Must buy 20,000,000 dollar car to race in nostalgic 1979 professional race ?

• Thread starter bwanabud
  • 374 comments
Great, thanks, got the tune and will give it a try!

Forgot to mention, on the first go I did overtake a couple of P4s!

EDIT - Tried Fordlaser's setup and won - had a P4 breathing down my neck, some work to do with cornering but boy is it fast in the straights!

There we have it, the 5 million Stingray can win, no problem for most. The enjoyable "grind" now becomes much more accessible.
With the Corvette Stingray I can get speeds with slipstream on the straight, going 381kmh using @praiano63 Ferrari 330 P4 '67 tune on the car is
here only use the suspension settings on the Ferrari but only change the Natural Frequency F/R to 2.50, and use the LSD from the Ferrari P4.
The Ferrari P4 tune on the Corvette Stingray is not to bad and at least it handles a bit better than my tune.

Last edited:
With the Corvette Stingray I can get speeds with slipstream on the straight, going 381kmh using @praiano63 Ferrari 330 P4 '67 tune on the car is
here only use the suspension settings on the Ferrari but only change the Natural Frequency F/R to 2.50, and use the LSD from the Ferrari P4.
The Ferrari P4 tune on the Corvette Stingray is not to bad and at least it handles a bit better than my tune.

Thanks Fordlaser! I'll give it a go sometime - I don't know what you think of the car, but I don't particularly enjoy driving it..... I'd much rather be in the Jag or the P4 for those races :cheers:

Great to know that with your tune it can win quite easily at LaSarthe, and at 5 million, it's a much easier entry to this series than the other high flyers!

Thanks Fordlaser! I'll give it a go sometime - I don't know what you think of the car, but I don't particularly enjoy driving it..... I'd much rather be in the Jag or the P4 for those races :cheers:

Great to know that with your tune it can win quite easily at LaSarthe, and at 5 million, it's a much easier entry to this series than the other high flyers!
Try praiano63 P4 setup on the Jag it is very good :), for the gearbox on the Jag max speed to 330kmh.
Out of the Corvette, P4 and the Jag, the Jag is better on handling and I prefer the car, and the I may sell the P4 and the others and just keep the Jag :).

Try praiano63 P4 setup on the Jag it is very good :), for the gearbox on the Jag max speed to 330kmh.
Out of the Corvette, P4 and the Jag, the Jag is better on handling and I prefer the car, and the I may sell the P4 and the others and just keep the Jag :).

I use this setup for the Jag, HammerStudiosGaming:

It gives well over 360 Kmh without drafting..... if you upgrade power / weight (the tune in the video is stock and gives about 340 Kmh).
I'd keep the P4.... it's a beautiful machine, faster than the Jag (but not such a nice drive, IMO).

I use this setup for the Jag, HammerStudiosGaming:

It gives well over 360 Kmh without drafting..... if you upgrade power / weight (the tune in the video is stock and gives about 340 Kmh).
I'd keep the P4.... it's a beautiful machine, faster than the Jag (but not such a nice drive, IMO).

You might be right about keeping the P4 and I will now keep it. You should try @praiano63 P4 tune on the Jag, because the handling is outstanding.

The Corvette Stingray Racer Concept can also win the Sardegna race. It took me a few tries to better learn the track (since its not a track that I know very well), but I then smoked the Ferrari 330 P4's by nearly a full second:;):)

48817599676_c7b9dba8a0_k.jpg

The Ferrari 330 P4 tried to get past me a couple of times on the final lap, so fastest one didn't want to give me a comfortable win.:nervous:

Last edited:
You might be right about keeping the P4 and I will now keep it. You should try @praiano63 P4 tune on the Jag, because the handling is outstanding.

I'll give it a try, thanks!

The Corvette Stingray Racer Concept can also win the Sardegna race. It took me a few tries to better learn the track (since its not a track that I know very well), but I then smoked the Ferrari 330 P4's by nearly a full second:;):)

View attachment 854436

The Ferrari 330 P4 tried to get past me a couple of times on the final lap, so fastest one didn't want to give me a comfortable win.:nervous:

Good job! :cheers:

As a follow-up to my earlier posts above, after a number of tries, I've been able to cleanly win each of the first three races in the Nostalgic 1979 series with the Corvette StingRay Racer Concept:

