Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends

  • Thread starter Thread starter drivatar
  • 861 comments
  • 132,690 views
I got mine from coolshop, £32 delivered and its the UK version for PS3.
 
I'll wait for PSN to bring the price down or perhaps put it on PS+, but that might be a while. Or pick a used copy up from eBay (US) in a few months. Yay for PS3 games not being region-locked (at least mostly)
 
I got it in the mail the other day from GameFly. Played it for about 45 minutes and it went back today.
 
I got it in the mail the other day from GameFly. Played it for about 45 minutes and it went back today.

Was it that bad ? I wonder if the old System 3 Ferrari The Race Experience is better than this one.
 
No chance. People are way overplaying this whole "its bad" thing.

Is it realistic? No, is it fun? Hell yeah!
 
I've been eyeing this game for a while. I'll likely get it when the price drops a bit.
 
Was it that bad ? I wonder if the old System 3 Ferrari The Race Experience is better than this one.

Thanks for the reminder, I have that along with Supercar Challenge, never played them much then effectively put them to one side when GT5 came out. I should play those some more first, quite liked them although I remember them being kinda hard work to control.
 
Do you need an online pass for this game?

Because I'm thinking of picking this up second handed
 
no online pass required. Once I figured out my wheel issues this did turn out to be a fun game. I would recommend it for just a fun racing game. It's an arcade game though and not a sim so don't expect great physics.
 
I know it's been addressed previously but can we get some summaries of the learning curve? I've heard it's a little funky, to say the least.
 
Easy learning curve. I found it easier than shift 2. Only problem is car seems to "float" but it's easy to get used to quick since the car handling is consistent throughout the game.
 
gk5203
no online pass required. Once I figured out my wheel issues this did turn out to be a fun game. I would recommend it for just a fun racing game. It's an arcade game though and not a sim so don't expect great physics.

Thanks,after some steering wheel adjustments I enjoyed Shift 2 very much so I think this game will also hit the bill for me.
Just love the amazing sounds.
 
C6.R
Thanks,after some steering wheel adjustments I enjoyed Shift 2 very much so I think this game will also hit the bill for me.
Just love the amazing sounds.

I really appreciate even more how GT doesn't need all sorts of adjustments to make the game feel right.
 
2 very different games though. One is an arcade racer, one is a sim.
 
I enjoyed this game, got platinum on it yesterday. Hope same people are playing it online, hope to try same online racing.
 
Is this available for PC yet?

That's what I'm wondering. I could buy it for PS3 but it's a total faff getting my DFGT hooked up to it so I'd much rather have it on PC. Plus it should be a bit cheaper.
 
FahrerGott
Is this available for PC yet?

12th of September in North America
14th of September in Europe
 
I enjoyed this game, got platinum on it yesterday. Hope same people are playing it online, hope to try same online racing.

No one plays on line. It was like that two months ago and it's like nowadays when game is available even in UK. Weird thing. That's why I've stop playing, i was hoping to find some good clean races but it's racing desert. :ouch:
 
i think now that im seeing it cheeper I may purchase this game
 
HOw is the Ferrari F430? on this game?
 
i've tried the game and its decent but the physics only work with the classic cars because you would expect them to be more twitchy
 
HOw is the Ferrari F430? on this game?

Dull and sleepy. F360 is far more better and more fun.
 
Last edited:
458

Dull and sleepy. F360 is far more better and more fun.

no I dont wanna know about the 458 I wanted to know about the F430
 
:lol: My message was longer but I've ended with editing it.

F430 is kind of heavy car much slower in reaction than F360 which is better.

458 Italia is far worse that F430

F50, F40, F50 GT are superb cars 👍 And FXX is a beast.
 
Nice little review from InsideSimRacing. They seemed to really enjoy it.
 
Ehm... you sure about the enjoying it part?! :odd:

I lost my respect for them with this video. The review of the game itself is probably spot on but the way they are talking about SMS and Project CARS is some two-sided, unprofessional pseudojournalism. Look at his grin when he says "Shame on you, SMS!!" as if he didnt know better about how this game came to be what it is.
 
They actually do very decent reveiws
 
:lol: My message was longer but I've ended with editing it.

F430 is kind of heavy car much slower in reaction than F360 which is better.

458 Italia is far worse that F430

F50, F40, F50 GT are superb cars 👍 And FXX is a beast.

Thanks for the info
 
Ehm... you sure about the enjoying it part?! :odd:

I lost my respect for them with this video. The review of the game itself is probably spot on but the way they are talking about SMS and Project CARS is some two-sided, unprofessional pseudojournalism. Look at his grin when he says "Shame on you, SMS!!" as if he didnt know better about how this game came to be what it is.
They are just doing their jobs. They told us this game could have been a Masterpiece, they said graphic is amazing, and it is. They said there were lot of potential but SMS didn't finished it properly and we have an half ass product. Sound pretty much fair to me.
 
Back