Teens

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lamboracer
  • 66 comments
  • 2,855 views
i could understand why the dfp would be rated teen...:dunce:....

the wheel is pretty hard to move if you're 5 or something, but if you are that young you probably dont have the competancy to play gt4 seriously (yeah, and i dont have the competancy to spell it right....at least i think so, not sure on that word.)

umm yeah, and there is a warning on it for toddlers, because if they stuck their arms through the wheel and it turned, it could close on their arms or something and hurt them.
 
ANNOUNCEMENT!
as far as i remeber games arent rated untill completion? so perhaps the website in question has estimated on the conservative side?
 
or gt4 is completed and will be shipped next week. take your pick
 
Okay, I decided to do a lil research on this here... so accordin to ask.com...

IGN says that the ESRB rating is E (link)

gamespy says that its rating pending (link) but it also says the release date was janurary this year haha

In fact, most of the ones that came up under "gran turismo 4 esrb rating" came up as "Rating Pending" Maybe that one site was just wrong.
 
Wierd :sick:

Oh well, it's not our dicision. But that is strange. I'm gonna go with what everyone else is saying...the music.
 
only thing i can think of is maybe they think of are the lyrics to songs in the game.
Lol, u guys need help. Its gotta be the music. unless they have scantily clad women in gt4. or something. Maybe Because its online.. but some of those other reasons are kinda weird that u u guys came up w/ lol. :dunce:
 
Gabkicks
unless they have scantily clad women in gt4.

Well, that honestly seems to be more somthing like NFS would do, not the GT series. The GT series is about the cars and the racing, not barely covered breasts! 👎


MadduckUK
its irrelevant now.. it will be changed

Yes, this is true. I guess we'll truly know when they start doing the commercials on TV for it closer to the release date, like within a couple weeks of the release we should know for sure. :) 👍
 
hey, u never know... maybe they have a chick waving a flag or something.
 
When I think of ratings and then choosing the right one, "Super Smash Bros." comes to mind. While it's one of my favorite multiplayer games (especially Melee on GameCube), the game got an "E" rating, since even though there isn't serious cases of wanton violence like in "Mortal Kombat" or "Backyard Wrestling: Don't Try This at Home." When Melee came out, it got a "Teen" rating. So the game is more for people to realize that it's just a game and shouldn't promote fighting violence of any degree.

When it comes to music, a game I know that has a "I don't give a damn" style of music choice, it has to be "True Crime: Streets of L.A." bar none. The game is rated "Mature" for Blood and Gore, Mature Sexual Themes (even though the episode where you fight the strippers can be pretty fun, called "Cat Fight"), Strong Language, and Violence. There are quite a few songs in TC that feature lots of cursing. I just can't name any now. Anyhow, I'm sure PD won't come up with uncensored songs over in Japan, then translate with rough language. I'm also sure that the game won't feature anything like Insane Clown Posse or their boys, Twiztid, or any more of uncensored punk rock. I don't think there is at least one aspect of GT4 that will induce or reflect a Teen rating. You want a Teen-rated racer? Play "Pro Race Driver." Other than that, I don't buy the "Teen" thing for GT4. And I also don't buy the August 31st release date. It's probably Japan's release date, but not here, amigo.

Off-topic, nice Anime cutie in your Avatar, psonefreak.
 
That teen rating might be because GT4 has an online mode, thus requiring kids to be over 13 to sign-up and play. Much like when you registered for this message board or a yahoo or hotmail account, you need to check that you are 13 and over.

Sorry if this was covered in the thread already. it is 2:45am and I am too tired to read through it all. :crazy: :sick: :guilty:
 
Lamboracer
Ok first i want to say when i went to go make this thread i loved the little search box thing. Sweet. But i didnt bother to search this topic anyway.. Let me say thta i just saw the driving force pro for 91 dollars on gamepro. Ok and while i was there i was reading about gt4. Apparently its esrb?? rating is teen. WTF. It says that u have to be 13 years or older to play. Unless there is some violence or some thing shouldnt it be for E everyone?? Well thought i share some probably already know news. Oh and this just in

Gran Turismo 4 - [PS2]
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Price: $49.99
Genre: DRIVING
Release Date: August 31, 2004
related articles

How the hell can you believe that Rubbish.
In order for a game to be rated, surely it has to be completed and submitted for classification.
Quite obviously the game isnt finished.
Therefore can not be rated.

The site you got that from are talking nonsense.
 
I think that gt4 is rated teen because of the DFP's powerful force feedback....if your not able to deal with the vibration and pulling of the wheel (lets say if you were quite young) it could really pull your arm and maybe cause injury. I think that its right to give it a teen rating, you need a certian amount of muscle to cope with realistic steering......you don't see 10 year old driving real cars do you?! and if the DFP is ment to be sooo realistic then its just as vaild for it to be just as unsafe as the steering wheel of a real car (without the car ofcource!)

oh.....and besides, it aint finshed yet so it don't matter!
 
