Team Shmo Tuning Garage

• Thread starter shmogt
  • 74 comments
shmogt
Hello, everyone! Some of you may be familiar with my previous tuning in GT5 and GT6, well, I am back for GT Sport! Been busy, but have lots of tunes already and will have many more in the future. If you'd like to see all tunes, guides, news, or general tips you can find it all at TeamShmo.com. Also, Team Shmo has Partnered with Gran Turismo Sport: Tuning & Competitions to bring you even more tunes that have been tested in competition!

The tunes listed below are in order of what they were made for. The headings should be self explanatory, however, a lot of people ask me what the difference between "race" and "track" is? Race means a car has been tuned for racing while Track means an actual race car has been tuned. Most tunes are set to be better at certain tracks, but should work well at all tracks.

Race
Track
Rally

Last edited:

Lamborghini Huracán GT3 ’15

A Category 2 hurricane named Catarina, back in 2004 was the last time a hurricane stepped foot in the beautiful country of Brazil! With speeds of nearly 100 mph… it was a devastating aftermath.

Today, another hurricane returns, and this time it’s a Category GT3!

Car: Huracán GT3 ’15
Track: Autódromo de Interlagos
Time: 1:25.897
Tires: Super Soft

This track requires a specific racing line in order to achieve the quickest lap possible. I’ve tuned this car to the best of my ability to run on that racing line…

The secret to this track is how you approach the Senna-S and how you exit it! Carry as much momentum through each corner after the long straight and you’ll be golden! The only way you can mess the rest of the lap up is through the final corner. You can actually dive into this corner carrying as much speed as you can! The road cambers in your favor, just be sure you don’t cut too much and try to exit in a straight line!

The brakes on the car are excellent by the way, however, reduce “Initial Sensitivity” under LSD if you feel the throttle is too sensitive.

Last edited:
Can i use the gr.4 tune for the gr.3? Or is it a big difference?
That is tough to say. I would suggest to use the tune and try to get the settings as close as possible. Only real way to tell if it will work is to try and see.

Ford GT40 ‘ 06

To be fair, I wasn’t too interested in the GT40. When I saw Jeremy Clarkson try to get in and out of his, all the more reason!

But when you get behind the wheel of this beautiful iconic monster… You’ll see why he wanted one!

Power/Weight: 152/86
Time: 1:39.889
Track: Monza
Tires: Race Soft
Won by Paul Smith

3 things to keep note of when driving this car…

1. Naturally, the big booty will be heavy
  2. The engine is in the rear
  3. Lots and lots POWER!
These 3 things are important when tuning and handling this car…

Expect the rear end to sway out during braking. (needs more rear toe-in than usual)

Counter the sway on exit with a little more front toe-out.

The fronts will feel a little soft and you’ll notice the nose bounce up and down… especially on and off throttle… this is needed to keep the nose planted during cornering!

Mind your throttle, listen for wheel spin, get the grip early on… keep your inputs smooth, and she will respect you as a real racing driver!

A lot can be learned with this car, especially patience!

Mercedes AMG GT GT3 ’12

What can I say? This is definitely top 3! Well balanced tune for this particular track! Even though it seems like a nice flat track, its actually quite bumpy! When I ran this lap, I was shooting for 1:52.xxx When I crossed the line, I got confused, was I going for 1:52 and I was just really slow? So I watched the replay and to my amazement… the S.O.B. did 1:49.814 with plenty more room I’m sure!

The gears are set to top out at the end of the main straight! Very tall, low gears to minimize wheel slip while exiting corners! Very short, high gears to keep RPMs close to maximum horse power after 3rd gear!

If you feel the throttle is a bit sensitive, lower the LSD setting: initial torque… 1 point at a time until you find the throttle response matches your throttle application.

Have a great drive!

Peugeot RCZ Gr.B Rally Car

In this week’s event, Rally Hot-Lap was the name of the game!

We featured not one, not two… But all 10 rally cars available in Gran Turismo Sport.

