Takuma Gaiden II: Road to America (Pt. 2) - Page 31: LFA's Song

• Thread starter RCKakashi14
  • 1,053 comments
Page 10 - Second Attempt

I'm glad everything is wrapped up... that Alfredo guy did not bother me again, and I returned the car in Italy with no damage at all.

But then... I still have something to do...

And so, I head once again to Pagani HQ.

Horacio Pagani: "Buon Giorno. Want to use the car again?"

Takuma: "Probably in the day after tomorrow. I need rest."

Horacio Pagani: "Why do you want to use it again?"

15766437352_a461eec8d8_c.jpg

Takuma: "To have another go at the Nurburgring. I want to set a new record. The Zonda R deserves a comeback."

There, I've said it... Sorry Rob, I have to crush that lap time of yours.

Time: 3 pm, the next day

15580080080_a8421b417c_c.jpg

Nina's Aston Martin is in a rush, heading to a certain location...

15579714947_d3b599090b_c.jpg

It stops in front of Professor Dexter Heidelberg's house. The professor is simply enjoying his leisurely time, having of course being released from prison.

Dexter then hears a door bell. Upon opening the door, he is greeted by the sight of Rob Hatch, carrying the unconscious Nina on his arms.

Dexter: "What can I do for you? Who is that woman?"

Rob: "You are the leading name when it comes to robots. I'm here for you to fix her up."

Dexter: "But I have already given up on that field. It sent me straight behind bars. But how have you gotten here? How do you even know me?"

Rob: "It does not matter. Nina has gotten severely damaged, especially inside. You have to restore her before Adrian knows what happened to her."

Dexter: "But..."

Rob: "No buts, old man. You restored Nigel too, before you went to prison. Nina deserves to have a second chance, and she also deserves to live a peaceful life with Adrian."

Rob simply puts Nina on a sofa, and is on his way out.

Dexter: "Tell me, why are you so eager to have her back? Do you have an emotional attachment to her?"

Rob walks away and closes the door, without answering the question. The professor then lets out a sigh, and looks at Nina, still in deep slumber...

Time: 10 am, the next day

All right... time to smash some record.

But first, I gotta see Nigel, who is rather busy talking to a student. When he saw me, however, he prompted to approach me.

Nigel: "Oh, good morning, Takuma-san! What brings you here?"

Takuma: "I have with me my Zonda R today. It's further modified, to set a new lap record."

Nigel: "I see. Hey, I heard your victory from your race in Spain. Congratulations!"

Takuma: "It was more of a shakedown, really. I'm happy with the car's improvements. Now I'm curious if it will translate well on this track too."

Nigel: "Do take note, Rob Hatch set a lap time of 6 minutes and 21.6 seconds. Shaving off 4 seconds here is not going to be easy."

Takuma: "I'm very well-aware of that. But I am more than determined for me to break that record."

Nigel: "Very well-said. Please prepare your car. I will record your lap time for today."

Takuma: "Thanks."

Without further distractions, and with the setup finalized, I'm all clear to go.

TIMER STARTS NOW!

15579714557_305c43d678_c.jpg

I cannot afford to even twitch my body here... Concentration is the sole thing needed to have a fast lap time here!

15144920184_e8cb17f20c_c.jpg

You're doing great, Zonda. I find no issues with my setup. With that, I can give my all!

15144919664_33bdd6747f_c.jpg

Rob Hatch... who was once a disgraced personality, is recovering from his shambles at an impressive rate! So impressive and quick that the rest of us in the team were taken by surprise, even Hiroyuki-san.

15579040679_9e2989380f_c.jpg

And with that, there's no excuse fooling around! All of us in Dream Alliance must level up!

15579457558_8fc9df416b_c.jpg

The Black Dragon shall once again reign the Green Hell! I am no longer ashamed in carrying that moniker, the moniker that was once hated by many...

End of Page 10

Page 11 - The Dragon of Green Hell

I'm halfway through the 23 kilometer course... and still, I have to focus!

15587458177_5652f267a8_c.jpg

Target to beat is Rob's 6 minutes and 21.6 seconds! It's not an easy task, you know?

15152660814_54b3a1e66a_c.jpg

Typical to any midship-engine car, patience to the accelerator is needed, especially that the Zonda R's naturally-aspirated V12 produces a mountain of torque...

15153198153_da46e8f0cf_c.jpg

But I do trust its levels of downforce. It pushes down the car further for maximum grip.

15587811220_dcec796a95_c.jpg

With all those considered, that should give me the push to give my best! The One Being philosophy is at full swing!

15774174822_34384329e4_c.jpg

At the long straight, I don't know what Rob's KTM topped out, but 325 km/h here is considered astonishing for a race car, knowing that a typical race car has lots of drag.

15587457317_9c3829794d_c.jpg

Hit the brakes at the end of the high speed cruise! Caressing the throttle at the final turns.

15772611385_42d8e0aea5_c.jpg

And I crossed the line! Did I beat the record???

15587202988_af356f6753_c.jpg

My fingers are crossed... even while going out of the car. I am approaching Nigel with my heart beating at a faster rate.

Takuma: "Nigel... how is it?"

Nigel: "6 minutes.... 21.8 seconds."

I'm still slower than Rob... by two tenths of a second. Man... Rob has truly transformed into a monster. I'm happy for him being moved up in his career, but of course a part of me is disappointed with the result today.

Takuma: "It's okay. The important thing is, is that I gave my all. I did not fool around. I was arguably exceeding 100% of my concentration.

I just have to accept that there are people better than me. We all have to."

I won't end this day with a heartbreak. I have to say, the Zonda R has gotten a lot better. To think it managed to shave off 4 seconds from its previous lap record. For Mr. Pagani, this is a great achievement.

Time: 12 pm, the next day

With nothing left to do here in Europe, I decided to return the car to the HQ, since Zonda R owners are not allowed to store it in their garages.

I have another talk with Mr. Pagani before I leave for Japan...

Horacio Pagani: "So, you broke the record?"

Takuma: "Unfortunately not. My friend is that skilled, after all. I have to accept it.

But in your part, all of your hard work is successful. Not only it managed to beat the FXX, but also it set a new personal best, 4 seconds faster than the lap time you set."

Horacio Pagani: "I am glad to hear that. Someday, you will be able to eclipse that record. Just have faith and determination. Never lose them. I have them all the time, from the moment I opened this small workshop. I never gave up.

And look at me now, all of my creations are desired by many."

Takuma: "You're absolutely right."

Horacio Pagani: "Oh, and one more thing."

We headed to his computer. There, he opened an image file of the Nurburgring Nordschleife layout, and then he asked me the lap time.

Takuma: "6 minutes, and 21.8 seconds."

He instructed one of his employees to print it out on a special decal paper, to be applied on the car.

It was an easy task applying it. I think the car deserves it.

15774173612_b7af823499_c.jpg

15770742661_da20d4c97b_c.jpg

I'm actually jealous of you, my little Zonda. You achieved something, an important milestone for you. You have improved a lot, since the last time I raced you... against Takanori. Being faster by 4 seconds is astonishing.

As for me, I will make a comeback someday. Nobuhiko and Rob must not be chilling down and relax. They have to prepare...

...as the black dragon has awakened. Its wrath will start soon. Get ready!

THE END

Author's Notes:

- Up next is: WILD WEST

- The plots of both Wild West and Passione Italia Part 2 ran together. If you are wondering what is the true sequel of Passione Italia, it would be the resuming of the Kanonji-Hiramoto rivalry, and only one will be the victor of the duel that has left unsettled for 30 years.

It would be titled as (still subject to change) -
Then and Now

Last edited:
WILD WEST

All things have an end, and this is another job for Rob Hatch. The Serum Project will come in full circle, and it's his job to end it once and for all - by capturing the remaining two clients.

However, there presents another problem. Nina Hanne has set out to destroy Nash Hall, and eventually herself. Having her monitored, Rob simply cannot sit it out, and he has to stop her as well...

Note: This plot line running along with Passione Italia Part 2, hence it's not a sequel.

Page 1 - Last Week of the Month

Time: 9 am

Heavy clicks of the stilettos can be heard, and as Agent Clinton is opening the curtain of the large window overlooking the Tokyo skyline. The sun shines brightly, so he decided to lower the shade

Entering the room is none other than Sayuki Kanonji, wearing the usual corporate attire and a miniskirt with a pair of red stilettos as her footwear. She then takes out a USB.

Sayuki: "Good morning, sir. To brighten up your morning, I have gotten a juicy info last night. This still concerns our Serum Project case."

Clinton: "What have you got?"

She moves in closer to his desk, then handing over the USB. Clinton then plugs it on his computer.

The projector displays the contents, and the file contains information about Martin Banks and Francis Gautier - the last remaining clients of the Serum Project.

Sayuki: "What's juicy? Well, those two are fighting over for just one robot."

Clinton: "What is that robot, then?"

Sayuki: "None other than Nash Hall. Francis Gautier is attempting to take Nash away from Martin's ownership, and resorts to any means possible to acquire it. He is the man thirsty for serum, as he intends to preserve his racing skills."

Clinton: "Francis will definitely take the serum from Nash for himself. His popularity is on the decline."

Sayuki: "And there is another robot we should be concerned about - Nina Hanne. According to intelligence reports, she is roaming around United Kingdom in search of something."

