The Avengers: Age of Ultron is Live. Don't forget the Spoiler Tags, Damnit.Movies 

• Thread starter niky
  • 377 comments
I think I understand why I didn't get the same feeling as Avengers from Age of Ultron.

Torn apart like the movie has been here, I still couldn't fully grasp why Ago of Ultron felt a little disappointing. For me, it all comes down to Loki Vs. Ultron.

In Avengers Assemble we see a down and out Loki rejuvenated by an army provided by Thanos, the big bad that we know waits in the background of all MCU films currently. He is given power and is for a majority of the film, allowed to go about his plan and failing at the end. The film takes us on that journey from significant individuals, to fractured entities to successful teamwork.

Ago of Ultron was always going to struggle with the teamwork already cemented from the first film. you don't just take it away for the sake of a movie, something has to affect it from within. The film does that with Ultron's arrival - brilliant, we even get some Civil War headstart here! The problems then start for me here, as Ultron seemingly neglects half of his abilities in reaching his end-game. Why assume control of all computers worldwide (for instance) when you can make yourself redundant? He does it TWICE with the creation of Vision and in scaring Black Widow with his "tearing through himself" trick... So why not have a backup should the end-game fail? It takes the victory away from the Avengers, they just served almost as rescue aid for the Sokovian citizens. Vision gets the most credit here, but he still feels like yet another mistake by Ultron... And after ALL of that, Thanos finally appears and I don't even like his line! "Fine, I'll do it myself...", so he was just watching events play out? It may be difficult to do, but I would like to see him involved as a background character once more.

I'm going to guess that you never read the comics.

In the comics it was believed that they had wiped out all copies. All drones were destroyed and they removed all traces of him from the Internet.

They didn't know that he sent a radio signal of himself into space. It arrives on a Kree ship and he attempts to do the same thing to the Kree. I'm curious if we were shown Stark's satellite just to leave this door open.

I'm just miffed that they've pre-empted the end of AOS season 2 a bit...
What with List and von Strucker obviously surviving, at least up until Ultron gets killy.

Also, no Coulson in Age of Ultron. That makes me sad.
Actually, AOS goes beyond the film.

Internet rumor says there is a plot hole on Age of Ultron that is filled in on tonight's (US) AOS.

I just might be the happiest lad right now.

I do wonder though, if they continue down this path (and they likely won't because there's little reason to go beyond Extremis) - but if they did, I wonder if they'd introduce Bleeding Edge.

@FoolKiller No I haven't, I want to read the comics but it's difficult coming to them late! Plus, from what I understand of comics and MCU, no character ever goes away forever...

I just might be the happiest lad right now.

It would actually make sense.

Friday is a poor substitute for Jarvis and Stark seems to be on this big thing about developing new tech using stuff he got from bad guys.

It would actually make sense.

Friday is a poor substitute for Jarvis and Stark seems to be on this big thing about developing new tech using stuff he got from bad guys.
I'm just disappointed that Friday wasn't voiced by Rebecca Black.

Also, a joke about something else from the movie:
I'm surprised Quicksilver didn't die from mercury poisoning.

Went to see this yesterday and it was fantastic.

James Spader is so under-rated, what an incredibly creepy interesting actor he is. Ever since he played Robert California in The Office US, I have been intrigued by his acting traits. Perfect casting for Ultron. 👍

Went to see this yesterday and it was fantastic.

James Spader is so under-rated, what an incredibly creepy interesting actor he is. Ever since he played Robert California in The Office US, I have been intrigued by his acting traits. Perfect casting for Ultron. 👍

If you haven't seen it, I really recommend Boston Legal. He's brilliant in that.

I went and saw this today and must say it was rather good. Granted I don't think it was better than the first Avenger's film, but it certainly was a solid follow-up. I still think one of the best things about the MCU films is that they always sneak some comedy into it, but just enough to lighten the film up a little.

Also, how is that people can go to a Marvel film and leave right when the credits start?:odd:

Just watched it today, sadly it was in 3D (which I detest) so although I was pretty much blind by the end, I quite enjoyed it, was better than the original for sure for me.

Agree with all the points stated in this thread but a solid 8.5/10 for me.

James Spader is about as perfectly miscast as can possibly be in this movie. Basically Evil Robot Alan Shore, and it's great.

Last edited:
I went and saw this today and must say it was rather good. Granted I don't think it was better than the first Avenger's film, but it certainly was a solid follow-up. I still think one of the best things about the MCU films is that they always sneak some comedy into it, but just enough to lighten the film up a little.

Also, how is that people can go to a Marvel film and leave right when the credits start?:odd:
Clearly such people don't know how these films work. Though with Age Of Ultron, they're not missing much.

Watching The Avengers and thought about Thanos getting the gems.

I can understand him sending minions to retrieve the stone for him. All Loki had to do, was bring him the Teseract. All Ronin had to do, was bring him the orb.

The cube was hidden, until its guardian pointed it out to the Red Skull. Red Skull being transported/teleported, no doubt set off a beacon to Thanos.

Thing is, he had the mind stone. Gave it to Loki, thinking(I guess) he could control puny humans. As Stark explained, Loki had to show off and lost it to Asgard.

3 stones were on earth at one time. Space, Time, Mind. 4, if I count the Aether by way of the portal in England.

If he's going to get them himself, how does he get each place? He should have done that in the first. He would have had at least two. Maybe he was hiding the search.

Watching The Avengers and thought about Thanos getting the gems.

I can understand him sending minions to retrieve the stone for him. All Loki had to do, was bring him the Teseract. All Ronin had to do, was bring him the orb.

The cube was hidden, until its guardian pointed it out to the Red Skull. Red Skull being transported/teleported, no doubt set off a beacon to Thanos.

Thing is, he had the mind stone. Gave it to Loki, thinking(I guess) he could control puny humans. As Stark explained, Loki had to show off and lost it to Asgard.

3 stones were on earth at one time. Space, Time, Mind. 4, if I count the Aether by way of the portal in England.

If he's going to get them himself, how does he get each place? He should have done that in the first. He would have had at least two. Maybe he was hiding the search.

If there's no one helping him getting the stones, he could just get the Tesseract first, so then he could create portals to wherever the remaining stones are.
Even if he has help, he should get the Tesseract first from Asgard, so then he could transport his allies to each place, making the job of gathering the stones much quicker.

He probably didn't know the location of the remaining stones. He most likely knew about the Tesseract due to the amount of times it was used. His priority was the Tesseract due to its capability to create portals to other parts of the universe I guess.

The filming has commenced. And....

It's basically been confirmed: Spidey, Stark and Peter Quill will all appear in this first of two planned Avengers Vs. Thanos smackdown. Hell, yeah.

Hate to break it to you, but Age of Ultron came out like two years ago...

....:lol:

Oh, you so mean. Could I trouble you to start a separate thread for an Infinity Wars thread? And before you ask, no, I don't think I can do the necessary "maintenance" of it, so I must pass.

Back