Test Drive Unlimited 2 Beta

• Thread starter Context
  • 28 comments
GTP_Context
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else got accepted into the TDU2 Beta today. I thought it would be cool to race with someone from GTplanet.

There are videos of the beta being posted on YouTube for those interested by a few geniuses. However, I would not post them here as they will be removed by YT very quickly.

WHOA WHOA WHOA, this is way against the NDA I am fairly sure. You cant disclose whether you are in or not but my god thank you for the info. Off to my mailbox, I signed up on day one!

EDIT: Nothing, what platform are you on, I am for ps3.

Here is a PC version video:

Last edited:
I have a feeling that it's just PC at the moment and the consoles will be added within the next couple of days/weeks, most of the sites i've visited have said pretty much the same and the official TDU2 site is yet to be updated.

I also signed up (several times) as soon as it was announced, I really do hope we get in, the DFGT is due some action.:P

Any updates on whether PS3 users should have recieved e-mails yet?

As an avid TDU fan, I had started to become rather worried before I saw this thread (About the lack of an email from the devs). XD

Oh, what a shame. Looks like I'll have to wait until next fall then. I don't think my poor ol' PC could handle a game like TDU :/.

they could wait till 2012 to release TDU2. just as long as it is super polished with lots of great gameplay and great driving with efficient gaming performance.

As I recall PC users are the only ones who'll have an access to beta.

At first I was going to say you were wrong, but then I read further into the press release.

TDU2 Press Release
Closed beta testers have been selected based on their knowledge of the racing genre, passion for video games, and gaming system requirements. The closed beta testing phase is based on the PC version of the game. Atari is still reviewing and confirming users’ eligibility and will invite more testers to this elite group via email with a download location and instructions for the closed beta client. All closed beta testers must agree to a non-disclosure agreement and complete the full beta application process online.

Nice of them to inform us of this AFTER the application process. Typical Atari...:rolleyes:

At first I was going to say you were wrong, but then I read further into the press release.

Nice of them to inform us of this AFTER the application process. Typical Atari...:rolleyes:

Not to worry you'll still be eligible to receive junk mail from them:ouch:

No no no no....

You guys have it backwards. They have started the initial beta phase on PC. This means only a few hundred were in at the start with that number slowly growing. After a while with the PC beta running (I would say a few weeks) then we will or should be informed of the console beta starting. They cant just test PC because they could have console only faults...

Don't jump to conclusions people, wait until you hear official word of it not happening...

Here is a quote from the first paragraph of news on the main page:

TDU2's initial phase of closed beta testing for the PC version of the game has begun and an elite group of dedicated beta testers have been chosen to help ensure Test Drive Unlimited 2 delivers the ultimate blend of exhilaration, open-world racing and luxurious, fast-lane lifestyle living.

They need to get going on the Console Beta. I mean, the sole reason it was delayed was to execute the Betas. And it's a little over four months before the game is slated to be released. Should be a month for the beta and about two months to get all the bugs sorted out before it goes gold. They're gonna pull a PD, I suppose and work on it right up until the game goes gold. But, they need to be careful with that. And I assume there's going to be a closed and an open beta. ('Cause closed betas only provide limited information and releasing an Open Beta would bring in more data.)

Well, i haven't got picked for the PC beta yet, but i've heard that they've mainly selected people with "poorer" hardware, which i guess makes sense if they mainly want to guage performance on older systems (as then good performance would basically be a given on "better" systems). For once, having reasonable hardware has made me worse off :P

No no no no....

You guys have it backwards. They have started the initial beta phase on PC. This means only a few hundred were in at the start with that number slowly growing. After a while with the PC beta running (I would say a few weeks) then we will or should be informed of the console beta starting. They cant just test PC because they could have console only faults...

Don't jump to conclusions people, wait until you hear official word of it not happening...

Here is a quote from the first paragraph of news on the main page:

That's what I thought at first, but the official press release says otherwise:

TDU2 Press Release
Closed beta testers have been selected based on their knowledge of the racing genre, passion for video games, and gaming system requirements. The closed beta testing phase is based on the PC version of the game.

Hopefully it's just poor wording by Atari, but if it is true I suspect they'll be using an open beta for the consoles instead.

From what I can understand, the closed beta testing phase which is currently taking place is for only PC's. Notice the 'phase', I'm getting the impression this is the first of a few testing phases before the game is released. So, we may well get a Closed Beta for PS3 and Xbox, and/or a open beta.

That's my theory anyway.

Yay! I received my beta testing email today, but I hope the download speed can be faster :(

Back