After tuning these magnificent machines; somewhere in the middle… The Peugeot RCZ, was the one that stuck out! Also, congratulations to Dave Fisher at “Gran Turismo Sport: Tuning & Competitions” for winning this weeks event!

Car: Peugeot RCZ Gr.B Rally Car
Track: Colorado Springs
Hot-Lap: 1:25.381

The feel of the car is very light, agile but not too responsive! This car is tuned to drift! As long as you maintain the proper throttle application, to prevent the wheels from spinning any more than it should in the middle of a drift…

(This throttle application technique during mid drift, applies as much grip to the ground as possible, this drives the car in the direction the wheels are facing! Applying more throttle will spin the wheels too much for the tires to maintain grip, and you will slide to the outside of the track…)

Luckily for all wheel drive, the 45-55 Front/Rear Torque Distribution setup allows you to control the angle of your slide regardless how much or how little your drift needs to be on that particular corner!

If you know the track well, you can angle the car to face the exit before you even enter the corner without any counter-steering! This is called The All Wheel Drift technique! Zero Counter-Steering!

This is where the fun begins! She is very stable when she’s sideways! On a wheel, you can literally use two fingers to correct your cornering angle, (if you even need to) it’s that easy! On the DS4, you can just flick the stick while maintaining your throttle! Not full throttle… unless that’s your style! )

Enjoy everyone! This car has the potential to teach anyone to better their throttle control! You can really feel when the car is sliding sideways and when the wheel begins to grip, driving the momentum of the slide forward towards the direction you are facing!

Good luck everyone! Happy Racing!

Gran Turismo F1500T-A

Boy oh boy what a toy this is!

It is by far my favorite car in the game! Ladies and gentlemen, It is my pleasure to present to you, The F1500T-A.

Track: Suzuka Circuit
Time: 1:36.976
Tires: Racing Soft
Upgrades: 100/100

Suzuka is a track I know quite well, there is a certain rhythm that a driver needs to maintain… its not about how fast you can go, but how high you can keep your slowest speed up. 1 mph faster/slower can make a big difference especially through the rhythm sections!

In Suzuka, the key to the “Esses” is the first corner… if you mess that up, you’ve already messed up the entire section!

The F1500T-A is tuned specifically to dive into turn one. Brakes are really good too! The braking point is the green astroturf on the inside of the corner, just right before the rumble strips.

This car has a large turbo so of course you’ll experience turbo lag. But there is a trick to getting a turbo to spool just enough to eliminate the sudden burst of power at full boost!

1. Do not floor the throttle… apply just enough throttle to spool the turbo without spinning the wheels, this takes practice, you’ll really need to get well acquainted with the car.
2. Senna’s famous throttle technique.

If the Esses have been mastered, the rest of the track will be a breeze!

I recommend driving this in helmet cam!

This car uses a full manual transmission so if you’re using a paddle shifter, you must lift off the throttle when shifting while cornering. If not, you will experience what is called a “Shift-Lock”

Instead of applying a generous amount of THROTTLE to allow the gears to engage smoothly, you will engage the gears at FULL THROTTLE! On top of the Turbo!

Enjoy her everyone! Have a good drive!

Honda Civic Type R ’15

7:43.8 around the Nurburgring Nordschleife is a time only certain race cars can achieve… who would have thought, that this certain race car… was a Honda!?

Track: Willow Springs International Circuit – Streets of Willow
Time: 1:11.1
Tires: Racing Softs
Power: 136/87

Dave Fisher was the man to break 1:11.1’s but with my tune! This just comes to show the promise behind our tunes!

Now I know the track selection is not Nordschleife … but the idea behind our track selection was to see if the Civic can do more than just Nordschleife!

The winding corners of Streets of Willow really shined on the suspension telemetry of the car! As long as your input is not too aggressive, she’ll behave really well! Very stable on directional changes!

At full power, the front wheels will slip so mind your throttle control to ensure max grip on exits!

The trick to tuning FF cars is in the Weight Shift. Having the center dead weight of the car shift more towards the rear end, will influence the rear to want to swing out.

Stiffening the Rear Anti-Roll Bar and adjusting Rear Camber according to the track will help prevent the rear tires from sliding.

