The AI Cheats

• Thread starter TT92
  • 46 comments

TT92

Premium
Australia
WA
TT__777
Yes, we all know they are aggressive and tend to dive bomb you into corners and even seem to have super sticky tyres in the wet but I have found a new one.

Here are the details:

PS4, career mode, distance on minimum, GT4 race at Hockenheim 5 laps with mandatory pit stop and AI at 70%

So I get pole position, I stop on lap 2, first in and first out of the pits and I notice I am still 15 seconds behind the first place guy on lap 5 so work out he hasn't pitted. So the AI pits him on the last lap and he crosses the finish line in the pits and wins and I get second.

Now this tactic will only work *IF* your pit garage is at the far end of the pits and over the finish line and mine was the first one in the pits (so I found out when I pitted). Technically the finish line is on the track and you can not cross it in the pits (yes you are awarded having completed the lap). You must receive the chequered flag which does not occur in the pits.

What does everyone else think? Is this unfair because I can't use the tactic (I have no control over nor know where my pit box will be) or did the game decide it would cheat and make me get second?

How else does the AI cheat in this game? Something I really want to know before I start doing any endurance races.

Now this tactic will only work *IF* your pit garage is at the far end of the pits and over the finish line and mine was the first one in the pits (so I found out when I pitted). Technically the finish line is on the track and you can not cross it in the pits (yes you are awarded having completed the lap). You must receive the chequered flag which does not occur in the pits.

It's a beautiful, beautiful Michael Schumacher tribute, and completely do-able :D

This happened to me (70% AI and I think same course)and I was going crazy, I was running consistent fast laps and had clear track only to be confused by seeing 2/20 in the corner. Going around the final corner I see a car driving into the pits, paused to see the #1 car making the mandatory pit after crossing the line in pit lane. Furious I quickly watched to the replay to see the AI really did pull that move. I restarted the race and tried to do the same thing, coming across to finish lap 4 The Stig notified me I was DQ'd for not making mandatory pit. The game definitely has its bugs, some like this imo being more serious, I remain optimistic they will work this out.

Had this happen to me TWICE in one season. Still managed to podium and pull out the championship. But really... :banghead: With you guys that hopefully this is one of the first bugs to get squashed.

The Ai gets loads of advantages, Go try the endurance event in career The Silverstone event mainly wet you don't fnow what tyres you have fitted so when you pit and want the same its purely guesswork, Also when you start any of the 3 event in that series you are forced to pit early because although your in for 3 hours plus racing your only given a limited fuel quantity Not a full tank so you will pit anywhere around laps 14 to 18.

So many bugs in the career mode ive stopped playing it now till its fixed.

I'm getting pissed at career; i race 100% lenght and the AI is unstoppable at times for they do not have performance degradation... Also in last race i had, at sakitto, the top 4 cars lapped the whole grid up to 10th place in a dry race!

Sometimes the AI clicks and start getting "cheatingly" fast. I hate that.

The Clios at Silverstone are bonkers. They literally do not adhere to the abilities of that car. Most evident in the 2 final corners, they simply fly through it was if its nothing.

What i noticed is that the AI somehow cheats if you brake in a corner a tiny little earlier... They throw themselves in in a way that would make it impossible to make the car get the apex. If you that "brake a bit earlier" thing a few times you can have the AI improve their lap times dramatically.

Another nice AI glitch is them doing ridiculously fast times when you skip to end of session during qualifying. GT4 race, Sakitto, I qualified pole with 1:05min, 3 minutes left in the session I skipped to the end, suddenly I was 6th with al top 5 cars having done times of 0:46min which is utterly impossibru.

Another nice AI glitch is them doing ridiculously fast times when you skip to end of session during qualifying. GT4 race, Sakitto, I qualified pole with 1:05min, 3 minutes left in the session I skipped to the end, suddenly I was 6th with al top 5 cars having done times of 0:46min which is utterly impossibru.
yeah i noticed that too, i was like O_O WTF!? :D

As I said before, SMS worked their asses off before release to get everything dialed in. They responded on WMD at insane hours and managed to fix some things right away for the next daily release. The game today is A LOT more polished than 8 weeks ago. The public outcry after another delay would have been far worse than a class A racing game with some bugs and glitches that is actually available.

It sounds like a lame excuse but sometimes the list of issues gets longer during testing while the countdown to release gets smaller every day.

I'm not happy about all the open points yet I know they are committed to get them fixed in a timely manner.

I'm more of a 'The Glass is half full' person and recognize that a game with bugs and glitches is not as important as a crappy DJ ruining a wedding for example.

But everybody has different priorities, and rightfully so. Please don't stop to fill SMS up with bug reports over at the official forums. Everything will be read and investigated over there.

The sceptical guy inside me wants to go crazy but then I drive a Gulf 1000 on Azure Circuit and I just have to shut up. :D :lol:
As I said before, SMS worked their asses off before release to get everything dialed in. They responded on WMD at insane hours and managed to fix some things right away for the next daily release. The game today is A LOT more polished than 8 weeks ago. The public outcry after another delay would have been far worse than a class A racing game with some bugs and glitches that is actually available.

It sounds like a lame excuse but sometimes the list of issues gets longer during testing while the countdown to release gets smaller every day.

I'm not happy about all the open points yet I know they are committed to get them fixed in a timely manner.

I'm more of a 'The Glass is half full' person and recognize that a game with bugs and glitches is not as important as a crappy DJ ruining a wedding for example.

But everybody has different priorities, and rightfully so. Please don't stop to fill SMS up with bug reports over at the official forums. Everything will be read and investigated over there.

Another AI cheat that is starting to wear very thin with me is they overtake on the grass on a straight or cut a corner (especially a chicane) and overtake.

They also seem to have more straight line speed in identical cars too.

We know about how they don't slow down in the rain as well :-(

There is on thing about the pcars AI. I don't wish for the "uber AI" setting, like I did with all the other racing games. The 100% kicks my butt nicely most of the time

In my opinion a 100% AI should require that you have your setup game down and make no stupid mistakes on the track. AI lap times should generally be around your own best laps but capped at a certain maximum suitable lap time for 100%.

Another AI cheat that is starting to wear very thin with me is they overtake on the grass on a straight or cut a corner (especially a chicane) and overtake.

They also seem to have more straight line speed in identical cars too.

We know about how they don't slow down in the rain as well :-(

This came to mind....
bXouXQs.png

You can't say that without knowing how the game was before release :P

Already said it :D I didn't buy the pre released version I bought the official release that promised a bug free and polished game, so your comment its irrelevant

They postponed the game several times finally stating they needed more time to quote "debug and polish" They failed on that score. Just go look at all the problems people are having.

Last edited:
Back