• Thread starter Tom
  • 348 comments

Tom

Voice of Gran Turismo
Premium
United Kingdom
Kent
tombrookscomms
Tell us what team you signed with, what your aims are for the season, which team you would like to drive for next season, best Qualifying position, best Finishing position and your Current position in the Drivers Championship.

Team: Caterham-Renault
Aims: To score minor points.
Next Season Team: Williams/Sauber
Best Qualifying Position: 17th, Wet. China.
Best Finishing Position: 12th, Dry. Malaysia.
Drivers Championship Position: 15th

Team: Caterham-Renault
Aims: 16th, seems to get higher everytime. I have to qualify 6th at the moment.
Next Season Team: Sauber is my preferred team, or Lotus.
Best Qualifying Position: 3rd, Wet. Malaysia.
Best Finishing Position: 2nd, Wet. Malaysia. Dry China. Dry Bahrein.
Drivers Championship Position: 4th.

I'm still waiting on a little break so I can get that first win.

I'm in the Williams, legend difficulty. Did the first two races, qualified 18th both times. Drove to 6th in Melbourne and 11th in a wet race in Malaysia. Got my setup right ready for another wet race in China when i get off work

Team: Caterham Renault
Aims: 18th
Next Season: Sauber
Best Qualifying: 18th
Best finish: 19th (after 1 race)

Certainly a challenge driving these minor teams, 3-4 seconds of the lead pace. Realistic though :P . Best I could manage in qualifying was a 1:31.6, as a comparison I drove a Mclaren to a 1:27.4 in 2 laps..

Difficulty: Legend, no aids
Team: Force India
Best Qualifying: 13th Catalunya (should have been 10th)
Best finish: 10th China and Bahrain (Yet to complete race at Catalunya hoping for a strong points finish 5-6th is realistic)
Next season: Hopefully Mclaren otherwise Lotus or Mercedes

This year the team mate challenge is significantly harder and so more rewarding when you out qualify him etc.

Team: Caterham Renault
Next season aim: Torro Rosso, Sauber, Lotus
Best qualifying: 21st
Best finish: 13th
Championship Position: 16th.

Team: Scuderia Toro Rosso
Aims: WDC, join McLaren Mercedes, make a backup of my saved game when I did.
Next Season Team: yet undecided
Best Qualifying Position: 1st (x5)
Best Finishing Position: 1st (x6)
Drivers Championship Position: 1st after 6 events

Team: Sahara Force India
Aims: To score as often and as much as I can, maybe I can be on top if I do well enough (yeah, thats what I mean. :sly:)
Next Season Team: I aim high, but Lotus would be a reasonable goal
Best Qualifying Position: 1st (x1)
Best Finishing Position: 12th :grumpy:
Drivers Championship Position: 13th (no points)

Team: Toro Rosso
Aim: World Champion
Next Season Team: At least Lotus, but would love Red Bull
Best Qualifying Position: 1st (9x)
Best Finishing Position: 1st (7x)
Drivers Championship Position: 1st (185 pts)

The last race I have completed as of this post is race 11. They need to stop giving me impossible goals. I had to purposely crash out of a few because it was too hard. Maybe I should stop playing on easy...

Team: Sahara Force India-Mercedes
Aims: Minor points and the odd podium
Next Season Team: 3 races into S1
Best Qualifying Position: 10th, Dry. China.
Best Finishing Position: 1st, Dry. Melbourne, Malaysia.
Drivers Championship Position: 1st - 68 points

I am changing the difficulty for the race but not Qualifying from Race 4 onwards.
Qualifying results - 18th, 17th and 10th
Race results - 1st, 1st and 2nd

Update on mine, I finished 5th at Catalunya, my best finish so far puts me 11th in the drivers championship with 12 points, next race is monaco so hopefully I can get a podium :)

EDIT: Just qualified on pole in Monaco with a 1:15.186 in the Force India :D

Last edited:
Aim: World Champion
Next Season Team: At least Lotus, but would love Red Bull
Best Qualifying Position: 1st (9x)
Best Finishing Position: 1st (7x)
Drivers Championship Position: 1st (185 pts)

The last race I have completed as of this post is race 11. They need to stop giving me impossible goals. I had to purposely crash out of a few because it was too hard. Maybe I should stop playing on easy...

