The '13 driver transfer discussion/speculation thread op updated 16/10

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 2,521 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maldonado will need a stellar season next year if he is to win over his numerous critics, and Lotus themselves will get what they (didn't) pay for - although it will be impossible to compare (since there will be new regulations and new cars), I'd almost be willing to bet that neither of the Lotus drivers next season will come close to reproducing the consistency and brilliance of Kimi Raikkonen.

And Hulkenberg and Sutil are to swap places? Can't say that either move fills me with much enthusiasm, as it's a sideways move for both IMO.

BXzaAKCCEAAoR4y.jpg:large

Lotus wants to stay afloat. And it is possible that the dynamic duo could score some good points for them next season. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out, crash and burn or not.

Lotus wants to stay afloat. And it is possible that the dynamic duo could score some good points for them next season. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out, crash and burn or not.

I feel Grosjean has far better self control over his anger than Maldanado. I have no real worries about Romain at this moment, but Pastor seems to always be a ticking time bomb, especially when the car isn't the way he thinks it should be though his team mate is beating him.

And in past performances his behavior seems to get worse with a more competitive car. As much as I don't like the guy, he's shown some real pace. I'm looking forward to seeing how he deals with being behind the wheel of a (possibly) competitive car the 2nd time around.

They were saying in the Sky coverage that since Grosjean became a father, he has matured massively and that was when he started pumping in those amazing drives at the end of the season.He appears to have kicked out the craziness we saw last year.

Would you rather see Maldonado in a Lotus next year or Hulkenberg moving to a team that goes bust within 4 races? This was their only option really, but remember that Maldonado has won a race, and has produced great drives in other races as well, he isn't a terrible driver, but I along with the rest of you am sad that Hulkenberg didn't get the drive.

I'd be willing to say Grosjean has already done that in the second half of this season.
He just needed the win and it would have been equal to Kimi I think. I just wish Kimi ran the last two races so we could see how well it stacked in the end since Kimi finished 5th and Grosjean 7th but...

Grosjean has been great this season, in comparison to 2012. He is proving that he can compete at the top.

Maldonado on the other hand, needs to prove that next season, and shut up the critics (me, I think he is a calamity and has no place in f1) but If he performs well at my favourite team then I will take back my opinion.

Then he still needs to prove he can do it across a whole season.

Maybe, but I think he's probably the best of the non-World Champion drivers on the grid at the moment. Swings and roundabouts with Hulkenburg maybe, but he's right up there. There's nothing odd about keeping a driver of his skill.

Maldonado on the other hand, it's still a toss up whether you come out in the black through his speed and sponsorship, or in the red through his penchant for throwing his car at the wall.

Hard to read the end to Lotus' season... since Kimi was dumping them and they were free to put their support solely behind Grosjean. But I do think Romain's driving has improved massively, and I hold high hopes for him next season.

As for Pastor, we will see it when we see it. He'll either prove himself or crash and burn.

Or, for entertainment's sake, both. Who knows? Lotus might be banking on more sponsor money simply from the exposure... :D

Hard to read the end to Lotus' season... since Kimi was dumping them and they were free to put their support solely behind Grosjean. But I do think Romain's driving has improved massively, and I hold high hopes for him next season.

As for Pastor, we will see it when we see it. He'll either prove himself or crash and burn.

Or, for entertainment's sake, both. Who knows? Lotus might be banking on more sponsor money simply from the exposure... :D

Do they have an insurance group as one of their sponsors? That would seem relevant (they're probably going to need it!) and amusing. :D

The insurance company premiums would probably be bigger than the team's entire budget. :D

Does anyone know who supplies Lotus their carbon fiber? I'd like to make an investment.💡

Does anyone know who supplies Lotus their carbon fiber? I'd like to make an investment.💡

Thought it was in-house, they save money and the carbon fiber guys only have to walk a halls distance to chew out the person who did it. :sly:

That's a bit of a shame. They seemed to have a reasonably competent car at times this year so I hope he can do well next year, but he really deserves his shot.

Well seeing as Hulk already knows how the team works, it shouldn't be too hard to come up to speed and help them with next years runner more so than say Calado or a super brand new driver.

Yeah, but people don't seem to care. I posted something similar a few months back saying the same thing, and it was ignored.

The simple fact of the matter is that I'm too busy right now for anything other than sporadic posting and since I do 99% of my posting from my phone now, it would have been too time consuming to gather all the information. If you felt so strongly about it, you could have gone ahead and made the thread yourself.

Anyway, someone else has went ahead and done it now.

The simple fact of the matter is that I'm too busy right now for anything other than sporadic posting and since I do 99% of my posting from my phone now, it would have been too time consuming to gather all the information. If you felt so strongly about it, you could have gone ahead and made the thread yourself.

Anyway, someone else has went ahead and done it now.
If I had done it, it also would have been ignored. Remember, people here hate me for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back