The A.I, Stoned or Stupid?

• Thread starter Craig HP
  • 32 comments
To Parnelli: Yeah you're right about that, I rarely did the Regionals. I prefer the Special Events more. And the thing I'm saying is the AI are not battling each other enough in GT2 when you're not in the mix (like when you're in the lead far away). They do battle against you if you're in the middle of the them, I know that. I recognised this because ~80% of the time the AIs finish in the same position as they started in GT2, in GT1 it's more like 50% of the time. Maybe it's because faster cars are more randomly placed in GT1 grids than in GT2, but I can't say for sure. About rubber band AIs, it's also true, in 3 laps GT1 AIs are usually quite spaced out already, in GT2 you need around 5+ laps for the AI 'chain' to break.

To superberkut: That's why I said it isn't 100% true in all cases. The main point is: you can get overtaking moves between AIs in GT2, but it's much rarer than in GT1.

GT3 is like: usually one car (and one car only) is the fastest Ai. You won't have to worry about anyone else. Kinda boring after awhile to me.

GT4: there's more of a mix 👍 which means faster and slower cars sit on the same grid. However, depending which race you're doing, the faster ones don't always win 100% of the time. It's possible to re-set the starting grid in GT4 so that faster cars sit downfield in 3rd, 4th, or 5th place..and then the race winds up feeling more competitive. 👍

Last edited:
From you comparison,

GT3 is more similar to GT2
GT4 is more similar to GT1

At least that's what I think...

Back