• 74 comments

Subaru WRX STi Isle of Man Time Attack Car ’16

When you hear “Isle of Man” you know that it only means one thing… “FAST”

Car: WRX STI Isle of Man Time Attack Car ‘16
Track: Dragon Trail Gardens II
Discipline: 103/93
Tires: Racing Super Soft
Tuner: Paul Smith

Downforce is key when it comes to a track the requires high speed cornering!

The only question remains… How
fast are you willing to go?

You will not be disappointed by this car… consider it being track specific, it might not do so hot on other tracks… the gearing is setup to provide a proper balance between torque and power!

I have a race at monza, did you think that this setup works good on monza?

Ferrari F40 ’92

The Pure Bred Italian Stallion!

Car: Ferrari F40 ’92
Track: Nürburgring Nordschliefe 24H
Time: 8:04.005
Discipline: 135/90
Tires: Racing Super Softs

Tuner: Dave Fisher

I’m very impressed with how this car can handle, i expected to drive something that came from the 90’s.

This car feels very comfortable to drive! The turbo is so strong so mind your throttle control especially on exits!

Great fun car! Even better knowing its the F40! Without a Custom Transmission, remember the car has a manual transmission… you’ll need to lift when shifting and be very careful shifting mid corner!

Ferrari F40 ’92

The Pure Bred Italian Stallion!

Car: Ferrari F40 ’92
Track: Nürburgring Nordschliefe 24H
Time: 8:04.005
Discipline: 135/90

Tuner: Dave Fisher

I’m very impressed with how this car can handle, i expected to drive something that came from the 90’s.

This car feels very comfortable to drive! The turbo is so strong so mind your throttle control especially on exits!

Great fun car! Even better knowing its the F40! Without a Custom Transmission, remember the car has a manual transmission… you’ll need to lift when shifting and be very careful shifting mid corner!

I have a race at monza, did you think that this setup works good on monza?
I am gonna say, yes. However, give it a couple practice rounds first. You might be able to lower it and tighten up the suspension a little for that track because it is flatter for even better handling.

Volkswagen Beetle Gr.3

To be quite honest… its actually quite fun to drive!

Car: Beetle Gr.3

Track: Alsace – Village II

Discipline: 117/91

Tires: Race Hard

Time: 1:42.492

Tuner: Nicholas Wareham

Right off the bat, the transmission is properly tuned to distribute just the right amount torque to minimize exit wheel spin a possible!

The suspension system feels a little lose… which may actually be a good thing… it feels universal and may even be good on other tracks!

The only thing that would need changing is the final gear for more or less top speed, according to maximum speed the track would allow you to go!

Hi @shmogt, Glad to see you opened your GT Sport Garage, liked your tunes from GT6. Are you doing any drift tunes yet? I'll be checking out your tunes also. Welcome. :cheers:

Hello plz i need Peugeot vgt gr3 and volksvagen vgt gr3 max power only abs.
not many tuner to tune at max pp :( no 1 answer to my mails ether

Hi @shmogt, Glad to see you opened your GT Sport Garage, liked your tunes from GT6. Are you doing any drift tunes yet? I'll be checking out your tunes also. Welcome. :cheers:
Thanks! I will be making drift tunes, but I haven't had a ton of time to practise yet. Once I am equally as good as before is when I will release them.

Hello plz i need Peugeot vgt gr3 and volksvagen vgt gr3 max power only abs.
not many tuner to tune at max pp :( no 1 answer to my mails ether
I can't guarantee what tunes will come next, but hopefully we can make one in the future.

After a setup for Gr.4 jaguar if anyone has one. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Don't have one at the moment, sorry

Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4

When you think Ferrari, you’ll expect loads of torque! When you think 458, you’ll expect it to be one of the best Ferrari in its class!

But when you put one of our tuners behind the wheel of this stallion… you bet its going to be an amazing drive!

