TCS changing automatically

• Thread starter dvdj
  • 4 comments
Belgium
Belgium
Hi,

When I'm qualifying or racing for an online daily race, my TCS moves up automatically without me doing anything. This can happen on 2 occasions:

1)
- I'm driving and set TCS to 0 via Multi-Function Display (MFD)
- I switch to brake balance and immediately back to TCS
- Now my TCS is always at 1

2)
- After driving about 1 lap, I suddenly see it's changed from 0 to 1

I'm using a Thrustmaster T300 RS wheel. I'm sure I'm not accidentally touching the D-pad because I have my hands on my wheel.

Is there a reason why GT Sport is upping my TCS (because it thinks I need it...?) or do I have a buggy steering wheel? Or is this a known GT Sport bug?

As a side note: sometimes my Option button is activated without me touching it during a race. Very annoying.

Thanks for your help!

Same thing happened to me with my T300RS. There is a bug in the steering wheel that activates the up arrow or option button. For me, it often happened while making right turns.

I updated the firmware on my wheel (originally purchased Nov 2017) and the bug seemed to go away. You will need to go to the thrustmaster web site and connect the wheel to your computer. You can follow these instructions here: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t300rs-en/

Scroll down and read the instructions under Firmware and download the driver.

Same thing happened to me with my T300RS. There is a bug in the steering wheel that activates the up arrow or option button. For me, it often happened while making right turns.

I updated the firmware on my wheel (originally purchased Nov 2017) and the bug seemed to go away. You will need to go to the thrustmaster web site and connect the wheel to ypur computer. You can follow these instructions here: https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t300rs-en/

Scroll down and read the instructions under Firmware and download the driver.

Thanks, I was just visiting that page as you answered. I have a Mac but I'll figure it out with Bootcamp.

Hi,

When I'm qualifying or racing for an online daily race, my TCS moves up automatically without me doing anything. This can happen on 2 occasions:

1)
- I switch to brake balance and immediately back to TCS
- Now my TCS is always at 1

2)
- After driving about 1 lap, I suddenly see it's changed from 0 to 1

I'm using a Thrustmaster T300 RS wheel. I'm sure I'm not accidentally touching the D-pad because I have my hands on my wheel.

Is there a reason why GT Sport is upping my TCS (because it thinks I need it...?) or do I have a buggy steering wheel? Or is this a known GT Sport bug?

As a side note: sometimes my Option button is activated without me touching it during a race. Very annoying.

Thanks for your help!

I too have T300RS (GT Edition) and used to have this issue as well. The Options and Up buttons randomly activated without me touching them. One day I connected it to my PC, updated the FW and it stopped. I used to think that it was a HW issue. That the button mechanism might somehow be loose and self-activate but it looks like it really is a FW issue only. Update it and that should take care of it. 👍

Last edited:
Back