The Beatles Discussion ThreadMusic 

• Thread starter a6m5
  • 37 comments
Samberto
Hmm, it always sounded like shoop, shoot or snoop to me. Prophesying the rise of Hip Hop? :sly:
He's actually saying 'Shoot Me'*... although I'd have thought this was a veiled reference to heroin use rather than a prophecy or request for someone to assassinate him... :nervous: I found a site where it is suggested that each verse in the song 'Come Together' is actually describing a Beatle... 1) George 2) Ringo (?) 3) John 4) Paul..., although I have also found plenty of weird and wonderful 'explanations' of the lyrics, ranging from the vagueliy plausible to the down-right bizarre... one thing is for certain, Lennon was a master of the cryptic lyric...

* In the actual song, it is nigh on impossible to make it out since reverb effects, hand claps and a bass note all obscure the words... but in the demo version, available on Anthology Vol 3., it is more obvious (although still obscure), except perhaps the examples at 2:31 and 2:34...

Touring Mars
He's actually saying 'Shoot Me'*... although I'd have thought this was a veiled reference to heroin use rather than a prophecy or request for someone to assassinate him... :nervous: I found a site where it is suggested that each verse in the song 'Come Together' is actually describing a Beatle... 1) George 2) Ringo (?) 3) John 4) Paul..., although I have also found plenty of weird and wonderful 'explanations' of the lyrics, ranging from the vagueliy plausible to the down-right bizarre... one thing is for certain, Lennon was a master of the cryptic lyric...

* In the actual song, it is nigh on impossible to make it out since reverb effects, hand claps and a bass note all obscure the words... but in the demo version, available on Anthology Vol 3., it is more obvious (although still obscure), except perhaps the examples at 2:31 and 2:34...
HOLY COW! :scared: I just had a listen with my headphones on and I hear it now. It is kind of disturbing, but at the same time, it is the best version of this song I've heard.

P.S. In the third anthology, it was clearest for me from 2:00 to 2:07.

Time to dig this thread up methinks...

Who got the LOVE compilation (which was released in November)? It's made up of well known songs remixed by George Martin and his son, and it sounds pretty good.

Time to dig this thread up methinks...

Who got the LOVE compilation (which was released in November)? It's made up of well known songs remixed by George Martin and his son, and it sounds pretty good.
Wow. Someone brought this up to me, just today! I saw the CD at Target, yesterday. I thought it was another compilation, so I figured I had all the songs on CD already. But as you said, songs has been remixed and supposedly they've done a real good job of it, too.

I'll be checking it out for sure.

A Revival here:

Well, hey,

If you haven't noticed by some of my avatars and sig quotes, I'm a fan of The Beatles.

I've been a fan since early-mid '07, after listening to my dad's copies of Sgt Peppers and Abbey Road, but it really didn't affect me much until I found the Beatles website while browsing the internet one morning. There I saw the links to stuff about "The Beatles: LOVE", I visited the site and found a few samples from the sons, and decided I had to buy that album.

After buying the album, I went crazy and started scooping up everything I could find about them, aswell as buying all the albums I could find (With the Beatles, Hard Day's Night, Help!, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Peppers, Magical Mystery Tour, White Album, Let it Be, Abbey Road, Greatest hits 1967-1970), I've even read the book by Bob Spitz.

So, I'm a fan, and I don't intend on not being one :D

From,
Chris.

10 year old thread revival but .....

I came accross youtube clips about John McCartney's death in 1966 and that he was replaced by Billy Sheperd. Interesting stuff to watch. Not saying that it is true but it is very intriguing.

The video clip I'm watching right now is also about Paul vs Faul but also about John Lennon beiing replaced by Mark Staycer. According to this youtube clip, Paul McCartney became John Halliday and is still alive. John Lennon became Colin Unwin.

Probably old news for some but not for me. :D

Last edited:
I don't buy it. Those are just dopplegangers. I think the whole "Paul Is Dead" stuff was The Beatles putting elaborate clues in their music as a way to kid people and sell albums.

I don't even think the "clues" were deliberate. With such a ton of material and iconography around them, you can pretty much make up whatever story you want, and that includes playing vocals backwards and interpreting that as some very vague, grammatically bad other words and sentences. Also Colin Unwin looks NOTHING like John. I kept rubbing my eyes and looking again.

Latest Posts

Back