Even though the rear has a tendency to want to slide out, the rear tires are there to catch the weight shift!

What a joy it was tuning this! Enjoy the drive everyone!

KTM X-BOW R ’12

This tune in particular was tuned on the DS4. Please note, I’m horrible on the DS4! Which is actually a good thing in this case! If I can get this car to drive properly (as horrible of a driver I can be on the DS4) Then everyone else should be able to handle her no problem!

Lucky for us, I know a thing or two about tuning! It will take me forever and a day to explain everything but to simplify it, I actually got the damn thing to stick to the ground!

As long as your approach isn’t too fast, you will not experience any OVERsteer! If you have the tires planted mid corner, you can actually get on the throttle earlier! No OVERsteer through Power-Over

The balance is there, as in: even if the rear end of the car wants to swing out, the front end UNDERsteers to an amount that counters rear-end OVERsteer.

At the end of the day, this car, with this tune… In the Premium Sports Lounge Race 1 Event… Guaranteed Easy Win and easy money!

Track: Blue Moon Bay
Time: 1:46.289 (drafting)
Tires: Front: Race Soft Rear: Race Super Soft
Power: 115/91 Class: N300

Now make that money people!!! Enjoy the drive!

Nissan GT-R Gr.4

You can’t go wrong with the Gr.4 GT-R I mean who’ll say no to AWD?

Car: Nissan GT-R Gr.4
Track: Mount Panorama
Event Winner: Paul Smith
Time: 1:56.8
Tires: Racing Soft
Upgrades: Max/Min

What a combo this car is to this track! Attacking Hell’s corner with no fear of oversteer!

The tune feels light and agile! loads of grip when you least expect it!

Very easy, fun car to drive! I highly recommend a spin! See how close you can come to the winning hot-lap!

Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) ’11

A friend of mine gave me a challenge… Audi R18 TDI on Nordschleife under 7:30.000

Car: Audi R18 TDI
Track: Nurburgring Nordschleife
Time: 7:30.000
Upgrades: 100/100
Tires: Racing Softs

Kings of the Ring, you’ll love the way this car feels! It really sticks! The only thing slowing the car down will be the driver! Just how much can you push this car?

Tuning Le Man’s Prototype Cars requires driving comfort! In a 24H event, all drivers will race for 8 hours each! The ride must be as easy to drive as it is comfortable!

I tried to replicate such a feat and I must say, i’m very satisfied!

Those of you who are new to Nurburgring, practice with this car!

Ferrari F40 ’92

The Pure Bred Italian Stallion!

Car: Ferrari F40 ’92
Track: Nürburgring Nordschliefe 24H
Time: 8:04.005
Discipline: 135/90
Tires: Racing Super Softs

Tuner: Dave Fisher

I’m very impressed with how this car can handle, i expected to drive something that came from the 90’s.

This car feels very comfortable to drive! The turbo is so strong so mind your throttle control especially on exits!

Great fun car! Even better knowing its the F40! Without a Custom Transmission, remember the car has a manual transmission… you’ll need to lift when shifting and be very careful shifting mid corner!

McLaren F1 ’94

The first production car in the world to be $1,000,000.00

The engine bay gets so hot, that designers needed to use Gold as the firewall! Gold absorbs heat! (in the in car view, if you look behind, you can catch a glimpse of the Gold firewall!)

It also was once, the fastest production car…(Enter Jeremey Clarkson’s Famous Quote) With speeds well over 230 Miles Per Hour… Why wouldn’t Bruce McLaren named it the F1?

Car: McLaren F1 ’94
Time: 7:43.508
Discipline: 142/87

What can I say? I totally love this car! The car that made me want to be a car guy! I was only 13 years old when this car dropped on Need For Speed 2! And i didnt used any other car but this… (actually, I like the Italdesign Cala and the Ford Indigo… you guys remember those? Lol)

The car is tuned to drive on the racing line… Driving the track any other way may feel the car is slow! You can carry more speed through corners and have smoother exits, its just something to get used to.

