#ThankYouGTP 300/13 June 2015/Twin Ring Motegi SpeedwayOpen 

• Thread starter Eva
  • 110 comments
In the OP, you said the same thing. Is this different circumstances now? Hope so!!!
Not the best circumstances but for my long term health I've had to pick a treatment I'm having trouble dealing with emotionally.

While I have the time, I'd like to now formally thank everyone who has supported me in many ways of these past few months, especially this past week. The outpouring has been beyond what I would ever have imagined for myself and for it to happen here is special. I'd like to first thank @Clayton Hardy for getting the word out and keeping everyone up to date on what was going on when the time was slowly going by. I know I give you a lot of grief, but you earned a lot of trust from me, and I'm sure a lot of others thank you as well. I'd also like to pick @nascarfan1400 out of the crowd. The tributes he organized on short notice were about the only way of holding vigil, and it was greatly done, so thank you. There's plenty of others I need to thank, and instead of going verbatim on every single person, a simple group tag and a massive thank you I hope can put it in perspective.
@GTRacer22 @Smurfybug @GranTurismo916 @Silver Wing @Michelin @theformidlog @Korza @trobes29 @Whitetail @AudiMan2011 @hsv @The Stig Farmer @ildd @ToyGTone @AJHG1000 @vetteman24 @Ameer67 @BayneHamlin1121 @Cole Brown @JACKOLANTERN1 @socalspeedfreak @Mike458 @Clayton Hardy @KuniKino****a @BKGlover @Danny @catamount39 @Harsk100 @rcb929 @NW48 @MarchingSaint @DCybertron @Northstar @ULTRAVIOLENZZ @Niku Driver HC @Skython
If I've missed anyone at all, I sincerely apologize and thank you as well. Thanks to everyone for being a community. To update everyone on my condition, I should be out of the hospital tomorrow, not entirely sure when. For those not entirely sure on what even started this, Saturday night I was hit in an attempted home invasion. A guy was attempting to vandalize property, and I heard him outside. When he got through the door, I had a handgun ready and fired two shots at him as he swung a baseball bat and hit me in the left side of my neck. I apparently hit him once, but I was on the ground for a while, I believe the doctor said I had been unattended for up to an hour. I wasn't cut or anything, but an artery was ruptered and was internally bleeding badly. When medics got to me, I had no pulse and was unconscious. I was rushed to the nearest hospital and thrown into immediate surgery. I spent the following day in ICU being stabilized for my cancer removal operation where I was to have my ovaries, fallopian tubes, and uterus removed on Monday. That went on as planned and I've been consistently getting better. I'm no where near great, and despite some predictions, I will go on record and say it has been the most trying period of time I've ever been through in a very long time. Most of it's emotional or mental, but physically I'm getting there step by step. Can't exactly say I'm cancer free, I've got a couple of weeks of follow-ups and stitches to be removed before I know for sure on if that went to par, but right now, being alive and looking forward to future of racing with you guys for a bit longer is the best victory I could ask for. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all.
~Angel Porter​

Last edited:
I'm interested in this, but I'm not sure if I can make it. A of us from GTP are hoping for you to have a speedy recovery, both physically and emotionally!
It isn't so much about the race now.

@BRRT_Angel Great to see you're getting back on your feet after what you've been through because of cancer and then because of what happened on Saturday. I really can't wait to have someone as competitive as you back on the Mazdas and on Fun Runs so I can try to be as fast as I can just to keep up with you. Speed recovery Angel, can't wait to see that #7 back on the track leaving me in the dust hahahaha

It isn't so much about the race now.

And I thought that was easy to notice...

What I learned: DON'T MESS WITH ANGEL!!! But when a member of our tightly knit GTP community is hurt or is going through a rough patch, we will rally around them with support and heart as we did and will for you throughout all of this. As @Michelin said I cannot wait to see that #7 pass me and leave me in you tire tracks. I want to wish you a speedy recovery and to get well soon.

Glad to hear you are getting back to yourself. I heard everyone sigh a relief when we heard you were awake. You're a trooper, Angel. Cant wait to see you return with that notorious number and color scheme. #AngelWillRise

I don't know why, but when I heard that you were in the hospital with no pulse, it felt like a part of the community was ripped away. Almost everyone couldn't take it and left, but I stayed up all night wondering about your condition. It was a real shocker to all of us. I'm so glad to hear everything is going to turn out fine, and it will be a real pleasure to have you back racing with us. For now, health before racing, so I pray you recover quickly! :):):)

Saturday night, while going through this whole struggle, was simply an extraordinary night. Everyone was able to rally together and stuck with each other. @Clayton Hardy did an amazing job at keeping us all informed while he struggled to keep himself calm and together. I very much applaud him for that, and he has gained a lot (and I mean a lot) of respect from everyone here. It was just amazing how everyone, from all around the world, was able to interact and come together for a common cause of empathy. It was amazing to watch it all unfold while we prayed for Angel and hoped for the best. Nights like those are the nights that show me that humanity really is an amazing thing.

