Tandem Logic.

• Thread starter Gonales
  • 349 comments
Really? And you call ME childish? First, you start an unnecessary discussion. You proceed to insult me by comparing to a 14 year old, and when I ask for any kind of decent argument for those things, you start repeating after me. Grow up.

I was giving you what you wanted. I think you should grow up. Am I not allowed to compare? And I wasn't even repeating after you, I asked if I could.

I was giving you what you wanted. I think you should grow up. Am I not allowed to compare? And I wasn't even repeating after you, I asked if I could.

If I should grow up, so should you. Yeah, you're allowed to compare, if I'm allowed to compare you to a chimpanzee.

It is against AUP. Double posting.

It happens, get over it. It's my first time, in what? 2 years? :/

If I should grow up, so should you. Yeah, you're allowed to compare, if I'm allowed to compare you to a chimpanzee.

Is it as reasonable as mine? Or are you going to stoop low enough to chilish remarks like the child you seem to be portraying yourself as?

Gonales
Not really, you're just making extreme assumptions, think you know all, and that you're better than others. But yeah, lets just have people ram each other , why not. Just throw in a couple X1's to add to the fun, shall we?

Plus, don't go personal on someone when you can't win a discussion... Looks bad.
And on top of that, don't lie. Posting false information is against the AUP, Spank.

playnthru
Your rep is none of those things(trust me). :ouch: It's more like an overly opinionated, overly self confident, know it all wanna be. Who seems to put herself above everyone, and only believes her opinion matters, and is in fact, the only correct opinion.:(

Just saying :indiff:

^^ about sums it up.

And I'm not posting false information. Need me to post links to all websites which the photos are stolen from?

I'm done here its like arguing with my three year old. :lol: Thread being reported for repeated off topic discussion and considered a pointless thread.

^^ about sums it up.

And I'm not posting false information. Need me to post links to all websites which the photos are stolen from?

I'm done here its like arguing with my three year old. :lol: Thread being reported for repeated off topic discussion and considered a pointless thread.

I wonder why it became pointless... Oh yeah, people getting all personal towards the writer of the OP maybe?

Have you actually ever seen me drift? Or talked to me? Don't judge me on what THEY want to make you think.[/QUOTE]

Nope, but I read in here daily for over 2 years.. I'm not meaning to judge you at all. Please don't take it that way.:) Just trying to point out how it looks to others when reading in here.👍 You can come off very strong at times and I think it works against the point you're trying to make.

You could be the nicest person in the world? :bowdown: But sometimes reading your posts, it's hard to tell.

Anyway,I hope that is clearer. It was not meant as judgement or an attack. Just an outsiders point of view.👍 :cheers:

playnthru
Nope, but I read in here daily for over 2 years.. I'm not meaning to judge you at all. Please don't take it that way.:) Just trying to point out how it looks to others when reading in here.👍 You can come off very strong at times and I think it works against the point you're trying to make.

You could be the nicest person in the world? :bowdown: But sometimes reading your posts, it's hard to tell.

Anyway,I hope that is clearer. It was not meant as judgement or an attack. Just an outsiders point of view.👍 :cheers:

Yeah i understand what you mean.

Dom is a very blunt person. She is actually a really chill and cool person. GTP a lot of people word things differently so when you read someone's post you try to interpret what they're saying. It easily gets mixed up quick.

This is why i read everything in Morgan Freeman's voice hahahahahahaha.

Dom is a very blunt person. She is actually a really chill and cool person. GTP a lot of people word things differently so when you read someone's post you try to interpret what they're saying. It easily gets mixed up quick.

It's a lil more than blunt, but now I'm starting to feel bad for her... She used to be on my friend list, and she does drift pretty good in GT5. If she was more polite and considerate, I'm sure she could be very helpful to the community.

This thread is a good example... The main topic is a good one, but it almost passively attacks people who: A. Are new to tandem drifting or B. Don't care enough about a video game to try to be perfect all the time.

As usual I'll try to add another tandem tip to keep the discussion positive. Remember when following someone, try not to get fixated on the car ahead of you. Being aware of the corner ahead helps to predict when the lead car will initiate the slide. Especially in transitions where you'll have to let off before them in order to clear room for the direction change. 👍

Well... im about 3 or 4 weeks or so away from the game. Except by 1 time that i appeared online and tried my luck with Alpa and Gambino, i barely didn´t touched my PS3 (at least to play games). What worries me is not the gap, but yes because im losing the interest on drifting or even play driving games. I almost feel guilty for that.

