TH8rs shifter not being recognisedPS4 

Australia
Sydney
DJBLITKRIEG
Plugged into USB hub. Enabled H pattern, still nothing. Anyone else experiencing the same problem? Please dont suggest 'I plug it into the base' as I'm using a T500.

Plugged into USB hub. Enabled H pattern, still nothing. Anyone else experiencing the same problem? Please dont suggest 'I plug it into the base' as I'm using a T500.

Are you sure it is compatible with a PS4? It was originally for PC and PS3.

I can confirm that my TH8A now works fine.

Are you sure it is compatible with a PS4? It was originally for PC and PS3.

I can confirm that my TH8A now works fine.
People on AC official forums have confirmed T500+TH8A combo works fine. Which is good for me since I have preordered AC for my PS4 and will be using it with that combo :)

As a long time PC Assetto Corsa user, I also have insight why we are getting different comments: AC only supports H pattern and clutch with cars which actually have H pattern and clutch in real life. If you try running a modern paddle shifted 2 pedal car (e.g. Ferrari 458) it will only let you use paddles in game.

Try something older like the F40 to confirm H pattern works.

Yeah have the same issue here with a T300, T3PA Pro Pedals, and TH8A Shifter. I don't like the case to plug now two devises in my ps 4. I will need a USB switch vor my Stereo 2.0 Headset now too...

Is there an update planed to solve it like in Project cars just let it plugged in the wheel himself?

I've plugged my t500 into a hub. Works fine for both pcars and assetto (no?)..
Then I've plugged the th8a into a 2nd usb-hub, so that I've got a hub in each of the ps4's two usb-ports.

I believe what matters is to have the wheel and the shifter not connected to the same usb-port (-or hub going into same...)
Do I make sense with my poor english? :)

Last edited:
Why does everyone keep telling the OP about their TH8A shifter when he has quite clearly stated it is a TH8RS? It's an earlier model shifter for PC and PS3.

Why does everyone keep telling the OP about their TH8A shifter when he has quite clearly stated it is a TH8RS? It's an earlier model shifter for PC and PS3.
Because it is identical to a TH8A with USB cable attached, according to all information I've ever seen. And because Thrustmaster show support for PS4 AC in their support site:
https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/th8rs-en/

Although I guess it wouldn't hurt to check for firmware updates to the TH8RS, would it....

Close enough to give it a try anyway, was my thinking.
I though actually still got issues. Maybe you'll have to use the th8x ahead of the paddles to pull it through...
-anyhow kind of a bug the way I see it ...with my t500 & th8a
Still I like the game more and more as I get to know it. But if it turns out I can't use the th8x with the F40, it hardly makes any sense...

Edit: Well, got to say I still have got this issue. I don't recpgnize any systematic to when my shifter works and when it doesn't. Really takes too much focus from the experience. Pitty

Last edited:
Back