That's it. I'm now officially done with GT7

• Thread starter mattikake
  • 237 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
30 minutes into our last Gr3 GT7 endurance championship and the hosts game crashes, dumping us all out. It's too late to restart the race and no-one wanted to anyway. The admin red flagged the race and ended the series. It's been beset by lag, jitter, game crashes, blue screens and player initialisation bugs. Each race invariably took 30 mins or more to actually get going.

It's been by far the most pathetic "gaming" experience I can remember. I wish I had attempted the refund when others did.

All other communities i'm in still race on GTS so there is simply no point in being part of
this scam any longer.

Goodbye Gran-Turd 7 hello F1 2022, GTS and (god help us) AC2 when it comes out. From the deepest depths of my heart I hope the FIA screw PD royally.

This is the footage of the straw that broke my back:

(Btw racing line and braking markers are on because I don't know the track and GT7 wasn't motivating me to practice)

[Much] L8ers

Last edited:
0ub431p54q071.jpg

30 minutes into our last Gr3 GT7 endurance championship and the hosts game crashes, dumping us all out. It's too late to restart the race and no-one wanted to anyway. The admin red flagged the race and ended the series. It's been beset by lag, jitter, game crashes, blue screens and player initialisation bugs. Each race invariably took 30 mins or more to actually get going.

It's been by far the most pathetic "gaming" experience I can remember. I wish I had attempted the refund when others did.

All other communities i'm in still race on GTS so there is simply no point in being part of
this scam any longer.

Goodbye Gran-Turd 7 hello F1 2022, GTS and (god help us) AC2 when it comes out. From the deepest depths of my heart I hope the FIA screw PD royally.

[Much] L8ers

Attachments

• 2ED8A457-9FF8-41A8-9264-4B4563940DB4.gif
    2ED8A457-9FF8-41A8-9264-4B4563940DB4.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 26

this scam any longer.

[Much] L8ers
Imo valid feedback. Good job on respecting your time. Maybe they will fix GT7 one day.

No reason to poke fun at every farewell rant. This one seems justified.
Sure there is, if we feel like it.
There is no reason to create a post like that here in the first place when you think about it, justified or not.
Know your audience.
What do you expect when you make a post like that to a group of people who are obviously here because we play the game and care enough about it to join and be active on a forum that discusses said game in great detail on a daily basis?
Is the expectation that more of us to just agree and say “yeah I think I’ll quit too!” after seeing his post?

What do you expect when you make a post like that to a group of people who are obviously here because we play the game and care enough about it to join and be active on a forum that discusses said game in great detail on a daily basis?
Playing the game and caring enough to discuss it regularly doesn’t mean you become incapable of understanding someone who’s fed up with frustration. The game has issues, and this obviously becomes increasingly apparent the more you play it.
Is the expectation that more of us to just agree and say “yeah I think I’ll quit too!” after seeing his post?
No idea, but you don’t have to respond.

The game has issues, and this obviously becomes increasingly apparent the more you play it.
And I think this is also the reason a lot of people are ridiculing OP - issues with the lobbies are well known. The answer has always been that you should avoid GT7 for leagues, just use GT Sport until PD fixes the lobbies. If someone chooses to use the lobbies knowing that they're one of the most unstable parts of the game, they do so knowing that there is a very good chance of issues arising. When people take that risk and then complain online when things go wrong, they should expect that not all ears are going to be sympathetic.

I am mainly a single player here so those crappy lobbies don't really bother me as much. Now, that said, if this was a game that I would be into multiplayer and it gave me the issues that I've heard everyone, and OP, mentioning, i would think that it would be justified for me to be livid as well.

No idea, but you don’t have to respond.
No one does, yourself included. Yet here we all are, sharing our feelings and opinions as if the others reading them actually care enough to let it affect them, their opinions or decisions.
One can only realistically expect sarcasm or even some negativity in response to a post like he did.

There is no benefit or positive outcome by making a post like he did. No need to make a scene by throwing a tantrum when all you have to do is just stop playing a game you no longer enjoy. It doesn’t affect any of us, we don’t need to know every time someone stops playing a game for awhile because they’re upset.

I think there's some value in threads like this. They're not particularly pleasant or insightful, but it does add quantity to the voices of displeasure. If you run a small studio like PD with limited resources, it makes sense to prioritise fixing issues that are the most talked about, and that get the most attention. Keeping silent about issues just because they are "widely known" serves to justify the glacial pace and misplaced focus of PD, in my opinion.

That is, assuming PD are semi competent developers who are even mildly interested in fixing the dumpster fire that is GT7.

I don't enjoy GT7 much at all. But I keep investing in it, doing my daily workouts, keeping a healthy bank balance, in hopes that one day it can live up to its potential and deliver on the promises made by its developers. As such, I will voice my displeasure about the game, because I want it to be better. Those that silently drop the game and move on don't do the game any favours. Is that really what is preferable?

If you run a small studio like PD with limited resources, it makes sense to prioritise fixing issues that are the most talked about, and that get the most attention.
No it doesnt make sense.
Online forums are not a represantation of how a game is played but already have a certian bias towards some kind of gamestyle or particular type of content.
Imagine if this was a GT7 fan-competitive forum and "only" the games singleplayer parts would be in whatever unplayable state, there would hardly be anyone complaining on here but maybe around 80% of all players would be affected (generously speaking if 20% never touched any AI races).

They have 300 staff and are a first party developer funded by Sony. Neither of those things are even remotely true.

Out of curiosity, where do you think PD is directing their resources? Genuinely curious to your’s, and other people’s thoughts.

A non-answer is not going to be considered.

Back