Tell us about your Career...

• Thread starter Tom
  • 348 comments
K6j68fF.jpg

Spain was pretty sunny and I finished 1st (prime) / 2nd (prime) / 1st (option) in the qualifying sessions. I was hesitating which strategy to follow - 3 stops (option/prime/option) or 2 stops (prime/prime) but 2 stops just didn't look as if it'd work out.

There weren't any incidents and I managed to come out in 7th after the first stop, 2nd after the 2nd stop and retained the lead after my 3rd stop. One of the HRT tried to play bumpercars but ultimately only harmed his own race instead.

Even tho I paid a visit to the gravel trap 3 laps before the finish line I still managed to win by 2.5 seconds in front of Webber and another 10 in front of Räikkönen - losing 7 seconds during the last lap isn't pretty but it didn't hurt in the end. That makes 5 out of 5 and Monaco is coming up.

COTA- I manged to work my way up to 12th for qualifying, and stayed there for pretty much the whole race, a few overtakes on the drs straight here and there, a great battle with Roseberg the whole race. But managed to screw up my tyre strategy at the very end, and instead of slapping on a pair of new primes, I was put on a pair of used options. It took me out of 10th, to 16th place which took me close to 40 laps to manage that position, then screwed it all up. Ricciardo finished 7th somehow.

Lesson well learned, off to finish the season at Brazil.

Brazil

Qualified for 17th, Ricciardo for 18th. The objective is 15th or above. Didn't partake in Q2 to save tyres, and was within the timing the mid-tier drivers pulled off. Beginning of 2nd lap, manage to put myself at 11th. Felt Grosjean hit the back of me, saw him spin, taking Webber down with him in the infield.
Lap 7- Webber is in 13th, Grosjean is in front of me, position 10.
Lap 29- Webber spins, nearly take out my whole front wing, just a little bit, nothing big. Perez in front of me by 2 seconds, closing the gap. Take over him and my teammate, 12th position.
Pitted lap 37 for primes.
Spun on lap 61, pushed me back to 18th. Finished 18th. Season 1 over, beginning with Marusssia and finishing with TR, both as a number 2 driver.

New season starts as number 1 driver with HRT.

Team caterham

Difficulty: Medium

Season goal: finish over 18th

Finished 16th at albert park after drive through penalty and one trip in the sand.

Won malaysia as the rain messed the AI up completely.

This car is probably not quick enough to consistently score points throughout the season unless its driven flawlessly. So we shall see...china is next...

Last edited:
Have just started 2012, so as i'm new to using the wheel, i have all aids on (traction on medium) and drivers set to easy, plus i'm still dialing in the G27 constantly chaning settings., also not using Flashbacks.

My last few races were ok, I can't remember all the results, but

Silverstone: Qualified:2nd, Finished: 1st (RED BULL) Race was done with controller!
Canada: Qualified: 19th, Finished: 9th (RED BULL)
Texas: Qualified:11th, Finished: 11th (RED BULL)
Brazil (wet) Qualified: 24th, Finished: 11th (RED BULL)
Australia: Qualified: 18th, Finished: 10th (RED BULL)
Have singed contract with FERRARI

Currently in 9th for the season.

Next season i'll start taking aids off, then next i'll start upping the difficulity.

Having a ball so far.

Australia

Aids off
AI Legend
100% races

Qualified for 18th in Australia with HRT. Maldonado and Perez both DNF'd, had a great race the entire way with Glock and Piccalo, but they finished ahead of me, 14th and 15th, with me at 16th. Teammate Karthikeyan finished 20th. Season objective of 19th looking food so far, thanks to the DNF's

There are plenty of video's on youtube of people playing on legend difficulty and winning for Caterham and Marrusia. HRT might be a step too far though! ;)

Update:
(S3, Red Bull, 100% dist. Legend AI)

Monaco, Q:3rd, R:1st
Effected by bug during wet qualifying, the 2 Saubers set Dry times to seal the front row. Had 1st by turn 1 after the lights went out.

Canada, Q:24th, R:1st
Had some good fights on the way through the pack, did 1 less pitstop than the AI

Valencia, Q:8th, R:1st
Snore... What the race is STILL going?!

Silverstone, Q:2nd, R:1st
Qualified 2nd on the prime tyre. Had an excellent first stint trading fastest laps with Hamilton. Somehow I manged to get past Hamilton with the first round of stops even though he had fresh tyres after his stop, I manged to go quicker on the primes I qualified on and used for 20 laps??