Car: Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4

Track: Suzuka Circuit

Discipline: 132/70

Tuner: Scott Nicholson

Quiet frankly, i did not expect this tune to behave this well! With all things considered with the 458, (Mid-engine V8, Rear Wheel Drive) I was expecting a very naughty rear end! It feels properly planted!

This tune will teach you experience how much you can push a car! There is so much unexpected traction from the rear, allowing you to put the pedal down sooner, quicker, harder!

It may take a few laps to get well acquainted with the tune! (ironically enough) It’s like riding a true stallion for the first time!

Enjoy the drive everyone! Thank you and congratulations Scott for a solid race tune!

Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4

When you think Ferrari, you’ll expect loads of torque! When you think 458, you’ll expect it to be one of the best Ferrari in its class!

But when you put one of our tuners behind the wheel of this stallion… you bet its going to be an amazing drive!

Car: Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4

Track: Suzuka Circuit

Discipline: 132/70

Tuner: Scott Nicholson

Quiet frankly, i did not expect this tune to behave this well! With all things considered with the 458, (Mid-engine V8, Rear Wheel Drive) I was expecting a very naughty rear end! It feels properly planted!

This tune will teach you experience how much you can push a car! There is so much unexpected traction from the rear, allowing you to put the pedal down sooner, quicker, harder!

It may take a few laps to get well acquainted with the tune! (ironically enough) It’s like riding a true stallion for the first time!

Enjoy the drive everyone! Thank you and congratulations Scott for a solid race tune!

I really liked your tune for this car. I been playing GT for years but GT Sport I think I liked the most out of all of them. But I can't create the tunes you need to be competitive. I'm also new to GT Planet but what a great site for someone like myself where I can find pretty much all the help I need. I have tried to make up my own tunes but it just doesn't work and theres no comparison on a track if you have the right setup. Other than the setups I found on this post do you have any others I can use?

Thanks for all of you help
garystevens64

I really liked your tune for this car. I been playing GT for years but GT Sport I think I liked the most out of all of them. But I can't create the tunes you need to be competitive. I'm also new to GT Planet but what a great site for someone like myself where I can find pretty much all the help I need. I have tried to make up my own tunes but it just doesn't work and theres no comparison on a track if you have the right setup. Other than the setups I found on this post do you have any others I can use?

Thanks for all of you help
garystevens64
Happy to help. All my tunes ever made are on my website Team Shmo, but all the specific GT Sport tunes are listed in this thread. However, more are being made all the time. Usually 1-2 every week.

Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3

Power to Weight Ratio is a key element to stay consistently fast! Small Car, High Power!

The 4C Gr.3 … WOW!!! This car is noticeably fast!

Car: Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3

Track: Kyoto Driving Park – Yamagiwa – Miyabi

Time: 2.06:834

Discipline: 140/90

Tuner: Mark Stevenson

This tune is very well planted! The suspension settings may look a bit stiff, but it works!

You can trust the car to have plenty of grip through the highspeed corners!

Be wary of throttle control on the hairpin exits, it may not necessarily be the cars problem of having a sensitive tail end on exit (raise front end if need be) but its also due to the camber on the track. (angled pavement)

Because of the power to weight ratio of this car, you can guarantee that the car will accelerate quicker than most Gr.3 Race Cars

Enjoy the drive everyone! Congratulations to Mark Stevenson, for one incredible lap!

Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport ‘16

If you know the line to this track well, you will maintain a consistent 1:48’s! When you watch your replay, it’s like the camera can’t catch up! This car is faaast!

Car: Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport ‘16

Track: Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow

Discipline: 130/73

As soon as you lift at 90 meters and turn in on turn one, you’ll immediately feel how much grip the front end has!

When you get comfortable with how much grip this car is willing to give, you can push harder!

The transmission feels like you can go a bit taller. (Adjust Final Gear ONLY) Remember that this is a time attack car and is design to accelerate from mid speed to top speed AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!

Enjoy the drive everyone! Congratulations Paul on this fantastic tune!

Mitsubishi Lancer Final Edition Gr.B Road Car

Calling a Group B Rally Car a Monster is one thing, Convert it to a Road Car and you have yourself a completely different Beast!

Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Final Edition Gr.B Road Car

Track: Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP

Time: 1:54.000

Discipline: 141:84

Tuner: Mike Pible

One thing to note, this car has no Aero! You cannot rely on the wings for more grip, good thing this car is ALL-WHEEL Drive!

You cannot change the torque split either… so you will solely rely on the LSD!

One Differential set up to be more sensitive than the other, trusting the torque will aid in cornering to obtain the quickest time possible!

Porsche 911 GT3 RS

When it comes to the world renown, Circuit de la Sarthe, what other manufacture is a better drive, than the Porsche 911 GT3 RS?

At first instance, you’ll feel almost no over-steer, matter off fact you’ll feel more understeer! But thats because you’re driving a different line!

The transmission is set to have absolute acceleration, there for prioritizes on the “slow in, fast out” technique!

With speeds well over 200 miles per hour, be mindful of the new braking points!

Enjoy the drive everyone and Congratulations Adam!

Ferrari Enzo '02

When you think of the name Enzo Ferrari, a few things come to mind! One of them is for certain, and that is FAST!

Car: Ferrari Enzo

Track: Tokyo Highway East Inner Loop

Time: 1:46.896

Tuner: Mark Stevenson

Discipline: 142 / 89

On Heavy Acceleration you’ll sense a bit if UNDERsteer! Learning to control the throttle is the key! Anyone will benefit from learning how to handle this car!

On braking, the rear becomes loose! The solution to this is either slide the brake bias forward or increase rear toe!

Enjoy the drive and congratulations Mark!

Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3

This one is tricky! Even just by looking at the transmission setup… but it totally works! How well you know the track and it’s little tricks will allow this Corvette C7 Gr.3 to behave and perform like a bat out of hell!

Car: Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3

Track: Blue Moon Bay Speedway – Infield A

Discipline: 126/84

Nothing more can be said about this tune! It handles beautifully! The transmission is tuned specifically to maintain maximum horse power output throughout each corner! Even on off throttle, RPM range is consistently on the top end!

Enjoy the drive everyone and congratulations Paul and yet another winning tune!

Aston Martin Vulcan

Aston Martin Vulcan. The name alone is enough to remind you that this car is not a toy. It means business and it means fast!

Car: Aston Martin Vulcan

Track: Autôdromo de Monza No Chicane

Hot Lap: 1:30.111

Discipline: 120/87

Tuner: Mike Pible

This car is one of the cars I’ve tuned to feature a fixed Limited Slip Differential.

This means, it requires for the driver to have a very sensitive throttle control. To feel when the wheels will slip (and they will slip) The driver must remain patient and apply only enough power through the corners, this doesn’t mean full power, just the maximum you can apply before the tires begin to slip.

There are no aero options as well so the tune heavily relies on “Rake” and the “Venturi Effect”

Venturi Effect = Air enters from underneath the sides of a car and flows out through the diffusers underneath the rear of the car… The motion of this air from the sides, Draws the air from the front like a vacuum or a suction “Venturi Effect”

Air entering from the side, pulling air from the nose to add even more downforce… but from under the car! lol

Trust me it works! Jeremy Clarkson doesn’t understand it, he just calls it magic! lol

Nissan Motul Autech GT-R Gr.2

One thing I love about Gr.2 Cars is how incredibly fast they can go! Just how much can you push the Gr.2 Motul Autech GT-R ‘16? Try this tune and find out!

Car: Nissan Motul Autech GT-R Gr.2

Track: Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP

Time: 1:36.520

Discipline: 129 / 88

Tires: Racig Super Soft

First initial sensation as you approach the final corner when the game give you control of the car, is how much grip the front end has!

It hooks really well!

As for the rear end… This tune was set with Traction Control! The LSD may need to be adjusted to accommodate for non TSC users!

Transmission may seem “short” but its designed for maximum acceleration throughout the entire track… even though there are 2 long straights, top speed isn’t a priority here, its how quickly you can get there!