Clinton: "You know, our priority is... TO DESTROY THOSE TWO ROBOTS. That way, those two clients will be effectively weakened and will be easier to capture."

Sayuki: "However, this is no means an easy mission. There is a thorn I have to weed out."

Clinton: "What is it, then?"

Sayuki: "MI6. MI6 is actually working to keep those robots safe from those clients. They interfere too much in our mission. It's about time to destroy those robots before MI6 gets its hands on them."

Clinton: "In that case, I shall send you for this mission."

Sayuki: "First destination is Los Angeles. Because I have made contact with the agents of CIA there, and they gave me the information that Martin Banks will hold a party to celebrate 20 years of Banks Academy of Science in a hotel in Beverly Hills. I shall go check that out, and see if Nash is there."

Clinton: "That's a capital idea. Off to Los Angeles, then."

Sayuki: "Understood."

Time: 1 am

In a hotel room only illuminated by the laptop's screen, Rob Hatch continues on monitoring the whereabouts of the remaining Silverblade robots - Nina and Nash.

His smartphone beside the laptop rings, it is Conrad calling him.

Rob: "Sir."

Conrad: "What's your current location?"

Rob: "I am in Italy, sir. I have to complete a task given to me by my racing team's boss. After that, I'll head straight to Los Angeles."

Conrad: "I see. Hey listen, I just got new information. There will be a conference to be held by Nash Hall's owner - named Martin Banks. It would take place in a hotel in Beverly Hills, at sunset three days from now. Once you arrive, another agent will brief you on the next objective.

You see, there is another client, the one who owned Noel Honore, named Francis Gautier now attempting to take Nash away from Martin.

In short, both Martin and Francis are fighting for the control of Nash Hall. Those two have simply gone mad in conquering the world of racing.

And they even don't know where Nash is. Francis is obviously targeting on Martin, thinking he is hiding Nash where in truth the robot has gone MIA.

Plus, here's some juicy bit you might like too - CIA's Sayuki Kanonji is accusing us of impeding their investigation. You may bump her along the way.

Exercise extreme caution, Agent Hatch. Those two clients are not above using high powered weapons. After all, they own big companies with world-class security agencies."

Rob us just wiping clean of his .45 caliber handgun, and then loads it with bullets. It turns out, his whole desk has weapons all over on it - sniper rifle parts, knives, grappling hook gun, two small cameras disguised as pins and some smoke grenades.

Rob: "Thank you for the information, sir. They will all be noted.

I am not sure though, with the high-powered weapons you just said. My .45 caliber is among my most trusted partner here. Can't afford to putting it away."

Conrad: "You know, you are the only agent who can pull this off, that's why I gave this to you. I know how you love doing some damage. You always want to have fun."

Rob: "You read my mind, sir."

He shows his trademark smug face. And then after the call, he looks at the date. It indicates that it's the last week of the month...

Rob: "Oh shoot... I almost forgot. Sorry, father, I will be in Sierra before you know it...

Time: 3 pm

Rob makes a quick run around Monza, as per Hiroyuki's instructions to set a lap time for other racing teams to take note of.

15666686896_84cc5583c5_c.jpg

He had set a lap time of
1:40.063

Upon returning to the pit lane, he is greeted by Takuma, and the two have a friendly banter.

Rob: "Can't believe my little sparring partner arrived. What you're up to?"

Takuma: "I could use a nice crystal ball for fortune telling."

Rob: "My head's not that shiny. Oh... is that a Zonda?"

Takuma: "Not just a Zonda... Horacio Pagani's Zonda."

Rob: "Lovely bit of kit you brought along. Mind if I have a ride?"

Takuma and Rob head out the track with the Zonda.

15070457104_7d0137fe53_c.jpg

Rob: "I suggest bringing this to Sierra in Spain."

Takuma: "You're absolutely right. I'll tell Mr. Pagani about it."

After a few laps, Takuma decides to cool down for a while.

Takuma: "So, what are you going to do next?"

Rob: "I'm off to Los Angeles later. I'm in a mission."

Takuma: "Take care of yourself, okay? DO NOT DIE."

Rob: "I'd love to stick around and help you out, but I'm afraid duty calls."

Takuma: "I'll bring this thing to Sierra, and see if I can enjoy it further."

Rob bids farewell as he leaves the premises. He quickly drives away, on the way to Sierra first.

Rob: "Sierra... Takuma, there is something for you to work on, if you don't mind."

Rob has arrived in Sierra last night, and settled in a motel. He decided to fly to Los Angeles after setting a lap time around the street circuit - as he has promised himself to run in Sierra every last week of the month, in honor of his late father's routine.

15593715629_99af0074b6_c.jpg

After buying a can of spray paint, he puts his things in the car and then set off.

15777669421_27775a5249_c.jpg

Upon crossing the line, he presses a button on the dashboard that starts the stopwatch.

15594734570_d77a848b0c_c.jpg

Rob: "Father, this is for you... I know you want to be the fastest in this road."

15159585064_0a4871e02c_c.jpg

The X-BOW R's lightweight frame allows Rob to perform aggressive corner entries that even racing cars cannot match.

15779539475_da8ae89ae7_c.jpg

Rob: "At least I will leave a legacy here, before I can face possible death. This will earn the ire of the chaps here..."

15779539115_7521bdeaab_c.jpg

Rob: "I wonder if I can make LMPs cry with this..."

The acceleration arguably mirrors that of the LMP cars, zooming past the bridge as quick as a bullet.

15779538805_e4ef29951e_c.jpg

15159583594_2cb21b2d18_c.jpg

Rob: "I've heard that a certain female FIA executive has created this street circuit for the upcoming Sierra Rally.

And it's a proper venue, one that father really loves."

15160107793_c9e01bbe10_c.jpg

At a high speed bend, the KTM flies by at 280 km/h, without any loss in stability usually associated with lightweight performance cars. The X-Bow's body has proven to be sculpted for downforce.

15779538005_2b8c8102c1_c.jpg

Rob: "Final corner. Time to bury it."

15594384617_c3ebdc5f40_c.jpg

Crossing the finish line, Rob presses the button for the stopwatch.

He recorded a lap time of - 7 minutes and 59.127 seconds.

Rob: "I think Takuma will scratch his head when he sees the lap time. Oh.. the spray paint."

Rob stops the car, and then gets out. He shakes the can as he stopped at the starting point. Instead of spraying it on the road, he sprays it on the guardrail.

Rob: "Hope Takuma reads this. Hehehehehehe..."

15700796856_d7b99244d6_c.jpg

Rob: "Now, off to Los Angeles. Time to be badass."

End of Page 1

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Expect a martial arts fight soon, Rob Hatch vs. Sayuki Kanonji.... (imagine Jason Statham fighting Maggie Q)

Page 2 - Hotel Rendezvous

Time: 11 pm

Rob goes straight to a hotel nearby Hollywood Boulevard. After checking in and settled in a room, he opens his laptop.

Upon starting up, Rob's phone rings. It's Conrad on the other line.

Conrad: "Are you in LA now?"

Rob: "Affirmative. I just came from the airport."

Conrad: "Good, you will have a partner for this. I immediately asked Mark to go there as well, to back you up."

Rob: "I see."

Conrad: "Now, he reported to me that he spotted some CIA agents around the vicinity of that hotel."

Rob: "They'll find nothing valuable. And..."

Upon looking at the location of Nina, he is surprised that she is in Hollywood Boulevard.

Rob: "What is this... Nina is also here."

Conrad: "What would Nina do there in Los Angeles?"

Rob: "I have no idea, sir."

Conrad: "Anyhow, Mark will also provide a car for this mission, should there be any racing involved."

Rob: "He's just itching to see me drive. Well, what can I do? I'm curious on the car, though."

Conrad: "Tomorrow shall be the celebration. You have to meet Mark first at a cafe in front of the venue. He'll provide everything you need.

And be in your best looks."

Rob: "I got it."

Time: 7 pm, the next day

Rob heads at the coffee shop, wearing a tuxedo for the occasion. He sees Mark at the table, sipping his coffee.

Rob: "Never thought I'd be paired with you."

Mark: "Oh there you are. And don't worry, you can do all the damage you want to do. I read your mind."

Then Mark attaches a pin on Rob's chest. It's a name pin with the name "I. SHAW" on it.

Mark: "You will act as a receptionist accepting guests on that floor. That pin is a camera, and the rest of us are in that van watching your every move. I will also be in the same floor, albeit as a lookout for anything suspicious."

Then they see a blue Shelby GT500 arriving, and a valet attending to it. The driver - Martin Banks comes out and gives the keys to the valet driver.

15782655371_cac1753d0a_c.jpg

Mark: "That's Martin. Star for the night, I suppose."

Rob: "His car isn't, though. I expect something flashy."

And then after Martin enters, a blue Bugatti Veyron arrives.

15760839246_dd94b924e3_c.jpg

Mark: "Now, that's flashy."

Exiting the car is Francis Gautier. His presence surprised the two.

Mark: "What the bloody hell is Francis doing here?"

Rob:
"One thing is for sure. This is one hell of a night. We gotta go up now."

The two arrive at the 45th floor, and Rob assumes the role at the hall, standing behind a tall desk accepting guests before they can enter the gala hall filled with lots of tables with catering.

