Tessellation car list

• Thread starter emula
  • 129 comments
I think GT6 models have more poly count but driveclub is better in all the other aspects like textures shaders lighting engine etc.

audi_r8_4_2_quattro__gran_turismo_6__by_vertualissimo-d7ccyxu.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I highly doubt it. Even these fully tessellated models in GT6 don't hold up nearly as well to close scrutiny as Driveclub's or Assetto Corsa's models do and I'm not even sure Driveclub has tessellation. Assetto Corsa does but I don't think Driveclub does.

With the full tessellation though, GT6's models are more than good enough for current gen so PD could literally port all the premiums in GT6 to GT7, and no one would notice as long as that tessellation is in full effect.

Taking PS2 models to PS3, or PS3 models to PS4 is somewhat ok. But PS2 models to PS4? Tsssss...

Somehow I think that the old PS2 models will just be left out though. First Kaz said that standard cars would be in, but later he said "we always have the archive" or something similar.

Well that's exactly how everyone should look at it though, as an archive. I actually think it's awesome. I hate the blacked out interiors, but I still don't see how anyone can say no to having every car that they drove in previous games (or almost every car)

If we lose the PS2 cars, think of all the great cars we lose. There's too many to even remember.

If they released GT5, GT6 or GT7 without the standard cars but then offered all 800 of them as a $10 DLC. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. It's hard to turn down 800 cars, many of which are great cars.

So seeing this post and now comparing it with what’s in GT:Sport is interesting.

For example the 2013 Ford Focus ST is in GT:Sport, it was only listed in the OP as 1 star yet it still made it to Sport. While some other 4 star tesselation cars didn’t make it (yet?).

With Kaz saying GT:Sport could have up to 500 cars eventually, could it be possible they first focussed on all the main brands and their modern cars so they could get a Gr.3 and Gr.4 for the FIA championship thing? And that the high quality premium cars from GT6 will follow later?

The tessellation appears to be implemented differently in Sport. I can't see any adaptive / progressive mesh stuff going on, only normal LoD switching, plus selected subdivision ("tessellation") in certain areas to smooth edges off. This is probably because the PS4's hardware is less flexible to this end than the Cell in the PS3 was.

That means the cars probably had to be re-structured to take that hardware difference into account. A real shame if I'm right.

Back