That’s it. I’m officially in love with GT7.

• Thread starter PletdeKoe
  • 68 comments
I really have zero interest in starting my own "league", attracting and vetting new players, etc. and even less interest in going back to GTS for that purpose if GT7 doesn't work well in that respect at present.

Let me be clear.... I mentioned the reasons why I don't play PvP in GT7 in response to the claim that's it's all about ego. ....it's not. I don't care to compete against strangers or the reason previously mentioned, spend time to make enough GT7-specific friends to form a league, coordinate schedules and so on. I will say that I did find a couple groups I might be interested in (quite frankly ones that were composed of older folks like me) however, the times and some of the requirements just didn't work for me.

....so again, I would much prefer if the game had the option to play with a small group of friends with the rest of the field filled with AI to make the races more engaging for us. The idea being is that if one is us is better than the other at least everyone would still feel involved in the race. We could jsut get on whenever we had time, start a party chat and hae some fun (with friends joing if / when they get on). If that ever happens or not at some point, I'd be happy but for now, it's all SP for me and I'm satisfied with that.
Yeah the idea of topping up a lobby with AI would be great. I don't know if that's ever been a feature though

The game undoubtedly has some aspects deserving praise for their individual qualities, but the combined whole of GT7 is so weak. The saddest part is how easily fixable it is, but PD seemingly prefers to approach the game with restraint and indifference. It’s definitely one of the worst ever examples of a first-party studio wasting quality assets and great resources. All the ingredients for a masterpiece are there, but the development team celebrates mediocrity.

Yeah the idea of topping up a lobby with AI would be great. I don't know if that's ever been a feature though
....but even if not it doesn't mean it can't be done if there is enough support for it. I think it would be a cool feature too.

There is absolutely an overwhelming amount of positive (or at least neutral) discussion of GT7 in the subforum compared to negative discussion. It's pretty much par for the course of any GT release since at least GT5.

And in any case, why does that matter? If someone feels like GT7 is bad (and there are definitely some valid criticisms of the game that could create that feeling for an individual) and wants to make a post about it, as long as it all follows the rules, then they should be able to.

GTPlanet has always been a balanced representation, in large part because both positive and negative discussion is permitted to co-exist. More often than not, it's the users who legitimately cannot handle negative criticism about Gran Turismo, and choose to be nasty themselves in response that are an issue. I can most definitely tell you that those kinds of users very much outweigh the people who can't handle constant positivity about the series.

I'd also argue that having those negative discussion topics are good because they also paint a more balanced picture of the game, especially if the people levelling criticism are explaining why they take issue with something, and if those complaints are consistent among users. I've been on GTPlanet for a while, but I'm definitely grateful for its approach to moderation with positive/negative discussions. It helped me decide against buying a PS5 right away for GT7 given its problems currently (chiefly the game economy being geared towards MTXs).

The same can be said for people who have nothing but positives to say and deride valid negative criticism. Overwhelming, unbridled positivity, while it definitely feels nice, can be (and usually is) just as useless as overwhelming negativity if it has no substance to it.

Considering that, other than a few words being changed, the OP of this thread decided to use the same exact title structure of a similar thread that got a decent amount of attention earlier this week, in which pretty much the first half consisted of users trying to ridicule the OP of the aforementioned thread for airing their very valid issues with the game, it really isn't hard to see how some might assume this thread is bait.
Actually, I agree with what you're saying here mate; I think we're on the same page. Admittedly, I was under the impression that most of the sentiment here about GT7 was negative. I'll assume you're right then 'cause I couldn't be bothered tallying it all up and am happy to be wrong.

I was reacting partly of course to the assertion that it was clickbait. Maybe the member instinctively created the thread as a counter to the "negative" one? Don't know. Don't really care.

Cheers man. :cheers:

I've thought this for a long time mate. Agreed!

Different world has we been aware of, but same Gran Turismo of Sony Playstation (SCEA/scej/to Author SCEH) by Polyphony Digital

Does it still have the Suzuki car of 1000HP climb hiking

The game undoubtedly has some aspects deserving praise for their individual qualities, but the combined whole of GT7 is so weak
Opinions I guess... For me the game has some aspects which should really get some improvement, but the combined whole of GT7 is just fantastic.
Could be because I'm a bit more 'casual sim player' than others here, and ACC / Forza are actually much better and I don't know about it.