He also has a small earpiece on his right ear, as means of communication with Mark.

Mark: "There he is. Martin Banks."

Martin approaches Rob, knowing the latter resembles so much of a celebrity.

Martin: "Shaw? Aren't you Jason Statham?"

Rob: "Hehehe... I assure you, I look younger than him. You could say I'm his stunt double."

Martin: "Hahahaha! Well, enjoy the night. You can enter the gala hall after all the guests have arrived."

Martin gives a pat on Rob's shoulder as he enters.

Rob: "Quite a nice fellow."

And then, half an hour later, Francis shows up, just as Rob is about to enter the gala hall.

Francis: "Am I too late?"

Rob: "You aren't. Please get in."

Rob finds suspicion already, the moment the two enter the gala hall. Francis is alone at a table, while Rob leans on a wall, looking around, and notices some men standing around the hall, with one of them just inches beside him.

At the stage, Martin comes up, and is now holding the microphone.

Martin: "Thank you all for coming. For 20 years, Banks Academy of Science has provided the most distinguished alumni in the field of science and technology. But it would never be possible without your most valuable contributions. While we teach you, we also learn from you. And with those lessons learned, it became possible for this institution to last long.

And along with this celebration, I shall also make a grand announcement. The academy is now offering a degree in robotics.

Robotics isn't new to mankind. They have been the product of our imaginations, even in TV shows, we see them. And it is something that only a privileged few can achieve.

But not anymore. Through this, it will possible for anyone to create their own robot. We all want to have a robot, am I right? We want a valuable friend like them.

The degree hosts various courses in robotics, with top professors from all over the world more than willing to help you achieve that dream.

I hereby declare, the School of Robotics open."

The audience applaud, even Francis.

Meanwhile, outside the gala hall, Mark notices armed men, preparing their weapons.

Mark: "Rob. Rob! Listen! Francis' men are here. He intends to assassinate Martin! Get out of there!"

Inside, however, a gun is pointed at Rob's head. It turns out to be one of Francis' men.

Goon: "Don't move."

On cue, Francis walks at the aisle, as if intending to greet Martin.

Francis:
"Martin! Congratulations. At least you will celebrate the 20th year of your father's institution.

But I'm afraid this will be your last party. Savor it."

Then all of his goons point guns at the guests, and some of them come up on stage, also pointing guns at Martin.

Martin: "Never knew that my party would be this grand. You think I'll hand Nash over to a senile fool like you? Get over the loss of Noel, and move on."

Francis: "Quiet! I shall be the fastest racer in the world, once I get my hands on the last remaining serum."

Outside, Mark rolls a smoke grenade, to provide diversion at his location, and then he runs quickly to the door, rolling another smoke grenade inside.

The smoke provided enough distraction, and Rob manages to disarm the man beside him, by breaking his arm. Panic ensues, shots are fired.

Rob performs a sliding kick through the goons, and picks up an Uzi. He shoots the other goons, while noticing Francis escorted by his other goons to the emergency exit.

Mark: "Rob! Where are you?!? I'm at the stairs!"

Rob: "Just go! Leave this to me!"

Martin manages to escape at the back stage the moment Rob shoots his captors.

After taking the down the remaining men, more of Francis' goons came in, with one of them holding a grenade launcher.

The grenade has been fired, and Rob crashes through the window, falling at a great height as the explosion triggered.

Then he reaches for the inner pocket of his blazer, taking out a grappling hook gun. He immediately fires it, and manages to hook on a balcony of one of the rooms.

He carefully scales through the walls, until reaching the said balcony. Upon seeing no occupants inside that room, Rob smashes the window with his fist, and unlocks the door.

Upon entering, he communicates with Mark.

Rob: "Mark, I managed to escape."

He gets out of the room and quickly descends the stairs.

Mark: "Thank god! Man, that was hell!"

Rob: "I told you, it will be one hell of a night. Now this confirms Francis intends to take Nash Hall whatever it takes, even if it means killing Martin in the process."

Rob gets out of the emergency exit, and sees a small stall. He purchases a box of cigarettes and lights up a stick, walking past through the firemen like nothing happened.

Suddenly, he encounters Sayuki, who also turns out to be monitoring Francis' actions as well.

Sayuki: "You MI6 peeps ruin everything. Get off the case!"

Rob: "I have no interest in arguing with you, woman. You don't even know what's happening."

Sayuki: "It's much better for you to stick in the Dream Alliance instead, you know?"

Rob just walks past Sayuki.

Sayuki: "Hey, I'm talking to you!"

She grabs Rob's arm, but Rob parries her arm and pushes her away.

Sayuki: "Don't you know how to treat women? I'm going to kick your butt right now!"

Sayuki prepares her fighting stance. For her, it's time to put her Savate skills to the test.

Rob:
"All right..."

Rob assumes a Jeet Kune Do stance.

Rob: "Kick my arse, you say. If you can..."

He reaches out his hand, flicking his fingers, as if urging Sayuki to attack.

The battle between MI6 and CIA starts right here...

End of Page 2

Page 3 - Blown Caddy

Rob and Sayuki assume their fighting stances, as the latter intends to beat some sense to the former. Rob then reaches out his hand, flicking his fingers as if urging Sayuki to attack.

Being taunted, Sayuki makes the first move. She delivers a kick, but Rob parries it. Then she unleashes a flurry of roundhouse kicks, prompting Rob to just evade them.

They did not mind some bystanders watching their scuffle.

Sayuki: "What's the matter, big boy? Can't lay a finger on me?"

Rob retaliates with a low kick, hitting her right shin.

Rob: "Correction. It's a shoe laying on your shin."

Meanwhile, Nina observes their fight from the corner.

Rob spins away from her, prompting to change his fighting style. He switches to snake fists. He makes his flurry of strikes this time. Sayuki could only narrowly dodge them, but before she can strike back, she is hit on her belly.

Rob: "You know, snakes are fast and deadly."

He closes his fists this time, and after parrying another wave of Sayuki's kicks, Rob stops short of punching Sayuki's chest.

Then she skips back. Rob then changes another fighting style, similar to hers.

Rob: "Savate..."

Sayuki follows up with another roundhouse, but Rob does the same, and their legs come in contact.

He performs a backflip. Then he runs towards her and to perform a somersault kick that, however, she evaded with ease.

But Rob used it as a distraction, and seeing an opening, he finally unleashes a strong knee strike on her chest, so strong that it sent her flying.

She lands with a thud, but before she can stand up, Rob is already in front of her.

Rob: "Word of advice - take any fight seriously. You're going to get killed if you don't. You are an agent too, am I right? So keep that in mind.

I'm ready for a rematch anytime you want one."

Sayuki: "Ahhh... ahhh... owww... Hey, wait!"

Rob just leaves her alone, on his way back to the van where Mark is waiting.

Upon entering the van, Rob dusts off any remaining debris from his tuxedo, and removes the small camera.

Mark: "Thank god you're okay."

Rob: "Let's go, before CIA could catch us here."

The van driver heeds Rob's instruction. On their way back to the hotel where Rob is staying, Mark watches the footage of everything that happened, including his brief scuffle with Sayuki.

Mark: "Can't afford to cut slack to a lady?"

Rob:
"She has yet to master her Savate. I know, because it's one of my favorite and most used fighting styles.

But I ended up using a lethal Muay Thai knee strike on her. But she has to be thankful that I spared her."

Mark: "Either way, Sir Conrad won't like this. The CIA will be hot on our heels next time."

Rob: "Go ahead, if they can. We'll just have to show how MI6 does it."

Rob has just finished eating his take out dinner in his room. After brushing his teeth, he gets a call from Conrad again, while still looking at the laptop keeping track of Nina's movements.

Conrad: "You know, beating up a CIA agent is unnecessary and will put our mission at risk. Pretty sure, CIA will chase after us."

Rob: "You've seen the footage, am I right? She started it. I am about to meet up with the rest until she called me out and blaming us for making their mission complicated."

Conrad: "This will never be easier, after all. Now we know what Francis can do. He's a more dangerous man than we thought, to think he will kill Martin without remorse, all for getting his hands on Nash.

And because of what happened, we also have keep Nash safe, both from Francis and CIA. I just got reports that CIA is intending to destroy him too, along with Nina.

Speaking of Nina, how's the tracking?"

Rob: "She is currently staying in another hotel in Hollywood Boulevard."

Conrad: "It's also your job to find out her intentions. Adrian is looking for her right now. Don't worry, I'll take care of the CIA, while you resume doing what you are supposed to do."

Rob: "Okay. What should I do with Martin now, sir?"

Conrad: "Get closer to him. I just got information that he races in track days in Willow Springs, along with his school friends.

For that purpose, you and Mark shall visit a tuner tomorrow, who I just made contact a while ago. He'll provide a car for you.

You'll do some racing, and I'm sure you'll find it easy."

Rob: "Understood. But that depends on what car I'm using. If it's a Yank Tank, then..."

Rob meets up with Mark at the target location - the Hawthorne Garage - for the next task.

Mark: "This is the right place?"

Rob: "Hopefully the address is correct."

They enter the shop, and the only person they can see is an old man in his 50s. His name is Lewis Hawthorne. He is now running a shop that tunes any car from General Motors, stemming from the fact that he is an avid follower of GM cars since his days as a country singer.

Lewis: "Howdy. What can I do for you?"

