Test Drives

• Thread starter Kosheen
  • 129 comments
hello guys. Im back from my birthday party. It was crazy but one of my friends did something with my computer so I had to get it fixed. Sorry for replying so late. :nervous:
So do I still get to choose a car??? :nervous:

Sure, it'll have to be for next week I'm afraid - the TVR T350C is already this week's car. Just put something like REQUEST and then the car and when Monday rolls around (no pun intended) I'll put that car as the one we use.

Kosheen

Here's my review on the TVR T350C:

----------------

After a quick mug of scalding tea, I headed out to the Trial Mountain track to see the T350C I would be driving today. Despite that I’m not TVR’s biggest fan, I think the T350C is a beautiful car – well, maybe not beautiful, but it seems menacing, as if to say “Go on, drive me, I dare you!”. And there’s another reason it exudes this air, and it isn’t because of the way it looks. It’s the fact that TVRs are renowned for being difficult to drive, and despite that this is meant to be the most ‘driver friendly’ TVR, I didn’t want to get my hopes up. There’s another thing too – TVRs don’t have traction control. This was going to be fun.

The T350C kicks out 349BHP, which is a vast amount for a reasonably small car. Also, it only weighs 1.187 tons, so cornering shouldn’t be hampered too much by weight. This means that our little TVR can get up to 160mph, and do 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds, which made me even more scared – all that power in such a small car can’t be a good thing. What’s more, mine was black, making it look like a demon of the night, which didn’t exactly settle my nerves. Anyway, I thought it best to accept my destiny and get my execution over with instead of playing it out for hours, so I got in (eventually – the lack of door handles made it more than difficult – there’s a button to press on the bottom of the side-mirrors instead) and started the engine.

It leapt off unbelievably quickly – I pushed the pedal to the floor and it shot forwards, slamming me back into the seat. I braked to turn into the first corner, and then turned and I got a pleasant surprise. I was still alive! It really was more driver-friendly! With this knowledge in mind, I really started to enjoy myself. By the end of my first lap, I had only spun off once (after having nearly hit a wall due to understeer and then accelerating a little too much as I came out), which I have to say is good for a TVR. I had five laps of fun, it has to be said, in the T350C, then decided that in my hands it wouldn’t go faster than 1’39.250. Pretty respectable for a car made in Blackpool I’d say.

So there you have it: a Russo-British hybrid which has power enough to tear apart the road and can go like a jet fighter. It carries a rather low price tag for a true sports car though - £38,500 will buy you this piece of frighteningly brilliant engineering. So I’d give it about 8/10, because it’ll go like stink, make a great sound, corner well, and have a good price for what it is – the only thing I could hate about it is that unless you drive carefully when going fast it’s very easy to spin out. All in all, a great car, and a great piece of engineering.

----------------

Provided Kiwi gets the car choice in soon (hint hint!) we'll get started with that on Monday. Otherwise, anyone else can suggest one and I'll keep them somewhere safe.

Kosheen

Nice one! now, next car could be something old.. ah, now I know! Old Corolla '86, mostly known as Trueno GT Apex AE86.. i bought one with 10 km on odometer, and boy, it was the funniest ride around Nurb for a while!

I'll make a note of it, and it can be the one after Kiwi's (providing he suggests one in time for Monday). I assume it's a Toyota?

Kosheen

After thinking about which car I should choose, I have chosen the Honda Odyssey. errr... Do you guys even want to do a review on this car or should I choose something else that is faster??? :cheers:

OK, starting Monday 17th October, the car will be the Honda Odyssey from 2003. The week after (Monday 24th October) the car will be the Toyota Corolla GT Apex from 1983.

Keep going with the TVR for now though :)

Kosheen

Kosheen...is it ok if i can also supply us with random reports....if so....i think i shasll do the HP tuned (tuner village)VW Golf R32....please tell me if this is ok...i enjoy supling good facts and having alittle fun along the way.

KiwiBoy
just want to make sure...am i suppose to do the review or is Kosheen going to do it for me?? :nervous:

i think the point of this thread is that everyone get to do their own little review.
seems like a good idea as we'll get many different perspectives on the same car.

Concept - That's exactly the idea, this way we get many different points of view on the same vehicle.

Team Williams - Was the tuned Golf R32 a request or is it just something you'll do yourself?