I hope it pass as soon as possible. Also, i hope i don´t suffer too much to get back my mojo, learn back how to control a car, and then how to sharp my timming on tandems, breaking points, measure spaces and speed...

I was wondering about open a thread to say it, but it would be kinda selfish of my part. Also i don´t know how many friends will read this, but at least i feel ok to let you guys know it. I don´t know how many friends will disapear from my PS list, but ill not keep any harsh if this happen and if i come back to play, ill send FRs for those i find back on the lobbies.

Well... im about 3 or 4 weeks or so away from the game. Except by 1 time that i appeared online and tried my luck with Alpa and Gambino, i barely didn´t touched my PS3 (at least to play games). What worries me is not the gap, but yes because im losing the interest on drifting or even play driving games. I almost feel guilty for that.

I hope it pass as soon as possible. Also, i hope i don´t suffer too much to get back my mojo, learn back how to control a car, and then how to sharp my timming on tandems, breaking points, measure spaces and speed...

I was wondering about open a thread to say it, but it would be kinda selfish of my part. Also i don´t know how many friends will read this, but at least i feel ok to let you guys know it. I don´t know how many friends will disapear from my PS list, but ill not keep any harsh if this happen and if i come back to play, ill send FRs for those i find back on the lobbies.

You are welcome to join any of our private and open lobbies when you get the itch to drift again Lazy! :sly:

You are welcome to join any of our private and open lobbies when you get the itch to drift again Lazy! :sly:

I've always wanted to drift with Nemesis team because it seems like it is popular so what time are you guys open? I'll add you and say something about Open lobby drifting.

Thanks mate. Ill keep that in mind.
I drift in driving games since 2007 (Project Torque then GT5) or even earlier, so a old and strong love can face some weak moments, but never will completly die.

If you're the type to get easily offended, drifting is not for you.

Why do you say that?

@Everyone
Drifting is unorthodox, it's mad. It goes against what people had known how cars behave for so very long.

We're all a part of that mad group that likes to throw a car around corners rather than gently cradle it around them.

That said, as crazy as we are. I think we need the guide lines to make it fun for everyone.

As has been stated repeatedly, it's not really viable for someone to be drifting using CS around people using CH, the speed difference makes it either impossible or far less enjoyable than when everyone's on similar grip levels.

I mean, there's no real need to go off at someone for hitting you, accidents happen and it's not like we have insurance claims in virtual reality :lol: but just be courteous guys! that's the main point of all this.

We all know accidents happen, it's a fact of life. Humans aren't perfect and I don't think we ever will be, nobody's expecting perfection. Just a bit of common sense and forethought.

The compromise here as I see it is being polite, if you're having a great time flinging your car around corners but then hit someone when they're having just as much fun you're going to be spoiling theirs aren't you? so apologise and try harder to avoid hitting people.

Being careful isn't the same as being stuck up or elitist or all of this nonsense.

Drifting is stupid fun and we all love it, don't make it into this big political argument and especially don't bring personal things into it.

I dunno guys, I think we all need to stop. Take a step back and just look at what we're becoming..
If I were a new member I would be /terrified/ of drifting online for fear of sparking these arguments.

It's clear some of you have your differences with Gonales, her attitude and her personal views. That's fine, but please don't let this stuff devolve to this level. Her intentions are good even if the execution of making them clear gets muddied at times.

As I see it, Dom is only wanting to help people learn what she thinks is the right way to drift, if you disagree with that view you don't need to follow it nor does anyone else.
There are some people in online lobbies I've seen where people are teaching others how to drift on sports tyres, these people are going to be gimped and held back from experiencing the full potential of drifting.

Does that mean I should stop them? no, nor should anybody else have that control over someone.
What we can do, is tell them there are alternative and in our view, better ways of doing things, IE RWD with comfort hard.
If you don't want to listen, sweet as! go do your own thing outside of CH RWD lobbies.
If you do? you can experience drifting in a new way then make your decision as to what you prefer.

I dunno guys, there's something very broken here and I can't put my finger on what it is.
But we really need to calm down and start to stick together as a community, we're all car nuts that like doing things wrong in the eyes of the main stream, don't turn that into arguments about who's right or wrong.

Last edited:
^ Good point ^

My situation is similar but my feeling are different. I've been off drifting for just about a fortnight (holiday on the long white cloud) and I really want to get back to learning on the wheel. Hopefully you'll feel more enthusiastic to drift soon, I feel all of us go through that sort of stage

On another note I am still surprised that 1.) this thread is still having disputes and 2.) it hasn't been properly reasociated with the original post and it's theme.