Rob: "You're Lewis Hawthorne, am I right? We're from the MI6. We were told that you have a car for us."

Lewis: "Ohhhh... so you must be them. I never realized that I can get involved in your mission. Don't worry, I can help."

Rob: "Rest assured, your involvement is only this little."

Lewis: "Too bad I cannot offer anything British. But GM does own Vauxhall, am I right?"

Rob: "Vauxhalls are just British Opels, anyway. They're still German."

Lewis: "Are you fine with this?"

He presents his dark red Cadillac CTS-V.

15770863166_bbc14e18db_c.jpg

Lewis: "I can lend you one of my cars. This is my personal favorite, so take good care of it, will ya? It has some European taste to it, to make you feel at home."

Mark: "Sweet bit of kit there. How much horsepower does it make?"

Lewis: "Right now, it makes over 600 horsepower with just a new ECU."

Rob: "At least it's got cupholders. And of course, typical American super-size quirks. We'll take it for a spin."

Lewis: "Here are the keys. Have a pleasant ride."

Time: 4 pm

They arrived at Willow Springs with some delay thanks to a stopover snack. Rob sees Martin's GT500 and parks beside it.

15608712849_97f35e22b2_c.jpg

The two men get out and take a good look at the car beside them.

Rob: "GT500..."

Mark: "The presence alone is already intimidating."

Rob: "Why would you be intimidated at a car that has a chassis as archaic as a horse carriage? Thankfully, Ford has finally learned their lesson on how to make a proper sports car chassis. Not on this one, though.

You've got a lot to learn about cars."

Martin arrives, and recognizes Rob.

Martin: "Shaw? Oh it's you! Thank goodness you're okay. Oh, you run at the track too?"

Rob:
"Yeah, that's my hobby back home."

Martin: "Being British, I thought you're into Aston Martins, Jaguars, Lotuses... but you drive an American Muscle too. Nice Caddy, by the way."

Rob: "I'm sure your Shelby makes a lot more power."

Martin: "Hey, feel free to join our track run for today. Be my guest. My friends are eager to run too, so don't keep us waiting."

Martin leaves them and enters the track.

Rob: "I guess it's time to be 'Murican for once. Buckle up."

The run begins, Rob steps hard on the accelerator pedal, and Mark holds on to his seat.

Mark: "It begins... are you going to scare the hell out of me again?"

15609129598_a502f1389b_c.jpg

Rob: "It happens. But make sure you won't vomit."

End of Page 3

Page 4 - Invitation

Seeing that it's just a regular track day, Rob puts the CTS-V into its paces anyway. One has to treat it like a real race.

(Background Music)

15803736362_66b4423a8b_c.jpg

Mark: "Bloody Nora!"

15803736032_1f36b25f1b_c.jpg

Rob: "I gotta admit, the chassis holds up well."

Mark: "What?!?"

Rob: "Yank Tanks aren't so bad after all."

Just like in any other race he had participated in, he applies his precision here as well. So much so, that he immediately catches up to Martin's GT500.

15616754078_ec221450ee_c.jpg

Martin: "Not bad. Not bad!"

Rob: "What's wrong? I thought the GT500 is the best Mustang ever made? 202 miles an hour, am I right? 660 horsepower..."

Mark: "Handling?"

15802163415_bdaed0a18a_c.jpg

Rob: "Rear live axle is simply crap. All 660 horsepower is a waste in that kind of setup."

Ironically, Rob makes his attack - at the main straight. He shifts up a gear and his right foot is totally buried on the pedal.

15800283061_7fcc70f4fa_c.jpg

Martin looks at his right, and could do nothing but watch his car being overtaken.

Rob: "See ya. The Shelby GT500 is not much of a bad boy that everyone thinks."

Martin gets to witness a bit of Rob's true skill, as he sees the CTS-V quickly inching away from him at the high speed corner.

15182205524_a65ac03d9e_c.jpg

Martin: "Unreal..."

15616339339_47d29ef027_c.jpg

Rob: "I need to go to the lavatory. Nature calls."

His run ended abruptly, but Rob didn't mind, as he found it boring and decided to urinate before leaving.

15608712849_97f35e22b2_c.jpg

However, he sees Martin's car parked beside them once again. The young millionaire is waiting for them, as if intending to convey a message.

Martin: "Nice skills. Never thought you are good behind the wheel."

Rob: "I used to enjoy track days back home in London. But I have work here, so..."

Martin: "I think you are a serious racer. A hotel receptionist won't have that kind of epic racing skill.

Tell you what, two days from now, there will be a much more serious circuit race in Laguna Seca. I organized it. It won't be filled with those tuners nor supercars, but serious racing machines. Serious action. Serious cash.

And a serious reward for the winner. That reward will change your life forever."

Rob: "That's serious. All right, count me in."

Mark: "But..."

Rob: "I'll take care of my entry. Leave this to me. Let's go home."

Martin: "See you there!"

Time: 9 pm

Rob relays the information he acquired today to Conrad via Skype, but that doesn't sit well with the latter, though...

Conrad: "Why would you join there? Do you have a slightest hint on what it is? I have seen the roster of cars joining there. There are even Le Mans Prototypes joining the party! We cannot afford to join, let alone prepare a racing car for the event!"

Rob: "I'm being invited, so I must come. Besides, you should not worry a single thing about this, sir. I already have weapon of choice.

I'll just have to air freight it directly to Los Angeles. I know what I'm doing."

Conrad: "Sigh... all right. I trust you so much, anyway. And you are a race car driver too, so I guess this is not new to you at all."

Rob: "Besides, I have to take that "serious award" seriously. It could be those serums."

Conrad: "Plus, Francis will be there as well, as one of the racers. At least he won't stir up trouble."

Rob: "He has to win if he wants the serum badly. But what he doesn't know, the Werewolf will be chasing him.

If you'll excuse me, sir, I have to contact someone right now, for the racing car I'll use."

Conrad: "All right. Have a good rest and good luck."

Rob ends the call and immediately contacts Nigel who, luckily, is available online.

Nigel: "Oh hello, good evening! What can I do for you?"

Rob: "I'm in Los Angeles right now, and you have to air freight a car here, ASAP. I am joining a race two days from now."

Nigel: "That won't be a problem. What shall I send?"

Rob: "Send in the Crossbow."

15182204994_f9f90ff178_c.jpg

Nigel: "Understood. I will fly immediately to London to perform the task."

End of Page 4

Page 5 - Comrades

Time: 7 am, the next day

Since he has nothing to do but to wait for his car today, Rob decides to track down Nina and confront her. He has the whole day to do so.

He opens his laptop, and opens the tracking system installed on Nina in a form of the bracelet he gave to her. It appears that she is still in her hotel in Hollywood Boulevard.

Before he can leave, he uses an app in his phone that will also track down her movements.

Rob: "All set."

He takes a shower first, and then while dressing up, he notices that Nina has moved out, as if going somewhere.

For that, Rob dresses up quickly, loads his .45 caliber handgun and then put on his jacket. He has the phone on his hand while heading out of the hotel.

Rob: "I've got to talk to her. She's in terrible danger."

Time: 8 am

Nash has recently met up with Martin, and has spent the day together with him. What transpired, however, remains a secret...

For now, he is simply watching the morning news, and the report is still about the hotel explosion.

He then hears a door bell ring. The robot immediately stands up, without a conflict in orders nor processes.

Upon opening, however, he meets a flying kick... from Nina. Her foot hits him directly on the face.

Nina: "Performing current objective."

Nash: "Hey! What is this?!?"

Nina does not reply and instead continues on attacking Nash. She follows up a roundhouse kick, but Nash catches her leg and twirls it, spinning her body, but managing to land on her feet.

Nash: "Self-defense systems, activated."

Nina: "Target improving performance. Entering Offense Phase 2."

Three small blades extend from each of her wrists. She strikes with her precision, using arm chops and punches, but Nash narrowly escapes them.

Meanwhile, outside, Rob is running towards Nina's current location.

Rob: "She has stopped. I must hurry!"

Little does he realize that a black van is also on its way there...

Back in the fight, Nash grabs the flat screen television he watching on a while back, and launches it towards Nina. However, his opponent simply slices the TV in half, and proceeds to rush him, still with her blades intact.

However, she misses him, and her blades got stuck on the wall. Using that opening, Nash kicks Nina away, sending her to the couch. He then stands up, and jumps to perform a punch. But Nina rolls over to the side, and springs back up.

Just at the road outside, the black van stops. And after opening its side door, a bazooka is prepared.

Rob sees the bazooka being fired, and realizes that it is fired at the location where Nina is. But it's too late, as the entire home is obliterated. However, he sees Nina blasted away to the other side of the road, and Rob takes the opportunity to run for it, and catch her.

He does catch her, and then roll forwards. He holds Nina on his arms.

Nina: "R... Rob?"

Rob: "What's going on there? Don't worry, we'll hide."

Rob runs as quickly as he can to the alley.

Seeing that Nina is fine, he places her down on her feet, standing.

Nina: "Why are you here? Did Adrian asked you to follow me?"

Rob: "I'll explain later."

He grabs hold of her arm and the two then run away.

Time: 8:30 am

Rob and Nina return safely to the former's hotel room. The two sit on the bed, and Rob takes a look at her.

Rob: "Are you okay?"