Kosheen

[COLOR=Blue]THE SUNDAY SPECIAL!!!![/COLOR]

I am always interested in a bargan car that is worth the $$$ and is good for what its worth. Espesially when they are in the Tuner Village. So i went with my 2,000,000 dollars and took the TVR T350C over there.Boy they had alot of cars.But only one of them really stood out to me. When i first saw it i thought..."What a joke"...but then when i saw the brembro brakes....the turbos,the racing exachust,and the 552bhp tag...i wasnt laughing anymore....i was staring at a 2004 HPA Motorsports Stage 11 R32 VW Golf!!! Price:31 grand!!!!! I just couldnt resist. So after the paper work and all that boring stuff.....i peeled out of that lot as fast as you can say "woe...that guy has a golf that can go super fast!!!" :drool:

10976290092004-Volkswagen-R32-.jpg

The car gave a excellent 1st imprestion to me. This car was super quick and had the perfect handeling. This was a super suprise also because it was an FF car. I thought that it would peel from the front if i pressed to hard. But it didnt....it was just fine and was very enjoyable.Now...i needed a race track that would be just right...actually more than one.....THREE!!!! One would be somewhat narrow,the next would be very wide and the last would be ver narrow. Desions....i hate them...i had enough money to travel with the VW all around the world. So into the world of GT4 i went.1st track was easy....Nur! Obviously...it would test the cars speed and brakes at the same time.Here is an outline of the track(sry im haveing trouble uploading pics of the car on the course...i will try later and if i cant...use your imagination).

nurburgring_nordschleife_165x168.gif

This was the perfect course. And what a perfect day i picked to came and race my car here......there were other cars there that were "racing" too. We ended up doing our own little race. I won. The car handeled wonderfully. It wasnt to twitchy and it exceleratred fast enough out of the turns so you could pass someone. I was very pleased with the car. One down fall was there are no color choices on the car...just silver(im big on color choice). But it was nice that the tires were very long lasting and there are still tune ups that are available on the car. This would be a great car on the 4hr Nur"...if you can get a reasonable group to race against....could almost do the Nur" 24hr :ill: :sly: . I was very pleased with this car and sadly it was time for me to leave. I was now off to.....High Speed Ring!! :dopey:

high_speed_ring_165x168.gif

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!!! :)

Nice pictures you have there...
but watch your spelling cause im seeing quite a lot of mistakes. Mostly the report was done well and provided us with a decent amount of info on the car. 👍

Edit: Also the car is actually a 4wd, not a FF. remember to change that :)

KiwiBoy
Edit: Also the car is actually a 4wd, not a FF. remember to change that :)

*AHEM* 4th gen Golf (TDi, VR6, R32) uses haldex centre diff, which sends torque to rear wheels only if wheelspin is detected, same for Audi TT and A3, since they're based on Golf's platform. Thus, they're mainly FWD, which explains nasty understeer at corners. And yes, that heavy 3,2l V6 has it's part in it too.

thank you for listening. :dopey:

This was going to be quite an interesting track. It has a good amount of turns...but also straights to test the cars speed 👍 . So i hopped into my pocket rocket and hit the pavement HARD!!! :sly: I was into turn one and immidiatly...i noticed the car had a great amount understeer. This was good and bad. I usually dont like cars that i have to turn ALOT.....but this was bad b/c i was exspecting it to have a vast anount of oversteer. That resulted me into sliding towards the wall :scared: . Of course with my great driving skills...i pulled a 360*(*=degree sign...just to inform you) and straightened the car onto the course :eek: . This was probably luck...but at that time...i was worried about denting the car...lol :lol:After 5 laps i thought that i better head over to my next and final track.....Cote D'Azur :ill:

cote_d_azur_165x168.gif

When i first got there....there was a F1 race going on. SHOOT!!! I totally forgot about it. Oh well. I could use the brake after the 3 hr drive. That really tired me out. Then I found out that the race had just started...that means i need a hotel. Luckly...the hotel behind the track had an open room...RIGHT BY THE TRACK!!!!! :) :) :) I was happy. I got a brake and i was able to get a full veiw of the course. I watched the cars and how they monuvered on the course. I used a piece of paper and marcked their ins and outs. The day was relaxing...the sea was beautiful and the air was crisp. It couldnt have been better.Tommorrow is was getting my chance to race the course.