It’s definitely one of the worst ever examples of a first-party studio wasting quality assets and great resources.
Yeah that one however... GOW or TLOU are not the only games from Sony.
Knack / Destruction Derby / Killzone / are all Sony first party. Xbox also put out has quite a few of not so interesting games.

Last edited:
I've been playing GT Games since I was in my 20's. I missed quite a few years as life got in the way. In 2020 as Covid was interfering in our lives I picked it up again.
Initially just started doing the basics on GT Sport, and eventually dived in to online racing. As a 51 year old man now, and the competitive urges are still strong, but unable to really compete at the desired level in real life sport, online racing has given me a passion to pursue again. GT Sport provided me with so much more than competition it turned out. It gave me a new community with which to communicate with. It started with Youtube videos watching how to be quicker, and progressed to accepting friend requests and live chats.
I have met people, and made what I call friends thanks to GT Sport, and now with GT7 those friendships continue, and are ever expanding. We talk nightly through chat, written and spoken, people that I will never most likely meet face to face, but I know so much about them thanks to this game.
The best thing is the simplicity to get in and race, I only have maybe 2 hours an evening to play, but I don't have to worry mostly about set ups, I can race on an even keel with those around me, it scratches an itch that few other racing games are able to do, and I have tried a few since discovering this new passion.
To a few, GT7 is not perfect, but it is still a fantastic game overall, that will get even better with time. As with most things in life, expectation can sometimes cloud reality. So much was expected of GT7 after GT Sport, that the reality of what was released did not meet peoples desires. However for some of us it allows us to continue exploring a new passion that was completely unexpected 3 years ago. I view GT7 as an improvement, that escalated once I got a PS5, and I continue to push to be the best I can be, regardless of where I sit in the overall scheme of things. I know I will never be the fastest or the best, but I love the competitiveness that it brings to my life.

Ever since GT7 came out there was something mesmerizing about it. It was a looker. The reflections on the car, the smoothness, the HDR. Then came the skies, my god the skies. I have never been struck by the sun in a videogame as much as with GT7. Piercing through some thick clouds during the morning, or late in the evening coloring everything with a subtle pink glow. Even the dashbord in my car is affected by the light of the setting sun.

Then the cars, oh my the cars. They are a handfull, but once you get to know them and tinker with the setup you can have a lifetime of enjoyment in simply putting these cars on one of the so many tracks. There are so many of them that sometimes you “rediscover” a track and then are totally engrossed in that track again. It is amazing.

There are flaws, but I can’t keep my eyes of gt7. The good stuff is simply to good. And keeps on getting better with every new bit added.

Love you Gt7.
Oh so perfectly put!

It really is amazing.. & the options, soooo nice.. I get so wrapped up with buying & tuning cars (99 at current count) that at times I forget not only how many cars I have but how badass some of these cars really are.. smh.. & then to take them out and cut loose either o/l or off/l.. Again, the options.. it's mind blowing.. LoL.. I too absolutely love this game & was going to create a thread pertaining to this exact subject, but @PletdeKoe beat me to it.. cheers my friend!.. GT7 will only get better.. I have faith..

PS: the best thing is, & I mean the best thing is, the ability to get in the car of your choice and just drive!

NW.

Last edited:
I've got to say, since playing on PS5, it's like a different game. For me, it's about watching replays. The difference in sounds between my old PS4 Slim and my PS5, it's totally different.
When during down Catalunya's front straight, the sound just echoes between the grandstand and pit wall. Then, opens up once clearing that zone. Incredible.

The Sun's glare on the cars is ridiculous. It's in another world to PS4. I also notice during the race screen, I see different parts of the tracks I didn't get when using the PS4. Close ups of pit lane gear, different vantage points when taking race pictures, inner wheel reflections, all that cool visual stuff.

The Dual Sense is cool. Still getting used to it. I'm enjoying the game.

Back