TCV6 discussion + tentative rules

On that note can we have some more guidelines regarding power and weight restrictions or are we doing it by drivetrain again like TCv4?

By drivetrain. The entry thread IS up and it has a bit of extra clarification on the rules for the cars themselves.

O.K. then...Let me get the TCV6 rules staight:

Aside from the tire, downforce and drivetrain restrictions, everything else is pretty much free? No power limit for each class? No minimum weight? No Power-To-Weight Ratio or "Battle Monster" lap-times to take into account? And the car has to be a road car that can be bought or won, but isn't a Concept Car (With the exception of the Pontiac Solstice maybe?) and has 5 units of stock downforce or less...

Might give this a go, would like to see how I'm rated with other tuners.

Maybe we should leave this until GT5 comes out, although GT4 would be in the gaming equivalent of a vegetative state when that happens.

You would think there was still life here even seeing over sixty people looking in these threads and not much posting going on and when there is. nobody wants to know?

You'd think.

But no. If there had been any real interest at all we would've had entries done by the end of October and judging done by GT5's launch.

I would be up for a TCV6, but personally would rather see TCV5 wrapped up first. Don't see that happening though.

Are we still going through with TCV6? Seems plenty of people are interested, if we can just get them to post.

I'm not posting any cars (I'm not officially a tuner) but I am going to judge cars. I see you've got an RS200 up, and I will eventually drive it. Might take a few days though. :)

*sigh* Of course once GT5 is already out people start getting interested.

Ah well. If we get enough people in I'll see it through.

I've posted two tunes already, one in the FWD category and the other in the Unlimited category. I almost forgot that I carried out stage 3 Weight Reduction on my Unlimited class weapon.

I should hopefully hame some up this weekend. Won't make new tunes however, they will be cut and paste jobs from my defunct garage.

I'll throw my hat in the ring. Mine will use wings but just wondering, how do you tell how much factory downforce a car has?

If those are bad or to much wing I can change them, but some cars just don't work well without them, particularlly ones that have a low power to weight ratio and a lot of horsepower. If your driving with a standard controller the gas is either on or off, with little in between. Pedals would allow somemore flexiblity if they are anything like real ones, but alas I do not know for sure.

If those are bad or to much wing I can change them, but some cars just don't work well without them, particularlly ones that have a low power to weight ratio and a lot of horsepower. If your driving with a standard controller the gas is either on or off, with little in between. Pedals would allow somemore flexiblity if they are anything like real ones, but alas I do not know for sure.

Yeah, you might be right about that, but you still must follow the rules. But noticed that you made the changes required. 👍

E: When are the tunes going to get tested?

The Speed 12 would be illegal anyway due to the "5 units of stock downforce or less" rule. If I'm not mistaken, rear downforce goes to 40? That would mean it has a stock downforce level of 10 points and is therefore illegal.

Back