The best way th make a game more acceptable to people..

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 12 comments
United States
United States
The first thing is to make the AI easy on easy and even have a very easy.
AI Lap time
Pro: 1:40
Amateur 1:45
Rookie 1:50
Beginner 1:55
Child 2:00
Who needs arcade physics with a matching AI level..

Last edited:
The first thing is to make the AI easy on easy and even have a very easy.
AI Lap time
Pro: 2:00
Amateur 1:55
Rookie 1:50
Beginner 1:45
Child 1:40

Who needs arcade physics with a matching AI level..
Didn’t know the fastest drivers were 5 year olds. :confused:

Not having qualifying and pit strategy isn't that important (to me).I still like them.

Sorry my initial times were incorrect

Last edited:
Adjustable AI performance is already a thing many sim racing games offer, so that's kind of a null point.

Some people love cars and gaming but find simulation racing games lack the thrill they are looking for; lowering the difficulty of AI does nothing to resolve this point. Arcade racing games exist because they provide an alternative thrill to simulators; while you get fun from experiencing what it would be like to drive a GT3 race car on the Nurburgring, others may desire exaggerated experiences of taking multi-million-dollar hypercars to fictional locations with the state's entire police force hunting you down. Alternatively, some people just want to focus on the racing/meeting in-game objectives and not have to think about tyre temperatures, fuel level and other management features present in simulators.

In short, the appeal of arcade racing games comes from experiencing vehicles in a way that is not possible in real life and immersing yourself in a developer's alternative vision of motor racing and automotive culture.

They all come with difficulty levels. That is not the point. My point is the lowest difficulty level is to tough and the time between each level is not enough. Milestone games are a perfect example of a casual player not being able to the AI and trial time minimums. F1 games are tough to beat on low difficulty.

Most Simulation racing games allow you to turn off tire wear, damage, exc.. So that aspect is the same.

Arcade IMO is a game where you can take a 90 degree turn at 100mph. The thing is even arcade games will have a limits.

They all come with difficulty levels. That is not the point. My point is the lowest difficulty level is to tough and the time between each level is not enough. Milestone games are a perfect example of a casual player not being able to the AI and trial time minimums. F1 games are tough to beat on low difficulty.

I'm sure Codemasters and Milestone have data on the performance of even the least competent players and use that to judge what the easiest level should be. You can't account for every skill level because you will end up with cars driving around a circuit at 5mph.

EDIT: I would like to add sometimes thresholds can be judged incorrectly, in which case a considerable number of players will reach out to the developers, which should rectify the issue.

Last edited:

Most Simulation racing games allow you to turn off tire wear, damage, exc.. So that aspect is the same.

Arcade IMO is a game where you can take a 90 degree turn at 100mph. The thing is even arcade games will have a limits.
Sim racers are meant to be hard. Even on the lowest difficulty you will still have trouble trying to play game especially if you're playing a sim racer with a controller like Project CARS. Driving in a game with realistic handling isn't always easy. I think the lower difficulty could be more towards casuals who are more familiar with sim racers but thats just my take.

One of the main points is that if you can't win against the lowest AI the game is going to be very frustrating. In the Ride games you won't be able to unlock some of your favorite motorcycles.

One of the main points is that if you can't win against the lowest AI the game is going to be very frustrating. In the Ride games you won't be able to unlock some of your favorite motorcycles.
I get that. What I’m trying to say is there are many other reasons that can contribute to the game being difficult for the player other than the AI simply being difficult like having trouble trying to control the car. Have you even ever tried playing a sim racer with driving aids on since you never mentioned that earlier?

You should of tried testing out those games you mentioned earlier with the driving aids on while on the lowest difficulty setting rather than only trying with just tire wear and damage off.

Last edited:
I would rather lose then put driving aids on. I don't have the time or money to drive these cars around a track(IRL) so I do it virtually and that experience would be lessened with driving aids.

Wow, I really messed up the title to this thread....

Last edited:
I would rather lose then put driving aids on. I don't have the time or money to drive these cars around a track(IRL) so I do it virtually and that experience would be lessened with driving aids.

Wow, I really messed up the title to this thread....
Well there’s your problem. It’s not like we’re going to make fun of you for using driving aids. If you could at least test the lower difficulties out with driving assists, then we could perhaps understand you a bit more.

And look. If you don’t like driving aids, fine but in this moment can you at least try it out? Driving aids are probably like the only way that casuals would even be able to beat the minimum lap times in order to progress in a sim racer, let alone them being able to play sim racers in the first place.

Last edited:
Back