Nina: "I have not received damage..."

Rob: "What was happening there? Why was there a bazooka being fired?"

Nina: "I have no idea. But I was there, to eliminate Nash."

Rob: "Why? Why do you have to destroy your comrade?"

Nina: "Because both of us are just mistakes. We are a product of misguided research. Both of us must be destroyed, so that there will be order in the world of racing. The serums have to be stopped.

If I destroy Nash, then I'll destroy myself..."

Rob: "That's just ridiculous..."

Rob stands up and then faces her.

Rob: "You deserve a better life. And Nash too. There's no such thing as life worth throwing for!

What about your brother's dreams? Will you just throw that away?"

Nina: "But I was already a mistake to begin with. Mistakes are to be corrected, am I right?"

Rob: "You are right, but not in the way you just did!

All right... forget that. Now, where's Nash?"

Nina: "I'm sure... he escaped."

Rob: "Let's just hope he did. But right now, you have to stay here. Both of you are in terrible danger.

CIA intends to destroy both of you, while Francis Gautier wants to have Nash to extract the serum."

Nina: "Francis Gautier? The client who bought Noel Honore?"

Rob: "Yes. After Noel got destroyed, he is desperate for the serum, to rejuvenate his skills and his career."

Nina: "What are you going to do next?"

Rob: "I will have to locate Nash. But the most crucial task, is for you to be safe. You have to stay here. I can sleep on the couch while you take the bed.

Tomorrow, I will head to Laguna Seca for a race. Maybe Nash will be there. Once I see him, I'll take him and bring him here too. And then both of you will be safe in the hands of MI6."

Nina: "Understood."

Rob: "Now promise me, not to leave this very room, okay?"

Time: 1 pm, the next day

As planned, Rob and Mark head to Laguna Seca for the race, while Nina simply keeps her word and waits for Rob to return.

Mark disguises as a mechanic working on Rob's car.

Rob: "Make sure you're good with the spanner."

Mark: "I am! I just checked the suspension! This is such an astonishing car."

Rob: "Okay, just leave that car to me. Right now, you have to check on Martin. Leave Francis to me too. I am looking at him right now.

Francis is getting in his Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd '05 Le Mans Prototype car.

Rob: "Looks like my little Crossbow has found a challenge."

Mark performs the duty, and he sneaks through Martin's tent. He sees the vials of serum, ready to be awarded to the winner.

He turns on his small earpiece.

Mark: "Rob, you're right. I have seen vials of serum, to be awarded to the winner of the race."

Rob: "Then I'll simply have to win. We need further evidence."

Mark: "But you know Francis. You've got to be careful out there."

Rob: "I am a racing car driver, remember that. I'll do the rest."

The race has begun, in a rolling start manner.

15625859008_62939ddee8_c.jpg

Rob: "Looks like... I have to "Rob" their dreams."

15626070467_d5308c426c_c.jpg

Rob: "LMP cars? Heh..."

Meanwhile, Mark still peeks through the tent, and sees Martin answering a phone call.

Martin: "WHAT?!? NASH WAS TAKEN?!? Who took him?"

Hearing that, he immediately reports it to Rob.

Mark: "Rob! This just in. Nash Hall was abducted."

Rob: "I guess this comes in full circle now.

Francis Gautier..."

15812814472_c52a48ddbb_c.jpg

Francis: "You shouldn't have taken your eyes off Nash, Martin. I can finally have all the serum..."

Rob's determination increases ten-fold. He grips the steering wheel tightly, and performs lightning-fast gear changes.

Rob: "You just made me more determined to take you down. You have passed your prime, old man..."

End of Page 5

Page 6 - Fight Night

Rob: "Let's go, old man..."

15632978099_70235bd0fe_c.jpg

Passing by the Corkscrew, Rob doesn't care what type of opponents are on the field. For him, skill matters the most, and he relies on it all the time...

15199363833_ce8dfa2657_c.jpg

Rob: "Out of my, Corvette... you're simply too heavy."

15633390958_36867655f4_c.jpg

The audience, even Martin, are surprised at Rob's pace. To think it can go head-to-head against Le Mans Prototypes.

15198834984_6d0851ef3f_c.jpg

Francis: "Everything shall go according to my plan. I win, I get the serum... and I get more thanks to Nash. My future is secured!"

15632977099_927c52ac37_c.jpg

However, little does Francis know, that Rob is closing in...

15795131156_6e5516c29f_c.jpg

Rob: "There you are..."

15795131006_91e3aedce9_c.jpg

Rob makes an attack at the first corner, taking advantage of the X-Bow's light frame.

Rob: "Surprise, mother:censored:."

15633623037_0b7276a624_c.jpg

Francis: "What the?!? How?"

After being overtaken, Rob shows up his signature tactic, going all-out through the turns demonstrating his father's philosophy in racing.

15795130556_0b21505b06_c.jpg

Francis: "Impossible! My car is a proven weapon at Le Mans! It should never lose against that little car!"

15199361863_cf83d4033c_c.jpg

Francis goes all-out as a result, but...

15633622447_1ab7d8e19a_c.jpg

...his best is simply not enough. The X-Bow is just a speck far away.

15633943290_e168a8f201_c.jpg

15198832744_6d26b405b5_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Rob opens up the communication system.

Rob: "I got the lead. Now, take those serums."

Mark: "Roger. Martin is going frantic right now. There... he's out of the tent!"

Mark then grabs a smoke grenade, and slides it across the tent. The huge cloud of smoke makes Martin's bodyguards cough. Using that distraction, Mark takes all the vials, and gets out of the tent.

Mark: "Serums acquired. Now, win the race!"

Rob: "I have already won it, you know. That Francis guy has passed his prime."

Mark then gets in the MI6's van. The other agents count all the contents in the box.

Rob blazes through the competition, shocking everyone with his prowess.

15626070467_d5308c426c_c.jpg

After the race, Rob immediately leaves the premises, without even having to see Martin to avoid further suspicion.

Mark: "Great job, mate."

Rob: "Let's go back to LA. We now have Nash to worry about."

Time: 10 pm

Rob returns to his hotel room, and sees Nina watching television.

Nina: "Oh, there you are. Did you find Nash?"

Rob: "I'm afraid not. It turns out Nash got abducted. I suspect Francis has something to do with it."

Nina: "I can track down Nash if you wish. If there's something I can do to help, then this is it. I still recognize his signal patterns."

Rob: "Then do it."

However, they hear someone knocking on the door. Rob reaches for it, and upon opening...

CIA Agent: "Mr. Rob Hatch, I am from the CIA. You have the possession of a potentially dangerous object. Please surrender Nina Hanne."

Rob then slowly lifts his hand, and shows just two fingers displaying the V sign.

Rob: "You know, while you Americans use the middle finger, we Brits use these."

He uses his two fingers to strike the agent's eye. Seeing the agent writhing in pain, Rob and Nina run away, and take the elevator. He immediately closes the door and go down to the ground floor.

They run across the lobby, and when they exited the front door, Sayuki in the SUV gives chase, contacting others for backup.

The two are immediately cornered at the intersection, with vans intercepting them and with agents equipped with electronic batons. Sayuki gets out of her car as well, also holding an electric baton.

Sayuki: "You have nowhere to run, Rob Hatch! Surrender Nina to us if you intend to settle this peacefully."

Rob and Nina then prepare themselves and lean at each other, facing the opposition around them.

Rob: "Looks like this will be a fight night, Nina."

Nina: "I see. Self-defense systems, activated."

Once again, three small blades pop out from each of Nina's wrists.

End of Page 6

Page 7 - Shut Down

Both Rob and Nina are surrounded at the intersection, by CIA Agents led by Sayuki. All of them hold electric batons, to overload Nina and temporarily shutting her down.

Of course, Rob won't let them lay their fingers on her...

Rob: "Want me to break your ribcage this time, Sayuki? I won't regret it, woman..."

Sayuki: "Intercept them!"

The agents strike at them. Nina uses her blades to slash down her opponents, while Rob battles the others unarmed.

Sayuki makes her move, but Rob hurls one of the agents at her, disarming them both. Then he grabs the electric baton that the agent used, and aids Nina in attacking the others. Rob swings the baton, hitting one on the head, the other on the chest, and another one got hit at the leg.

Sayuki manages to stand up, rushes to Rob and they cross batons. Rob evades her swing, and manages to kick her away.

Meanwhile, Nina disarms and then slashes down another agent. Another one comes, but got roundhouse-kicked by her. Then another one comes up from behind, but Rob stuns him with the baton.

Rob jams the baton on one of the agents about to hit Nina. He looks at the other way, and rushes to the remaining agents.

Kick... punch... baton... and another baton attack... Rob fends them off.

However, Sayuki manages to stun Nina from behind. The robot falls down.

Rob: "NINA!!!"

Before he can rush to her, an agent manages to stun Rob too, and he fell on to the ground.

Sayuki approaches him...

Sayuki: "You know, none of this could have happened if you hadn't resisted. Do you have a thing with robots, seriously? Why are you protecting her?"

Rob looks at her, now with a killing intent. He gathered up strength, and then...

...springs back up, managing to land a hit on the last agent. Then he uses his lethal knee strike move that breaks the ribcage of his opponent.

Sayuki swings her baton, but Rob is too quick for her. He kicks her once again, but a stronger one that sends her to the van. She writhes in pain as her back took damage.

