The Best/Worst Threads and Posts in GTPlanet History

TB
How about you simply report the post(s) instead of drawing unnecessary attention to them?
Lack of report? Fair cop. Unnecessary attention? That'd be everything on the "worst" side in this thread then wouldn't it?

But mostly I just thought that people might need some sextuple in their lives.

Either that or if there is someone else willing to take my place, they can as well.

Would I have to report the OP of this thread?
I'd guess a message to some staff would probably be the way to go.
You might need a replacement lined up ready.

How does a site like GTPlanet get spambots? I don't get it. I thought only emails/Facebook get spam.
I imagine most forums have spambots of some kind. I've seen plenty of threads and status's by spambots that are almost identical to the one above.

How does a site like GTPlanet get spambots? I don't get it. I thought only emails/Facebook get spam.

They usually post late at night when they think all the mods are asleep. I've stayed up fairly late and made plenty of reports for those threads and status bots. I'm sure the mods can attest to that.

Dan
They usually post late at night when they think all the mods are asleep. I've stayed up fairly late and made plenty of reports for those threads and status bots. I'm sure the mods can attest to that.
Are all of the mods American? You figure they'd have a few international ones to provide that night coverage.

How many?

And why do all the spambot threads get deleted? They should be locked, so we can still view them, because some of their posts are entertaining to read.
Here's the issue: Most of them leave an email or contact method. So it's either delete them, or lock them and have idiots falling for it.

And why do all the spambot threads get deleted?
Their posts are advertisements.
Their posts contain links that are extremely harmful.
Their posts contain searchable keyphrases so that they can be found from Google and derive income.
Submitting their posts to blacklists (which is an automated feature alongside deletion when a post is flagged as spam) mean that fewer of them can post their crap on this and any other site which uses the same blacklists.

Anything else?

Dan
That's a thing?
The spammer in question posted the exact same post in 4 other places today, according to a Google search. There are no other results.

It's kind of like how you go on Craigslist looking for parts of a Golf, and you find an ad for some :censored:box 80s Cavalier as the first result that has GOLF CIVIC CRX INTEGRA 240SX CAMARO MUSTANG COROLLA MR2 GTI CELICA SUPRA RX7 300ZX along the bottom of the text area.

It's kind of like how you go on Craigslist looking for parts of a Golf, and you find an ad for some :censored:box 80s Cavalier as the first result that has GOLF CIVIC CRX INTEGRA 240SX CAMARO MUSTANG COROLLA MR2 GTI CELICA SUPRA RX7 300ZX along the bottom of the text area.

So, it's basically like search engine optimization, or tag spamming on YouTube? Remember when you used to be able to view the actual tags, then people began throwing paragraphs of keywords in the description box?

Back