Too hard, you almost won every race :lol: Yeah I think you're ready for Professional 👍

Team: Sahara Force India
Aim: This season, just to score regular points
Next Season Team: Hope to get Sauber or Lotus
Best Qualifying Position: 7th, Dry, China
Best Finishing Position: 1st, Dry, China
Current Championship Position: 4th (25 points)

First race was a shocker, was running well but then broke my front wing and had to make an unscheduled pit stop, then wore out my tyres too much, kept spinning out, had to pit again and finished 18th. Malaysia? Again running well, but had back luck by bring caught out on the wrong tyres during a period of heavy rain. Both races I was originally running in the points.

Last edited:
Now that I finished the season, I want to update you guys on how it ended.

Aim: World Champion (Acheived at India)
Next Season Team: At least Lotus, but would love Red Bull (Achieved Red Bull)
Best Qualifying Position: 1st (15x)
Best Finishing Position: 1st (14x)
Drivers Championship Position: 1st (360 pts)

I think I may get off of easy, but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll just get rid of the rewinds.

Team: Sahara Force India-Mercedes
Aim: To beat Paul Di Resta in the WDC.
Next Season Team: Some team like Sauber, Mercedes or Lotus.
Best Qualifying Position: 4th (Penalised to 24th)
Best Finishing Position: N/A
WDC Position: 13th

Team: Marussia F1 Team
Aim: To be best of "new" teams and to beat at least 1 established team driver.
Next Season Team: ANYTHING but Marussia or HRT!
Best Qualifying Position: 19th at every race so far
Best Finishing Position: 13th (I think, will check when home)
WDC Position: 18th (Same as above)

I have only done 4 races so far but unable to qualify outside of the window between newest teams and midfield. I then get good starts up to around 9th / 10th and try to defend as hard as possible for the remainder of the race! Enjoy seeing what I can exract from the car, and should benefit when I change team as a result.

Team: Mclaren
Aims: WDC, join McLaren Mercedes again
Next Season Team: Mclaren
Best Qualifying Position: 1st
Best Finishing Position: 1st
Drivers Championship Position: 1st after 1st season, now im racing with Lewis

Team: Williams
Aims: To finish 8th - 11th in the championship, ahead of my team mate
Next Season Team: Lotus or Mercedes
Best Qualifying position: 1st (China)
Best race finish: 23rd (haven't done the China race yet)
WDC Position: 24th

Scored my first points at Bahrain with 8th after running on the Primes then Options. Crapped out at Spain with 17th. Monaco race tomorrow, really loving the circuit so far which is odd as I've traditionally hated it. I've also had some really good pace there, got 10th in Qualifying! Very happy indeed, looking forward to the race. 👍

Running Legend AI, 100% distance

Team: Williams-Renault
Aims: Top 5 in championship.
Next Season Team: Havent thought about it yet
Best Qualifying Position: 12th, Dry, Malaysia. (18th in Aus, left til last minute in Q1, spun and hit a wall:censored:)
Best Finishing Position: 1st, Dry-Wet-Damp-Dry. Malaysia. (5th in Aus)
Drivers Championship Position: 2nd

Malaysia was an awesome race. When it was time to get off the slicks, I followed Murray Walker's advice and went straight to full wets. Half way around the outlap, the AI were all over the place on inters, and a 1.5 second gap blew out to 35s once the AI had pitted again.
I didn't have the ultimate pace, when it stopped raining, the gap shrunk til Schumacher and Button were right behind me, but with only the racing line being dry they had no chance to get past.
By the time the track was dry enough off-line for them to attack, I had enough fuel to run full rich to the end.