Sayuki: "Ahh!!!"

Rob then quickly approaches her, and points the electric baton at her abdomen.

Rob: "Let her go, or else I am not going to think twice on jamming this thing on you."

Then an MI6 van arrives, with its agents quickly getting out including Mark, then pointing their guns at the CIA agents.

Rob: "It's over, Sayuki. You lose."

He leaves her to pick up Nina. He briefly looks at her as he holds her on his arms. She looks like a human being in deep sleep.

Then the MI6 agents leave. Inside the van, Rob stares at the unconscious Nina.

Mark: "Will she be okay?"

Rob: "I don't know. I'm not into robotics, so I have no idea how to fix her."

Mark: "How can we now locate Nash, now that Nina's out?"

They arrive at a warehouse where some more MI6 employees including Conrad are waiting. Rob puts Nina on a table.

Conrad: "What happened to her?"

Rob: "We're attacked by CIA agents. All of them held electric batons. One shock already overloaded Nina."

Conrad instructs the others to open up Nina's hardware. They examine her head.

Rob: "Hang on a minute... Nina knows Nash's signal patterns. Is it possible for us to find out through her memory banks?"

Conrad: "Good thing I brought some members of the I.T. and Engineering teams here. They'll find out something.

So, what are you going to do next? Martin is in a frantic search for Nash. And he obviously blames Francis.

I suggest you approach Francis first, before Martin does."

Some engineering members extract Nina's memory drive, and they attached it on their laptop. They access her tracking system.

Rob: "That's the remaining thing left to do, anyway."

Conrad: "The team needs time in decoding Nash's signal patterns through Nina. For now, you need to rest up.

I assure you that the team will be able to locate Nash by tomorrow."

Rob: "Understood."

Conrad: "But I cannot promise that we can totally fix her."

Rob: "Noted, sir. Don't exert too much effort."

Conrad: "Okay. We'll head back to the HQ immediately. And I know that you want to finish the job alone.

Exercise extreme caution, as always."

Rob: "Roger that. I'll put an end to this."

Time: 8 pm, the next day

Rob waits the whole day for an update. The only thing he can do is look at the bracelet he gave to Nina.

Rob: "Sorry, Adrian. I don't know what to do right now. I cannot return Nina to you in that state."

He stands up from his bed and looks at the window overlooking the Los Angeles skyline. Some police sirens can be heard, and a helicopter hovers at the horizon.

Rob: "Nina... she does not deserve this. She deserves to live like a human being, and is entitled with the same rights.

Father once taught me, that life is not worth throwing for. He held on that notion, the moment he divorced mother and settled on his own. He told me that whenever I was crying.

And I cannot stand seeing another person's dreams shattered. My dreams were once shattered, and it was very painful. Nina holds Adrian's hopes and dreams, and she exists to fulfill all of them.

And now, Nash... he does not deserve to be just a tool. He is just as human as everybody else. I'm sure, along the way, he had dreams of his own..."

His thoughts were interrupted by a phone call. It's Conrad once again.

Conrad: "Good news. We managed to locate Nash. He is currently at Hollywood Hills. This confirms that Francis has gotten hold of him, as the exact location is his mansion.

I'll send you the address via SMS. You better pull this off ASAP."

Rob: "Understood. I'll settle this tonight."

Conrad: "I put all my faith in you. And the world of racing puts faith on you too, as the fate of the careers of every hard working racer rest upon you."

Rob:
"I'm not going to let them down. I WILL END THIS."

The call ends. While waiting for the SMS, Rob gets his trusted partner, his .45 caliber gun he received during his first day of training in the MI6. He loads it with bullets and then sets off. Upon arriving the car park, Rob puts his helmet on first and then finally gets in his X-Bow. He starts it up...

8114172111158_-jpg.242149

Rob: "Ready for action, my little Crossbow?"

And then he swiftly leaves the parking lot.

Rob resorts to cutting through traffic. This last objective is top priority.

15640019777_e97967a272_c.jpg

15639777998_9cc9cc4261_c.jpg

Rob: "Francis... get ready for Round 2. And it's going to be ugly!"

End of Page 7

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Weee!!! Community is upon us! But wait, we still cannot send cars. So the volunteers will still have to spend. Oh bummer.

But, I have set up a club for the readers of this fanfic. If you want to join, then you have to send a Friend Request in PSN first, as the club is set on Private. Once you're friends with me, you can view my Profile Page as well if you have time, while I will send an invitation.

Oh, here's a little game for you. In my Profile Page, check the Favorite Cars section. There, you will see 3 cars. And here's the game: Only one of them will be featured in the future stories, the two are just random picks.

You can guess, and leave your answer either in the thread that I created in the club's Forum, or you can reply here on this thread.

The roster of cars will change on a weekly basis.

Have fun guessing!

Last edited:
Page 8 - The Final Bout

Rob, wasting no time, charges his way to Francis' mansion in Hollywood hills. The fate of every race car driver rests on his hands. It's time for him to end the Serum Project once and for all...

Upon arriving, he takes off his helmet. And after exiting from his car, he takes out his gun, cocks it. He first surveys the area. He sees two armed men guarding the gate, and inside, he sees a camera.

He then returns to his car, and takes two knives from the small cubby hole of the car. Hiding from the bushes, he waits for the opportunity for an opening.

When he sees the guards slightly turned their backs, he quickly tosses the knives. They hit on the chests, knocking them out cold. After that, he shoots the camera.

He runs for it, and manages to jump over the fence. He uses his stealth to run around the villa, and hiding in another bush again, he sees Francis looking at Nash, who seems to be unconscious.

Francis: "Just 40% left, and he'll reactivate. Good... I can extract the serum once and for all."

Then his big bodyguard arrives, and reports that an intruder has sneaked in.

Francis: "What?!? Get him! Make sure he's dead!"

Rob hears an alarm, and sees some more guards scattering around the garden, in search of him. He sees Francis taking away Nash and heading outside of his room.

Sparing no chance, Rob decides to bum rush, and attempt to intercept Francis head on.

But first, he has to take care of the guards...

Before a guard could even pull the trigger, Rob has already hit him with a sliding kick. Then he picks up that gun, and this time performs a trigger happy on all the remaining guards.

Then another one rushes at him, with a baton. But Rob takes out his knife from the right pocket, and they cross their weapons. After evading a swing, Rob slits the throat of the guard.

He manages to enter, and upon walking the living room, he sees the big-bodied bodyguard jumping from above.

Rob: "The American super-size culture, a perfect example."

The bodyguard crackles his fists, and makes the first move. But before Rob could even guard himself, he's already grabbed and then dragged until he got slammed on the wall.

He sees the bodyguard's giant fist about to land on him, but he blocks it with his two arms. He uses all of his strength to push it away.

Francis holds on to Nash's body, as he sees the two fighting. He makes an escape... but Rob notices him.

Determined to stop Francis, he uses all of his strength to spring back up, and then the two trade blows. The bodyguard manages to punch Rob's face hard, making Rob fall again, but quickly rolling aside and standing up again.

Rob grabs a lamp, and swings it on the bodyguard's head. The shock from the bulb stuns the bodyguard, hence having the opportunity for Rob to counter attack.

Rob jumps up and lands an axe kick on his opponent. Then he uses his knee strike once again, breaking the bodyguard's rib cage. He ends his combo by grabbing the head and twisting it, fatally defeating the bodyguard once and for all.

Rob: "Hah.... hah... hah... you aren't so big after all. Eat less burgers and more veggies, okay?"

He looks back, and sees Francis' Veyron making the escape. Francis has Nash with him, who is still recovering.

He heads outside, and gets back in his car. The chase is on...

(Cue the background music!)

15832591432_44d9652a45_c.jpg

Rob: "There you go..."

Seeing that Rob follows him, Francis puts the pedal to the metal, and doesn't mind the traffic...

15807391806_a4ab082da6_c.jpg

15831019105_7475ab7e65_c.jpg

Rob performs a drift, turning to the next street.

15831018835_671313d2b2_c.jpg

Thanks to the X-Bow's light frame, and the twisty road, Rob catches up without a problem.

15645606178_ef97daf226_c.jpg

Nash is about to reactivate, at 90%.

With Rob being at the side of the Veyron, Francis grabs his gun. When Rob sees that he is about to be shot, he immediately slams the brakes.

15645874227_6629053fa3_c.jpg

Then Rob takes his trusty gun from the passenger seat.

Rob: "My turn now, old man."

15807390606_d0df20a57b_c.jpg

After a small slipstream, Rob goes the side, and then aims for the rear tires.

He fires multiple rounds...

15645222579_39fdc0d027_c.jpg

...until a couple of bullets manage to hit the Veyron's rear left tire. This caused the hypercar to lose control at high speed.

15829150561_42f5cb0bb7_c.jpg

Then finally, Nash reactivates. However, seeing that he is being abducted by Francis, he initiates his ultimate defense mechanism.

Nash: "Enemy recognized, initiating self-destruct sequence."

Francis: "No!!!"

Rob then puts his car on a halt.

15832588572_f52b7bea8b_c.jpg

15832588442_a0721067b6_c.jpg

He quickly gets out, still holding on his gun. As he is about to approach the crashed Veyron, however...