Hockenheim, Q:1st, R:1st
I used to dislike this track in this game, but now I've figured out how to drive here, it was very easy the whole weekend

Hungary, Q:17th, R:1st

Spa, Q:18th, R:1st

Monza, Q:24th, R:1st
I pulled a 1 stopper here, started on the prime tyre and pitted on lap 29. After the AI's first stops, I took a slender lead over Vettel and had to push to the limit to hold the gap at 2 seconds on very old tyres. From lap 16 to 29 were like qualifying laps, but on old tyres, no DRS and with my teammate breathing down my neck.
After all the stops were done, I had a 3 second lead but now on options I stretched that out to 15 seconds by the finish, to lead home our first Red Bull 1-2 since I joined the team, and secured the Drivers Title for me.

Singapore, Q:18th, R:1st

I should really start doing more during qualifying..

Finally finished my 1st season with Marussia. 14th overall wich is not bad considering it was my first season while driving a car with almost no rear downforce and no KERS. No it's on to season 2 where i'll be replacing Bruno Senna.

I decided to start a second save file. I wanted to stay at 100% distance races.. but with my new team full distance was too boring, so only round 1 was 100%. After this I dropped to 25%.

Save File 2:
Season 1, Caterham F1 Team, Legend AI, 25% distance

Australia, Q:19th, R:16th (100% distance)
Qualifying went well, I was 2 seconds faster than my teammate Kovalainen, only 0.3s slower than the 'non-GP2' pace cars.
I got a flyer of a start, running in 9th for most of the first stint, before a general lack of speed caused me to slip back through the field.

Malaysia, Q:19th, R:5th
Qualified a predictable 19th again, this time 2.5s faster than Kovalainen.
I took advantage of every car sized gap I could find, by turn 4 I was overtaking Rosberg for 5th place! The car was gloriously slow in a straight line, so I had an ingenious solution of lifting off the throttle on the run to the final corner each lap to get DRS, reclaiming my position into the final corner then using DRS to hold 5th place down the front straight.

China, Q:17th, R:5th
Car seemed a bit better here, despite me forgetting to do the R&D in practice!
I was quick through the first few corners each lap, and even pulled off a good pass at turn 6 mid-race on Webber to take 5th place.

Bahrain, Q:19th, R:6th
The 'Trulli train effect' was strong in this one, except for the last few laps where I managed to pull out a small gap over Raikkonen and take the pressure off.

Spain, Q:19th, R:7th
I seemed to genuinely have some pace here, I closed in on and overtook both Red Bulls in the first stint. However after the pitstops for prime tyres, it took too long to get the new tyres up to temperature, Webber got through and I lost touch with the cars ahead.

Monaco, Q:2nd, R:1st
I really like this circuit in this game :D So much fun throwing and sliding the cars around between the barriers. Unfortunately my Q3 lap wasn't as good as Q2, so I missed out on pole position.
Lights out, with some help from KERS I flew off the line, driving around the outside of pole-sitter Button at turn 1. From there I was on my own, flying away to take Caterham's first win by 26.292s in just 20 laps.

4th in the championship after the win , but I know I won't finish this high up. 6th~8th seems achievable.

Most recent update for mine:

Current season: 2
Current team: Williams
Latest race: Valencia
Qualified: 13th
Finished: 3rd
My first career podium finish!
Since then, I've had a 4th at Silverstone, a 5th at Hockenheim, and got a contract offer to drive for McLaren, which is currently outperforming my team in the points.

Last edited:
I accepted the contract offer to drive for McLaren, and my results since then have been as follows:
Spa: Qualified 1st, Finished 1st
Monza: Qualified 3rd, Finished 3rd
Marina Bay: Qualified 1st, Finished 1st (only 5 cars finished that race)
Suzuka: Qualified 1st, Finished 1st
Yeongam: Qualified 17th, Finished 4th
Buddh: Qualified 11th, Finished 2nd
Yas Marina: Qualified 1st, Finished 2nd
COTA: Qualified 10th, Finished 3rd
Interlagos: Qualified 1st, Finished 2nd
WORLD CHAMPION!!

Last edited:
otakukid96
Now that I finished the season, I want to update you guys on how it ended.

Team: Toro Rosso
Aim: World Champion (Acheived at India)
Next Season Team: At least Lotus, but would love Red Bull (Achieved Red Bull)
Best Qualifying Position: 1st (15x)
Best Finishing Position: 1st (14x)
Drivers Championship Position: 1st (360 pts)

I think I may get off of easy, but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll just get rid of the rewinds.

What is the point of playing?
Whats the point in moving up to a better team now?

OK, this is my second season, which I've almost just started, and this is what it looks like.

