The Amazon Prime Not Topgear Show That From Now On Will Be Called "The Grand Tour"TV 

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,091 comments
United States
Chicago
fortbo
fortbo
It's been confirmed that the Jeremy, Richard, and James, will star in a new show, that is definitely not Topgear, on Amazon Prime. Although there are still many questions up in the air, it is still nice to see the three hosts we are all familiar with having their own show again. Let's just hope Clarkson doesn't mess it up. How do you feel about the show being on Amazon Prime? Do you think it will be worth the fees that it comes with? This thread is for any news and discussion on the new show.
clkimu3wiaehv6b-jpg.420938

top-gear-uk-wallpaper-1.jpg

Last edited:
I (accidentally...missed the notification lol) bought prime in the spring...dang this is gonna be good! :D Add this to the list of things prime has been helpful with (excluding the stupid mess and dumb "Prime Day" **** :P ).

I had no idea Amazon does TV, primed and ready for this though.

Hopefully we get a chirstmas special atleast this year.

As I may have said elsewhere, this is great news for me. I don't have Amazon Prime, so it means that I'm not paying that irritating glob of hedgehog barf Richard Hammond's salary - whereas had they gone to Netflix I would have been and I might have had to cancel it.

So hurrah.

They've got Andy Wilman on board too, so if you've enjoyed watching the same tired old crap for the last 6 years with high points few and far between and you're an Amazon Prime customer, you're in luck.

Wonder if Richard Porter (Sniff Petrol and Top Gear script writer) will be going with them, or whether he'll stick with the BBC?

I was hoping that it would be on Netflix, Amazon Prime isn't available here in Australia.
Well, Jeremy just answered that question on Twitter;
Screenshot_2015-08-04-16-43-57.png

I personally think that maybe Foxtel will get the rights to be the Australian broadcaster. Channel wise? Maybe FOX8, A&E or FX. I also can't see it being on Discovery due to Fifth Gear.

Either that, or Amazon Prime becomes available in Australia (which I hope doesn't happen, I don't want to pay to watch just one show).

Well, Jeremy just answered that question on Twitter;
View attachment 424322

I personally think that maybe Foxtel will get the rights to be the Australian broadcaster. Channel wise? Maybe FOX8, A&E or FX. I also can't see it being on Discovery due to Fifth Gear.

Either that, or Amazon Prime becomes available in Australia (which I hope doesn't happen, I don't want to pay to watch just one show).
Hopefully it comes to free-to-air TV as well.

Rumours surrounding the Top Gear rival being assembled by Amazon suggest it may end up being one of the most expensive TV shows in history, with an apparent budget of $250m being handed to the production team to make 36 episodes.

The news comes via an interview producer Andy Wilman gave to Broadcast, a trade magazine for those working in TV. And those working in TV will be rather envious of Wilman, Clarkson, May and Hammond today, after he suggested that a virtually unlimited budget to blow as they see fit was one of the key reasons the Top Gear team chose Amazon as their new home.

http://gizmodo.com/amazons-new-car-show-has-a-rumored-budget-of-250m-1722659047

In the comments, someone says that's $6.9 million per episode. :eek::eek::eek:

"We were then given a buget of $2.3 million dollars each and told to report to the Top Gear Innovation Centre to do up our cars... cue the music"

I see great potential in this show. They did a really great performance with Clarkson, Hammon & May Live Show in Australia.

Though the potential name of "Gear Knobs" is silly.

...Gear Knobs? That possibly can't be the name they are going with. It's probably a misdirection, a troll move to confuse The Interwebz.

Back