The rules and regs of tandem drifting are more about unwritten rules and common sense and courtesy rather than us lot trying to come up with and argue about the rules. If you are tandemning, don't bump people. If you do, just ease off. If you spin out, let the others pass safely before re-entering the track! People defy convention due to inexperience and arrogance/stupidity. Were only "coming up with" and writing down these rules based on the actions of others who didn't have as much comprehension and initiative. We understand the common courtesy, it just seems to me we are trying to re-educate ourselves with information we know when we need to educate the others who are new to or bad at the tsuiso run

:lol:
This thread made my day... People saying don't be serious when they spent what, 3-4 hours on a pointeless discussion.. Others who act childish when a few posts ago they made their vote clear for "no to childishness"... and others who I think are just bored and have nothing else to do since they decided to take part of the discussion... O gawd... god bless all the people in this thread, thanks to them I am going to bed with a smile on my face. And mad respect for those who actually tryed to stay out of the conversation and actually read the thread title
Good night :)

DriftShiro
This thread made my day... People saying don't be serious when they spent what, 3-4 hours on a pointeless discussion.. Others who act childish when a few posts ago they made their vote clear for "no to childishness"... and others who I think are just bored and have nothing else to do since they decided to take part of the discussion... O gawd... god bless all the people in this thread, thanks to them I am going to bed with a smile on my face. And mad respect for those who actually tryed to stay out of the conversation and actually read the thread title

Hahahaha right. Love you shiro

I am sorry, but you are no different than the ones who posted here. Me, you and everyone else here is guilty on that... because if you really didn't want to take part, you wouldn't even post your "point of view". And you know that.

Edit: Same for you Lock2Lock and people who try to say these things.

Speaking of which good drifting with you and marcus a few days ago 👍

These arguments will never end, no wonder this forum is frowned upon :lol:

Have you actually ever seen me drift? Or talked to me? Don't judge me on what THEY want to make you think.

Anyway,I hope that is clearer. It was not meant as judgement or an attack. Just an outsiders point of view.👍 :cheers:[/QUOTE]

Not only in the posts. She just can't behave at all even in servers. Calling people names, judging them without even having talked with them (or at least in a mature way).

There is no point trying to argue with someone full of herself and that obviously haven't been taught good manners/politeness when a kid.

DarkAvengerZR1
I am sorry, but you are no different than the ones who posted here. Me, you and everyone else here is guilty on that... because if you really didn't want to take part, you wouldn't even post your "point of view". And you know that.

Edit: Same for you Lock2Lock and people who try to say these things.

Hahahaha yeah right haha

Not only in the posts. She just can't behave at all even in servers. Calling people names, judging them without even having talked with them (or at least in a mature way).

There is no point trying to argue with someone full of herself and that obviously haven't been taught good manners/politeness when a kid.

Let's get some things straight. I never react after just one nudge, or bump. It takes multiple. The next step I take is asking people to leave me alone. Last but not least, if they keep following me when I don't want to, I start asking questions, yes.

Full of myself? No good manners nor politeness? You don't know me, at all. :/

Let's get some things straight. I never react after just one nudge, or bump. It takes multiple. The next step I take is asking people to leave me alone. Last but not least, if they keep following me when I don't want to, I start asking questions, yes.

You never said such a thing, except when you bring up stories from a lobby. But that's in some lobby, not here on GTP towards us. Plus, it's also up to you on whether or not you respond. Sometimes it's best to just walk away, but don't go into whom should walk away. It can go both ways.

Think with an open mind and you'll see what we're talking about. :)

I thought I was reading a soap script for a while, but then I saw this and realized it was just Maury Povich lol.

You don't know me, at all. :/

Most people can be known well enough on chat boards or game lobbies, or at least know there is a general behavior that won't cause commotion.(unless it's wanted of course)

SomethingsGottaGive.jpg

Anyway, thanks for the entertaining read :D

Then explain me why you started insulting me the 1st time I played on the same serv as you despite the fact I did nothing wrong to you (no bumping or all that bs)?
Not to mention you were acting all like "I know what's drifting, you don't" despite the fact you don't know me at all.

Then explain me why you started insulting me the 1st time I played on the same serv as you despite the fact I did nothing wrong to you (no bumping or all that bs)?
Not to mention you were acting all like "I know what's drifting, you don't" despite the fact you don't know me at all.

:dunce: Dodgy players these days.:ouch:

Back