Lamborghini Diablo GT ’02

When you mess with the bull, you’ll get the horns. When you mess with the Diablo, you get speed! And lots of it!

Car: Lamborghini Diablo GT ’02
Time: 8:10.
Disipline:

The first thing you’ll notice when driving this car is the weight. (Maybe because I drove the Ferrari first! Which I believe is 500lbs lighter than the Ferrari 458 Italia! (something like that lol)

But when you have her in a straight line… she is not shy of taking you to speeds! Speeds in access of 220 Miles Per Hour!

Question is… can you keep the pedal down?

BMW Z4 GT3 ’11

If there was a tune that was track specific to Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP this Z4 is probably close to it!

Car: BMW Z4 GT3 ’11
Track: Autodrome Lavo Maggiore – GP
Time: 1:46.951
Discipline: 136/92
Tires: Racing Super Soft
Event Winner: Paul Smith
Notes: Tuned with DS4, Tested with G29

Every race track has a specific line that must be taken in order to achieve the fastest lap.

I can tell if a car is tuned properly, versus a car that is tuned specifically to a track.

The car basically does the work for you, steer into the corner and the car will gracefully obey your every command!

This is a beautiful tune! A must have for learning this track with a high performance race car!

Raybrig NSX CONCEPT GT ’16

Thank You Polyphony Digital for our Gr.2 Race Cars!!!

Car: Raybrig NSX CONCEPT GT ’16
Track: Suzuka Circuit
Time: 1:48.753
Discipline: 131/85

Of the three Gr.2 cars available, I found that the NSX was the most challenging to drive due to it’s Mid-Ship Platform. Hence my reason of selection.

Tsukuba is a track I’m very familiar with and there is a specific line to driving the track. The key is on turn one, if you mess this up, you’ve messed the entire track up!

I’ve tuned the car to drive specifically on this racing line. If you’ll feel the car willing to turn into the corner, then you’re driving too slow. No need to adjust any of the settings, just push a little faster!

During a race, someone beat my time of 1:48.7 with a 1:48.6… Which of course, I had to take back and did so with 1:48.5 which placed me back on Pole.

But it was a sketchy run! I’m almost confident this car can go faster.

BMW M3 Sport Evolution ’89

I wasn’t expecting much out of the M3. But with this setup, its a fun drive!

Car: M3 Sport Evolution ’89
Track: Not Track Specific
Time: N/A
Discipline: 168:90

When tuning, I usually pick a track at random and tune it specifically for that track.

This time, I wanted to do something different. To focus on overall drivability!

First, I tested on Bathurst, then Nordschleife, then Tsukuba, then Lago.

I wouldn’t necessarily complete a lap, instead drive about 90% of the way and start over. Setting a time would mean I’d have to push faster… well… the idea behind this tune is for you to just drive the car. Not race it particularly.

Take it on a cruise on Nordschleife.

You see, I used to have a FC RX-7 ’90 back in high school… I was a kid and Tokyo Drift was in theaters, I got introduced to Initial D… I mean just sitting in my car felt real good! You know what I mean?

Well, I feel that this car is also special for you guys as well! Lots of memories! Good times and bad!

I hope this tune brings that nostalgia!

Enjoy the drive everyone! It’s why we became car guys!

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nür (R34) ‘02

The GT-R! Ever since its debut in 1989, it has been notorious for being simply bad-ass!

Car: Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nür (R34) ‘02

Track: Tokyo Expressway – East Inner Loop

Discipline: Max Power/Minimum Weight – Racing Super Soft Tires

Have you guys ever heard of “The Midnight Club”?

This group of 30 drivers race on a highway that doesn’t focus on technique like drifting or skill in circuit racing… These guys see who has the biggest testies… by flooring it! (Mind you… this is in the ‘90s)

The rules are simple;

•to get attention, your car must be capable of reaching speeds in excess of 160mph.
•to battle a fellow driver, the car must be capable of reaching speeds in excess of 200mph
•the driver MUST risk his own life for the safety of other cars!

yeah.. they try to avoid traffic at +200mph… CRAZY!!!

Too bad there is no traffic in the game!