Maybe PD included the strip club or whatever on the Hong Kong circuit after all... ;)
 
T5-R
Maybe PD included the strip club or whatever on the Hong Kong circuit after all... ;)

Yes wasnt there shilouttes of naked girls on the signs?
 
It is probably rated teen because some wacko will think they can fly into a wall at 100mph and not suffer any ill effects.
It is abit stupid saying the game should be labeled teen because of the Logitech DFP. Not everyone has one. I don't, and I don't plan on getting one.

You think the strippers will run onto the track 'Grand Canyon' style!? :p
 
If you want women in bikinis and that either beat Def Jam Vendetta halfway through or buy SRS.
 
McLaren F1GTR
If you want women in bikinis and that either beat Def Jam Vendetta halfway through or buy SRS.

Don't tempt me! :) ......I really am starting to want SRS.....looks like its gonna be better than NFSU2
 
I think SRS is better than NFS:U2, Cus SRS have real makers bodykits, wings ect.. and it looks better!. I dont like NFS:U1 and U2, the bodykits are so :crazy:

Btw, anyone know if SRS will come to PC ?
 
My 8-year old not-niece had a whirl at GT3. She was crap.

JohnBM01
Off-topic, nice Anime cutie in your Avatar, psonefreak.

It's a cartoon twelve year old.
 
Gabkicks
hey, u never know... maybe they have a chick waving a flag or something.


Maybe, but I do doubt it... seems more of a NFS or Cruisin' somthing thing lol. I could be wrong, but I do doubt it. :crazy:

JohnBM01
Off-topic, nice Anime cutie in your Avatar, psonefreak.

Thanks :)

ExigeExcel
That teen rating might be because GT4 has an online mode, thus requiring kids to be over 13 to sign-up and play.

I'm doubting that too. That'd be the same as the DFP thing. If it was a forced online then yeah, which it might make a diff anyway since even though its optional its still there (like the music), but it probably shouldn't. Ya never know what all these crazy people that rate these things are gonna say ;)
 
Sony is the console for teens to 25+, look at the collections it has and the titles. I am sick of kids jumping into online games and either cheating or just being stupid or even doing nothing cause they are taking up places from them who actually want to participate. No offence to kids but some are just too immature which is what they should be, hell you're only young for a short time live it, you got hell of a long time to grow up.
 
First off, yes the game has to be finished before it can be rated, so whoever put that there, they were making an educated guess, secondly it's a guidline nothing more, if a 7 year old goes to buy GT4, no one will stop him. If it get the 13 rating (the circle with 13 in it), then it becomes more than a guidline, because you will be asked for ID if you don't look older than 13. As for kids going online, as far as GT4 is concerned, I'll be spending my first few weeks building a friendslist of decent and fair racers and spending most of my time racing thoes.
 
I searched on cd wow for GT4 just to see what they were saying and this is it,
Gran Turismo 4 - Playstation 2
Price: £31.99
Release/Despatch Date: Monday 1 Nov
Platform: Playstation 2
Encoding: PAL
Year Produced: 2004
Presentation: DVD - Plastic
No. Discs: 1

I didnt check any other site like this but im guessing they are all the same they didnt give it a rating, although GT4:P was rated 3+.

I think that all these release dates are a load of rubbish and also the rating will be the same a GT3 and GT4:P.

Im not sure what Ridge racer got as a rating but that has got scantely clad women roaming the tracks, it has done since the first game hasn't it?. Maybe PD made cusomizable girl friends that you can tinker with ( ;) wink wink), and at the end of each race she comes on and give you a smooch for earning more money for her to spend. :)
 
live4speed
because you will be asked for ID if you don't look older than 13.

How many 13 and 14 year olds have ID? I know there is driving permit for 15 and then drivers license for 16 and up, but those other two? Seriously asking that here, theres no official kinda ID that I know of for people that young except for like a birth certificate, at least in alabama lol.
 
I dont know, how do you verify your age at the cinema if your questioned? It's changed a lot since I was 13, it might depend on if theres an adult with the child who want's to buy it or not.
 
live4speed
I dont know, how do you verify your age at the cinema if your questioned? It's changed a lot since I was 13, it might depend on if theres an adult with the child who want's to buy it or not.


Yeah, a parent can make all the difference haha. I've not seen where they ask for ID at movies either unless its an R rated one, but its been a while since I was 13 too, 7 years haha. So I don't really remember what it was like back then.. but its changed a lot here too I'd think.
 
Back