Premium
England
England
chromatic9
10770527514_983ee2d141_b.jpg

10770428265_5fa8ce8fb7_b.jpg

10770694903_883c00b866_b.jpg

10770520524_e15715d46c_h.jpg

Yeah, the driving is great, unmatched even at this stage.

Taking screenshots is very limited and sadly its very jaggy. Like pcars it uses deferred render so jaggies are terrible. In pcars I had to render at 4k and really sacrifice framerate and smoothness. Doing a hot lap I'd drop all that and lower settings but then it would look like any other driving game, maybe worse with the jaggies.

More games will move to this render but supersample or downsample is a bit smoke and mirrors in solving it. Not really playable and only good for screenshots.

Last edited:
Right on the money. I had to workaround that just a little by enabling mod tools (thus getting into photomode) and used Fraps. I was only satisfied with this one shot.

It offers a different kind of freedom from pCARS, being able to manipulate the time of day or even the relative positioning of the sun. I'm really liking it... but it's going to take some finessing.

What magic did you use to remove the jaggies? Looks beautiful.

Have you tried this >

In-game settings:

1- Turn off HDR and Motion Blur (both options are causing that blurry aspect);
2- Set Anisostropic Filtering to 2x (it's VERY resource intensive on this game, don't know why);
3- Set Shadows to High and AA to 4x;
4- Turn off Vertical Sync (use NVIDIA Inspector's one instead);
5- Turn off "Lock Onboard Camera to Horizon";
6- Set Cubemap Resolution to Low (very resource intensive) and Faces per Frame to 6 (for real-time car reflections);

NVIDIA Inspector:

1- Create a profile for Assetto Corsa (add both acs.exe and acShowroom.exe);
2- Set AA Transparency Supersampling to 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling (say goodbye to jaggies and ugly shadows);
3- Set Vertical Sync Tear Control to Adaptive or On (optional).

http://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/666825525296642878/

Fixed it. Overlooked one of the settings.

2 combos I've really enjoyed so far is the X-BOW at Magione and the E30 at Vallelunga. 👍

Have you tried this >

In-game settings:

1- Turn off HDR and Motion Blur (both options are causing that blurry aspect);
2- Set Anisostropic Filtering to 2x (it's VERY resource intensive on this game, don't know why);
3- Set Shadows to High and AA to 4x;
4- Turn off Vertical Sync (use NVIDIA Inspector's one instead);
5- Turn off "Lock Onboard Camera to Horizon";
6- Set Cubemap Resolution to Low (very resource intensive) and Faces per Frame to 6 (for real-time car reflections);

NVIDIA Inspector:

1- Create a profile for Assetto Corsa (add both acs.exe and acShowroom.exe);
2- Set AA Transparency Supersampling to 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling (say goodbye to jaggies and ugly shadows);
3- Set Vertical Sync Tear Control to Adaptive or On (optional).

http://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/666825525296642878/

Thanks it definitely did help, though not nearly enough to make it look as good as those screenshots above. Still had some jaggies, nothing that affects gameplay but definitely blatently obvious in a screenshot.

Thanks it definitely did help, though not nearly enough to make it look as good as those screenshots above. Still had some jaggies, nothing that affects gameplay but definitely blatently obvious in a screenshot.
Force your graphic card to override Assetto Corsa in-game details, use the hightest AA possible and highest resolution available. You might reach your hardware limit though.

@T12 this thread is going to explode "very soon !!!"

So could someone explain how to take photos in Assetto Corsa, because I'm far too simple to figure it out.

Thank you, not really easy to make good screens... the photomode is very alpha, the lighting is poor compared to pCARS, the options are very restricted to move the cam for a good shots, the HDR (which control blur aperture) is overdone and not crisp enough, etc... I add to fine tune the last two presets (azimuth and ?) to get the precise shine without the over exposed blacks and whites.... AC REALLY need better photomode refinements and a better more complex lighting & reflections to really make this game shines graphically.

acs5.jpg

acs6.jpg

Last edited:
it's like the lighting and reflections are still in beta in this early release... especially when you compare it to this shot on the main site:

McLarenMP412C.jpg

Latest Posts

Back