The Amazon Prime Not Topgear Show That From Now On Will Be Called "The Grand Tour"TV 

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,091 comments
They won't be doing them, as far as I can tell.

Just fully watched the end and yeah it's gone for good it seems. A shame as Clarkson's reviews are always legendary for their sound bites and entertainment value. I love that this season they're also reviewing old cars and not just new ones. I'm sure they can do reviews of old/new/supercars on the epic road trips, but it's just not the same without a power lap.

Oh well, I guess there's still TG and Chris Harris. For comparison purposes, the much more comprehensive TG lap board is better anyway.

first thing that title made me think of:
91daIuMsCVL._SL1500_.jpg

It reminded me of something I come across in work sometimes. Some of our clients work in seafaring vessels and are eligible for tax relief as a result. When we are working on that we need to see copies of their seaman’s discharge book.

The new episode was good, it was funny. It fun seeing them handle the boats but I would rather see them in motor vehicles.

"But we have survived and on that terrible disappointment.. for Top Gear.. it's time to say good bye" -Clarkson

I liked it. Lots of very funny stuff and it was kind of interesting to not see them in cars for a change. My favorite line came right towards the end, "and it looks like a bedraggled dog at the helm" :lol:

Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought considering the lack of cars. Also learnt a thing or two about PBRs and the war efforts thanks to Jeremy's snippets of history here and there.

The whole thing feels a bit short and repetitive though. You can only see them getting stuck or lost so many times. And the fact that the crew and locals are always around to help kinda ruins the illusion of them doing the adventure on their own (I know film crew are always there, but usually they're less obvious).

Anyone knows when their next special is going to be? Is it just going to be one offs like this or do they have an actual regular season planned?

....Finally caught it. There was one moment early on that took me by surprise and I nearly choked myself laughing my butt off. I agree with @LeGeNd-1 that crews and locals hanging around to fish the trio out from their troubles kind of ruined the "immersion", but nonetheless, I enjoyed it.

Now I'm waiting for TG's Nepal Christmas special.

Anyone knows when their next special is going to be? Is it just going to be one offs like this or do they have an actual regular season planned?

They are planning on doing 2 specials per year. I think that will be it, and then they have their own solo shows.

Now, the end of season 3 makes more sense. It was the end of the "series".

Hammond has his own show on Discovery starting soon and May has his show on Japan as well.

I know the next special is in Madagascar, I don't think its been given an air date yet.

What are their side shows called? I heard about May's show from his YouTube channel but no idea when or where it will air.

Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought considering the lack of cars. Also learnt a thing or two about PBRs and the war efforts thanks to Jeremy's snippets of history here and there.

The whole thing feels a bit short and repetitive though. You can only see them getting stuck or lost so many times. And the fact that the crew and locals are always around to help kinda ruins the illusion of them doing the adventure on their own (I know film crew are always there, but usually they're less obvious).

"And with that terrible disappointment, back to the studio".

Hammond has broken so many axles during these specials I find it hard to believe he's fixed then all on his own. So I'm willing to accept they get a little help from the crew every so often

I was kinda expecting episode 2 by now.
I beleive the next special is currently in editing, James may was talking about it on TV earlier this week apparently. So it's on it's way but not ready yet I guess.

Back