The 102km/h Jimny look-a-like Hengrun HSR1 EV.

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 6 comments
Australia
Australia
https://www.motoring.com.au/has-the-suzuki-jimny-just-gone-electric-130359/
hengrun-hrs1-103.jpg
hengrun-hrs1-102.jpg
hengrun-hrs1-106.jpg

If its sub $10k usd and it has 300km range then that's all most people need for a daily. I'd go as far as to say I've never driven more than 300km/h in one go in my daily petrol SUV.

Sure the top speed isnt good but I would imagine 60mph is a electronic limit and we have a 110km/h limit in this country.

Definitely true here. The speed around town is 30-60km/h anyway. A run to the airport is 80-100km/h. Including my round trips to work, school runs and shops, I'll do 100kms in a week.
My building's garage isn't set up for EVs, but a charger is just down the block. If I could charge at work, that'd be even better.

Anyway, people here scooping up MGs at a rapid pace. This would be a hot sell.

outside the scope of this thread but in Aust. there seems to be a conspiracy or 'collusion' to keep transaction prices of cars high... if ya wanna buy a new car then you better have $25,000 for anything half way decent.

There's cars like this:

But we're a global pauper that takes all the dregs.

Also Aust. has a 'housing crisis' of a style that US and Canadians can only have nightmares about.

How does an avg. house price of $1,000,000 aud grab ya?

I live in a modest 2 bed unit w/ garage that is $500,000. How does $20/hr before tax grab ya?

Then we have terrible energy policy based on coal and gas.

Then we have little ability to provide any charging facilities for high to medium density.

The only people who can benefit from EV is people who have freehold houses w/ solar panels and then you can buy a $65,000 base Tesla model 3.

It all changed when consumers stopped buying the micro cars. Hyundai said they weren't going to make any cars Under $20,000 any longer(well, offer to Oz).
Mazda moved upscale. Polos are expensive. I think a Fabia is just under $20,000(last time I checked).

There's no conspiracy. It's the people that bought new cars. The masses doomed the low price cars. If people kept buying micro cars, we'd probably get those low priced models.

Back