Team: Ferrari.
Aims: To finish ahead of Alonso
Next Season Team: Hoping Red Bull.
Best Qualifying Position: 1st, Kuala Lumpur.
Best Finishing Position: 1st, Kuala Lumpur.
Drivers Championship Position: 4th.

braunracing88 what happened at marina bay?

Rain happened, suarez7. Nearly everyone got caught out on slicks. Even me. The only difference is, I was able to make it back to the pits by not driving like a maniac. Even after a slide down the escape road at Turn 7 and losing the lead, I regained it a few corners later when the cars that passed me for position crashed on the straight between turns 9 and 10. The safety car had to be deployed as a result and we only did 60 out of 61 laps due to time constraints.

That sounds like it would have been amazing fun!!

If you were one of the cars that finished, that is. As for my current season, it got off to a slow start, as I didn't get my first win of the season until Montreal. Further wins were added at Hockenheim, Marina Bay, Suzuka, Yas Marina, and COTA, the latest win being at my home track and clinching the Drivers' Championship for the second consecutive year.

Season 1:
Team: Force India
Aims: Win the title
Next Season Team: Red Bull Racing
Best Qualifying Position: 1 (x9) CHI, SPA, MON, CAN, GER, HUN, UAE, USA, BRA
Best Finishing Position: 1 (x10) CHI, MON, EUR, GER, HUN, ITA, KOR, IND, UAE, USA
Drivers Championship Position: 1st

Season 2:
Team: Red Bull Racing
Best Qualifying Position: 1 (x12)
Best Finishing Position: 1 (x12)

Season 3:
Best Qualifying Position: 1 (x15)
Best Finishing Position: 1 (x15)

Season 4:
Next Season Team: TBD, hopefully Lotus
Best Qualifying Position: 1 (1 race into the season)
Best Finishing Position: 1 (1 race into the season)

Team: Torro Rosso

Australian GP
First quali: 8th
Race result: 6th (tried a 2 stop strategy, worked)
Main race events.
• Held the lead for a bit
• got a penalty for colliding with Grosjean under braking
• had a 7 lap battle with team mate
• missed out on 5th by 0.6 seconds

Season 4 stats:

Team: McLaren
Drivers' Points Position: 1st
Constructors' Points Position: 1st
Wins: Sepang, Monaco, Gilles Villenueve, Silverstone (even after a first lap, first turn tangle with Schumacher), and Hockenheim.
Other finishes: 6th in Melbourne, 2nd at Shanghai, 3rd at Sakhir, 2nd or 3rd (I don't remember which spot) at Catalunya, and 3rd at Valencia.

Difficulty: Professional, mid-assists, 100% distance (yeah I'm crazy lol XD)
Team: Force India-Mercedes
Aims: To be on the top six on the championship table by the end of the season.
Next Season Team: Hopefully McLaren or Ferrari, or maybe even Lotus.
Best Qualifying Position: 1st, Dry - Malaysia; Dry - Canada.
Best Finishing Position: 1st, Dry - Malaysia; Dry - Monaco; Dry - Silverstone.
Drivers Championship Position: 2nd (103 pts.)

I have a question. I read on the Official Forums that the Mercedes team has the worst tyre wear on this game. Is this true ? If I get an offer from Mercedes (mid-season, after Germany - Hockenheim), then it would be better to remain with my current team instead of accepting the offer ?? Thanks in advance for the help.

I tried Marussia on my original save gamedata, but it was horrible on Professional. There were races in which I was among the top ten, until something happened by mid-race or by the end (especially pit-stops/strategies), which would drop me all the way back, and finishing 19th or worse was pretty common, so I restarted the game with a fresh save, and couldn't have been any better a decision lol XD! Force India is awesome.XD

Last edited:
The Merc is harder on the tyres (particularly the rear ones) than the other teams, keep in mind that if you accept the offer, you will be much more restricted in terms of race strategy.

Good Luck!

SkillZz

Brazil- Torro Rosso
Final quali: 5th
Final position 1st (first of the season, too)
Main events
Rain
Had a 2 lap battle with Vettel, he lost under braking going in to the first corner

Final season result: 5th overall.

The Merc is harder on the tyres (particularly the rear ones) than the other teams, keep in mind that if you accept the offer, you will be much more restricted in terms of race strategy.

Good Luck!

SkillZz

Thanks! I've decided to stick with Force India then! XD I won in Hungary, and now heading for the last nine races this season. I think beating Massa or Grosjean during the Rival Challenge will not give me any problems. Aiming to get the "In Demand..." trophy too. XD. For some reason, Racenet is not updating stats accurately, I don't know why.

Thanks for helping me, SkillZz.

Back