The Amazon Prime Not Topgear Show That From Now On Will Be Called "The Grand Tour"TV 

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,091 comments
As above, that was just fake news and noise, and given that they've just renewed his contract for a 4th season of Clarksons Farm it's obvious he hasn't been dropped.

They've spoken about their days doing TGT coming to an end sooner rather than later before, at the end of the day Clarkson and May are both in thier 60's and they all have other passions and projects. So I think it's just that they want to move on to other things.

It's a good call IMO, I agree entirely with @tbtstt, TGT hasn't been as good as TG was at it's peak. Everything got a bit too scripted, or at least, too obviousely scripted in later season of TG and in TGT though they still had thier moments. I'll still look forward to the two remaining TGT specials coming out next year.
They tried way too hard with TGT to make it a success, when really it didn't need to try hard, it just needed to be a continuation of what made Top Gear so good at it's peak, they failed to deliver on that sadly. IT for sure has it's moments and it is watchable but it did miss the mark more than it hit.

I know they didn't just axe Clarkson right away, but everything I see when I do some searching says Amazon wouldn't renew his contract once it ran out, which would likely be after Season 4 of Clarkson's Farm. I mean, I don't doubt the reporting was skewed, I just can't find anything that says otherwise.

I know they didn't just axe Clarkson right away, but everything I see when I do some searching says Amazon wouldn't renew his contract once it ran out, which would likely be after Season 4 of Clarkson's Farm. I mean, I don't doubt the reporting was skewed, I just can't find anything that says otherwise.
Given they've only recently renewed his contract for season 4 of Clarksons farm and that tweet was about a year ago, I think it's safe to say that the two are unconnected and what you are reading is nothing more than speculation. No one at Amazon has confirmed he has been dropped/won't be renewed, yet they have renwed him for another season of one of his shows, the numbers add up.

They were already winding down TGT before the tweet given the show had already dropped the episodic format and gone to filming specials only.

Last edited:
They tried way too hard with TGT to make it a success, when really it didn't need to try hard, it just needed to be a continuation of what made Top Gear so good at it's peak, they failed to deliver on that sadly. IT for sure has it's moments and it is watchable but it did miss the mark more than it hit.
Yep, exactly, and as said...
Everything got a bit too scripted, or at least, too obviousely scripted in later season of TG and in TGT though they still had thier moments.
...they were already heading in the wrong direction before the end of Top Gear. I hoped that the bigger budget (and supposed freedom) of Amazon might help improve things but, if anything, it made the obvious scripting even worse.

Sure I'll watch the last two specials, but I'll be very surprised if I end up giving them - or the rest of TGT - any repeat reviewing.

I think also that they want to try other things, especially now as they are getting older.

Already had to skip the episode with them destroying an Evo for laughs and giggles, this one is probably also one to skip for the same reason

Sand Job is out, I have seen it.

I won't spoil it but I will say what its about, they attempt to recreate part of the Paris-Dakar of old by driving from Mauritania into Dakar, Senegal. They used modified convertible sports cars.

Sand Job is out, I have seen it.

I won't spoil it but I will say what its about, they attempt to recreate part of the Paris-Dakar of old by driving from Mauritania into Dakar, Senegal. They used modified convertible sports cars.
Good to know it's out, I plan to watch it when I finish work today. Always good to have a bit of new entertainemtn to watch!

Back