Ireland
Éire
DylanGTi
DylanGTi
What Is Your Best Made Track So Far?
Pictures And Videos Are Welcome
A Description Of The Track Would Be Nice Also

My Best Made Track Is "Caution Wet Floor!"
It Is A Snow Track As The Name Suggests.
Description:
The Time Of A Lap Is 1.40-2.10 Depending On Car
A Fairly Moderate Track But There Is A Deep Secret

Last edited:
This one is my favourite so far. Long undulating straight then uphil climb, blind corners lots of elevation changes. Very challenging to drive. You will get airborne cresting a corner entrance and shoot off in a few places if you dont slow down.

Rerendered as a full in-car lap to show the track layout batter.

Last edited:
My best track here:

Looks like a good layout, variation to it, sunny weather (can't forget the sunny weather, especially these days!).

@UndergroundHD
That's a very nice track, realistic looking, not a jump fest. Reasonable lap times also.

My 2 best are complete opposites.

1st is a 4 corner rectangular circuit in Eifel with some fast tricky downhill braking zones.
2nd is a 5.8 mile 78 corner cruise through Toscana.

Reading this forum is like Need for Speed High Stakes all over again. Everyone is making tracks, so of course there are some really wierd, yet awesome courses in there (like the rectangular course). GT5 CE is coming in the mail today or tomorrow as far as I know, so we'll see what I can generate.

We should have a competition to find the evilest track the course generator can generate.

This one is my favourite so far. Long undulating straight then uphil climb, blind corners lots of elevation changes. Very challenging to drive. You will get airborne cresting a corner entrance and shoot off in a few places if you dont slow down.

That looks like an awesome track. I'd like to run that :)

Can you share custom tracks in GT5?

That looks like an awesome track. I'd like to run that :)

Can you share custom tracks in GT5?

I believe so, what is your PSN name/gamer tag, I will try share it with you.

Reading this forum is like Need for Speed High Stakes all over again. Everyone is making tracks, so of course there are some really wierd, yet awesome courses in there (like the rectangular course). GT5 CE is coming in the mail today or tomorrow as far as I know, so we'll see what I can generate.

We should have a competition to find the evilest track the course generator can generate.

i have that game i dont know what you mean by tracks though as far as i know you cant make tracks there

My best so far is a track I called Walnut Canyon. I've posted a video and track layout later in this thread.

Last edited:
I made it for the Course Maker thread, but I like the track, so I'll put the Vid here too.

In the Vid I show it in the Course Maker menu as that gives a good look at the track map before starting.

I just signed up here because someone online told me this site was having a contest for creating the best real world track.....well....obviously that was wrong, lol.

But the best track I made is a very passable recreation of Watkin's Glen. Unfortunately I only have the PS3 web browser to post from, so I can't post pics, or a video (though I couldn't make a video anyway). It's not COMPLETELY perfect compared to the real life track, but is shockingly spot on in most places.

Here's a description of the track, pointing out where it's wrong and where it's right.

I can't pick were the start/finish line is, so it's not in the right place. It's on the short straight just before the right hander onto the real track's front straight where the start/finish line should be.

The right hander onto the front straight is wrong. It's a very light corner onto the real front straight, instead of the real tracks 90 degree turn.

The front straight is good and long but unfortunately has a slight bend to it about half way, but you don't have to lift. It goes slightly downhill like the real track.

The first turn is perfect. 90 degrees. You have to brake hard, but still fairly fast just like in the NASCAR games if you played them. You take the same lines, and even the grass cutting is the same lol.

Turns 2 3 and 4, the uphill section with the right hander onto the back stretch is also perfect. Just like in the NASCAR games. It's uncanny when you see it coming up and even has that slight bump at the top of the hill that gets your car loose.

The back stretch is good.....long straight, but unfortunately I couldn't get a shikane where there should be one in the track's NASCAR configuration. So what I replaced it with is a very narrow section with a slight left followed by a sharp left.

After where the shikane should be, I'm back to near perfect with a swooping downhill right hander coming up to a sharper right hander. It's as close as I could get it with the tools. The 2nd turn here is not completely perfect. You have to slow down more than in the nascar games. It's looks right, but doesn't feel exactly right.

That corner comes onto the 3rd long straight into a sharp but fast left hander, just like the real track. The only difference between mine and the real track is that my straight into the turn goes just slightly uphill instead of down, but it's a hardly noticable grade, and still feels JUST like the turn in the NASCAR games.

