The 16 cars one corner tandem event

• Thread starter GODfreyGT5
  • 85 comments
FRAG-ME-CG
Greetings fellow drifters.

Earlier today, I had an idea for an awesome event I could run for an hour or so tonight, without needing a great amount of time to organise it.

The plan:

To create a private lobby, with a full 16 car grid of average + drifters from GTP.

After a short warm-up session we will begin the race and head to the back straight. We will then slowly speed up, then (hopefully) tandem the entire back corner as one whole group :D

This will take a few tries, but as long as the drifters are above average, It shouldn't be too hard.

The event will be followed up by a relaxed drift room, just for GTPers.

The replay will then be saved, and I will take an image, which I can then photoshop to feature everyone's names next to their car.

I will be using my BMW 135i, please try to keep all cars within drifting speed of a similar range.

To enter, post a message saying:

PSN NAME:------
Tandem experience:------
Car you are likely to use:-------

Those (unknown by me) that have not signed up will be kicked.

Chris​

Last edited:
I Try to come
PSN NAME: eddyac
Tandem experience: I can get very close if I Want :D
Car you are likely to use: 135i , M3 coupe

Awesome bud.

The event is in 2 and a half hours from now, makes it easier to work out than time zones.

PSN NAME: deenie-bee
Tandem experience: I'm basically the best tandem drifter on GT5 (promise)
Car you are likely to use: 350Z

Just a heads up, I know what you'll be visualising which is probably the same as me (amazing, same angle, train) but I should imagine there will be a lot of crashing and people not at the same angle.

PSN NAME: manciocio
Tandem experience: im very bad at tandeming :/
Car you are likely to use: Z34

I guess i cant say no to something like this^^ sounds too epic. Just hope that everyone who participates can hold a good line... And eddy is a beast btw... Just sayin' lol

That's why I asked for high level drifters in similar cars. We wont be able to be on each other's doors, but we should quite easily be able to all follow the same line.

Is there a possibility of a few tandem backwards entry runs as I was doing consistent ones the other day in the first corner.

I like this:

PSN NAME: ZSPaulus
Tandem experience: Can lead fine, following is no problem, but keeping up is sometimes..
Car you are likely to use: Standard 240SX S14 '96 (not that fast though)

But I cant help but think that it will be quite hard to get all 16 cars to do a tandem round that corner at the same time and also would be quite hard to take a picture of that?

The picture isn't a problem, as long as we're vaguely close.

After a few tries we will get into the flow, and work out what grid order we need to be in. With a bit of space, there would be a car on every part of the corner, which would also look epic.

There is space on that corner for at lest 40 car lengths, so sideways there will be more than enough.

PSN NAME: monsterGAUZ
Tandem experience: Alot of both, leading and following
Car you are likely to use: Nissan 300ZX

You know Dreams Doesn't count? :lol:

Honest I am the besterist tandemer ever.

20110128203738!Trollface.png

Duman, Haze and Gauz all threw in the towel before we even began recording. Which did turn out awesome by the way.

Duman, Haze and Gauz all threw in the towel before we even began recording. Which did turn out awesome by the way.

Tbh i understand why they did though because I was starting to get furstrated with people hitting each other as well...

Back