Monza:
48828634238_4aa2de659d_k.jpg

48828641548_27111ae579_k.jpg

LeMans:
48829159476_172ec552f1_k.jpg

48829161906_5802ea3de4_k.jpg

St Croix:
48829410121_aebbad9d9f_k.jpg

48829412436_aef567fe7a_k.jpg

It took me quite a number of tries to win the St Croix race cleanly because the fastest Ferrari 330 P4 likes to re-pass me on the final lap so minor contact would sometimes occur.:(:grumpy: I was running the St Croix race against a favorable lineup that only had two P4's:):sly:

Last edited:
https://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/car_sheet.php?id=1048

Anyone remember the vintage Camaro race car from GT5/GT6? Might be another great competitor for the Nostalgic 79 race in months to come, that’s if it ever drops (also a premium). Only like 200,000 approx credits as well. There was a Nostagic race at Monaco I remember where this was pretty much the only way to win that race on the cheap.

Anyone remember the vintage Camaro race car from GT5/GT6? Might be another great competitor for the Nostalgic 79 race in months to come, that’s if it ever drops (also a premium). Only like 200,000 approx credits as well. There was a Nostagic race at Monaco I remember where this was pretty much the only way to win that race on the cheap.
Yes I remember because I have that nice car in my GT6 garage :) but if the car did come to GTS, and I hope it will, will the car be an Gr.X car so we can use it in the Nostalgia race ?.

Every time I race in the Nostalgia events and you see the Ford GT40 in the race, I say to myself why PD why I can not use the lovely Ford GT40 in the race. PD make me so :mad: sometimes.

After the last update, I thought that time had come for me to clear Nostalgic 1979 with the newcomer Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.8 AMG. So I tried the Red ...Brontosaurus 👎
Max power, min weight but disappointment...
I cleared Monza and Sarthe (cutting through the chicanes) but I can't do better than second in Sainte-Croix. I still struggle with the Ferrari 330.
Is there any chance not to have Ferrari 330 in the grid? Jaguar XJ13 isn't so difficult opponent.
Could someone suggest a setup?
I am still far from 20.000.000

Thanks

Last edited:
After the last update, I thought that time had come for me to clear Nostalgic 1979 with the newcomer Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.8 AMG. So I tried the Red ...Brontosaurus 👎
Max power, min weight but disappointment...
I cleared Monza and Sarthe (cutting through the chicanes) but I can't do better than second in Sainte-Croix. I still struggle with the Ferrari 330.
Is there any chance not to have Ferrari 330 in the grid? Jaguar XJ13 isn't so difficult opponent.
Could someone suggest a setup?
I am still far from 20.000.000

Thanks

Mate, you're not alone! I upgraded the "red pig" (awful name for a gorgeous imposing car that I think is superb) but best I could do at La Sarthe so far is 5th! 1- P4, 2 - P4, 3- P4, 4 -XJ 13, 5 - Moi! And about 20 seconds behind P1. Tried changing gearing of top speed to 400 kmh but lucky to reach 325 when drafting...... still, sounds great, handles great just can't get the oomph! Any tunes welcomed!

Spa should be winnable aswell. I managed to get to 3rd place with Power lvl 4, Weight lvl 2 and stock gearbox

I won Spa with full power-minimum weight using @MINKIHL 's tune. I came close at Goodwood. At both tracks the leading 330 slows way down on the last lap.

Maybe it's just me. I only lower the suspension all the way, set front camber to -3.0, leave all other suspension settings stock, RS tyres, TCS 0, ABS default. DS4, sensitivity 5, other settings 0.

Spa was as I expected in the Daytona... came first but with the 330p4 on me.

490hp 980kg? So its maxxed out and only 280km/h top.

3rd at Brands Hatch but what do you expect? I cant win here. There are some tracks that just flow too well and the 330 is +10 secs ahead.

Spa was as I expected in the Daytona... came first but with the 330p4 on me.

490hp 980kg? So its maxxed out and only 280km/h top.

3rd at Brands Hatch but what do you expect? I cant win here. There are some tracks that just flow too well and the 330 is +10 secs ahead.
Brands Hatch and Goodwood and I have given up, because you can not win driving the red pig.

Last edited:
I’ll admit, I cheated in most of these races and cut through as many time-saving corners as I could. If it weren’t for me squeezing past the chicane at Goodwood, I would’ve lost again.

Brands Hatch and Goodwood and I have given up, because you can not win driving the red pig.
Try a green one. ;)
EIllTWwU0AAl5z3

Edit: In this one, the computer threw in a lapped AMG to make things interesting. PAssed the 330 at the final corner exit. It's all about car positioning.
EIloyG3VUAA9Vn3

Last edited:
Back