Then is the final stretch where I unfortunately have to have the start/finish line, and again, after the start we come to what would be the final corner of the real track, which in this version isn't the 90 degree turn it should be, it's more like a 45 degree (or less) turn. That final turn (which on this ver. is the 1st turn, is the only part of the track I'm not happy with. If I could make it sharper the track would be a near perfect recreation. But unfortunately that turn can't be made any better without some other part of the track changing drastically.

Watkin's Glen is my favorite track, and I think I can give this version a fair and impartial score compared to the real one, even though I made it. I would say it's a 7/10 for accuracy compared to the real track, which in all honesty is pretty amazing considering the fairly random nature of the tools.

If anyone knows and likes Watkin's Glen, and wants to try the track and perhaps post up a video of it, feel free to add me on PSN and download my track. Just say you're from GTP on the friend request. Just if you post it anywhere, please give me credit.

After mod nation, i just couldn't bring myself to bother touching this poor excuse for an editor.. It's more like a randomizer than anything.. I was really hoping for something more involved =\

After mod nation, i just couldn't bring myself to bother touching this poor excuse for an editor.. It's more like a randomizer than anything.. I was really hoping for something more involved =\
PD most likely strayed away from that for two reasons: 1) licencing issues with people re-creating real-world circuits and 2) user-friendliness. The latter in particular is important because most racing simulators that allow you to create your own circuits require a fairly detailed knowledge of programming code - knowledge that is beyond most casual gamers.

PD most likely strayed away from that for two reasons: 1) licencing issues with people re-creating real-world circuits and 2) user-friendliness. The latter in particular is important because most racing simulators that allow you to create your own circuits require a fairly detailed knowledge of programming code - knowledge that is beyond most casual gamers.

Mostly 2), I'd say, and a lack of time to fully flesh out the course maker. Allowing hand-drawing or something like it would probably run the risk of any number of visual errors or bugs... even as I think about it, it's getting more and more complex...:scared: but as to licensing, PD couldn't be responsible for someone recreating say Spa-Francorchamps on the course maker any more than Fender could be responsible for someone playing Like A Rolling Stone on a guitar they bought. :)

This is Circuito Fantasmo. I'm drawing off the fact that the circuit slightly resembles a ghost. It is a very, very, very fast circuit with a long, downhill left hander leading on to the main straight. I used paint to try and make the Start/Finish line. The main straight then leads into turn 1, one of the fastest of all the turns. I use this as a proving grounds for my race cars to see how they handle in the fastest of turns.

Track Map:
3308bd2.jpg

If you want to download it, shoot me a friend request.

I had a track on the Eifel theme that I named "Four Corners Raceway". As the name suggests, four corners, but it certainly was not boring. From the front straight you had to brake hard for a tight right-hander hairpin, then it was a slight climb uphill along a long straight where the graidient changes suddenly as the track makes a shallow left turn. Be sure to apply the brakes before you reach the left hander because on the other side of the crest of the hill the track falls away into a tighter right hander. It's downhill now towards the last corner, a fast sweeping right hander that takes you onto the start/finish line.

It was a fun track to drive. I thought I had saved it, but unfortunatly I didn't.

Rerendered as a full in-car lap to show the track layout batter.

I like the look of that track.

Wouldn't mind a wee copy of it. :D

This is Circuito Fantasmo. I'm drawing off the fact that the circuit slightly resembles a ghost. It is a very, very, very fast circuit with a long, downhill left hander leading on to the main straight. I used paint to try and make the Start/Finish line. The main straight then leads into turn 1, one of the fastest of all the turns. I use this as a proving grounds for my race cars to see how they handle in the fastest of turns.

Track Map:
3308bd2.jpg

If you want to download it, shoot me a friend request.

This looks awesome. 👍 I'll friend you next time I'm on.

Here's my best track so far..... the Blu-ray laser quit on me shortly after I recorded this replay....still waiting for a replacement to arrive :( ...

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2PXl3ZS_ehchl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2PXl3ZS_ehc=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

PS. If no video appears in this screen, can someone explain to me how the McLaren guy did it....??? The links in there somewhere!

Thx

Last edited:
advent, you can use the [YOUTUBE ] tag or [YOUTUBEHD ] tag (both without spaces, obviously) and then put the little code that comes right after "watch?v=" in the tag.

It would be better if the videos shows us an actual overview of the circuit. The camera angles make it difficult to judge where the actual road goes.

Yes. The combination of both track map and lap replay would be the best. The cinematic replay is also very difficult to get an idea of what the track is like as it is focused heavily on the car.

I don't have the internet at home currently, but when I do it will be available for download. Give me a week. (or less)

Back