15829152671_b865c7c69f_c.jpg

The Veyron explodes, which took Rob by surprise. Quickly returning to his composure, Rob blows away the smoke from his .45 caliber handgun.

He walks away from the explosion, and then contacts Conrad.

Rob: "Sir Conrad..."

Conrad: "Agent Hatch! What's your status?"

Rob: "Mission accomplished."

He leaves the area, and some firetruck sirens can be heard nearby...

15831030665_defe07cbdf_c.jpg

Time: 10 pm

After that long bout, Rob finally has accomplished his mission. The racing world will be peaceful once more.

But he still has work to do, and he once again contacts Conrad via Skype.

Conrad: "Congratulations, you have completed the mission. We have confirmed the death of Francis Gautier, as we found his remains from the wreckage."

Rob: "Completed? What about Martin?"

Conrad: "I instructed some of our agents to stay in L.A. and apprehended Martin Banks. Martin has offered to tell everything, to lessen his sentence. They are currently escorting him to our headquarters."

Rob: "I see. Thank for you that, sir. But as for Nash..."

Conrad: "The police found a timer from Nash's charred remains. So we assume that Nash initiated a self-destruct sequence."

Rob: "I see. How about... Nina?"

Conrad: "We did everything we could. I'm sorry we could not fix her. She is just too complicated for our technological team. We have to know who created her."

Rob: "Please wait for my arrival. I know of someone who can."

Conrad: "Okay. We'll keep her until you arrive."

End of Page 8

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- All right! Time to unveil the third of my character photos!

I present to you... Rob Hatch!

15833646095_fb12f5723c_c.jpg

So far, three character photos have made it in the OP. More photos will be posted there from time to time.

- And in the next page, there will be a hint of the NEXT SAGA of my GT6 fiction!

Page 9 - Restoration

Time: 9 am, 3 days later

Rob returns home to London immediately after that extreme mission. He arrives at the office 2 days later, with everything back to normal. He sees Mark tossing the Rubik's Cube at him. He catches it and sits at his desk, and then opening his computer.

Mark: "Lucky you, you get to have a 3-month long break."

Rob: "3 months?"

Mark: "Yeah, Sir Conrad told me about it a while ago. I got only a month worth of vacation. That's because you did all the work in your two missions.

Sigh... I wished I could have your genes."

Rob: "It's just determination and hard work, chap. You must have those qualities present within you."

Mark: "So, what about Nina?"

Rob: "Don't worry, I have that covered. I'm going to talk to Sir Conrad first."

Upon standing up, Rob tosses back the cube to his partner, with all the same colors on each side.

Rob heads to Conrad's office.

Conrad: "Agent Hatch, good morning. I'm sure Mark has already told you about the reward."

Rob: "It's a pleasure to accept it. But I'm here to talk about Nina. Where is she?"

Conrad: "She's in the tech department. After dismantling her, we just put her pieces back after we failed to fix her."

Rob: "I appreciate your efforts, but there is the most appropriate person to do the job. I will take her right after work and head straight to Germany."

Conrad: "Germany? What for?"

Rob: "Dexter Heidelberg. He is the man to go for, when it comes to fixing robots. He is the person that spearheaded the creation of the Silverblade robots."

Conrad: "I see. Well, good luck on that."

Rob: "Oh, I'll also use her car that you took with you. She needs transportation to go back home after she's fixed."

15580080080_a8421b417c_c.jpg

Rob is in a rush, heading to a certain location using Nina's Aston Martin DP100...

15579714947_d3b599090b_c.jpg

It stops in front of Professor Dexter Heidelberg's house. The professor is simply enjoying his leisurely time, having of course being released from prison.

15844370585_ae4011fc44_c.jpg

Dexter then hears a door bell. Upon opening the door, he is greeted by the sight of Rob Hatch, carrying the unconscious Nina on his arms.

Dexter: "What can I do for you? Who is that woman?"

Rob: "You are the leading name when it comes to robots. I'm here for you to fix her up."

Dexter: "But I have already given up on that field. It sent me straight behind bars. But how have you gotten here? How do you even know me?"

Rob: "It does not matter. Nina has gotten severely damaged, especially inside. You have to restore her before Adrian knows what happened to her."

Dexter: "But..."

Rob: "No buts, old man. You restored Nigel too, before you went to prison. Nina deserves to have a second chance, and she also deserves to live a peaceful life with Adrian."

Rob simply puts Nina on a sofa, and is on his way out.

Dexter: "Tell me, why are you so eager to have her back? Do you have an emotional attachment to her?"

Rob walks away and closes the door, without answering the question. The professor then lets out a sigh, and looks at Nina, still in deep slumber...

But then, Rob forgot one more thing, hence returning inside.

Rob: "Oh, one more thing."

He places the Aston Martin's key fob on the table.

Rob: "I'll leave her car here, so that she can use it when she will be about to go home.

One important thing you must do is...

...erase her memories of the events that happened in Los Angeles."

Dexter: "Understood. I will work right on it, if you insist."

Time: 6 pm, the next day

The orchestra of a fully-tuned Rotary engine echoes through the hills of Hakone...

15224706763_57ba1c1c14_c.jpg

It turns out, that Takuma is finally performing shakedown runs of the fully-restored Mazda RX-500 he worked on for months.

15818526576_096e108d14_c.jpg

Takuma puts up a grin on his face, having finally satisfied with the performance. He intends to use it for his duel with Nobuhiko, after hearing that his rival also had a new car, the Toyota FT-1.

Takuma: "With this, I shall finally settle the rivalry that has been left hanging for 30 years. Watch out for this, Nobuhiko! Nothing holds us back! LET'S DO THIS!!!"

Conrad takes charge of interrogation, as Rob enjoys his vacation leave. He is interrogating Martin Banks. The two are the only persons in the room.

Conrad: "So you decided to tell us everything. To lessen your sentence, I believe."

Martin: "Yes. Since this serum thingy is over, I have the liberty to spill the beans. Let me tell you one thing...

...YOU JUST FINISHED HALF OF THE BATTLE."

Conrad: "Half? What are you talking about?"

Martin: "You see, Professor Bill is an honorary member in the academy. Hence, I get to meet him most of the time, and he actually takes me to his laboratory.

However, he has another colleague. He is not working on the serum, but...

...he is working in tandem with the Professor when it comes to cars. Cars that brim with the latest technology, and defy all convention.

That person throws away all the restrictions, and urges chosen car companies to give their best shot, and unleash those cars for the racing world to see.

The twist is, those companies top executives know nothing about this project. That man works in secret."

15842373591_a7198f889c_c.jpg

15656836128_e4919bdf3b_c.jpg

Martin: "Who knows? Maybe those cars are roaming on the roads all around the world, as we speak."

THE END

Awesome!

Hmm VGT... interesting. I'm actually thinking of using at least one of them in NS. Can't wait to see the next part!

COFFEE BREAK!

By Monday, the next title - The Eternal Rivalry - will start. Expect it to be short, since it will only deal with the Kanonji-Hiramoto rivalry, anyway. And I shall use the revamped Suzuka track for the duel.

That means, I am free for tonight for any cruise or runs online. In fact, I will start an event in my club later.

And the mastermind behind the VGT cars will show up in the not-so-distant future. I'm finding it hard to portray Kaz as a villain... He is not supposed to be as ruthless as Professor Bill, but is a dedicated person for the project. He simply clashes against Hiroyuki's ideals, and that's it.

COFFEE BREAK!

By Monday, the next title - The Eternal Rivalry - will start. Expect it to be short, since it will only deal with the Kanonji-Hiramoto rivalry, anyway. And I shall use the revamped Suzuka track for the duel.

That means, I am free for tonight for any cruise or runs online. In fact, I will start an event in my club later.

And the mastermind behind the VGT cars will show up in the not-so-distant future. I'm finding it hard to portray Kaz as a villain... He is not supposed to be as ruthless as Professor Bill, but is a dedicated person for the project. He simply clashes against Hiroyuki's ideals, and that's it.

Is this cruising still in plans ???

ETERNAL RIVALRY

Thirty years ago... two of the fastest men in Japanese motorsports history met and eventually clashed in Japan's most prestigious circuit - The Suzuka Circuit. It was an epic battle, with the two tried their very best in outdoing each other.

However, it ended with a draw... proving that their skills are equal. However, the two men felt that the battle has yet to be settled.

Thirty years later... on to the present. History will repeat itself. This time, their children will be on the same battlefield. Will the result be the same? Or will there finally be a winner?

Page 1 - Powered by Determination

Location: Motoring Weekly Office, Nishi-Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Time: 11 am, Friday

Sorry, I'll come back on to you later, guys... I'm in a middle of a taping...

Takuma: "Oh, I'm sure you viewers would love to see the next episode. It will be about the craziest tuned cars all over the country! We even tested some of the cars, including a Lamborghini."

Takanori: "During the past few months, we held an online audition for those tuned cars, and only a lucky few were able to make it for them to be seen and reviewed on television, and as well as being featured in the next issue of our Motoring Monthly magazine."

Nobuyuki: "So please stay tuned for next week. There will be plenty of surprises in store for that episode dedicated for custom cars.

And now, let's do the news!"

Takuma: "And on to the first one. We begin with this..."

We display an upcoming car on the large screen in between us whenever we do the news.

ChevroletConceptsLAAutoShow03.jpg

Takanori: "It's a Chaparral? They're back?"