What a race at Monaco! Got up to 4th after the first corner, maintained it for two laps and then for whatever reason Button and Hamilton slowed (incident I presume) so I was up to 2nd which I maintained until my first pit-stop on Lap 6. After the stop, I was 12th and decided to put in some fast laps to try and hold on to a podium place which worked out as once everyone had pitted I was 3rd! Then, disaster as the heavens opened 4 laps from the finish but I held my nerve and some stiff competition from Webber to finish on the podium. Great result.

There is something about Monaco! Best qualifying of the season (as stated before, 19th at every race before) as I was with the back end of midfield. Outqualified Vergne for 18th by 1 hundreth of a second.

Decent start in the race and I held 11th after lap 1 in the dry. Game went a bit funny though as I had rain on screen from lap 4, but listened to engineer instead and rain "began" on lap 8 just as leaders had pitted. I stopped and put inters on, and I got a safety car on the second lap out. Was in 9th at this stage. Safety car came in, everyone on inters but I'm clearly faster at this stage. Before I can think about passing Maldonado, safety car is called out again after sector 1. Everyone pitted for full wets except me, and I'm now leading for Marussia! Tried to keep it on inters to the end, but ran out of grip and luck, and I needed to stop for wets and a new front wing, but still happy with 13th! Case of what could have been though if I'd been able to hold on for the last 3 laps... Good to be on pace when weather gets wet and on to Canada!

On the rain though, has anyone else seen this happen? It was raining around the whole circuit but track didn't get wet at all. Once engineer stated it was lightly raining, the physics caught up the graphics....

Update on my career. I restarted for no reason whatsoever. Did Australia, qualified 4th, finished 4th. I held on to 3rd until the last lap on the last straight. Button got the DRS and closed up just before we got to the line (he beat me by 1 thousandth of second)

Update on my career:
Difficulty: Legend AI, no driver aids, 100% distance
I have now had 3 consecutive wins, firstly at Monaco, then Canada and Valencia. Into second in the championship on 87 points just behind Button on 90 points :)

Update: Qualified 4th and finished 1st in China with a 7.4 second gap to Button in P2.
Now 1st in the drivers championship with 60 points, Button on 58

Professional AI, 50% distance

Team: Caterham
Next Season Team: Hoping for Sauber, failing that, williams
Best Qualifying Position: 7th (for some reason the AI is terrible at qualifying, though they outpace the caterham during the race 95% of the time)
Best Finishing Position: 2nd, as rain in Malaysia just barely didn't last long enough and Button had enough time in the dry to catch/pass me ;-;

Really enjoying career so far even though i'm only on Catalunya-hoping the mess that is qualifying gets back to normal soon (Raikkonen got knocked out in q1 in china, losing to the toro rossos -_-)

Update: After Monaco I had a torrid time at Canada. Not on the pace all weekend, qualified last and lucky to convert to 15th thanks to others losing wings etc.

Valencia last night was strange, Back to form again with another 19th in Qualifying, but only 2 tenths from 18th and the rest. Expected good race pace, but could only climb to 15th and a sub par pitstop dropped 3 places as I waited for them to leave the pitlane ahead of me, defending undone. Finished 18th, 20 seconds behind Ricciardo and 20 seconds ahead of Vergne (spin cost him a front wing early).

Home race next! Still no mid season offers, have others had any yet? If so, after what race?

Team: Caterham F1
Next Season Team: Not decided...
Best Qualifying Position: 15th, Rain ruined my run.
Best Finishing Position: 7th, just there at Bahrain, very very happy! :D

25% Distance, Professional AI

Considering professional AI after that race... Absolutely left for dead at Silverstone, didn't enjoy being 3 seconds a lap slower than HRT / Glock / Caterham, let alone the rest. Did everyone else struggle on this circuit more than the rest? I felt the car was set up just right so it could take the fastest corners just about flat out, really stable in the slow corners that start and end the lap, but my lap times seem to suggest otherwise....

EDIT: Stuck with same AI, now a Toro Rosso driver from the next race onwards. Best grid slot in Germany, 17th (finished Q1 6th!). Good end to Marussia stint.

Last edited:
Back