Team Real Talk

• Thread starter Veyronrt
  • 135 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everyone is worried about making a Honda fast. And a 8psi single cam isn't much to boast about.

yup, if tuned tight it will only run low 14's with slicks, now if you were to go all out then we're talking....

xSickxWiDxiTx
I'm sure mine is faster then yours was.

Trust me when i tell you this no it wasn't. I invested for 20 grand in parts. From turbo to nos and all the above.

Last edited:
Trust me when i tell you this no it wasn't. I invested for 20 grand in parts. From turbo to nos and all the above.

1++

That civic might run high 15s! with the owner driving:lol:

My 4door nissan will take that single cam all day!jk..lol

Last edited:
Lmfao your all talk, my single cam is 564 hp at the crank runnin 10s on 32 pounds of boost on a 68 trim turbo, so idk where you gettin it runs 14 or 15s , I love haters. 500 whp outta a single cam you can all run your mouths wait till I order the h22 or k24 for it. Ill see y'all in the 9s :)

Lmfao your all talk, my single cam is 564 hp at the crank runnin 10s on 32 pounds of boost on a 68 trim turbo, so idk where you gettin it runs 14 or 15s , I love haters. 500 whp outta a single cam you can all run your mouths wait till I order the h22 or k24 for it. Ill see y'all in the 9s :)

Maybe you shouldn't tell people you're on 8 pounds then :banghead:. I'm definitely not hating on a Honda. I did the whole Honda thing a long time ago, 324whp CRX, built LS on 18 pounds. All they are, are money pits. But you'll learn that when you get older 👍

Besides, who measures hp at the crank?

xSickxWiDxiTx

Dude i am not hating on your civic you were the one who said yours was faster then mine was. I don't think you realize this but i been out of high school for 10 years. I am way too old for civics now that's a little kid car. Hating please get real dude its a civic that looks like **** anyways.

Lol still hatin. How's it look like s h I t? Cuz it has honda ep3 rims on it right now? And it was on 6 pounds on the old motor and turbo, 250whp and 330 at crank, ik Hondas, that's why my honda and all my friends eat v8s all day long, my eg has not one spot of rust on it and it looks like s h I t? Lol hatin!

xSickxWiDxiTx
Lol still hatin. How's it look like s h I t? Cuz it has honda ep3 rims on it right now? And it was on 6 pounds on the old motor and turbo, 250whp and 330 at crank, ik Hondas, that's why my honda and all my friends eat v8s all day long, my eg has not one spot of rust on it and it looks like s h I t? Lol hatin!

Dude its a civic lol. They were cool when i was a kid. Sell that crap and spend your money on a car worth fixing. Trust me i made the same mistake. That is why i sold mine and bought a wrx. It's funny how you really think i am hating on a civic please that car isn't even worth hating on.

Relax dude, we we're all going by the 8lbs statement, as a Honda guy I am I know what 8lbs of boost on a single cam can do, props to you if in fact you are running that amount of power out of that motor but for some reason it seems outrageous, what internals you have? Sleeved? You got to have a very low compression and it should barely idle let alone drive it on the street like that, and how many transmissions you've been thru? Cause you know D series trannys are junk....

Lose 80hp through the drivetrain at 6 pounds, but only lose 64hp at 32 pounds 👎

I, too, know Hondas. And know that no single cam is making 250whp on 6 pounds haha. B16's make 250whp on 10 pounds, and they are a far superior engine to any d series.

I'm calling BS until you post a dyno sheet. And this isn't me "hatin." But congrats on eating V8's. When I had my R6 (6.7's 1/8th, 10.9's 1/4), I raced a few 500whp Hondas, not a single one beat me. But I lost to a few V8's.

lose 80hp through the drivetrain at 6 pounds, but only lose 64hp at 32 pounds 👎

I, too, know hondas. And know that no single cam is making 250whp on 6 pounds haha. B16's make 250whp on 10 pounds, and they are a far superior engine to any d series.

I'm calling bs until you post a dyno sheet. And this isn't me "hatin." but congrats on eating v8's. When i had my r6 (6.7's 1/8th, 10.9's 1/4), i raced a few 500whp hondas, not a single one beat me. But i lost to a few v8's.

+1,000,000...:)

I bet you pay 800dollars for it!

Last edited:
So spent all the money on a single cam engine ? Wow very expensive excercise, lol how many broken drive shaft, gearboxes and gear pinion ring you went through lol

kingking
So spent all the money on a single cam engine ? Wow very expensive excercise, lol how many broken drive shaft, gearboxes and gear pinion ring you went through lol

Thats why i sold mine back in the day and went with a subie.

Oh Jd lol a Scoobie, most used car here there main problem here is tranny and always run a big end bearing,but usually happens aroun 155,000 ks on clock, maybe its the layout of engine and abused?

kingking
Oh Jd lol a Scoobie, most used car here there main problem here is tranny and always run a big end bearing,but usually happens aroun 155,000 ks on clock, maybe its the layout of engine and abused?

I never got a chance to really enjoy it since i totaled it a few months after i got it lol.

The entire motor is built, sleeved everything, track cam idles like a v8 bro, ik Hondas too, trust the kid I got the car off of is a honda know it all, I'm standing with this kid right now at a demo derby, he sold me the car cuz he has a k24 ep3, and this is the 2nd motor in the car, and forged internals, the car is completely built.

Actually yes and no, I helped build this car that's with I got it so cheap, I bought the cam the turbo the manifold and payed for the sleeves. So it is built not bought.

So it's bought, not built?

This is still not accurate it is built as in its not just a crate motor with a supercharger that gets 800 hp thats bought. Built is a little 4 banger that makes 200 hp with a turbo that will push it to 400 then you still have to figure out what to do to push it farther. A lot farther therefor it is still built but not by him. It is still a built car bro. And lets keep it on track lets not get the thread locked up we are already on a last chance.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree with Vey, we can go on and on about this stuff, apologize for crashing in like that in here but sometimes you gotta have your facts straight so that you don't end up looking like a fool, I'm 33 and I've been working on Hondas since my teens and I'm really good with numbers and turning wrenches in real life so anything that doesn't make sense I caught up to it fast.... My title Honda Master tech

Good luck with the Team 👍

c-losk
Yeah I agree with Vey, we can go on and on about this stuff, apologize for crashing in like that in here but sometimes you gotta have your facts straight so that you don't end up looking like a fool, I'm 33 and I've been working on Hondas since my teens and I'm really good with numbers and turning wrenches in real life so anything that doesn't make sense I caught up to it fast.... My title Honda Master tech

Good luck with the Team 👍

Old man lol jk bro.

Then if you been workin on Hondas since a teen you should know a fully built d16y8 turbo will make 500 hp.

Doable yes, but we all went the easy way out, swaps then boost if we wanted more speed, nobody back in the days wanted to spend that kind of money on a SOHC... I know Bisi had one CRX with an Accord motor but his was NA and it was for drag strip not a daily, that's it for now good night and stay safe...

Look who's talking J, member that movie, lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back