Takuma: "Probably. But that's their showcasing of their usual innovative methods in race car construction."

Nobuyuki: "It's powered by a laser propulsion system."

Takanori: "Laser???"

Takuma: "Before Nobuyuki can make the viewers scratch their heads because of his geeky tendencies, let's make this simple - it will be the future of racing as we see it. Chaparral is known for being innovative, as I mentioned. Their racing cars pack unusual, but brilliant construction methods that make them win races. For this one, it will be powered by laser, and...

...the unusual part is the driving position. The driver will be lying down, flat on his belly, like an air glider."

Takanori: "I'm trying to imagine that on a car. If that thing will be so fast, then it will put so much strain on the body on that kind of weird driving position! Your neck will break!"

Takuma: "Well, it's just a concept on display, anyway. So we won't see it running at its fullest. Now, moving on."

Takanori: "Ladies and gentlemen, Nobuyuki-san here bought this..."

up!__113502__800.jpg

Takuma: "As we all know, Nobuyuki Hiramoto here loves to drive casually. So that means being slow. And he has the tendency to get lost too."

Nobuyuki: "I added a Navigation system! Come on, guys! This is also a fun car, and sips significantly less fuel than your thirsty Lamborghini or your GT-R. And I can park it wherever I please! Plus, I don't struggle parking it here in the office unlike you two!"

Takuma: "And with another VW Up, traffic will be worse. The cars will travel at a slower average speed thanks to your car."

Nobuyuki: "Hey! Let's have a race to Nagoya someday! Let's see who gets there first! You two use your supercars while I use my trusty VW Up! I will be smiling and I have a lot more money than you when I arrive, because I spend less for fuel! Ha! And I will win!"

Takuma: "Okay, looking forward to that soon. After the break, more motoring news coming your way. So please stay tuned."

Enough bullying. We'll cut in for the commercial break, and more news stuff coming.

Director: "Cut! Let's have a break."

Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee! MOVE OUT OF THE WAY TAKANORI! Mooooooooo!!!

Takanori: "The bull charges straight to the coffee pot! Waaaaaahhh!!!"

Director: "Can the four of you gather here? I have an important announcement."

Nobuhiko: "Okay sir, let me just save the file..."

What's up? Something wrong?

Director: "Knowing that all of you belong in the same team, and then when you join races around the world, it's just normal that all of you will be absent. Our taping schedules get interrupted because of this, and this would result in delays of releasing a new season.

It's for this reason that I shall hire a secondary batch to substitute. And as well as them to be the reviewers for our YouTube channel that will be live next month."

Takanori: "That's a wonderful idea! Plus, it will make production quicker. Delays would be reduced."

Takuma: "But how are we going to process the applications?"

Director: "I have that covered, and the HR department will help, obviously. We've even received an application as far as Osaka. It just goes to show how our program has gotten even more popular thanks to your hard work."

I won't mind having more people in the office. Besides, the Motoring Weekly team needs to expand thanks to our more frequent racing activities.

Director: "That's all for now. We'll talk through this later before you go home. Go back to the studio, as everything is ready."

Time: 6 pm, Saturday

The Director is fine with me skipping Saturdays because of this...

15681703397_ec7aaa09c8_c.jpg

What is that odd-looking, breadvan shaped supercar I'm driving? This is actually the Mazda RX-500. This used to be a concept car, and you might be wondering how I acquired it.

15245206884_537b3a67c5_c.jpg

Simple, I was invited by Mazda to preview the new MX-5 prototype way, way back. I was then granted an exclusive factory tour, and I saw this one lonely sitting in their concept car garage. The looks already caught my attention. But the moment they tried to start it, they failed. It turns out that the engine was neglected, and it's a shame since it's a 1 liter racing-spec rotary engine used in the Luce racing car. It made 240 horsepower, but thanks to Mazda's racing know-how, they made the chassis extremely featherweight.

I thought to myself - "I have to buy this. I love Rotaries, and this is one of the most epic examples!" - so I approached the top brass, and I told him that I will buy it regardless the amount. Knowing my vast knowledge on Rotary engines and as well as being involved in their motorsport activities, he decided to sell it to me in a premium, despite the broken engine. Okay, paycheck submitted, and the engine was thrown out.

15681459749_5070c8ed06_c.jpg

Then I had it sent to RE Amemiya, and provided me a crate engine - a custom-built 3 rotor engine similarly found in GT300-spec FDs. It produces 360 horsepower, not much, but it revs so high, that Ama-san had to redistribute the torque to the low-to-mid rpm spectrum, hence reducing its maximum revs. And the car is already light to begin with, as it weighs as much as Rob's KTM X-Bow R - at 760 kilograms. So do the math and you'll see the incredible power-to-weight ratio. It took me months to restore this beauty at a slow pace, thanks to my work and racing activities...

15680126210_11cedd3e0a_c.jpg

With all those in play, it should be enough to go head-to-head with Nobuhiko's Toyota FT-1. And me challenging him along with the car's completion was an amazing coincidence. This shall take the stage for battle.

15247812413_43c2cc90f4_c.jpg

Our fathers clashed here... and now, their children will repeat history. Oyaji... how tough is Hiroyuki-san? How did you manage to even the odds, despite ending in a draw?

15866834402_137af2185f_c.jpg

But one thing is for sure, the determination my father once had, has passed on to me. I will continue using it, as a weapon against Nobuhiko!

Nobuhiko, sorry to say this, but you will lose here... right here in your home course!

Time: 7 pm

Kokoro is busy playing with the infant Shin, while Little Ben is watching the television. Suddenly, he hears a doorbell ring. The boy reaches for the door, and it turns out that Rob Hatch is paying a visit, taking advantage of his long break.

Little Ben: "Uncle Rob!"

Rob: "Oh hello there, little Ben. Where's your father?"

Little Ben: "He just left the race track. He'll be home by midnight."

Rob: "Midnight? Where did he go?"

Then Kokoro, carrying Shin, enters the conversation.

Kokoro: "Oh it's you, Rob! Come in! And quite a large suitcase you bring."

Rob: "I plan on staying here in Japan for quite some time. I am in a long break. Where's your husband?"

Kokoro: "He just left Suzuka Circuit. He won't be eating dinner with us tonight. Come in! Be my guest. As a matter of fact, you can stay here. We have a guest room here."

Rob: "I'll just have to wait for Takuma, then. Thank you very much for your hospitality."

While Kokoro brings Rob to the guest room, Rob notices a pink Lamborghini in the garage.

15866834052_dc839d4d04_c.jpg

Rob: "Oh god... Did Takuma buy a Reventon and turn it pink?"

Kokoro: "Ahahaha! Actually, it's not his. He just finished reviewing it the other day, and in truth it's a Murcielago fitted with a Reventon-style kit. While he enjoyed the car's performance, he hated the way the owner customized its looks.

It has 810 horsepower, and according to Takuma, he ran the car at the Wangan and it topped out 390 kilometers an hour. That car is said to be one of the fastest Lamborghinis in the country, having won tuning contests and Zero-Yon runs.

My husband will return it to its owner by tomorrow."

Rob: "I see. But I can imagine your husband driving it."

Kokoro: "Here's your guest room. If you need anything, just don't hesitate to call us. I'm sure my husband would love having you around here.

He'll arrive by midnight, and I'll call you when he's here."

Rob: "Thank you very much. I appreciate your kindness. No wonder your husband loved you. They say opposites attract."

Kokoro: "He can't say no to me! Haha! Just kidding. Takuma is the best gift I have, and that gift provided me two more bundles of joy."

Rob: "Deep down, I actually wish having kids of my own, but...

...well, I think it's not the right time for me."

Kokoro: "Awwww.... having a family is the greatest gift you'll ever have. I'm sure you will have kids someday!

Well, I can't keep you longer here, I have to cook dinner. I'll call you when it's ready!"

Rob: "Okay."

Upon closing the door, Rob utters a name...

Rob: "Jenny..."

Time: 8 pm

Nobuhiko makes a surprise visit to his father's home.

15679968138_d110d7a297_c.jpg

He sees his father reading a newspaper, sitting on a sofa while his mother going upstairs. The closing of the door grabs their attention.

Kyoko: "Oh Nobuhiko! Good evening! What brings you here?"

Nobuhiko: "I want to talk to Oyaji about something."

Hiroyuki puts down the newspaper and turns his attention to his son.

Hiroyuki: "What is it? And it's nice of you visiting us."

Nobuhiko: "If I can do it everyday, then I would."

Nobuhiko sits beside his father. The latter puts his hand on to his son's shoulder.

Nobuhiko: "Oyaji, how tough was Michiharu Kanonji?"

Hiroyuki: "Why did you ask that all of a sudden?"

Nobuhiko: "I'm just... curious. It's sometimes bothers my mind."

End of Page 1

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Jenny McCarthy is Rob's ex-girlfriend if you're wondering. Their relationship will be further delved in the future.

- The duel in the revamped Suzuka track has already been done. Less worries for me, then.

- The answer for Week 1's "The Next Fanfic Car" is the orange BMW M4 owned by Nigel. It acts also as his school's demo car. I just posted the new batch of cars for you to guess on for Week 2. Check the Favorite Cars section in my Profile Page in the Community.

15865512811_b7f349d044_c.jpg

Back