Enjoy the drive everyone!

Dodge Viper Gr.4

When you think “American Muscle” which one comes to mind? Oh there are a lot to choose from… But under the Gr.4 Category… The Dodge Viper is a sure winner!

Car: Dodge Viper Gr.4
Track: Blue Moon Bay Speedway – Infield A

Time: 1:04.594

Discipline: 115/67

Max Aero is required here in order to maintain the higher speeds through the corners on this track!

Our rule, is 2 tires on tarmac when cutting. No lawn-mowers… and if you can hit the line just right… you will maintain a 1:04 pace!

How great to see you here. I haven't visited your page in 6 months, and glad you're doing GTS tunes now. I'm looking forward to trying them out. 👍
Thanks, I will hopefully have many different styles like drift and drag in the future just like before too.

Ford GT40 ‘ 06

To be fair, I wasn’t too interested in the GT40. When I saw Jeremy Clarkson try to get in and out of his, all the more reason!

But when you get behind the wheel of this beautiful iconic monster… You’ll see why he wanted one!

Power/Weight: 152/86
Time: 1:39.889
Track: Monza
Tires: Race Soft
Won by Paul Smith

3 things to keep note of when driving this car…

1. Naturally, the big booty will be heavy
  2. The engine is in the rear
  3. Lots and lots POWER!
These 3 things are important when tuning and handling this car…

Expect the rear end to sway out during braking. (needs more rear toe-in than usual)

Counter the sway on exit with a little more front toe-out.

The fronts will feel a little soft and you’ll notice the nose bounce up and down… especially on and off throttle… this is needed to keep the nose planted during cornering!

Mind your throttle, listen for wheel spin, get the grip early on… keep your inputs smooth, and she will respect you as a real racing driver!

A lot can be learned with this car, especially patience!

Hi @shmogt , this Ford is the best car in Monza, but I can not adjust the gears..... what is the method ???

thanks in advance for your reply

Hi @shmogt , this Ford is the best car in Monza, but I can not adjust the gears..... what is the method ???

Hi, I'm on of the admins for Gran Turismo Sport: Tuning and Competitions that held the event for this car. You have to set up the transmission as follows:

Final Gear: 3.360
Auto-Set: 217mph/350kmph
6th Gear: 0.878
New Final Gear: 2.813
Match Rest of Gears by the Decimal, not the Speed

1st 2.331 / 147
2nd 1.856 / 185
3rd 1.453 / 237
4th 1.177 / 292
5th 0.998 / 345
6th 0.878 / 420
Final 2.813
Top Speed (Auto Set) 217 mph (350 kmph)

Hi, I'm on of the admins for Gran Turismo Sport: Tuning and Competitions that held the event for this car. You have to set up the transmission as follows:

Final Gear: 3.360
Auto-Set: 217mph/350kmph
6th Gear: 0.878
New Final Gear: 2.813
Match Rest of Gears by the Decimal, not the Speed

1st 2.331 / 147
2nd 1.856 / 185
3rd 1.453 / 237
4th 1.177 / 292
5th 0.998 / 345
6th 0.878 / 420
Final 2.813
Top Speed (Auto Set) 217 mph (350 kmph)

Thank you, yes, these numbers should work for you.

Ford F-150 SVT Raptor ’11
(rally tune)

A Truck… My initial thoughts were simple… why? After a few rounds on Fisherman’s Ranch, I didn’t see the point behind why even having this truck in the game… but when you fully upgrade it … only then, does it truly become, a Raptor!

Car: Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
Track: Fisherman’s Ranch
Discipline: 168/70
Tuner: Dave Fisher

It took me a while to realize, this tune was on a controller, on the wheel, it felt lazy… but only because my inputs were not as aggressive as a controller.

Switching to an aggressive style of driving, this tune feels solid! Attack the corners when necessary!

The tune is very forgiving! When you learn the track, you can tell the tune is design to do just one thing! Hauling Ass!

The Transmission setup does look a little weird, but the idea behind it, is to provide as much torque over power through the tighter hairpins! It provides smoother delivery of torque to the wheels!

Back