The 20 million credit question

United States
United States
2 questions, actually.

1. Is credit cap 20 million? I seem to be capped there. Bummer if it is because I planned to accumulate so much more! I also hate the thought of having zero credits when I purchase a 20 mil ride.

Which leads to question 2...

2. Which of the 20 million dollar models would you say is best to clear the Nostalgic 1979 event? I read hat a couple aren't that expensive but also that they are long shots to win I'll probably collect them all eventually, knowing me, but for now I want to put gold cups on the races. It's my only remaining event in the pro section.

Yes it is capped, which I also find super annoying. I spent all 20 million on the Ferrari 330, it did the job well. I have hundreds of days of the daily roulette and all the course experience etc and have never won anything worth more than 3 million credits, so my only real option was to give in and buy something.

You cannot save the game unless you're connected to the online server to prevent cheating but you also can't have more than 20 million credits in your account. It is one of those design decisions I really can't understand, the best way of banking money is buying cars with a high resale value, I have about 15 Shelby Cobra's in my garage, if I need money I can sell some.

You cannot save the game unless you're connected to the online server to prevent cheating but you also can't have more than 20 million credits in your account. It is one of those design decisions I really can't understand, the best way of banking money is buying cars with a high resale value, I have about 15 Shelby Cobra's in my garage, if I need money I can sell some.

I'm not following how saving offline would be cheating.

I'm not following how saving offline would be cheating.
I assumed online only saves were there to keep track of your money and stop people modifying their game save, I think that's why Dirt does the same. My point is that the game can account for every penny in your account yet caps the total amount you can have, it feels like a really bad design choice.

Which of the 20 million dollar models would you say is best to clear the Nostalgic 1979 event? I read hat a couple aren't that expensive but also that they are long shots to win I'll probably collect them all eventually, knowing me, but for now I want to put gold cups on the races. It's my only remaining event in the pro section.
The Ferrari 330 P4'67 or the Jaguar XJ13 '66 are the best cars to use for the events :). The Ferrari 330 P4'67 has a handling issue, and the Jaguar XJ13 '66 does not have any issue with handling only a little bit slow, but it does the job in all the races in the Nostalgic 1979 events 👍.

The Ferrari 330 P4'67 tune in @praiano63 garage you can put the tune on the Jaguar XJ13 '66 car :).

330P4 is by far the quickest car. And most fun to drive. MKIV is quick but more like a tank. XJ13 somewhere in between.

Cobra Daytona very good fun to drive but can only win when tuned up.

Once you have one of these cars, best bet is to tune one up, then re-run the Nostalgia 1979 race. A clean run will earn 240,000 credits. Pretty easy to rack up millions in short order.

If cash is tight, and you want quick entry, comfortable win, get the new Corvette Stingray Concept (added recent update) and beef it up. It sells for 5 million and will win no trouble once beefed up.

If cash is tight, and you want quick entry, comfortable win, get the new Corvette Stingray Concept (added recent update) and beef it up. It sells for 5 million and will win no trouble once beefed up.
That car is a 🤬 to drive. I did not enjoy my run with it at all, it's a dust collector now.
My near stock XJ13 is my got to for easy win, and almost guaranteed clean bonus. The Shelby if I just want to enjoy the drive.

MMX
That car is a 🤬 to drive. I did not enjoy my run with it at all, it's a dust collector now.
My near stock XJ13 is my got to for easy win, and almost guaranteed clean bonus. The Shelby if I just want to enjoy the drive.

Fully agree.... its a bit of a pig! But tuned, fast, and will win. Suggest getting this for 5 million until you've racked up enough to get the Jag or Ferrari. Better bet than the other qualifiers (although maybe not as easy to drive!)

This thread has some tips on the last page or two: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rofessional-race.381291/page-11#post-12883000

Back