8:30 a.m. It was go time. I got into the golf and did a few practice laps to get me warmed up...and awake :lol: ;) The car was quite gentle through the course and was very agile through the turns. I was impreesed indeed. So when i got my "racing face on" I shot out of the pits and there was a big roar. God i love this car. I was a king at the course and i followed every move that i marked down on the map yesterday and flew through the place. And something cought my eye....there were people in the stands. I was boggled :boggled:. Surely they werent there for me. I was right. That was what they did. They watch people drive their cars around this beautiful senic masterpiece and see race stars be born. Thats right. They sit there day after day and watch. Kinda funny. So after my ten laps....i headed to the pits. Later on a camera man cought up to me and brought m,e pictures of my car. Unfortunatly...i couldnt upload them to my computer. But it didnt matter. I have the pictures right over the fire place. So after that i sat and talked to the "camera man" and had lunch. He was just like me. His life was cars ....but i couldnt hang out with my "twin" any longer. I had a plane to catch. I did happen to catch some pics of the city before i left.

Cote%20d'azur.jpg

Exkursion%20Côte%20d'%20Azur%202002%20-%20Monaco%2015.JPG

nice_3.jpg

So after the flight home, I had mad my conclusion.

The car was a great car. It can handle turns and straight,narrow or wide. It has a great amount of horespower and was perfect for the handeling. This is car that is definatly worth buying and should be in every car fanatics garage...unless...u just total hate the last reports i have told you. The car also conserves fuel very well along with tyres. All in all its a 10/10... a 👍 👍 👍 . SO GO AND BUY IT STREET RIPPER LOVERS!!!!! ITS THE BOOM!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :) 👍 :crazy: :sly:

2003 Honda Odyssey Review

After getting the keys of the Odyessy from the Honda salesman.I had a look around the car. Low ride height, long wheelbase, projector headlights, cool dark purple paint...This car looked very nice. I decided to take the car to Trial Mountain. I chose this track cause the name was trial mt. and I was taking the car out to a trial. :) This car feels sluggish but not from it's handling but from it's acceleration. It has a 2.0l i-vtec engine that produces 155hp, and has a hefy weight of 1700kg(so don't think it can do burnouts), slow acceleration is expected from this car. About 12 seconds is needed for the car to go from 0 to 100km/h, not bad for a car with this horsepower and weight. But the fun doesn't end here!:mischievous: It is equipped with a 4wd drivetrain that can transfer the power well to the black top. The handling is where this car really shined. Easy to control and doesn't even feel heavy!👍 The car felt like a Acura Rsx-s but the steering is little mushy and felt indirect. It is a little on the understeer side but is mostly neutral. Vans were produced to be stable at high speeds so this one does too, felt planted at speed and this means moderate understeer but is not a big issue. The handling was even better that an e55 Amg at slow corners. The Amg would plow through the turn(because of weight about 1750kg) and the Odyssey would turn smoothly in and out. I know that comparing the Amg to the Odyssey is kind of unfair, but the Amg does understeer kinda bad.:( One day has passed by and the car had to be returned to the dealer. (They were kinda mad that I took their car out to the track and I was a little overtime). :dopey:

This is my review on the Honda Odyssey, hope you enjoy it. :)
(This is actually my first review after 3 months of being a Member of GTP and this is how I looked when I was driving the Odyssey::cool: ):dopey:

i dont have one and im savin up 4 some race cars...tryin to get all of them and im close....kosheen...wat will the next car be. i say........hummmmm.......how bought a race car.......or maybe just a tuner car like the Falken * Skyline...idk im throwing ideas out

(kosheen...maybe we need a list...lol)

Good idea Team Williams. Here it is:
Monday 17th Oct - Sunday 23rd Oct = Honda Odyssey 2003
Monday 24th Oct - Sunday 30th Oct = Toyota Corolla GT Apex 1983
Monday 31st Oct - Sunday 6th Nov = Falken Skyline 2004

Also Team Williams, the idea was to do it on arcade mode rather than GT, so there's no need to buy them - I'm fairly sure that all of the ones on the list (except maybe yours - I'll have to check that) are unlocked from the start.

Kosheen

I start reviewing some of the cars picked in the next cople of weeks or next month. Been busy with lots of stuff late not had time to fit a lot of stuff in at at all mates.

is it ok if I do a few reviews on my own of a few cars? cause i was going to do a few racecars, tuner cars and roadcars.

Back