Hi and thanks for the great setups you are providing. Just want to let you know that the link to the BMW M3 setup is broken. :)

Best, Jinx

I've noticed several of their set-ups are missing/dead links, and I think it's because they're in the paid tuning app

Hi and thanks for the great setups you are providing. Just want to let you know that the link to the BMW M3 setup is broken. :)

Best, Jinx
I saw that too and it should be fixed now.

I've noticed several of their set-ups are missing/dead links, and I think it's because they're in the paid tuning app
What other ones have problems? The only one I saw was that BMW, which is fixed now. Also, what do you mean they are in the paid tuning app? Any car listed in this thread is on the site, which can be viewed by anyone.

BMW M3 Sport Evolution ‘89

This car is actually one of the most requests tunes! Who can blame them? It’s an amazing ride! The M3 Sport Evo, once tunes properly, will never disappoint!

Car: BMW M3 Sport Evolution ‘89

Track: Nurburgring GP (general track tune found here)

Time: 3:04.686

Discipline: 168/90

Tuned By: Mark Stevenson

Brakes are perfect, a bit loose on the rear but its fairly planted non the less! Feel the LSD working in your favor as you can accelerate just a bit sooner delivering a quicker cornering-exit execution!

Adapting to the tune may require some skill, but you can bet, you’ll learn how she drives in no time!

Sauber Mercedes C9 ’89

This Silver Arrow is one of the most recognized Group C Race Car, not just by its design characteristics, but in its performance with achievements as grand as winning the LeMan’s 24h back in 1989! With speeds capable of reaching 248 miles per hour, you can guarantee the Sauber Mercedes C9, will be an enjoyable ride!

Car: Sauber Mercedes C9 ’89

Track: Circuit de Sainte-Croix – A

Time: 2:27.957

Discipline: 102/89

Tuner: Dub Howard

Its one thing to be fast with this car, you can shave 10th’s by knowing the track! St. Croix is a new track and driving it around a few laps will not cut it! Learning where the limit is by learning where you make mistakes. Yes the transmission is set up the way it is but some how works well with this track, I normally prefer a rather close ratio between the gears but maybe with a bit of tweaking here and there, i’m sure anyone can achieve this hot lap time! Enjoy the drive everyone! Congratulations Dub Howard!

Jaguar F-type Gr.3

The Jaguar F-type Gr.3 is one of the few cars that sit near the bottom of my car list. Not that there’s anything wrong with it, its just not my top car to use as time attack car. When I hear Jaguar, i think Luxury, but after a few laps with this tune, you can be sure it will be your best Bathurst Gr.3 Max Tune to date!

Car: Jaguar F-type Gr.3

Track: Mount Panorama

Time: 1:54.338

Discipline: 126/88

As soon as you take control of the car and initiate that final left before the main straight, immediately the car reveals its tune and how well planted it is! It will give you more confidence to attack the 1st left harder… Finding where traction is lost is a challenge because this car has so much grip! Acclimating to the tune won’t take long either, it pretty much depends on track knowledge and basic understanding of the racing line. Enjoy the drive everyone! Congratulations Nicholas!

Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 ‘12

Aston Martin, hearing the name alone means quality, comfort and guaranteed power! The Aston Martin V12 Vantage is a car worthy of a second look. But when you tune it for Gr.3 Class Racing, and you’ll keep wanting more!

Also, this car is very similar to the Jaguar F-type Gr.3. It would be pretty interesting to see which one is the faster car.

Car: Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 ‘12

Track: Alsace Village

Time: 1:43.191

Discipline: 133/88

Tires: Racing Soft

After extensive testing, even without Traction Control, this car handles very well! Alsace is a track known for its elevation changes and high banking elongated corners, stability and agility are the two main factors for tuning on the track, its a smooth flowing high speed track that requires plenty of Aero to keep the car planted to the ground!

Keep in mind that there aren’t a lot of long straights on this track, the gears need to be focused on acceleration, not so much for top speed, this is an Aston after all, you can bet it will have speed, just make sure it gets you there fast!

Back