All of us here at GTPlanet are very thankful and glad that you are back, Angel, and I can't wait to compete on track with you soon. Here's to a speedy recovery and good health! :cheers:

Jacob

Last edited:
@BRRT_Angel I'm humbled by your mention. You and I may not know each other beyond the few direct exchanges in nas' NR2003 series, but I have learned enough to say that you are without a shadow of a doubt one of the strongest people I've had the honor of being acquainted with. @GTRacer22 forwarded what @Clayton Hardy had reported, and I extend a Thank You to both of you.

I wish I had more to say, as I wish there was something I could do, but I offer what little I can- support and well-wishes. Not worth anything, I know, but it's the best I can do for now. I also believe you have superseded being just a 'trooper', but I don't want to overstep my boundaries and cause problems.

On the lighter side, access tests pending I may be able to get involved in this. Once I know for certain, I will post notice.

I wish you a speedy and complete recovery from all of these walls you've conquered, and may all things go you way in the future.

-GTP Idiot-
Brian K. Glover.

I've never been active in the online community here so admittedly I've never had the pleasure to know much about you. But it's always sad to see a fellow GTP member go through struggles considering this place is much more than just a forum. I'm glad to see you've pulled through and hope that you have a speedy recovery.

:cheers:

@BRRT_Angel I'm humbled by your mention. You and I may not know each other beyond the few direct exchanges in nas' NR2003 series, but I have learned enough to say that you are without a shadow of a doubt one of the strongest people I've had the honor of being acquainted with. @GTRacer22 forwarded what @Clayton Hardy had reported, and I extend a Thank You to both of you.

I wish I had more to say, as I wish there was something I could do, but I offer what little I can- support and well-wishes. Not worth anything, I know, but it's the best I can do for now. I also believe you have superseded being just a 'trooper', but I don't want to overstep my boundaries and cause problems.

On the lighter side, access tests pending I may be able to get involved in this. Once I know for certain, I will post notice.

I wish you a speedy and complete recovery from all of these walls you've conquered, and may all things go you way in the future.

-GTP Idiot-
Brian K. Glover.
The path of information was more like:

@Clayton Hardy -> @nascarfan1400 -> Me

But still thank you. I am very glad I was able to help spread the information and contribute to this in a helpful way. :)

I'll be honest, I had no idea what was even happening Saturday night. I had my own problems at that time. Actually, I think that was a good thing for me. If I was completely aware of the situation with Angel I probably would have been in a worse condition that I already was. I know how that feeling is, waiting patiently and nervously to see if your loved one (friend or family) would survive. That's a feeling I've had before and I do not wish to ever have again. It wasn't until about midnight I actually got the full scope of the situation, but by then I was too tired from the blood loss and drugs to really feel anything. I shouldn't have to make excuses for myself but I feel it was quite rude of me to "play it off" last weekend.

Angel, I'm happy that you are able to recover from this and return to racing. I cannot explain why bad things happen to good people but we can't do anything but accept it and move on.

To everyone who was remotely involved with getting updates out, and those who stayed up all night on GT6 waiting for news, I commend you. If I was at home on GT6 I would've done the same. I'm happy to be a part of such a tight-knit community and I am thankful to have you all as friends. I'm sure you all would've done the same if it was me in that situation.

But this isn't about me, this is about Angel. This weekend in the GTPES I'll be running a black/pink helmet out of respect and thankfulness that she's still here with us to race another day.

Let's have a great weekend and God bless.

#AngelWillRise

I'll be honest, I had no idea what was even happening Saturday night. I had my own problems at that time. Actually, I think that was a good thing for me. If I was completely aware of the situation with Angel I probably would have been in a worse condition that I already was. I know how that feeling is, waiting patiently and nervously to see if your loved one (friend or family) would survive. That's a feeling I've had before and I do not wish to ever have again. It wasn't until about midnight I actually got the full scope of the situation, but by then I was too tired from the blood loss and drugs to really feel anything. I shouldn't have to make excuses for myself but I feel it was quite rude of me to "play it off" last weekend.

Angel, I'm happy that you are able to recover from this and return to racing. I cannot explain why bad things happen to good people but we can't do anything but accept it and move on.

To everyone who was remotely involved with getting updates out, and those who stayed up all night on GT6 waiting for news, I commend you. If I was at home on GT6 I would've done the same. I'm happy to be a part of such a tight-knit community and I am thankful to have you all as friends. I'm sure you all would've done the same if it was me in that situation.

But this isn't about me, this is about Angel. This weekend in the GTPES I'll be running a black/pink helmet with black overalls out of respect and thankfulness that she's still here with us to race another day.

#AngelWillRise
Thank you. I wasn't aware of your problems and AJHG's until my sister relayed that to me a few hours I was awake. It was overall a tough weekend. I'm glad you're doing better too. As for this race, if it goes on, I'll definitely be in DS3 mode for it.

But this isn't about me, this is about Angel. This weekend in the GTPES I'll be running a black/pink helmet out of respect and thankfulness that she's still here with us to race another day.

#AngelWillRise
That was beautiful. Couldn't have said it any better. :( 👍

Last edited:
Put me in Racing, although there's a small possibility I might not be able to come.

Back