TG Test Track "Reasonably Priced Car" Challenge #3... DEADLINE TOMORROW!

• Thread starter tyl0r_r
  • 75 comments
I use the braking markers for the last turn. I turn in just before the 2nd marker. Don't remember if I brake or not. But Its a lot easier to get it right by using that marker. The LAST turn, I just eyeball the apex, those are the 2 trickiest turns for sure. They suck

I feel sad how slow I am (good thing I chose this username), and it doens't help that I keep getting lost on the track :sly: The saddest part is that I am actually quite good at the FM3 cycled production races. Maybe I just need a different car.....or a wheel.

Ooooo, only just spotted this thread.

Think I am going to throw my hat in to the ring and give this a spin tonight.

Could you just clarify the deadline please? It says 15th December in the OP, so does that mean 23:59.59 tonight (i.e. By the 15th) or 23:59.59 tomorrow (by the end of the 15th).

Just wNt to know how much time I have got to play with.

Thanks.

Scara.

End of the 15th using GMT. Sorry I have had no electricity for 3 days so haven't been able to reply (or put in a decent run).

Congratulations to xe2bls and thank all of you for participating! I hope to see you all in competition number 2, as we now have a bit more horsepower in play.

Thanks again and good luck to all entrants in race #2!

First attempt in Peugeot, I need quite a bit of work
1:29.645. 1:28.882 Still Sixaxis Controller.

Last edited:
First attempts here for me also.

I'm in the low 1:30:xxx region...with a wheel.

I'm finding the first corner and Chicago quite tricky. I'm probably dropping a second or two there. I managed a 1:28:8xx once...but I spoiled it by cutting the follow-through by a whisker. I shall endeavour on!

Also, a hearty thank-you to the creator of this thread!

I did a 1:28:8xx without a spoil. Still there's room for improvement.
I think it's crutial to have a good speed at the start line (perfect line at Gambon) and also to exit the Hammerhead with maximum speed, even if you have to slow down more before entering it.

Cheers,
Q.

Ok guys. Gave this combo a 10 lap stint.

I will give you my sector 1 & 2 times for now as I want to work on this a bit more before the deadline.

S1 38.543
S2 22.878

These were taken from the data logger

Rules update: please set damage to "heavy". All runs done otherwise still count because the patch enabling damage is new.

Also my first run is a 1:29.158.
... and a 1.28.903 to follow it up! And there's definitely more to take off but I don't know if I'll be able.

Last edited:
was just about to give this a try when i found out i dont have TOP GEAR TEST TRACK in my practice mode??

either im extremely stupid and can't find it, or im level 24 aspec and level 24 b-spec, and have still not unlocked it?? lol.

can anyone help me out here?

i've golded all the top gear special events, and im almost 100% sure i've done a practice run on top gear track before, im starting to think its disapeared since the update, or i just can't for the life of me find it.

what heading is it under? (original, world, city etc)

yeah after a lot of stuffing around i went back and checked the first top gear challenge and for some reason my trophy is gone. update must have done something cause i KNOW i golded it lol it was the first special challenge i did.

had to redo it to unlock the bloody track lol.

after i did that i did a few laps in the 207 managed a 1:29.6

probally not gonna upload that as i know i can do better.

when i do submit a time do you want replay saves from the game as well as the ghost and a recorded replay?

I asked for everyone to just save their ghost replays the same as in WRS for verification but I am not quite as strict as WRS so really a photo of your clean time, a youtube of the replay, an uploaded ghost, pretty much any way you want to submit your lap for verification you can and I'll accept it. It is just to make sure we don't get some cheater making up lap times from thin air to win every contest.

I asked for everyone to just save their ghost replays the same as in WRS for verification but I am not quite as strict as WRS so really a photo of your clean time, a youtube of the replay, an uploaded ghost, pretty much any way you want to submit your lap for verification you can and I'll accept it. It is just to make sure we don't get some cheater making up lap times from thin air to win every contest.

yeah just trying to figure out the best way, if you save the ghost replay or normal replay from GT5 does it show weather you used aids or had any upgrades etc? i'd prefer a way to see this so we know if times are legit.

yeah just trying to figure out the best way, if you save the ghost replay or normal replay from GT5 does it show weather you used aids or had any upgrades etc? i'd prefer a way to see this so we know if times are legit.

This contest will go ahead according to the rules in the first post where I'll take anything but officially you are required to save your ghost replay. Starting next race (starting Jan. 1st) I will try to implement something to make extra sure that everything is legit and clean. I'm glad enough people have shown
interest to even have a third race (which there will be).

Right now I don't know what options allow us to see such details but I haven't checked yet either, so I will asap.

Edit: Further - If you don't place in the top three I'm not going to hunt down a replay from you, so you can submit all the times you want up to deadline without replays for each of them. It's just to validate the winners. That said, if you guys put your laps on YouTube I will collect the links and post them on the front page along with the race results so people can watch other people's laps for fun. That'd be nice for the archives. Hopefully PD will include some sort of YouTube integration eventually as it has been talked about by them before.

Last edited:
I've given it another go and I'm down to 1:28:923. I reckon a 1:28:7xx is possible for me if I can nail Chicago and the exit on Hammerhead.

My best so far after first session - 1:29.018 1:28.816

My first post christmas run has yielded a 1:28.440. Gained most of the time in the Hammerhead alone.

New time: 1:28.209

Attachments

• BCES00569-RPL001.zip
    247.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I'm in a hurry right now but I wanted to let everyone know that the results will not be posted until very late on January first or very early on the second. There will be a third competition as well but it won't be posted until this time either. New Year's partying is going to commence when I finish this post.

Happy New Year to everyone and thanks for your participation! The deadline still stands ;)

Submitting a 1:28.463

Will upload replay later when I have access to my laptop

EDIT: Replay added

Attachments

• scaramanga1973_TGRPC_Event2.zip
    247.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back