. We're going to be parents soon."

Takuma: "That's great news!"

Maria: "At first I was scared and hesitant, but Owen told me that he'll do everything he can to make this flow smoothly as possible."

Takuma: "Parenthood is a rough ride, but it takes two to tango."

Owen: "I agree. I'll always be on her side. Hey, we're actually making invitations for our wedding soon."

Takuma: "Planning for wedding already? Hehe!"

The three continue on their light conversation just to chill themselves out.

The next day, it's a big event, and since it's been posted on social media, plenty of fans flock along to watch, which surprises Mako who got in the location first. The rain still pours very strong, as predicted by Takuma.

Then the Dream Alliance arrives, albeit just the three. Takuma confronts Mako before the race will start.

Takuma: "Pretty uncomfortable seeing a lot of people watching what would be just a petty issue."

Mako: "Petty? How dare you insult my brother. My brother worked so hard to achieve success and rested peacefully until you used his name."

Takuma: "Well, this is what you want. Words are powerful. If you lose, then it's probably over for your career."

Mako: "I'll make sure you'll take back what you said once I defeat you."

Takuma: "Me? I'm afraid I'm not the one who you'll trifle with."

Then it's time for Maria to step in. She just shows her usual smile.

Maria: "Surprised? Don't be. You should've expected it. I volunteered to take his place."

Mako: "Why you? You clearly don't know anything, woman."

Maria: "Maybe so, but what you're doing is an insult to our kind. Thanks to you, everyone thinks women are whiners. If you want a fight, then give a fight. I'm ready, b:censored:h."

Mako: "Careful, too much pride can cause your fall."

Maria: "I have pride, all right... as an empowered woman. Let's get started, shall we? Less talk more race."

The two women then started off, just as Owen is about to do the countdown.

Owen: "Not necessary at all, huh?"

17147428753_1418514bb6_c.jpg

Takuma: "Maria truly applies her knowledge in design and arts in racing. From our run before, she controlled her car like how she sketches an object."

17581510729_af6ced286b_c.jpg

Owen: "What are the chances of our victory?"

Takuma: "I can't put it into figures, and that's not important. As long as she takes her strategy seriously, then it won't be a problem."

Owen: "Rally car drivers. They are the masters of control."

Takuma: "True. A wet asphalt is almost like a dirt or snow surface, with little to no grip at all. So Mako should find this easy as well.

But what she doesn't know, is that Maria will exploit the weakness all rally car drivers share."

Owen: "Which is?"

Takuma: "Contact."

End of Page 8

Page 9 - Contact

The race begins, with both women having their pride and honor at stake. The rain makes things hairy for both of them, despite the cars being four-wheel drive.

17622580158_5a3d8b5c9b_c.jpg

Mako: "At least you drive to my expectations. You're more than just a potty mouth."

Maria: "That Scooby ain't bad, either. You've got talent, girl."

17807620132_0b765d57f7_c.jpg

Mako: "My brother spent some of his winnings on this car, bit by bit he managed to tune it to his liking. 450 horsepower is more than enough for street and track use."

Mako applies more pressure on the accelerator, and that made the 22B display its brute power.

Maria: "The plan might be difficult to pull off. Her car has got more power."

17190033253_34d11774b6_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Takuma takes time to explain the mechanics of the battle to Owen, and how the plan will work.

Takuma: "Rally car drivers run in time attack sessions in each sector of the course, am I right?"

Owen: "Of course."

Takuma: "Because of the track's narrow dimensions, only sector time trials are used to determine who will come out as the winner. Hence, those drivers spend most of the time looking at front, and have complete concentration on what's going on in front."

Owen: "But this B road has 2 lanes, hence..."

17810360235_ffe5d0dd7e_c.jpg

Takuma: "This duel made possible. And Maria has to time her move properly. She has to make Mako assume that she is underwhelming, and then attack at the most critical moment, where rally car drivers show their Achilles' Heel."

Owen: "Contact, am I right?"

Takuma:
"Simply put, Maria has to disturb Mako's rhythm at the right time. If this takes too long, Mako will have the upper hand, having her concentration at her peak, making her run like a time trial and will cause problems for us."

Owen:
"Hmmmmm.... so Maria has to make her move when they're slowing down before approaching the turn?"

Takuma:
"You have a sharp mind, Owen. Rob truly drilled everything on to you, much like he did to Dennis."

(Background Music - Initial D: Fourth Stage Soundtrack - Attack! II)

Owen gasps, having finally grasped the strategy.

Owen: "I get it! Rally car drivers are racing alone thanks to the nature of their competition! Any form of disruption will break their concentration!"

Takuma: "And Mako is just new to circuit racing. Hence we should settle things now, and show to her how a circuit racer makes an attack."

17190029693_3f17d62d7c_c.jpg

Maria then shows a grin on her face. Time to move... and she starts by going full throttle.

Maria:
"Sorry, I'm a bad girl you'll really hate. I'm worse than you are."

17624134919_4b358f5dc1_c.jpg

Upon braking, Maria proves her attitude when she brings the MINI on contact with the Impreza.

Mako: "What?!? What are you doing?"

And makes an overtake while still trading paint, grinding past. The sound of screeching metal puts Mako off.

Mako: "Why are you scratching this car? Don't you know how valuable this is?!? Don't you respect the dead?!"

17810355805_5df7781623_c.jpg

17810845051_0e3b1b316b_c.jpg

Maria: "Sorry girl, that's just what circuit racers love to do. A dogfight! You dirt-loving freaks know little of it. I'll show you how to fight like a b:censored:h!"

End of Page 9

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- There will be a bonus page for this arc, to be released after the last page of course. It's somehow related to Takuma's interest in 4WDs.

Just an announcement here:

I have a Club Room named: "Dream Alliance Cafe" and its members so far are my most loyal readers who have followed my work for 3 years and counting.

However, to get in this club is easy. Just befriend me in PSN and you'll get an invite for the club.

Club members enjoy sneak previews of upcoming cars and as well as hints and small spoilers for the story. Volunteers for duels are very much welcome.

Back