Test Drives

• Thread starter Kosheen
  • 129 comments
Here is my review of my top GT Japanese. Race Cars....sorry i tryed typing it and i got deleted....i have to go now so ill do it later or tomorrow...sorry again if someone wants to do it for me i was testing the WOODONE Supra and tha FALKEN* Skyline GTR......that is if someone wants to do it :indiff: :indiff: :indiff:

Since it's Monday, it's time for a new review:

Until Sunday, choose two cars from the same group (eg hatchbacks, saloons, supercars, etc) and review them, deciding which is better.

Enjoy,

Kosheen

if its not to much to ask can i get involved
just give a few car names and over this week (school permiting) i will review a 1 or 2 of them.. i like this idea i was reading it and it looks fun. 👍

socomplayer2
if its not to much to ask can i get involved
just give a few car names and over this week (school permiting) i will review a 1 or 2 of them.. i like this idea i was reading it and it looks fun. 👍

Why don't you do a small group test of hot hatches?

VW Golf V GTI vs Honda Civic TypeR vs MINI Cooper S

That should make for interesting reading! Do include a lap time comparison too!

After a bit of a hiatus due to a lot of work (in which time this thread seems to have pretty much died), I will be aiming to do the comparison test in a few days. Work permitting that is :lol:

I've been thinking/working on a sub hot hatch comparison, with cars like the Lupo GTI, Mini Cooper and Peugeot 106 s16, at Autumn Ring Mini. It's about half done. Anyone care about such "slow" cars though? :indiff:

I think it'll be more interesting with slower cars - then we're not just looking at BHP and speed - it's also about economy and things like that. It will be nice to have a bit of variety.

Ok, I'll finish it then. Should I add a 0-400/0-1000 test? I was thinking about adding a run on the Nurburgring but it would probably be a bit too time-consuming (and boring, at least in some cars). I'll let that wait for a possible follow-up. 7 cars involved so I'll put it in a separate thread.

Ok another delay for my first test drive. Sorry about this guys, as soon as i try and get it spoken by audio. Or typed up I run out of time, hopfully i get one done before 15th Dec 05 mates.

Hope it works this time!

I've just started work on a peoject to find the best car on GT4 - I'll pick the best from every manufacturer, then possibly narrow it down to either categories or country, and choose the best from there.

Because I'm doing it on Arcade not GT mode (and forgot to turn on tyre wear and petrol usage, etc), I will use the following criteria:

Handling
Speed
Design

I will not use price because I will also be testing Le Mans cars, sports cars and those F1 things in Polyphony Digital, etc. Bear in mind that it's best car though, not best sports car or best value (thought I may sort them into those sections afterwards).

It has just occured to me that I haven't unlocked all the cars though :dunce: :ouch: , so I'll just do it for what I've unlocked at the moment and maybe edit it to put in other cars later.

Racers Of The Red Sun!
By: Team Williams

I, being a fast driver, am always up for test driving two cars that can drive at blinding speeds. If you thought that I was going to test grive the Bugatti veyron 16.4, normally you would be right, but now you are wrong. I'm more of driving fast on the track. So when I was asked to make a conclusion on the WOODONE Supra from Toyota and the Nissan Falken* Skyline GTR, I was speechless. So here is my test. (comment please when I finish)

db_DCP_28361.jpg

4313supra36-bDSC_0802.jpg

I love both cars. Both look nice, sound nice and even feel nice inside and out. The colors, the emblems everything is perfect on both cars. But i couldn't stare any longer, it was time to drive.

First I would start with WOODONE's Supra.(P.S: these might seem short but will cover the main pionts for now)Right when I hit the first Tun At Nuremburg Nordecafte i noticed that the car can get a little shacky at high speeds through turns. One thing that wasn't that impressive counting on that this car is world wide known for winning 24hr GT races. Suprising, but wouldnt matter. By the time I got over it, I was already at the hill climbs. That was good, and if you didn't catch what I said then I will tell you. The car is quick. It can reach impressive speeds. The car also handles very nice to for the double barred suspension.
I was also suprised by the brakes. I geuss those Brembros really do work!lol.
Over all the car was great. Ill tell you the ups and downs.

-fast 👍 :)
-good tyre wear 👍 :)
-brakes 👍 :)
-handeles well at times :indiff: :guilty:

-shakes 👎 :ouch:
-spins quiet easily :ouch: :dunce:
-fuel can be a problem :indiff: :ill:
-(i think)500,000(in career only) :guilty: :scared:

Over all its an 8.5/10

I quickly jumped out of the pits in the GTR. I was stuned at first by its quickness. Then I remembered that I was in a GTR now. I zipped in and out of the turns like there were no problems at all. It did get a little slugish at times but in the end, as you pull out of the apex, it will recover faster that you can say "wow". This car had some definning features from the engine. That inline six can really give a good jump and the fuel last quiet a bit as well. The tyres need to be a little stronger. You could maybe change to racing hrds or SH. I was finishing my run and gave it petle to the metal. Then talied the goods and bads.

-strong engine :) 👍 👍
-gas 👍 💡
-brakes :) :) :)
-handeling :) 👍
-NO SHACKING!! :) 👍 :lol: :cheers:

-tyres :grumpy:
-slugish at times
back bumper is short and somewhat distracting :guilty:

Otherwise it was great.....9/10

They were both terrific cars. If both took the flaus and fixed them....they would both be 10/10's. I do think that the Skyline is a little better.....but I really think it depends on the person/driver. If you like the Supra, buy the Supra. If you like the high back bumper, buy the GTR. If you like them both....either 1.)Buy both or 2.)chose one that will suit what you need to be accomplished. But if you're me and like speed and have money buy them both....that is on career mode tho. The GTR is not available on acade mode, only the supra is......but if you ask me , I would go with the GTR 👍 👍 👍

1109710857-gt4_falken_21.gif

lg-trophy_gold-250.gif

The trophy of the Racers Of The Red Sun goes to the Falken* Nissan Skyline GTR 👍 :) :cheers: :bowdown:

ALFA GT
TEAM WILLIAMS F1: Did you take into account the price difference, the falken costs 550,000 and the supra 1,350,000??

to both of you......i did take in the fact that they are similar but alot of cars in gran turismo have idntical specs but that does not mean that they are just as fast as eachother......and no i didnt think of the price of the supra b/c it is already unlocked in arcade mode and the falken is not.....thats y i listed the price of the falken and not the supra. :)

Hello :) I was wondering if someone could do a review of the Celica XX2800. I'd do it myself but I'm too busy to write a full review. Thanks

Back