TCV5 HURRY THE HELL UP thread

If i may be so bold... Perhaps for future indulgence in TCVs it may be a good idea to just have 1 judge maximum 3. Otherwise things seem to get messy with people not accomplishing their tasks. Or perhaps having just one judge, judge one category instead of having each judge, judge all categories.

I'd suggest we'd brake the categories up. I wouldn't mind to judge the supercar category, since it hasn't been done yet and I haven't entered myself.

I do have litte free time, because I need to learn for a very important Statics exam next week. But afterwards I could to supercar!

Edit: Just don't expect too much from my driving. I haven't been driving GT4 with my wheel since I bought Assassins' Creed II, and that's a long while ago.

All of these are good ideas, because obviously everybody's got time constraints and can't judge the entire set of cars. I would like to see it possibly like this:

1. Me & mafs judge all the cars. Well, my part is done, of course. :sly:

2. A guest-judge can choose a category, and run with it.

3. As long as a total of 4 judges have judged a category, those points can then be rolled together and a winner for each category found?

4. The points previously tallied-in by ins@ne (lightweight) and McSqueegy (Middleweight) would still count for lightweight and middleweight respectively. Add my points. Add mafia boy's points. All we'd need is one guest-judge for lightweight and one for middleweight to have four judges. Or perhaps one person can finish both light & middleweight?

5. Heavyweight and Supercar..we'd need two guest judges each (assuming Mafia Boy is still with us) to make a total of four judges for each of these categories.

It's up to mafia boy+ I guess. I'd like to see something happen. :dopey:

..and trust me, possible guest-judges...once you drive someone's car, it gets addicting. Assuming you don't have to work or go to bed or go to school (or whatever), it's possible to get a category all done within three or four days. I only took longer than this becaues I'm anal,and went into alot of detail. Y'all don't need to do this. Just drive each car, respect it, write about it (if you want)and get some points up.

Mafs? Whacha think? :D

Last edited:
I had a HUGE discussion of this with PF about 36hrs ago (and believe me I'll be paying for it in the phone bill, 2hrs of landline to mobile = :eek: ) and he almost read the riot act to me for not finishing everything.

Basically it's like this.....I like to do them in batches but time constraints and other issues offline prevent me from doing so (like at the moment my PS2 is in the bedroom rather than plugged in the TV due to an argument here at home causing me to be concerned about all my possessions and whether they would be stolen when I'm away this weekend!!), so I will be doing 2 cars a day to get it done as quickly as possible from my end ASAP. I mean, if it was 1 car a day then it would be another 30 days before it gets done so I will reduce it down to 2 weeks for final results for myself.

I can't speak for Macca OR in.s@ne as to whether they will finish their ends of the deal but I AM COMMITTED to finishing it.

Macca, in.s@ne, we await what you guys are going to do because if you don't want to finish it then I will accept other guest judges to do so.

If a guest judge does come onboard, I would like to remind them that if your car is entered in that category then the same rules apply where you cannot provide a score for your own car. :)

I had a HUGE discussion of this with PF about 36hrs ago (and believe me I'll be paying for it in the phone bill, 2hrs of landline to mobile = :eek: ) and he almost read the riot act to me for not finishing everything.

Basically it's like this.....I like to do them in batches but time constraints and other issues offline prevent me from doing so (like at the moment my PS2 is in the bedroom rather than plugged in the TV due to an argument here at home causing me to be concerned about all my possessions and whether they would be stolen when I'm away this weekend!!), so I will be doing 2 cars a day to get it done as quickly as possible from my end ASAP. I mean, if it was 1 car a day then it would be another 30 days before it gets done so I will reduce it down to 2 weeks for final results for myself.

I can't speak for Macca OR in.s@ne as to whether they will finish their ends of the deal but I AM COMMITTED to finishing it.

Macca, in.s@ne, we await what you guys are going to do because if you don't want to finish it then I will accept other guest judges to do so.

If a guest judge does come onboard, I would like to remind them that if your car is entered in that category then the same rules apply where you cannot provide a score for your own car. :)

Cool man. :crazy: I understand this is a bit tempermental, but I (and alot of others) just wanna see it get done, that's why we're being somewhat pushy on the matter. If Macca and ins@ne wanna do it, fine. If we import some guest judges, cool. But like mafs said, if your car entered the contest and you wanna be a judge, the points factor will change.

Here's an update, shut up and wait. Considering you aren't even part of TCv5, it's quite annoying for you to ask mazdaman. :grumpy:

Well, I've copped it from a few different people already Lucas so I get exasperated whenever I see another question asking about it, especially after explaining it not even 10 posts ago!!

I'm judging 1 car per day (restarted with lightweight) so I have 2 cars left there. Then middleweight and then restarting supercar. I'm still waiting on what the others are doing, because if they don't want to do it, I'll get 2 others to judge.

I have someone in mind I think might make a good judge. Funny thing is it's somone I don't like very much. :yuck: But that's why he might be good at judging, after all, nobody much likes Simon Cowell, but he's good at telling the truth

I'll PM the guy, see what he says.

I have someone in mind I think might make a good judge. Funny thing is it's somone I don't like very much. :yuck: But that's why he might be good at judging, after all, nobody much likes Simon Cowell, but he's good at telling the truth

I'll PM the guy, see what he says.

PM me and let me know who your choice is aswell Mr.Parnelli. 👍

Just to let everyone know I have found a judge, he's currently doing Heavyweight class, and making good progress! I already PMed you mafs, not sure if you saw it or not.

I can't wait until TCv6. I want to do well with my cars. As long as I don't come last, like in Photomode Competitions, I'll be happy.

Too Old has told me privately he may do Supercar next. So stay tuned. I hope he does, I like the points system he came up with.

He WILL be doing supercar....I've given my blessing for him to do so and found his judging in heavyweight to be quite well thought out. :cool:

EVERYONE thank Too Old for his contributions to the judging. 👍

I have an idea for TCv6. My inspiration:
We should have horsepower classes and maybe even a touge-themed event. Too bad this may horrify those who do not want Costa di Amalfi associated with touge. So my Plan B is this: budget caps. There should be separate classes each with a certain budget limit, and then one class called "unlimited" where there are no budget caps. The cars you can tune in each class should also have price limits. For example, Class A cars may have a budget cap of Cr.30,000, but you can't tune a car in that class which has a moderately high price, such as a Dodge Viper or Pagani Zonda.

He WILL be doing supercar....I've given my blessing for him to do so and found his judging in heavyweight to be quite well thought out. :cool:

EVERYONE thank Too Old for his contributions to the judging. 👍

Yea, it's awesome the contest is moving forward again.

Back